Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Picture This

So of course the one of the very few times in my life I get sick on board, it has to be at the first day of the SD NOOD, and of course it gets captured on film. Of course it does! About ten minutes into race #1, I started to feel lousy and got progressively worse to the point that all I could do was to hang on as pictured here. Oh wait, there was one other thing I could do - puke. The boys asked if I wanted to go in, but I said no (I lied) and we at least finished the day (not very well) and me going straight home. I felt better the next day and while we had a good day two (a point out of second going into the final day), we discovered we had a cracked and compressed mast step and could not finish the regatta. The builder is going to fix the problem and we'll be back at it ASAP.

In the meantime, why not have a little fun at my expense and have a caption contest? The winner gets a limited edition Anarchy team jacket. Have fun, ya bastards!

03/17/08

ed_caption_contest.jpg

Awww....crap, here we go again.

Man - sometimes Anarchy makes my stomach churn - I think I am going to be sick

His report card from 2nd grade read: does not play well with others, lacks social skills.

Dooze Cruising.

While naviigating through a pod of humpback whales The skipper monitors Raytheon's new low profile Stern Pulpit Sonar.

Me sick? Nah , I'm just checking the gybe angle to the leeward mark by sighting down this wire so you don't overlay it again!

Anarchy blast reaches in the First Annual Chumley Regatta.

"... look, Scot, like I told you before, keeping that stanchion steady is a REALLY important job on a race boat. It really is! ...and you're doing it perfectly!...right, guys?"

"...oh, yeah!" "...he sure is!" "...at least a knot faster with Scot on the stanchion, you betcha!"

SCOT! when I say "Get your guts out" I don't mean spew, I mean Hike !!!

One of the best temporary cures for pride and affectation is seasickness;

an Ed who wants to vomit never puts on hairs airs.”

Josh Billings American Humorist, 1818-1885 (adapted)

Why did I read that 1000 Days thread?

Why are you reading the 1000 day thread???

"Remember, sailing is fun...Remember, sailing is fun....Sailing, fun...uuuggghhh...Fun, sailing...."

Ardent supporter of the American automotive industry Scot Tempesta takes the time to plug his new sponsor Buick.

wait... you mean I put up with 8 years of Bush just to get ready for Hillary.... ( procedes to vomit over stern)

Hey skip, this Australian backpacker has made us some sandwiches!! We have a choice of Wombat and salad, Curried Kangaroo and pickles or .... what .... not hungry??

The ED laments the money blown on USailing membership while the crew scours the boat for their membership benefits .

Darn ! I forgot where we are going ! Which one of you guys has the course map ?

Not me. Didn't see it Scott. Dunno. Not here. ( Foredeck guy ) Hell I didn't see it either, but guess what ? I just found that six pack we lost last week. Woohoo !

Just keep booting it until you feel something round and hairy passing through your mouth...but keep that! You're gonna need that, so that the guys at the bar can tear you a new one later.

So this is what "Doom and Unmitigated Failure" look like.

There's the ed....spewing out his liberal views again.

Ho-hum..writing checks for this ship of fools just isn't as much fun as it used to be.

"Strippers and belly shots, I knew that was a bad combination"

Jesus you guys are taking a long time dousing that chute! I'm taking a nap, you fuckers wake me up when you get your shit together!

-M

Scott: If anything else on this fucking boat breaks I am going to puke!

Crew: Hey Boss, I was just donw below and I noticed this crack . . .

So of course the one of the very few times in my life I get sick on board, it has to be at the first day of the SD NOOD, and of course it gets captured on film. Of course it does! About ten minutes into race #1, I started to feel lousy and got progressively worse to the point that all I could do was to hang on as pictured here. Oh wait, there was one other thing I could do - puke. The boys asked if I wanted to go in, but I said no (I lied) and we at least finished the day (not very well) and me going straight home. I felt better the next day and while we had a good day two (a point out of second going into the final day), we discovered we had a cracked and compressed mast step and could not finish the regatta. The builder is going to fix the problem and we'll be back at it ASAP.

In the meantime, why not have a little fun at my expense and have a caption contest? The winner gets a limited edition Anarchy team jacket. Have fun, ya bastards!

03/17/08

Today ANARCHY truly blows

And the little fish said "Mooooommy, this boat is leaking beer ...and burger....and fries... and tequila.Can i go along it?Pleeease mommy"

No Pictures! No Pictures…Can't a Celebrity have his Privacy!

OR ~

"Think Scot ...Think..How can I get all these Newbies to start posting...How!?"

Scooter,

No one has even asked yet. Were you even seasick or hit by a bug? I have a hard time believing you still felt crappy the next day due to seasickness. Usually you recover quickly once on land. Sounds more like a bug.

But I feel for you either way.

Stage 1 of Seasickness - you are afraid you are going to die.

Stage 2 of Seasickness - you are afraid you are not going to die.

Corn? I didn't eat any corn!

I love this boat, I just LOVE this FUCKIN' boat.

WTF! Back in the 80' & 90s I could do an all nighter and I would feel better than this? This must be my mother’s fault?

alcohol + ugly cougar from the bar ( which the crew will never let me live down) = a day of sad regrets and mass exodus of anything and everything going down the hatch again.... for awhile

Crew #1: "Hey Scott, you were really drunk last night, did you know that gal you went home with was a hermaphrodite?"

Scott: "Oh my god, no, no, uh, oh, [ralph]!!"

Crew #2: "He does now!"

"Oh Crap!! The mast step is now falling apart? I know I shouldn't have been such a cheap Bastard when I decided to buy a boat."