Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScowVegas

Key West Wednesday- The Comments

Pics are up...gooooood pics.

We've been working extra hard to develop the next product in the Tensiometer line. This one is brand new and incredibly effective. If you can give it a good name, you win an SA T-shirt. Post your answers here, cine Division 4 just hot called off. CRAP!

My three submissions for the new tensionmeter line:

- GGW 1000 (Girls gone wild)

- GOG 1000 (Girl on girl )

- GOK 1000 ( Gay OK [ if girls are hot ] )

and we all know that Dodge Asterisk has never been to teasers ( it's really, really easy to tell that the dancers are women )

We've been working extra hard to develop the next product in the Tensiometer line. This one is brand new and incredibly effective. If you can give it a good name, you win an SA T-shirt. Post your answers here, cine Division 4 just hot called off. CRAP!

My three submissions for the new tensionmeter line:

- GGW 1000 (Girls gone wild)

- GOG 1000 (Girl on girl )

- GOK 1000 ( Gay OK [ if girls are hot ] )

and we all know that Dodge Asterisk has never been to teasers ( it's really, really easy to tell that the dancers are women )

Guaranteed to stiffen your rig!

Just got a call from a Melges sailor - they are aghast at the RC's bullshit. "We were going upwind doing 4 knots and downwind doing 4 knots - that would be 4 fucking races in Lake St. Clair!"

Retarded, miserable RC work. Sorry guys - to postpone for a lousy 90 minutes and then tthrow in the towel is BULLSHIT, especially now that we've got 6 knots on the water with a darker line in the distance.

The glorious KWRW is now a three-day rregatta.

But we did just hook a fish.

This is how WE roll.

Touch it.

Photo Credit Tim Wilkes/Tim Wilkes Photography

www.timwilkes.com

He spent a bunch of time at the SA party, too. Top bro and one of the best in the biz.

KW08_2503timwilkes.jpg

Key West with two days of abondanment! That Sucks! :angry:

Hope Thur and Fri will bring good wind and lots of races

A little pimpin'

... and be sure to check out the dealer list at www.dryinc.com

Mark is a very good guy, he's been extremely helpful to us as well as the SA community with his spot-on tropical storm analysis. For hot weather, nothing even comes close to ProWik.

I guess we can forgive Clean for sending us a link to the boringest site on the entire Internet since he's enduring what must be the Everest of hangovers. The real URL is: http://www.dryarmour.com/

This is how WE roll.

Touch it.

Photo Credit Tim Wilkes/Tim Wilkes Photography

www.timwilkes.com

He spent a bunch of time at the SA party, too. Top bro and one of the best in the biz.

So where are the photos of the Chameleons? Mama wants to know.

Cheers,

MikeR

Key West with two days of abondanment! That Sucks! :angry:

Hope Thur and Fri will bring good wind and lots of races

The abandonment was total BULLSHIT.... The Corsairs were around the windward mark! The Esses were leading and doign friggin 5 knots to windward and at the windward mark in about 30 minutes for a 1.3 mile leg. The wind had not shifted and the course was square...

To start a race then abandon when everyone is moving is very very bad form! This just totally slants the regatta toward the heavy air boats.

Bad Form Race Commitee!!!

bleary todfay after the KWRW mixder lat night..,.wierd place...the bbull and bottle actually is clothes opt5ional, and they where a pain in hte ass about pice too....of course the only naked people where those that you DID NOT want to see naked....just onE old fat guy...NO IT WAS not me!!!

HEy in my never ending saga to cop a ride abourd the Wally, I met acouple of the Highland Fling crew...I think I'm IN....they said that I looked like a first rate wanker!..I am not familiar with Scottish sailing terminalogy...just waht does a wanker do on board?...any way they said that they would add me to the crew just as soon ans Admiral nELSON returns from Fiddlers Green....which I guess is a bar somewhere on Key West...more later

bleary todfay after the KWRW mixder lat night..,.wierd place...the bbull and bottle actually is clothes opt5ional, and they where a pain in hte ass about pice too

haha judging by ZAR's typing he is still drunk...lucky bastard im sober in the office

Clean just said that he has a spy in the Board Room, he's going text him when the ruling goes down ~ Stay Tuned

Seriously, live is hard. Enjoy our lovely Alicia. She's bringing her sister tomorrow.

Seriously, get her a Gillette. "Winter Bush" is out!

