Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

On-The-Water Anarchy "Lite" From St. Pete

I wasn't sure if we'd be able to do any OTW stuff from the St. Petersburg NOOD, but it looks like we should be able to get some stuff to y'all. I'll see if Dawg will move this thread over to OTW Anarchy when he wakes up, but I don't have that ability, so I'm starting it here. Don't expect too much, though - it's just Mer and me, and we're on a Whaler 17 with no real shelter to speak of, so this ain't gonna be like KW. Also, I somehow spilled some Belle's Oberon (yummy beer - thanks Chris) on my keyboard and I have no use of the letter "e" without the big extra keyboard I'm using now, so my sentences out there may look a little funny.

We want to thank the Flying Tiger guys for bringing us down here. They asked us to come for two purposes: to get some good racing shots of the first-ever East Coast FT-10 one-design racing, and to write daily reports for the FT-10 website. We'll be busy with that, but there's plenty of time for us to check out some of the action on the other courses.

Here's a little

with the FT-10 from Connecticut moving in just a whisper of breeze during practice today.

It seems that St. Pete is something of a refuge for those racers that have been priced out of Key West, as well as the boats that are too small to compete under Premiere-Racing's rules, and it's a nice venue - the city spills right down to the inner harbor, the sailing center is right in the middle of it all, and the Yacht Club is a big, modern establishment with an egalitarian attitude - in short, this is everything that Key West isn't. Unfortunately, it lacks the one thing that keeps people coming back to KW: Big, consistent breeze. Today's practice was no exception, to the usual NOOD rule, with a few dozen boats floating around, barely moving in 0-3 knots from the WNW.

Tomorrow is looking a little better, with 5-7 knots forecast in the morning from the NE, going left and getting a bit fickle before settling in from the NW. While many of the NOODs have been losing participation, this one seems to be doing decently, at least for the smaller boats - partly because it is a convenient location and time for an escape from winter, and partly because it's a nice alternative to KW as mentioned above.

Lots and lots of Anarchists here - the whole Detroit crew, the Viper guys, a bunch of nutters on a Hobie 33, the beverator and pals on Jack-a-Roe, and so on. The Tartan 10 and J/109 lost their starts, so there are some unhappy folks down here, but mostly, people just want to go and play on the water. There is plenty of talent here. Brad Boston, Eric Vigrass, and Lee Shuckerow are here on the U-20 Honour in a 10-boat fleet. Spike is sailing his S2 7.9 with Tom Vigrass, and there are three very serious rockstar crews in the Melges 24 fleet, though with all the Euros gone home, there's nowhere near the depth here that you see in Key Weird.

We can't avoid the M-24s - we love them too much - and it'll be fun to see Quantum Racing (T.Hutch, Brian Janney, Scott Nixon, Scott Holmgren), Full Throttle (Brian Porter, Andy Burdick, Harry Melges, John Porter), and WTF (Alan Field, Erik Shampain, Jon Ziskind, Steve Hunt) beat up on eachother.

The FT-10s should be fun too - QMN's fixed his rig, and GP is the most experienced Tiger sailor in the bunch. The Class met tonight and formed Fleet #2 - the "East of the Mississippi" fleet. Anyway, it should be fun. Hope you join us.

We'll see you out there tomorrow.

St pete sucks. StPYC is as bad and as stuffy as any "big name" YC in the US. All you need to know is:

No breeze, exceot from 8-8:30 am

St Pete is an ugly ghost town

Friggin drink tickets?

More fackin Czervik's running around than you can imagine

Holy hell.

Do yourself a favor and take the half hour drive out to clearwater and see what could have been.....nice open water, a steady 10-15 kt seabreeze, and real beaches with real chicks....amazing what a zip code makes.

Only reason St pete is still around is they pay out the arse to keep the regattas coming. I'd rather sail out of a field in Clearwater and meet up at the beach bar....

I don't have much love for Florida in general, but this seems to be a good bunch so far. Great facilities, anyway. We certainly won't hold back our opinions if it sucks as much as you claim. We're here to see the Tigers, and they look pretty sweet all tied up together.

Jesus Clean, we're going to have to disown you. It is Bells aka Kalamazoo Brewing, not a southern debutante Belle. You do realize that Oberon is a seasonal summer beer and hasn't been brewed for several months?

Jesus Clean, we're going to have to disown you. It is Bells aka Kalamazoo Brewing, not a southern debutante Belle. You do realize that Oberon is a seasonal summer beer and hasn't been brewed for several months?

