• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Key West Tuesday - The Pics

You can catch up with our photo gallery from Monday. Thanks to Mer, Sara Proctor, Michael Brown and Kregg Miller for the talent.

Sweet Clean, thanks for lots and lots of pics! :)

As much as the CS42 is a dog, it's sexy! It's no R/P 45 or a Dk 46 for that matter but it a nice looking boat, I bet the interor is really nice too.

But this is definitely my favor picture from Monday!

Stoli huh ?

Verrrrrry metrosexual. Sigh !

I'm pretty comfortable with my sexuality - besides, it's cheap.

Groove with a huge smackdown on MM - leebowed at the layline. Mescal trying to thread the needle - DIDNT DO IT _ MM had to alter course for ML Holy crap!

Fiamma slipped in on Barking Mad. Goombay Smash just behind, followed by SLED. TWins, Nanoq just behind. Struntje has a red flag flying behind. I can't find Alinghi - did we miss them??

Your comment was beautiful about hoping he doesn't make the mark.

How many others were praying the samething?????

I was!!!!

First Race Photos by Meredith Block.

First Race Photos by Meredith Block

First Race Photos by Meredith Block

_MG_9321.jpg

_MG_9336.jpg

_MG_9591.jpg

_MG_9346.jpg

_MG_9347.jpg

_MG_9587.jpg

_MG_9351.jpg

_MG_9582.jpg

_MG_9579.jpg

_MG_9357.jpg

_MG_9573.jpg

_MG_9362.jpg

_MG_9565.jpg

_MG_9564.jpg

Clean - Are you going to make higher res versions of these pics available anywhere? I would love a desktop size version of the M32 going upwind with the runner.

MS

PIC OF THE DAY!

Thanks to Jeff Misenheimer.

Caption: Spinnakers are not upwind sails.

Nothing like a M32 showing her bottom in 10-12kts. Priceless! :lol:

Great pics, and awesome coverage, Clean, Mer, Vegas (and assorted other rabble rousers... who yelled the comment at Pod in that M30 video? too funny.) Keep the stuff coming!

Mer, one quick suggestion: Looks like your camera is underexposing most of your shots. Not surprising, as the onboard meter is probably having trouble dealing with light sky, light colored water, and white boats. Similar to shooting in snow, it's trying to make everything a nice standard 17% gray, yielding darker, muddier shots than one would like. I'd recommend using the exposure compensation feature on your camera (I assume it's got one) to force the camera to overexpose your shots by a half stop or one full stop, and then see what happens. Should yield brighter, more accurately exposed pics.

And yes, I know you guys are working fast and furious in real time, so there's no post-processing going on. I figured the above adjustment could be a "quick hit" to yield good results. (Just don't forget to set it back to "normal" exposure once you get back off the water)

Keep up the great work! Judging by the background audio on that M30 Pod video, you guys sound like you're having fun out there.

apex - Mer just did what you said, and they look much better - thanks a ton.

Excellent! Glad to be able to contribute in any way to the OTW coverage. :)

Keep up the great work, guys!

Will there be video/pics from the "clothing optional" SA party? :P

Excellent! Glad to be able to contribute in any way to the OTW coverage. :)

Keep up the great work, guys!

Will there be video/pics from the "clothing optional" SA party? :P

My understanding is that the SA party location wisely has a ban on photographic equipment - but we'll see how it goes anyway.

Be sure to check back later for the full gallery from Mer, Bill and Sara - we've got hundreds of great shots that we'll get up in better quality on Picasa or whatever.

If anyone wants a specific print, shoot me or Mer an e-mail at Alan@blocksail.com or Meredith@blocksail.com

Thanks again for watching, and thanks to Kattack and Point Loma Outfitting for making today's action possible.

See ya!

I'm pretty comfortable with my sexuality - besides, it's cheap.

You don't have to mention it - it is pretty obvious that your sexuality is cheap :lol:

PHRF 1 start pic from the Premiere site BLOG. Who is it with a reef in their main? Is that the FT10? How hard was it blowing?

KWPHRF1Start.jpg

no cameras allowed

But, how about cell phones...

PHRF 1 start pic from the Premiere site BLOG. Who is it with a reef in their main? Is that the FT10? How hard was it blowing?

KWPHRF1Start.jpg

Too much for the skinny boat...

Great pics and vids. I know it is not always easy, but try to keep the camera focused on the water (not on you, sorry we are focused on the boats) and it is too late for this venue but perhaps you can try one of those programs (Dragon) where you talk, and it types and have it go direct to a blog, perhaps...you would watch, talk and get the info in more quickly. Don't know if that would work or not.

Has Tom Neil been out in his rib?

Go Nitemare

Go the Jack-A-Roe :D

Clean:

Our crew has never hiked so hard! Seeing it on video and in the pics will provide that little extra bit of motivation for tomorrow. Everyone's in the hot tub now tending to sore backs.

Kudo's to you guys for being out there for so many hours today rolling around on the photo boat.

Cirdan

Great Video!! Are you guys ever gonna let POD let this one go? :angry: He must put up with so much crap.....How many years now? Does everyone boooo him when he receives his awards at the party after the race? How much abuse can one person take :blink:

Great work guys! Really tough sitting at my computer watching all this second hand. Up all night with the 2 week old baby (future opti prodigy!) -same amount of puking as my last Key West, just not at Sloppy Joe's! Whats up with Simon? Hope they do better today...kind of validating though!

Keep the reports coming-the best regatta coverage I've ever seen. Much better that the A/C with some snotty English guy commentating and no party reports, booing, or fart jokes. This is what racing is all about. Any word on how to watch the vids if I am on a Mac-can't seem to make it work.

How was the Garden? Funny story- last time I went there there was a "shave your friends" party - no kidding- actually saw some local guys shaving each others arm hair...at the bar! What a strange place.

I have vowed to never have sex in April again! Not gonna miss another KWRW!

Fucken awesome man! Love the uh... commentary... towards POD...

Great Video!! Are you guys ever gonna let POD let this one go? :angry: He must put up with so much crap.....How many years now? Does everyone boooo him when he receives his awards at the party after the race? How much abuse can one person take :blink:

surprisingly, no one said a thing when he went up to get his trophy. But he does not deserve to be let off the hook just yet IMO.

In case anyone wanted to know there are other boats out there besides mumms, f40's, and m32's. There doesn't seem to be any pics of the small boats around.

In case anyone wanted to know there are other boats out there besides mumms, f40's, and m32's. There doesn't seem to be any pics of the small boats around.

Sit tight - Mer's loading Melges, J/80, and J/105 pics now.

PIC OF THE DAY!

Thanks to Jeff Misenheimer.

Caption: Spinnakers are not upwind sails.

CORRECTION: Pic was taken by Bill Misenheimer (and he's really fucking pissed his brother is getting credit...NOT)

Great Job, Clean, and others there with you.

Next year, get the Ed to pony up and buy you one of THESE

And a better microphone so we can hear your press conferences better.