I'm sure someone will post this to an AC thread, but I'll announce what I can that is going on at the courtroom...

AC UPDATE sponsored by Charleston Race Week ;)

Schnackenburg is not there.

Ostrager is arguing that the ISAF rules (Keelboat) apply and make the GGYC challenge invalid. Tried to introduce a letter from ISAF into the argument, Judge cuts him off.

GGYC up next.

I'm sure someone will post this to an AC thread, but I'll announce what I can that is going on at the courtroom...

AC UPDATE sponsored by Charleston Race Week ;)

Schnackenburg is not there.

Ostrager is arguing that the ISAF rules (Keelboat) apply and make the GGYC challenge invalid. Tried to introduce a letter from ISAF into the argument, Judge cuts him off.

GGYC up next.

Is there an ISAF award for being integral to the sport in terms of reporting on racing? If so, I nominate Clean. The man is in Key West giving live video feeds and reporting on proceedings in NYC. Unbelievable!

Carbon

Is there an ISAF award for being integral to the sport in terms of reporting on racing? If so, I nominate Clean. The man is in Key West giving live video feeds and reporting on proceedings in NYC. Unbelievable!

Carbon

Thats why we love him! :ph34r: Someone has to give coverage of both places!

Thats why we love him! :ph34r: Someone has to give coverage of both places!

Especially after his intense coverage of last night's activities!

I don't want an award. I want a new boat.

We're going into the car, I have my aircard, I'll post the AC updates here. Got to keep you here for as long as I can. My card crapped out at an inopprtune time, killing the upload I did of the Brad Van Liew video. I'm going to the hotel now to try it again, and the rest of them. Stick around as long as you can.

B)-->

QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The abandonment was total BULLSHIT.... The Corsairs were around the windward mark! The Esses were leading and doign friggin 5 knots to windward and at the windward mark in about 30 minutes for a 1.3 mile leg. The wind had not shifted and the course was square...

To start a race then abandon when everyone is moving is very very bad form! This just totally slants the regatta toward the heavy air boats.

Doug,

I heard from a source that the race was shit canned because we were the only circle to get a start which means a phrf boat would have been boat of the day. Premiere can't have that, it was total political bullshit.

We were doing great in our little 4ksb. It really hurts because we had to drop out of race 3 and need to get 7 races in to get the throw out.

Judge had letters submitted by SNG a couple days ago, GGYC submitted counter letter, Judge said he hadn't read them, but will do so this weekend and issue his ruling on Monday. Comment from the courtroom: "He seems pretty bored about this whole thing, to be honest."

Decision expected Monday, but who the hell knows anymore. Feel free to post this in AC Anarchy.

Back to uploading vids.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The abandonment was total BULLSHIT.... The Corsairs were around the windward mark! The Esses were leading and doign friggin 5 knots to windward and at the windward mark in about 30 minutes for a 1.3 mile leg. The wind had not shifted and the course was square...

Doug,

I heard from a source that the race was shit canned because we were the only circle to get a start which means a phrf boat would have been boat of the day. Premiere can't have that, it was total political bullshit.

We were doing great in our little 4ksb. It really hurts because we had to drop out of race 3 and need to get 7 races in to get the throw out.

Yeah that is the problem. I know the Melges guys are not happy....no one spent all the money to come down and not race when it is windy and not race when it is light...this was a good race with no major issues.....slow but FAIR. We did not bitch and moan when the conditions were not optimal for us yesterday....

Maybe tomorrow will be 12-14 knots. no waves, with perfect skies, and low humidity so some sailing can happen.....

Today was a 3 race day on the Ches bay.....this is rediculous...

We were thinking about becoming a sponsor of the event but if they are going to only race in optimum conditions we may want to rethink it....

Well the funny thing about the Garden is they have these DJ's that double as Bouncers enforcing thier "No Cameras or Cell Phone use" Policy

One Guy has a group photo I'm sure he'll put up soon~

I don't have it. Wasn't my camera.

I just passed word along to Premiere to justify what the hell they were thinking postponing after 90 minutes of waiting with breeze on the water not far away. BTW, it's blowing 6-8 right now...

Keep checking back here, guys - we've got that great video of Brad Van Liew going up shortly, and a couple more including Jesse Rowse showing us the finer points of his Mini, and Jesse and Ryan Finn talking about their campaigns and the future of the Mini class in the US.