Yes, however I still have some stockpiled here in Tampa. Still tastes fine. And its still summer here!

St pete sucks. StPYC is as bad and as stuffy as any "big name" YC in the US. All you need to know is:

No breeze, exceot from 8-8:30 am

St Pete is an ugly ghost town

Friggin drink tickets?

More fackin Czervik's running around than you can imagine

Holy hell.

Do yourself a favor and take the half hour drive out to clearwater and see what could have been.....nice open water, a steady 10-15 kt seabreeze, and real beaches with real chicks....amazing what a zip code makes.

Only reason St pete is still around is they pay out the arse to keep the regattas coming. I'd rather sail out of a field in Clearwater and meet up at the beach bar....

You are a tool

Clean and Mer,

Please Please Please can we have some U20 love. It's the 4th largest fleet down there and a short video would be great. Can I bribe you with beer.

J

Clean and Mer

Have a great time down there ~ I'll be down in Tampa next week. BTW the mysterious Gill jacket that showed after KW is mine. I'll grab it in Charleston for the E-scow regatta.

You guys rule...look forward to kicking it again

Thanks for tuning in, folks. Unfortunately, this is about as boring as sailboat racing can possibly get.

FT10s started in about 4 knots, and we're watching them come into the bottom mark with the Sonars having not even got off the line yet. Wind is down to 2, if that, lumpy, and a joke. No worries, though - we'll try to make it fun if possible.

Junta - we'll get some U20 stuff. Honour is full of good friends, and we'll be sure to get some video if there's any damn racing. Doesn't look good right now, although all courses are racing.

Thanks for tuning in, folks. Unfortunately, this is about as boring as sailboat racing can possibly get.

FT10s started in about 4 knots, and we're watching them come into the bottom mark with the Sonars having not even got off the line yet. Wind is down to 2, if that, lumpy, and a joke. No worries, though - we'll try to make it fun if possible.

From what I heard during the call that I got last night, things were challenging at the bar. Hang in there.

Red Stripe, from Connecticut, is in first by a long way. Nice job Pequot YC boys. This is like watching paint dry - but I suppose its better than Connecticut.

Tin man in second about 2 minutes behind Red Stripe. Viper in third, go the MICHIGAN Tiger.

Sol, we ended up having to take poor angela home way up yonder in the minor key - didn't get home til midnight, then spent three hours editing picks and writing press releases.

I heard a rumor that the Melges 32 guys made sure that they were nowhere near the Tigers on the bay. I don't think they were looking forward to any kind of comparison, price discrepancy being what it is. Tigers are moving pretty well in this, I feel very, very bad for the S2 and Sonar guys.

I don't even think George is in the same zip code. BTW Sol, Jeppson crossed the start line eons late, not sure what he was busy with at the real start.

Going offline for a few to hook up the inverter and run to the top mark.

I don't even think George is in the same zip code. BTW Sol, Jeppson crossed the start line eons late, not sure what he was busy with at the real start.

Going offline for a few to hook up the inverter and run to the top mark.

How far back is AKAGP???

This is like watching paint dry

Kinda tough to feel sorry for you as I sit hear at work under fluorescent lighting. And 48 Melges??? Europeans or not, that's still an awesome fleet. BTW, thanks for making this Friday a little more enjoyable.

Please keep us up to date on Spike, Brad, and the Vigrass boys;

I wish I was there with them;

U20's, and S2 7.9's rock!!

Best wishes, from Port Huron and

Team DNF; aka, Aeolus S2 7.9 #11

Junta - we'll get some U20 stuff. Honour is full of good friends, and we'll be sure to get some video if there's any damn racing. Doesn't look good right now, although all courses are racing.

Thanks Clean, I look forward to see what you guys get. Hoping some kind of wind fills in to make it interesting.

Will you be covering the San Diego NOODs?

J

Red Stripe, from Connecticut, is in first by a long way. Nice job Pequot YC boys. This is like watching paint dry - but I suppose its better than Connecticut.

Tin man in second about 2 minutes behind Red Stripe. Viper in third, go the MICHIGAN Tiger.

Hell yeah...that's what I like to hear. Keep it up!!! Clean if you wanna give a shout to them, tell the driver that Tim says hey and nice job on the first race.

TC

back n th brkn kybard, srry guys.

Th first rac was crap, crap, crap. big lfty cam thrugh 50 dgrs, n mark rst, nthing - curs shrtnd t 3 lgs, with n rst fr th final bat, which bcam a crackd ff rach. nw w ar just flating arund, wishing w had mr alchl, mrs is sunbathing, can't say I'm unhappy, but what a bummr t nt b abl t d this rprt!

