Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScowVegas

Key West Wednesday- The Comments

The SA Team headed up by Clean, Mer and Vegas are knocking off the big pieces and presenting another day of Key West Race Week 2008 coverage Anarchy style.

Brad Van Liew is the Charleston Race Week Event Chairman and Director of the South Carolina Maritime Foundation. He also is the only american to win the Around Alone race, doing so in his second attempt in 2002. The first time he was rolled in his open 50 at Cape Horn, jury-rigged a new mast, continued to Uruguay for repairs, and still finished the race in third. An amazing man, driven and forceful, and passionate about his mission to help South Carolina's students learn important lessons on board a traditional tall ship, the Spirit of South Carolina.

Here's the video:

Have fun, hope it is a little warmer for you guys. Thanks for all the good stuff. FYI, I is colder than crap up here in Michigan.

Can you try to keep us in tune with wind direction today? Early reports stated NE, but premeire site is reporting SE winds under 10.

Make sure you Buy Bear a few Brewmylars at the tent to keep him loose!

Will

The SA party last night at the Garden of Eden was a blast ~ One Guy and his band of hooligan's from D-town put on one hell of shin-ding. Tattoo's were donned by most if not all of the hotties; scantily clad of course.

Clean's big box of T-Shirts, Hats, Stickers and other SA and Partner swag was handed out en-mass ~ With a 5 am wake up call for yours truely, I am no thankful that Clean tossed me out of the bar at an early hour ~ However, It took me two hours to get back to my house as I continuously got lost and even hand a few minor run ins with some select curbs. Riding a bike is hard when your balance goes out on you.

But alas I met my 5 am obligations, and we're getting geared up for what looks to be a fairly light air day ~ We've got scattered cloud cover, with sun burning hard and bright when it seeps through. The forecast today is calling for 5 knot winds out of the NE clocking north by mid day. We've got the cooler stocked with cold ones and we're going out to see whats what

~ Stay Tuned!

Have fun, hope it is a little warmer for you guys. Thanks for all the good stuff. FYI, I is colder than crap up here in Michigan.

Can you try to keep us in tune with wind direction today? Early reports stated NE, but premeire site is reporting SE winds under 10.

Make sure you Buy Bear a few Brewmylars at the tent to keep him loose!

Will

Well right now the winds are becalmed ~ But we will take regular wind checks and get that info to you ~ Should the wind come up at all.

Well right now the winds are becalmed ~ But we will take regular wind checks and get that info to you ~ Should the wind come up at all.

stellar job! looking forward to more fun. hope you folks can halt all workplace productivity, seemingly worldwide, again today! what evil genius!! any johnny obIVous sightings at the GOE party last night?

Good morning from sunny Dublin, when you have a moment, could you post the reason for Flash Glove's score of 7 (p40) in yesterday's third race in IRC 1.

Many thanks!

Nothing like sailing a drifter with a pounding hangover, the sun beating down as you as the sweat drips inside your shades.

Who's chumming today?

I am sure we are capable of a much better Garden of Eden report than that. Take your redbull frapachino and lets get to some serious writing.

The SA party last night at the Garden of Eden was a blast ~ One Guy and his band of hooligan's from D-town put on one hell of shin-ding. Tattoo's were donned by most if not all of the hotties; scantily clad of course.

Clean's big box of T-Shirts, Hats, Stickers and other SA and Partner swag was handed out en-mass ~ With a 5 am wake up call for yours truely, I am no thankful that Clean tossed me out of the bar at an early hour ~ However, It took me two hours to get back to my house as I continuously got lost and even hand a few minor run ins with some select curbs. Riding a bike is hard when your balance goes out on you.

