Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScowVegas

Key West Wednesday- The Comments

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that is on Bat4 J/105, It looks like that cheating lying prick form Kincsem is at it again. From what I was told Bat 4 waived them across on a port/Stb with Kincsem on port. Kincsem then plants a tack in front of them and fouls them. Bat 4 pulls the flag and Kinscem pulls an I flag. At he end of the race Bat 4 calls in the protest and Kincsem does nothing. They show up at the tent last night and there is no scoring penalty for Kincsem. No call in on the water about the I flag and no form filed accepting the penalty.

But they send someone over to Bat 4 to talk themselves out of it. Correct me if I am wrong but once you pull the I flag you have to follow procedure and take the penalty or be DSQ for not following procedure.

Apparently after no race today The Bat4 team filed a protest or redress for the infractin and after an hour the international committee assesed the penalty intstead of the DSQ. I guess Kincsem who usally gets off at his own club wasn't so lucky.

Maybe if he's lucky he can take away the new award form the Rumor guy. PITMAN 260 what award is that?????

Anyone have more info on this matter??

Gee--are you referring to the "Wasp of the Week" award??? Joerg may be asswipe of the week---or maybe even asswipe of the year---too bad he isn't at his home club--he would have had Bat IV tossed for getting in his way!

QUOTE(MR.CLEAN @ Jan 24 2008, 12:01 AM)

I will regret fucking that file up more than anything else this week. I can't even believe it. I fucking nailed him to the wall, he bumbled and stumbled trying to duck my questions, and I caught Bob Fisher smirking through the whole thing. And now it's gone. Unfucking believable.

Sorry, guys - I let myself down as much as y'all. I'm going to write it up as I remember it and get it up in the morning on the front page.

CRAP!

Wasn't there a guy standing in front of EB and to your right also taping the interview? See if you can get a copy from him.

You have as much chance of seeing that tape as you do the STC/Beneteau proof. Its the 'one that got away' Never happened.

Apperently this Italian guy has it all: http://www.sailrev.tv/

In the mean time has Mr. Clean gotten big probs by Wheatley himself on the rule69blog...

Does anyone know if there will be a multihull class at Charleston Race Week?

Not usually, but if there's interest I'm sure we'd love to have you. Let me talk to BVL and find out.

You have as much chance of seeing that tape as you do the STC/Beneteau proof. Its the 'one that got away' Never happened.

You must practice at being wrong. You're so consistent at doing it well.

Because it is the right thing to do. The man grants you an interview, has to put up with a hung-over sweaty bald man reeking of vodka, sticking a video camera AND a microphone in his face,

then answers your questions, maybe not to you liking but non the less, then you start insulting him? What make you think he's even going to respond anymore? I'm suprised Premier Racing hasn't yanked

the media credentials. The point is, whether or not you like the mans game plan, and Christ knows I don't give a flying fuck about the Cup, He's a big player and if your gonna expect to get any real

answers besides the one you fabricate in your own head, you need to play the game.

I will never play the game. It's people who play the game who fuck it up for everyone else. I will stay honest, ask hard questions, and get the answers. If he doesn't want to answer, that's his prerogative. A non-answer or a total dodge is just as good as honesty - it tells us a lot about the man.

Three different America's Cup sailors congratulated me last night on the interview, and thanked me for doing what others dare not. Your opinion counts for exactly zero.