I'm ging t try and pst a fw pics. Giv m 10 minuts.

think i'll git criativ with my spilling frum hiir awn uut. this is lik sum bizarr wurd puzzl naw.

must hav alchahal.

How far back is AKAGP???

DITTO, What happened to George?

Rick

Hope you get this thing going. Lite beer still tastes good when your thirsty and I'm thirsty for some OTW reporting. My intake was magnified during KWRW and i've plenty of room for the lite version.

Clean and Mer

Have a great time down there ~ I'll be down in Tampa next week. BTW the mysterious Gill jacket that showed after KW is mine. I'll grab it in Charleston for the E-scow regatta.

You guys rule...look forward to kicking it again

Vegas:

I've scrambled the SA G5. Be at midway at 02:18 hrs....best to cut into the fence at the usual place, and enter there, as we don't exactly have clearance to land...its going to be another touch and go extraction I'm afraid...hope you are spry

the plane will be stocked with the usual, whole blood, clean urine, 6 pounds of Krugerrands, fake ID's, 10 gallons of Rite-Aid vodka, Oreos... bring a good ABBA mix tape, OH and that seafoodsalad too...and for christ sake make sure that your Glock has ALL of its parts this time!

ETA St.Pete 08:21....I'm getting the band back together man

post-1236-1203099949_thumb.jpg

WE"RE ON A MISSION FROM GOD!!!!

I'm down for a Touch and Go Brother!

Don't listen to the tower just land, hit the air brakes, open the door and throw out a line with a carbiner.

i'll grab the line and clip on to my safety harness and then you tell the pilot to throttle up and we're off before TSA knows what hit'em!!!

I like your style m'brother...I'm going to need an Oxy-codone of sorts after the road rash, but it'l heal...I hope..Most the ouchies from KW have healed up nicely...I just may be immortal (like you!)

Clean,

We spent 2 days drifting around St. Pete this summer. The sailing sucked, but the food and booze was good at Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant. Just a hint if conditions continue.

Good job ND, best way to keep that going all weekend is to drink your ass off tonight... then when you think you can't have any more slam a beer.

Depends how it has been stored, but there is a finite shelf life. No question a very tasty brew when fresh.

Agreed, but that hasn't stopped me from chugging it down in the winter months.

Sorry for the terrible coverage, folks - but there just wasn't that much to see. I think we've all come a long way towards offering very fun race coverage through OTW Anarchy - but when the wind ain't there, sailing just sucks. There was a second race on courses A and C, and we've got some good stuff for you, but - like I said - it ain't that good.

Huge shoutout to Napoleon D - who is off on a romantic night with his number 1 - taking a bullet from Porter, Hutchinson, etc. is really unbelievable.

His crew were hilarious - "It was like a minefield of marks and boats, we just went between everything we could and hoped for the best." A two-leg winner take all day for the Melges course, and one of my best friends in the world takes it.

Our peeps are charmed - not only did ND win the Melgi, but Brad Boston, Eric Vigrass and Lee Shuckerow took two bullets in the U-20s, while Justin is out front in the Vipers. Our clan rules Florida, bitches!

Can someone throw up a quick link to the results? As typical, SWs homepage seemed to have buried it beyond my patience to find it.

It's now 6:30 Eastern and there are no results posted. How lame is that. Even though things might not have been exciting, there are a few of us who have interest in how things shook out.

Come on Sailing World, SPYC, get your asses in gear and post some results, or is the rum too tempting?

Cheers,

MikeR

I heard a rumor the M32 owners are a hell of allot smarter then the FT guys who chose this regatta.

So the Melges 32 guys that showed up here are the stupid ones? Just checking el maestro bullship - he who knows all.

you would suck off whoever came up with 5 dollars in the parking lot after the regatta.

Not necessarily, but I may go dive on the carbon instrument wand that one of the FT-10s dropped off their mast when they dropped it off the gin pole. Not five bucks, more like 500 or so. Thanks for caring.

The FT10 appears to be banned from SW

No pics of it at all over there

Show us some tiger shots, Clean

Don't worry -they're coming. We have hundreds.

No, for the M32 guys it's just another race. For the FT10 this is the big hurrah. They didn't do KW because this is such a better venue but they did get a Crack reporter like you to cover the event, so apparently their still following the J boat business plan of marketing over quality.