But alas I met my 5 am obligations, and we're getting geared up for what looks to be a fairly light air day ~ We've got scattered cloud cover, with sun burning hard and bright when it seeps through. The forecast today is calling for 5 knot winds out of the NE clocking north by mid day. We've got the cooler stocked with cold ones and we're going out to see whats what

~ Stay Tuned!

stellar job! looking forward to more fun. hope you folks can halt all workplace productivity, seemingly worldwide, again today! what evil genius!! any johnny obIVous sightings at the GOE party last night?

I'd like to be the first give my wife a proper SA welcome ~ FUCK OFF NEWB!!

Thanks for the support baby ~ I could never do this with out you!

Ohh yeah here's a welcome wednesday video

I am sure we are capable of a much better Garden of Eden report than that. Take your redbull frapachino and lets get to some serious writing.

Have you received a proper SA Welcome? Who wants this one?!!

If you want serious writing go buy a News Week

Just catching up here a little. The sweat coming out of my pores reeks of vodka. Somehow, Mer ended up sleeping in the car while I ended up at Teaser's with a shitload of Anarchists. I'm still in a lot of trouble - not because I went to the strip club, but because I didn't bring her.

Freak, I don't know what the deal was with FG - I'll find out later. Rob, Peter, Sammy, and Don all came over to shoot pool at the bar just below the Garden - being proper pommies, the nude dude scared them off. Just not proper, old chap.

Clean/Vegas,

Any chat from the No Naked Flames guys? I heard they were short on crew, bust a spin pole and did a 720 yesterday?? Also heard the Carl couldnt get near the helm - is that true?

Cheers

The premier blog seems to be as exciting and informative as ever -

You would think after seeing the SA live video reports and Mer's quality race pics they would realize how lame the photo coverage is on the Premier Racing 'blog'...

"Mount Gay Rum Day ~ 23 Jan 2008 Event Blogger: Jennifer Langille

Welcome to Day 3 of Acura Key West Race Week!

Current Conditions: The sun greets us this morning here in Key West! The breeze is SE to S, between 6-10 knots and showing a softening trend. The best breeze of the day is for this AM, warmer temps (low 70s rising to 80s this afternoon) and a flatter sea.

"Today's forecast calls for light winds but they are low confidence forecast and it is our hope to get in 2 races" ~ RC

Division 1 - Farr 40, Melges 32, M 30 Reporter: Susan Burnside

0937H: We are still in a holding pattern around mid course. Our weather mark boat reports no observable winds at the top of the circle per their instruments.

0934H: We have had a school of dolphins just show up as we are drifting and checking wind. The took a look and moved on. We are seeing 140/120 at 3.5 - 4k with variations of directions as these lower clouds go by.

Division 2 - IRC 1, Swan 42, PHRF 1, IRC 2, PHRF 2

Reporter: Steve Washburn

1003H: Seeing a wind line approaching us- 120 degree wind at 4 kts-- with another wind-line behind that

0954H: We are on the course now taking readings of winds less than 3 knots from multiple directions. Will see what develops over the next 60 -90 minutes.

Division 3 - Melges 24, J/105, J/80

Reporter: Cindy Saunders

Division 4 - Corsair 28R, PHRF 3, PHRF 4, PHRF 5, PHRF 6

Reporter: Joy Dorethy

0954H: Location:

24 31.481

81 44.434

Winds reaching 6k to the south and heading this way.

I just got an email from Sara, at Goetz Boatworks. She wanted me to pass along the info that their container is down at West Marine, and they have two of their best boatbuilders there with a bunch of carbon and epoxy, who can likely fix almost anything you need. They've been really busy, but there's plenty more hours in the day if anyone needs anything fixed. Tell 'em SA sent you and they'll probably cut you a deal.

Thanks again.

I can hardly see right now. Fucking SA parties kill me every time. Wait til you see the tattoos on this 20 year-old chick...pics to come.

Today is going to be a long one, eh boys?

You have no idea, bro. Besides just being long because time creeps when you're this hungover, I'll be surprised if they can get a start in right now. Maybe there is enough breeze offshore, but today is bikini weather, not hot racing action. Good thing we've got some insanely hot bitches aboard.

