• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Deep Freeze

"Perhaps Team Frosty was not quite as ready for the Winter Series as they thought."..This week's caption contest is brought to you by CST Composites. Have fun!

02/07/07

ice_slip.jpg

OK, I forgot. . .I am supposed to let it soak for how long to make it watertight?

how long is it for one of these fucking wooden boats to 'take up'?

Who the hell are these blowhards, who think that a little booze and dope don't mix well with sailing?

Go the Snow Cone!

Good one!

"Local high school students put sailboat mast on block of ice, plan to sail it to Africa to be used as fresh drinking water."

Imagine the shock when the Tillerman family returned to discover DT forgot to add that second hose clamp to the galley drain through hull! At least the heater was not in yet.

Barring one bad seed, this years crop of Winter Sailboats nearly had a full yeild.....

T22

"No sea too rough

no muff too tough

we dive at dawn"

"chaps, perhaps we can pretend that this is U571 and film a dramatic interpretation of the capture of Hitler's Enigma decoding machine during WWll.

The British and film going public will not notice that Americans are cast as the British that actually captured it, or notice that U571 was not the actual U-boat concerned in the incident. Pip Pip"

"Let me see, how does it go with the seacock. Turn left to open and turn right to close,or was it right to open left to close." ........ Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never get it right.

I told you not to take my parking spot.

This wreck wasn't marked on the charts.

In the interests of saftey, please keep all limbs and appendages within the confines of the submerged, sail powered icebreaker and all times.

Save Big! Revolutionary new winter storage technique!

- No yard bills or haul-out expenses!

- No need for winter cover or shrinkwrap!

- No electricity bill for bubbler system!

CALL NOW for details!

(Limited time offer. Not available in warm climates.)