I'm not sure why you pretend to have a clue, but since you refuse to explain what your interest is (in any of your various log-ins), let me fill you in:

Flying Tiger didn't pay is to do reporting. We're doing that because many of our friends are back home with nothing to do but look at snow and ice. We're here to take pictures and write press releases.

For the FT-10, this is the first-ever one design start on the east coast. They've somehow managed to do it without pouring tons of money into getting the teams here or offering special deals to teams that would commit. Do you want to talk about how Zenda got the first KW start together with 8 boats? C'mon - if you know as much as you pretend to, you know the details.

Melges does a GREAT job supporting the owners of their boats - especially the shiny, new, high-margin racers. FT does very little of that, and yet here they are. And amazingly enough, there have been two FT's sold for every Melges 32 in the comparable time frame. They're different boats for different folks, but not that different...

Rally? How could thy not pay for quality lik this?

If you want to talk about incntives how about the bait and switch pricing with the FT. What was the initial advrtisd price? Dosn't the Ed have at last 75K into his at this point?

Bullship. How come every thread you respond to is an attack on someone. Why not bring some usefull information to the table otherwise go back to lurking behind the scenes.

jibeset

Don't underestimate the other guy's greed!

Don't get high on your own supply.

Fuck em if they can't take a joke

Bullship simple question do go balls in or balls out?.... :lol:

You are a tool

Dude, you are so right. I must apologize. This regatta sounds like lots of fun. Should get even better this weekend when all the powerboats come out and make a nice 2' standing chop.....

Tell ya what. Next year I'll charter a boat and you can run the program. Then I can say I was with "The Winner".

think i'll git criativ with my spilling frum hiir awn uut. this is lik sum bizarr wurd puzzl naw.

must hav alchahal.

Marge "You know the e is broke on that keyboard, right?"

homer "Its ok, we reporters have a way to get around that. 'Th bst ating in Springfild is ons bttr....'"

Hmmm.. two leg bullshit drifter with a fucked up finish. Right on.

This shit is the Wal-Mart of racing.

Hmm, maybe its a good thing we arent technically racing... (especially because i would be disqualified, according to the jackass that gave me a ticket for parking in the wrong spot...)

Marge "You know the e is broke on that keyboard, right?"

homer "Its ok, we reporters have a way to get around that. 'Th bst ating in Springfild is ons bttr....'"

Hmm, maybe its a good thing we arent technically racing... (especially because i would be disqualified, according to the jackass that gave me a ticket for parking in the wrong spot...)

How'd the match-race thing go, Mustang? You're welcome to screw around on our POS if you want. I parked over there too...

Stuart Streuli from SW came up to me tonight and asked, "Can you please use the full name of the regatta once each day for us?"

"Of course I can," I told him. He's a nice enough guy.

So, this one's for you, Stu: It doesn't quite surprise me that Sailing World is more concerned about mentions of their sponsors' names than they are about dimishing entries at the Sperry Top-Siders NOOD Regattas.

Here's a little video of Great Lakes legend, Doyle sailmaker, former Olympian, and douchebag Brad Boston, talking about his two bullets in the U-20 fleet today and much more. Brad is a straight shooter and an awesome guy.

So what happened to the 7.9's they are missing from Friday's posted results. Accidental omission, or U20 conspiracy.

(I did notice that the U20's were listed twice.)

We want answers.

Not necessarily, but I may go dive on the carbon instrument wand that one of the FT-10s dropped off their mast when they dropped it off the gin pole. Not five bucks, more like 500 or so. Thanks for caring.

Yo Clean, what is the weather looking like this morning? Any breeze?

Clean! Can you please find my girl Sue and give her a big sloppy kiss for me. I missed the regatta becasue of work, so I am counting on you to make things right :). They may be few other folks from the old Bird down there. Say hi from me.

Na zdorov'ye!

"Stuart Streuli from SW came up to me tonight and asked, "Can you please use the full name of the regatta once each day for us?"

"Of course I can," I told him. He's a nice enough guy.

So, this one's for you, Stu: It doesn't quite surprise me that Sailing World is more concerned about mentions of their sponsors' names than they are about dimishing entries at the Sperry Top-Siders NOOD Regattas."

So Alan has called me out. I won’t respond to his question here. But you can read my thoughts on the SailingWorld.com forum. The link is below.

http://forums.sailingworld.com/showthread....p=4436#post4436

Before you jump to conclusions, consider my reasons for not contributing to this board in the past, and why I spent a fair bit of time thinking about whether to make a one-time exception. You’ll notice they have nothing to do with whatever opinion I have of this website and the people who contribute here.