Todays coverage is brought to you by our friends hosting Charleston Race Week.

Who has been to Charleston? Chime in with your favorite story of this kick ass town

Special thanks to Gunter, Chairman of the European M-24 Class Association, for helping us with mark roundings and boat ID's yesterday. He took the time to tell us about the Euro class, what's on line for the future of the Melges in Europe, and what to expect in Sardinia Worlds this year.

(scot bumped up the servers pretty significantly yesterday, so we're back to embedding our vids. .hope you enjoy.

The premier blog seems to be as exciting and informative as ever -

You would think after seeing the SA live video reports and Mer's quality race pics they would realize how lame the photo coverage is on the Premier Racing 'blog'...

Premiere has given their "bloggers" the direction that basically, there's to be no color commentary. Just the facts, ma'am.

Problem is that's about as exciting as watching paint dry. People just don't get it.

If you want to see some grade-A Premiere Racing bullshit, check out the Mo-Bay thread. Someone link it for me please.

How are the boys on the Annapolis Esse doing? Come on guys. Lets go.

Esses are hoping for a big day today. They had moments of speed yesterday but didn't have clean races.....that and the lumpy conditions with just not quite enough wind to have some fun rides downwind hurt them a little. The heavier boats with 3 and 4 feet of waterline on them were tough. The last race one of them was doing very well and caught a huge peice of weed and had to actually stop and back down.....tough to recover from.

We hope they run 5 races today in the light stuff!!!! Look for the Ches Bay and Long Island guys to have good days today!!

Yo! where the picklefork action at? Y'all be hating on a trimaran.

Premiere racing was fairly logical in putting the Corsairs on the PHRF circles so the boys in their big $$ IRC/OD boats don't get embarassed.

You have no idea, bro. Besides just being long because time creeps when you're this hungover, I'll be surprised if they can get a start in right now. Maybe there is enough breeze offshore, but today is bikini weather, not hot racing action. Good thing we've got some insanely hot bitches aboard.

PICS DAMN IT!

Who has been to Charleston? Chime in with your favorite story of this kick ass town

I'm all for supporting the sponsors... but I would much rather hear about the party and see the pictures from last night.

Premiere racing was fairly logical in putting the Corsairs on the PHRF circles so the boys in their big $$ IRC/OD boats don't get embarassed.

Ohh Brother You Know I'm down with the Tri's!

We're doing full coverage of PHRFs and the Corsairs on Course 4 tomorrow ~ They look better on a full plane anyway. Today is hot,sticky and light.

We're out on Course #2 right now ~ All the big IRCs are sail down with little movement ~ We'll keep you posted.

Dude, the Corsairs would be pretty humiliated in this breeze. Don't they need 15 knots to catch a mono?

;)

We'll get M32 stuff on Friday, I'm sure. Today we're hanging with the big guys, and maybe we'll go over to the M32/J80 after that.

I'm all for supporting the sponsors... but I would much rather hear about the party and see the pictures from last night.

Well the funny thing about the Garden is they have these DJ's that double as Bouncers enforcing thier "No Cameras or Cell Phone use" Policy

One Guy has a group photo I'm sure he'll put up soon~

Someone on board just gave me some vitamins. Maybe they'll wake me up. The hottest stripper at Teasers is named Porsche.

Just a few facts.

B)-->

QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 10:44 AM)
Ohhh no....he comes the Mono Multi shit fight!!!!!!

Hey Clean where you reporting from today......which course!!

We're on Course 2 covering the IRC/PHRFs with some runs over to Course 1 for the Farr 40s, Mumm 30s, and M32s

Jesus it's hot here ~ Better than Chi-town so Joopy says

You can tell Clean that we're doing our bit to support the sponsor.......eleven Vipers registered for Charleston so far.

(I think its time to move us out of PHRF on the Scratch sheet.)

We've been promised by Clean the best party in the South East. We intend to hold him to that.

