Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Deep Freeze

"Perhaps Team Frosty was not quite as ready for the Winter Series as they thought."..This week's caption contest is brought to you by CST Composites. Have fun!

02/07/07

ice_slip.jpg

Up periscope, aye.

Team Frosty did every thing they could to winterize their boat. They even filled the boat with water knowing that ice floats.

OK, I forgot. . .I am supposed to let it soak for how long to make it watertight?

I don't know about you, but...i'm gettin' a little nippley. And i think we might be taking on some water. 'ear take another hit...

how long is it for one of these fucking wooden boats to 'take up'?

No, really! Trust me! This way there won't be any ice damage to the hull! Hold my beer, I'll show you.

Who the hell are these blowhards, who think that a little booze and dope don't mix well with sailing?

Go the Snow Cone!

Good one!

Cryogenic In-Water Storage, said to minimize hull flexing over the winter, is now available at your local marina.

"Local high school students put sailboat mast on block of ice, plan to sail it to Africa to be used as fresh drinking water."

When the skipper told me he was putting the campaign on ice I never thought he'd take it this far.

Winterizing boat check list

#27 Put plug somewhere safe where you will remember to place it back in before spring commissioning.

CHECK!

Imagine the shock when the Tillerman family returned to discover DT forgot to add that second hose clamp to the galley drain through hull! At least the heater was not in yet.

Bob discovered the hard way that it really sucks to be in the experimental group in the new thru-hull silicone double blind test.

Barring one bad seed, this years crop of Winter Sailboats nearly had a full yeild.....

T22

SF Bay Chronicle - After being advised repeatedly against launching his homemade trimaran, David Vann sits inside his aluminum cabin

in the Napa River.

"I finally have worked out how to get rid of the drag"

or

"I was only trying to defost the fridge with a knife when all of a sudden the knife went through the hull"

I said, we need to put ice in our drinks on the boat, not put the boat in the drink with ICE!

"It's a strange metal wand with ice around it. I'm guessing that's significant!"

"No sea too rough

no muff too tough

we dive at dawn"

"chaps, perhaps we can pretend that this is U571 and film a dramatic interpretation of the capture of Hitler's Enigma decoding machine during WWll.

The British and film going public will not notice that Americans are cast as the British that actually captured it, or notice that U571 was not the actual U-boat concerned in the incident. Pip Pip"

In an effort to minimize surface effects, the budding naval architect may have taken the small water-plane area concept a bit too far…

"Let me see, how does it go with the seacock. Turn left to open and turn right to close,or was it right to open left to close." ........ Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never get it right.

I told you not to take my parking spot.

This wreck wasn't marked on the charts.

In the interests of saftey, please keep all limbs and appendages within the confines of the submerged, sail powered icebreaker and all times.

Baby you've got to believe me! I swear I wasn't planning this when I said I wanted to put the old boat on ice and upgrade to a new FT10!

Look on the bright side skipper, at least the mast stayed dry!

Save Big! Revolutionary new winter storage technique!

- No yard bills or haul-out expenses!

- No need for winter cover or shrinkwrap!

- No electricity bill for bubbler system!

CALL NOW for details!

(Limited time offer. Not available in warm climates.)

Hey Shife, wake up! BYC just restocked the ice for the Burns-O-Matic 76! Now where did we put the liquor?

"Nothing to see here...move along.......Nothing to see here...move along everybody......."

-M

We got a great deal on her, all we need is a hull.

Indroducing the all new Red October 25 with it's state of the art low low friction decks (nothing sticking to this baby). Sean Connery available at extra cost.