1. I get paid to write about sailing and to edit articles about sailing. It’s my job. Much as the average professional sailor isn’t likely to do a Wednesday night race for free, I don’t see a lot of value in writing about sailing for a hobby. I do enough of it at the office.

2. The people that pay my salary also pay for a sailor’s forum. It doesn’t have the traction of this board. But if I’m going to contribute to any board, it should be that one.

3. Finally, why is Alan Block asking the question? If he really wanted an answer, all he had to do was ask me. Or better yet, the director of the series, who’s also on site in St. Pete. I’ll talk the sport with anyone who shares my passion for sailing. I’m also happy to discuss the magazine or our regattas. I’m proud of what we do, across the board. But agendas make for frustrating conversations and I don’t have any desire to play defense against someone who is coming at me and my employer from any of a half-dozen angles, some of which he is financially vested in representing.

If any of you would like my opinion on anything, like the supposed drop in NOOD regatta entries, or would like to engage in a little idle chatter about the sport I love, drop into the Sailing World forum. Since building that is in the best interests of my employers, I’m sure they won’t mind if I take some time away from my magazine duties to chat. See you there.

Goddamn, I hope this ain't a troll. If it is, it's damned good. I'll take the time to answer anyway:

Stuart, regardless of any philosophical differences we have, many of your stories are compelling ones, and that's something I respect greatly. Our sport is not always easy to write in a way that keeps people interested, yet in my opinion, you do better than most.

Okay - enough of the ass-kissing. Whether or not you choose to make another "one-time" exception to your rules against posting on SA, I know you'll read this and get my message.

You said,

"The people that pay my salary also pay for a sailor's forum. It doesn’t have the traction of this board. But if I'm going to contribute to any board, it should be that one, and "If any of you would like my opinion on anything, like the supposed drop in NOOD regatta entries, or would like to engage in a little idle chatter about the sport I love, drop into the Sailing World forum. Since building that is in the best interests of my employers, I'm sure they won't mind if I take some time away from my magazine duties to chat. See you there."

The SW forums are like the fluff pieces that make up a portion of every Sailing World Magazine: They're extraneous, poorly executed, and basically worthless filler that does nothing to enhance the experience of those who, against all odds, find their way to the section of SW.com. Since you started them in July, 2005, your "community," whatever that is, has seen fit to contribute a total of about 650 times - and that's about any subject at all. Looking at my trusty calculator for a moment, that means that the entire readership of the SW forums has averaged 15 posts per month, or 1 post every two days. I suppose if you are trying to create the on-line version of the 3' x 3' bulletin board at the local West Marine, you may be on to a great formula - but as a place for sailors to go and talk about what interests them, I think it may be time to tell your employers that they'd better not be paying much for their forum. I think you know why no one has anything to do with SW's forums, it's not brain surgery; why would someone share their ideas and questions with a ghost town? It's called a community forum for a reason, and you do not have a community to populate it. It's just a damned shame that your loyalty to a failed experiment prevents you, Tony, Dave and the rest of the passionate people at SW from contributing here on SA, where literally hundreds of thousands of sailors can be part of the discussion. It's pathetic that you and your staff - the heirs to one of the best sailboat magazines of all time - purposefully avoid contributing to a site that nearly every english-speaking sailboat racer on the planet visits from time to time. It's not like you are actually a competitor with SA - there is nothing that you do that can remotely compete with what our community comes up with 24 hours a day. You have your niche in producing a nice, short magazine with pretty photos and the occasional good story - if you're going to try something exciting and new online, I will be the first to welcome it. If buying some forum software and shoehorning it into sailingworld.com is your best effort, stick paper and ink.

You also said,

"Why is Alan Block asking the question? If he really wanted an answer, all he had to do was ask me. Or better yet, the director of the series, who's also on site in St. Pete. I'll talk the sport with anyone who shares my passion for sailing. I'm also happy to discuss the magazine or our regattas. I'm proud of what we do, across the board. But agendas make for frustrating conversations and I don't have any desire to play defense against someone who is coming at me and my employer from any of a half-dozen angles, some of which he is financially vested in representing.

I'll tell you why I'm asking the question: That's what the fuck we do here. We ask questions. We make comments. We try to get to the bottom of whatever it is that is on the table. I'm not interested in your answer next to the lasagna-filled chafing dish at the buffet - I want to see what you'll tell the thousands of people that will likely read your words here. They're your damned customers, Stu - what do you have to hide from them that we need to speak about it in hushed tones at the Yacht Club?