Ohh yeah here's a welcome wednesday video

Dude, you said Wednesday.

DO you know what that means? (in General anarchy anyway)

I am not going to click the link, cuz I don't look at naked men.

You have no idea, bro. Besides just being long because time creeps when you're this hungover, I'll be surprised if they can get a start in right now. Maybe there is enough breeze offshore, but today is bikini weather, not hot racing action. Good thing we've got some aboard.

Candygram for Mongo

Mongo like "insanely hot bitches " .

Pics or .......

You can tell Clean that we're doing our bit to support the sponsor.......eleven Vipers registered for Charleston so far.

(I think its time to move us out of PHRF on the Scratch sheet.)

We've been promised by Clean the best party in the South East. We intend to hold him to that.

I'm just scared that I'm going to be blacklisted by CORA after April if it gets as crazy as I think it will.

Just so you know, guys - Meaghan and Brad Van Liew run CRW - a big video interview is loading right now that I did with Brad a few days ago before we left for CRW about his getting rolled off Cape Horn during the around alone as well as the stuff he's currently working on.

Good folks, all around.

Special thanks to Gunter, Chairman of the European M-24 Class Association, for helping us with mark roundings and boat ID's yesterday. He took the time to tell us about the Euro class, what's on line for the future of the Melges in Europe, and what to expect in Sardinia Worlds this year.

Clean - Great interview with Gunter. Keep up the great interviews.

I know that we're not supposed to put pics over here, but I'm going to make an exception for the hot chicks. The rest will go over in the pics thread.

_MG_0149.jpg

Candygram for Mongo

Mongo like "insanely hot bitches " .

Pics or .......

:lol: Watched that movie again last night... "Would you like another schnitzengruben?"

I'm getting a "no longer available" on the on the water video report. Could you also provide a youtube link? Perhaps embedded it's somehow getting overloaded? That's what I'm hoping....

The Charleston scene is really good and getting better. A very good growing Melges 24 fleet-E-scows. Lots of competitive PHRF- Malges 24 Nationals are here this year. Don't even get me started on the party scene! Big college, beaches, great weather-

My last boat PAGAN (People Against Goodness And Normalcy) j-35 which I just sold had a great first day at CRW last year scoring a 2-1-2 (the last 2 was decided by 3 seconds. Big crazy party night at Patriots Point including our team's signature dance "the butt sprinkler" in unison, barefoot in the sand when we went up to get our day trophy.

Our mast man (codename INKY b/c of 3 full sleeves of tattoos)- gets in a "legal bind" that evening for unbridled enthusiasm"and spends the night in the poky. End up 5th!.

Day three was blown out with a gale peaking at 45+ knots. Couldn't get the boat off the dock to bring her up the river so spent the day drinking Goslings below deck. Conceived my new baby that day! Waht a race week!

I know that we're not supposed to put pics over here, but I'm going to make an exception for the hot chicks. The rest will go over in the pics thread.

Besides being out of focus and her having more clothes on then the guys in Chicago, she might be hot, I thought it was bikini day????

Besides being out of focus and her having more clothes on then the guys in Chicago, she might be hot, I thought it was bikini day????

Here you go guys ~

Winds are starting to come up ~ Looks like we're gonna get one off!

DSC01606.JPG

Also thinking it might be worth being within camera distance of Alinghi around, oh, say, 2:15pm today. Might get to capture a 'priceless' moment...

Here you go guys ~

Winds are starting to come up ~ Looks like we're gonna get one off!

post-20085-1201105697_thumb.jpg

Clean...................................................................you're lookin' a little rough there son.

Also thinking it might be worth being within camera distance of Alinghi around, oh, say, 2:15pm today. Might get to capture a 'priceless' moment...

hmmm this sounds interesting...any more info on this "priceless moment" j24vt?

was that "captain sugar" i spotted in this vid? if so, tell him i love him. if not, tell that blonde guy i love him, anyway!