Sorry for the wind's crapping out. Can anyone remember a KW with two days abandoned??

Never.

I believe there have only ever been 2 or 3 days abandoned since 1988. 2 in one week is, hopefully, a once in a millenium event.

Never.

I believe there have only ever been 2 or 3 days abandoned since 1988. 2 in one week is, hopefully, a once in a millenium event.

On Monday in '97, we waited until about 2:30 to get in one race. That was on Day 1; not after having already lost a day.

Echo the previous comments, too far, too expensive not to do everything to get racing in.

Tomorrow is not looking all that windy either.

Friday looks more like Key West conditions.

Too bad actually, all those boats and money and talent in one place.

The best Clean can do is get us pictures of the Tastes like Chicken girl.

"My card broke" I'm sure it did.

Let's get an interview with Ernesto Clean.

Oh, Jobson allready did.

But no one here would have seen that.

I just passed word along to Premiere to justify what the hell they were thinking postponing after 90 minutes of waiting with breeze on the water not far away. BTW, it's blowing 6-8 right now...

Clean that would be a great interview after 8-10 rum and cokes. Put a camera in there face and lat us see them squirm. The boats on the started race were doing friggin 5 knots to windward having a great race playing 5-10 degrees of oscillation but base stayed true....and they abandoned.

I would have been happier if they never started.....but there was no reason not to start. With everyone quiting so early.....I would bet my hat that this was a shoreside call before the RCs even got out there....

Oh, Jobson allready did.

I'd honesty rather hang out with half-naked girls than interview Ernesto, but I'll bring my camcorder and if I see him at the tent, I'll ask him to talk to me. When did I say my card broke?

Oh, Jobson allready did.

Little cheese with that whine?

Oh, Jobson allready did.

What a whoppin' innerview: nice sailing - blah - tough comp - blah - could have done better blah - lookin' forward - blah. Not one question like: does anybody talk to you anymore who you don't pay to do so? Who cares for Ernesto and his A-cup, B-cup or C-cup anyway?

Gives us more of the gonzo stuff, the grind, the girls, the gore.

Great job, gals and guys.

I'm going to hear EB address the press at 5:30. Any questions you want to ask post in the "Hearing in NY thread"

You guys are providing some real good examples of why working your ass off on RC sucks balls.

No.....Wayne is a great pro....he always does a good job and he was the only one to get a start off today....my question is why was it stopped? The race course was set perfectly by wayne and everyoen was moving and the course stayed true.

Again why was it stopped....I know the Pro has a lot of light air experience and has run many many races in exactly those conditions.

Who really stopped the race and why?

This regatta is too freaking expensive in not only money but time and effort to get to....to sit on shore.

BTW....I volunteer to run race commitee....so I know what the decision making process is..

B)-->

QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.....Wayne is a great pro....he always does a good job and he was the only one to get a start off today....my question is why was it stopped? The race course was set perfectly by wayne and everyoen was moving and the course stayed true.

Again why was it stopped....I know the Pro has a lot of light air experience and has run many many races in exactly those conditions.

This regatta is too freaking expensive in not only money but time and effort to get to....to sit on shore.

BTW....I volunteer to run race commitee....so I know what the decision making process is..

Quit your fucking complaining and learn to sail in breeze. I'm tired of listening to you cry about not racing. STFU!

I finally got some more videos posted for you guys. All four of the ones I took at the Kattack seminar, as well as the Van Liew interview. The kattack stuff is choppy and is only portions of it, but it's decent if you're bored.

Here's the first one:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No.....Wayne is a great pro....he always does a good job and he was the only one to get a start off today....my question is why was it stopped? The race course was set perfectly by wayne and everyoen was moving and the course stayed true.

Quit your fucking complaining and learn to sail in breeze. I'm tired of listening to you cry about not racing. STFU!

Is it "Just Me" or are you a total Dick?? Think of the money these guys have spent to go all the way to Key West for a 3 day (maybe) regatta----why are you so negative?--I doubt that you have ever been to a regatta like KWRW

H. Bitches, see you lurking, you guys must of gotten in early? Got any summary of your races yesterday?

Yeah with finishes like they had NY is looking pretty good

Yeah with finishes like they had NY is looking pretty good

Yeah--but they did beat Norm and Cameron!