What I wrote was part poking fun, and part provocative - it was meant to be. I didn't expect anyone to respond, but that's always my hope - to get people to talk about shit here, where there are enough people for it to have some effect. To me, the drop in entries at the Sperry Top-Sider St. Petersburg NOOD Regatta is something that needs an explanation, and it's much better when we can talk about it as a group, with as much transparency as possible. According to the "list of entries" on your own website on Friday morning, you had 195 entries last year, and 175 this year. Looking at today's results, it's good to see that you picked up another 9 entries before the start of racing. I probably would have said nothing about the 11-boat drop had your own site had up-to-date entry information, but I suppose that's par for the course. It doesn't change my point at all though. You can blame gas prices on participation, but unless gas prices directly correlate with your participation numbers from other years, it's disingenuous, and a convenient excuse.

You accuse me of having an agenda, and you are DAMNED right: It's just completely different from what you think it is. My agenda is increasing communication. My agenda is increasing participation. My agenda is increasing coverage. My agenda is building public awareness and sailing's desirability to sponsors. My agenda is seeing every regatta grow - especially yours. I want to see one-design racing continue to grow, and I want to see more fast boats and more hot chicks, young people, and minorities sailing them. Jesus, dude - the builder who hired me to come down here claims the St. Pete and San Diego NOOD starts as their biggest racing successes - if you think I want to sabotage that, you're high. I just want to see it better, and growing.

In the thread you started on SW, you asked for suggestions from your readers on things that may have kept them from coming to NOOD regattas. You missed the point completely. The question should not be, "Why didn't you come to the NOOD?"

The question should be, "What do you think we could do to attract more sailors, different classes, and new people to the NOODs?" and you clearly haven't been asking it.

I've done NOODs in nearly every town, in everything from the Melges 24 to the GL70. I've had some great racing, and I commend SW for carrying the one-design torch for so long. But when it comes to running a memorable event that people recommend to their friends, I'll just use a particularly eloquent quote from above: "This shit is the Wal-Mart of Racing." It wouldn't take much to make it more like Super Target, or even better - just some creativity and communication.

I'll make it easy for you - I'm going to start another thread right now. It's not like you'll get much over at the SW forums.

Oh, and Stu - you can keep your fucking drink bracelets from now on. If you choose to see me as a saboteur with an agenda rather than someone who's working his ass off to publicize and improve OD racing seven days a week, I don't want your little bribe.

Clean,

have you noticed that since you moved this off the main list, you are getting very litttle play?

it just kind of disappeared......out of sight, out of mind.

See you there? Did you really just say that, Strueli? Like the anarchists are suddenly going to flock to the fucking sailing world forum? To chat with you? That's funny. Might as well have Leweck here inviting people to his morgue. What a douchebag.

Hey Clean, Where can we find Mer's Pics @? Or any one elses? Only found 2 of us on the pain in the ass SW site. If possible could yall any pic of "TIN MAN" to me

Good job on Sunday! Looks like you lit the fire under their ass!

I will have to say these boats impress me everytime I sail them. Crewing for the first to days (on "TIN MAN") and then getting a chance to drive the three races on Sunday was a treat. The boat is easy to handle in all positions in any condition.

There was alot of tight racing which shows how equal the boats are. Which led to alittle bit of word swapping between boats at mark roundings & finishes! The Flying Tiger is a great boat with a promising OD class in the making. And I'm happy to see the East Coasts boat getting together.

Thanks to all who traved down from the cold to come get a winter sun burn!

------------BEERCOASTER--------------

sam@gulfportyachtclub.org

Hey Clean, Where can we find Mer's Pics @? Or any one elses? Only found 2 of us on the pain in the ass SW site. If possible could yall any pic of "TIN MAN" to me

Good job on Sunday! Looks like you lit the fire under their ass!

I will have to say these boats impress me everytime I sail them. Crewing for the first to days (on "TIN MAN") and then getting a chance to drive the three races on Sunday was a treat. The boat is easy to handle in all positions in any condition.

There was alot of tight racing which shows how equal the boats are. Which led to alittle bit of word swapping between boats at mark roundings & finishes! The Flying Tiger is a great boat with a promising OD class in the making. And I'm happy to see the East Coasts boat getting together.

Thanks to all who traved down from the cold to come get a winter sun burn!

------------BEERCOASTER--------------

sam@gulfportyachtclub.org

Pics coming! Promise!