That's Areile from the big apple, she trimmed my chute a couple races last year........ she's good crew, really comes prepared with the good stuff and her dad gave her a sweet baltic 44...........

is there a court announcement happening at 2:15?

So Vegas, How did you wake up at 5am? Your new shoes arrived today too. Keep cool out there. It's nice on shore.

AWESOME Thanks Ed, and YOU KNOW how I woke up at 5am ~ with you cooing in my ear "Wake up fucker your alarm is going off"

thanks man you saved my ass.

~ I'd like to dedicate this video to our friends at Iniki.com

Winds are down again ~ Big Blue H hanging inthe sky today. We're ina holding pattern "holding 12 oz of Budwieser pattern"

Rough is an understatement for how I'm feeling. 97363 bought me way too many drinks at 2AM at Teaser's. Ouch.

Rough is an understatement for how I'm feeling. 97363 bought me way too many drinks at 2AM at Teaser's. Ouch.

Clean.....I can not beleave you don't have a full on 10 foot long bloddy mary bar going on that boat.....

By the way.....best hangover relief in key west beside lap dances is a Cuban Sandwich.....it will either completely fix you or it will make you blow chunks and you will feel better soon there after....It is a win win!!!

Only 12:00 and the RC just abandoned on Course 2. We'll have more info shortly, heading over the M24s to see if they've got anything going on. I'm not sure why you'd abandon so quickly...

I've got some very nice pics uploading at the moment to the other thread. Remember that if you're not a registered SA'er, you can't see the thumbnails, just file names. Sign up, it takes two minutes.

Also, for the rest of you, please take a minute and go to "my controls" in the top left corner of the screen, then click "board controls" along the bottom left.

Then set your "posts per page" to 25. Thanks.

Judge Herman is coming on at 2:00pm and EB & LE are the featured guests.

Only 12:00 and the RC just abandoned on Course 2. We'll have more info shortly, heading over the M24s to see if they've got anything going on. I'm not sure why you'd abandon so quickly...

premiere website stating div 1 & 2 abandoned.

Better snap out of it Clean; it's Salsa night at Virgilio's. Was in there a couple years ago and one of the strippers from the ballroom came up to Dow and gave him a hug, kiss on the lips, and bought him a drink. Bout fell over. Actually think I did but it wasn't from that.

Gloves

Premiere has given their "bloggers" the direction that basically, there's to be no color commentary. Just the facts, ma'am.

Problem is that's about as exciting as watching paint dry. People just don't get it.

If you want to see some grade-A Premiere Racing bullshit, check out the Mo-Bay thread. Someone link it for me please.

This Thread?

Yup. Looks like bullshit to me.

It looks like the Melges/J105/J80 are heading in as well. We're on our way to course 4, where it looks like a race is going on. More breeze out here to the East. I'm pretty pissed off right about now. Unless Commanders Weather has some really perfect evidence of Breeze Off for the rest of the day, sending everyone in before noon is a bullshit move. Truly bullshit.

It's a fucking gorgeous day for being on the water ~ This job sux ;)

the white stuff's coming down hard and heavy in chicago, AGAIN!! make good job!

It looks like the Melges/J105/J80 are heading in as well. We're on our way to course 4, where it looks like a race is going on. More breeze out here to the East. I'm pretty pissed off right about now. Unless Commanders Weather has some really perfect evidence of Breeze Off for the rest of the day, sending everyone in before noon is a bullshit move. Truly bullshit.

div 4 just got a race off per premiere website.

they say their onshore and offshore weather guys say best chance of wind was noon with dying breeze in the afternoon.

Pics are up...gooooood pics.

We've been working extra hard to develop the next product in the Tensiometer line. This one is brand new and incredibly effective. If you can give it a good name, you win an SA T-shirt. Post your answers here, cine Division 4 just hot called off. CRAP!

_MG_0230.jpg