If you guys go to my Blocksail account at Google Video, you'll be able to see all the vids I just posted. I've got to jump in the pool and run down to the tent. If anyone has the time, maybe you can link the vids here. Thanks all, talk to you soon, and please make an effort to come see us at Charleston Race Week - we'll make sure you have a great time.

I'm going to hear EB address the press at 5:30. Any questions you want to ask post in the "Hearing in NY thread"

Clean ~ I'm at Schooner's I'll send you those pics of Porsche. What is our load for tommorow? I'd like to squeeze the Skipper of Can Can Deux and his girlfriend on if possilble. These are the cats I race with in chi town ;)

If you guys go to my Blocksail account at Google Video, you'll be able to see all the vids I just posted. I've got to jump in the pool and run down to the tent. If anyone has the time, maybe you can link the vids here. Thanks all, talk to you soon, and please make an effort to come see us at Charleston Race Week - we'll make sure you have a great time.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Blocksail&p=r

CRW_BEWB_WEB.JPG

Here's a teaser pic from todays escapades on the water ~

Melges 32 party is on tonight after the tent at the Gall- We'll see if we can't get some vids for you.

I don't have it. Wasn't my camera.

I'm sure it'll make it's way up here soon enough ~

Great Party last night ~ I needed to be carried home in shopping cart.

Do they charge extra for that sort of thing?

B)-->

QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would have noticed the issue as soon as you rounded the weather mark and came back down a bit. We were ten minutes behind you guys, and the breeze was going all over the place. The swings were huge. We were tacking up the middle of the course, and it was almost comical figuring out what was going on. We would be killing the boats to the left of us one minute, while getting killed by the boats to the right. Then it would completely reverse and the boats we were killing would have a huge lead on us, and the previous leaders were at the back of the pack. And then of course, the breeze shut off after that.

Sounds like I picked a good year to skip.

I'll second that

what bullshit I would be pissed if I spent the time and effort for it to turn into a 3 day regatta.

Dude, the Corsairs would be pretty humiliated in this breeze. Don't they need 15 knots to catch a mono?

;)

Ha Ha Ha. the Corsairs were coming into the gate when they called the race, the monos didn't male it up top yet.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug B @ Jan 23 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The abandonment was total BULLSHIT.... The Corsairs were around the windward mark! The Esses were leading and doign friggin 5 knots to windward and at the windward mark in about 30 minutes for a 1.3 mile leg. The wind had not shifted and the course was square...

You would have noticed the issue as soon as you rounded the weather mark and came back down a bit. We were ten minutes behind you guys, and the breeze was going all over the place. The swings were huge. We were tacking up the middle of the course, and it was almost comical figuring out what was going on. We would be killing the boats to the left of us one minute, while getting killed by the boats to the right. Then it would completely reverse and the boats we were killing would have a huge lead on us, and the previous leaders were at the back of the pack. And then of course, the breeze shut off after that.

sounds like a light air sailboat race to me.

I'll second that

what bullshit I would be pissed if I spent the time and effort for it to turn into a 3 day regatta.

Third that, I would be really pissed off If I missed 4 days of class to sail for 3 days.

If I miss one day of my economics or history class it's nearly impossible to learn half the material lecture that day.

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that is on Bat4 J/105, It looks like that cheating lying prick form Kincsem is at it again. From what I was told Bat 4 waived them across on a port/Stb with Kincsem on port. Kincsem then plants a tack in front of them and fouls them. Bat 4 pulls the flag and Kinscem pulls an I flag. At he end of the race Bat 4 calls in the protest and Kincsem does nothing. They show up at the tent last night and there is no scoring penalty for Kincsem. No call in on the water about the I flag and no form filed accepting the penalty.

But they send someone over to Bat 4 to talk themselves out of it. Correct me if I am wrong but once you pull the I flag you have to follow procedure and take the penalty or be DSQ for not following procedure.

Apparently after no race today The Bat4 team filed a protest or redress for the infractin and after an hour the international committee assesed the penalty intstead of the DSQ. I guess Kincsem who usally gets off at his own club wasn't so lucky.

Maybe if he's lucky he can take away the new award form the Rumor guy. PITMAN 260 what award is that?????

Anyone have more info on this matter??

I just did the most hilarious press conference ever with Ernesto Bertarelli. He hates me. More to come.

Remember you already have enough friends!

Being hated is a good thing

I'm uploading the first part of the press conference with Alinghi, and I can't believe it, but the second, 20 minute part of it seems to be somehow corrupted. Ernesto dodged the questions I asked completely, and got pissed off at me a couple of times, but I was cracking up.

Here are the three important questions I asked, and his answers, paraphrased. You'll be able to listen to it yourself in a few minutes.

Clean: Ernesto, who wrote the ISAF interpretation that you submitted to Justice Cahn?

Ernesto: You can see the definition of a Keelboat on this piece of paper and on the US Sailing website.

Clean: Why did you not raise the "Keel Yacht" issue during the summary judgement?

Ernesto: "one thing at a time"

Clean: Most legal disputes go to mediation. GGYC requested this numerous times. Why did you not sit in a room with a mediator and at least try to settle your suit that way.

Ernesto: Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla nothing even remotely answering the question bla bla bla

Clean: So why didn't you go to mediation

Ernesto: You obviously don't listen to my answer. I won't answer you again.

I'm so bummed about that other part of the tape. He looked at the On The Water Anarchy symbol on my shirt and sneered, and told me how little he likes lawyers.

I'm going to see what I can do about recovering - I was in rare form.

Here it is. Ernesto Bertarelli speaks, sponsored by Charleston Race Week. It's still processing so give it a sec, and feel free to post it over on the other forum.

Given the gratuitous body shots today, I think I should mention that, while we know how to party if that's your thing, CRW is an extremely family-friendly event. ;)

DSC01603.JPG

Here's a Pic of the SA War Room on our Press Boat ~

Our 21 year old driver, Josh Eidle from Minnetonka, is getting us in kick ass position for the starts, roundings and finishes.

Hopefully we have some wind tomorrow to get you guys the straight dope.

Here it is. Ernesto Bertarelli speaks, sponsored by Charleston Race Week. It's still processing so give it a sec, and feel free to post it over on the other forum.

Given the gratuitous body shots today, I think I should mention that, while we know how to party if that's your thing, CRW is an extremely family-friendly event. ;)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Who's watch alarm was going off?

That man is a douche, an I use to work with someone who speaks just like him, I hated that douche too.

Good stuff, I am impressed you got that close to him, like really, et alone the fact you got to speak to him. Did Sailing anarchy purchase Press Credentials?

Get rid of Ellison, he's a big scary man.

Holy crap, I can't believe an adult would even utter such bullshit. Hell, imagine if LE looked like Otis Sistrunk. EB would be pissing himself.

Third that, I would be really pissed off If I missed 4 days of class to sail for 3 days.

If I miss one day of my economics or history class it's nearly impossible to learn half the material lecture that day.

I'd much rather be in class than Key West??? Are you for fucking real, or a self confessed slow learner?

Does anyone know why the two Andrews 30s rate so differently?

Flak appears to be more modified than Incognito. Flak has a three spreader rig, and a pretty deep "talon type" fin and bulb.

Todays coverage is brought to you by our friends hosting Charleston Race Week.

Who has been to Charleston? Chime in with your favorite story of this kick ass town

Before going to Wall St IT I was at NJ's Sea-Land Service, the birthplace of container shipping. We did a loong project in Charleston and I guess the most succinct way to describe it was that the project had a cute chinese girl from Brooklyn working with fiberoptic techs from Atlanta and a serious two-way communications challenge. OK, not exactly an SA-quality story....

Keep up the great work. Too bad I cant reach the forums from work. Blocked by web filters. Guess they know what's good for the firm...

Clean and Vegas ass to ass on the SA press boat today...sometimes it gets ugly

file0048210.jpg

Mar hard at work...sometimes it get pretty

file0052260.jpg

and sometime ya just smile...

file0041520.jpg

sorry for the blurry pics...new camera...I'll do better tomorrow just closed down the tent...time for the M32 party...more later

zar

Someone on board just gave me some vitamins. Maybe they'll wake me up. The hottest stripper at Teasers is named Porsche.

Just a few facts.

I kept her throwing her Jackson's last friday night! She is tasty!I love that place!!!

haha judging by ZAR's typing he is still drunk...lucky bastard im sober in the office

No no. He always types like that. It is undeciferable when he's drunk.

sorry for the blurry pics...new camera...I'll do better tomorrow just closed down the tent...time for the M32 party...more later

zar

Riiiggghtt!. New camera my arse. You were DRUNK. Be a man and admit it.