Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schoonerman

What's the BEST Sportboat video on YouTube?

You search under sportboat and there's NONE :o

sure don't look very comfortable on this SB3. That rail makes it pretty hard to hike...yeah, I know that's what it's supposed to do.

You search under sportboat and there's NONE :o

sure don't look very comfortable on this SB3. That rail makes it pretty hard to hike...yeah, I know that's what it's supposed to do.

I'm biased, as a Viperer, but I like

This is hot:

it's my Velivolo

I'm with Rockhead... That video rocks.

But then again I'm also biased towards the viper.

Mumms a fived keel leadbelly mate

you got Sportsboat ?

-------------------------------

anyway Liquid Tactics video as gotta be up there

pumpin'

Utterly no doubt ... the most bitchin sail video - I only wish I could get the hi def version !!!?

m30 at speed wipeouts recovery AND scored to "The Trooper" ... you Maiden fans know ...

Mumms a fived keel leadbelly mate

you got Sportsboat ?

You pulled him up on the Mumm but not the guy with the Melges 32?

Mumm's the word!

I just now saw you post ... no doubt - who are those guys? Is there a hi def version? If so espn should run it, with the soundtrack, lock for ratings!

Damn it Mr. Clean! Where are you? I never asked for a favor, but you owe it to SA to come up with the Hi-Def version.

sportboat or no my favorite sailing video by far is the mumm 30s set to iron maiden

as a viper sailor i also like the viper at charleston race week

RockHead

Now that is a good looking ride.

When you compere the SB3 to the Viper videos, the SB3 looks slow and a reel pig to sail and the viper looks like a dream to sail.

pulpit

You pulled him up on the Mumm but not the guy with the Melges 32?

true

thing is in Syd we sail aganst both in the combined Sports/30 and the 32, whilst too big for AUS 'Sportsboat' the 32 is a larger scaled up version

the low displacement, lifting rudder, keel, and trailerbility see to that

the Mumm is a keelboat, fixed-keel boat

true

thing is in Syd we sail aganst both in the combined Sports/30 and the 32, whilst too big for AUS 'Sportsboat' the 32 is a larger scaled up version

the low displacement, lifting rudder, keel, and trailerbility see to that

the Mumm is a keelboat, fixed-keel boat

And yet the Mumm 30 here in HK sails with us in the Sportsboat class...........without geting into a discussion about what is and what isn't a sportsboat! (I am with you on the Mumm 30!).

I only just noticed that someone mentioned e-scows in a sportsboat thread too!

And yet the Mumm 30 here in HK sails with us in the Sportsboat class...........without geting into a discussion about what is and what isn't a sportsboat! (I am with you on the Mumm 30!).
that's cos silly SBR allows up to 10mtrs, doenwurry, IF SMS works well it should go worldwide

I only just noticed that someone mentioned e-scows in a sportsboat thread too!
what do you want me to do , mug them :lol: :lol: nah not on ANZAC day

i like E-scows, 28' right, love to see one up against Stealthy or Vivace, they're hot

This is one of the comments from below that video:

this boat is not good for circumnavigation. There isn't enough room for your stuff, not even for a tv.

I kid you not- check it out!

those rich burgundy red kites on the first two boats are a very poofy colour K

like 'red socks' 'eh :lol:

'appy ANZAC day fellas

All the cloth companys are only bringing in 3 colors to NZ these days.. White Red Blue, challenge actually only brings in White, kinda limits the color options!

but hey, that's no normal 'letterbox red' sailcloth 'eh ... like in AUS

veeeerrry

u got there mate

are the North Islanders like that too ?

Mumm's the word!

That's the best video hands down...sportsboat or not...non of the other videos are even a close second..

This video of a 18' skiff in the Delta Ditch Run is good...BTW the skiff outlawed the race cammando style because they wouldn't let it enter the race... blowing the doors off boats....

i wonder what the best Sportsboat video is on youtube ?

Kehstrals is cool for NZ( not to mention 'colourful' ), T-8s Geelong (AUS) vid is interesting tho as it shows alot of the local AUS competitors, the Viper one wins out in the US catagory

I'm not the Worlds biggest J80 fan, but these guys know their shit, and should get extra credits for doing it in much colder conditions than the rest of us eh!

wga flying f*

Kehstrals is cool for NZ( not to mention 'colourful' ), T-8s Geelong (AUS) vid is interesting tho as it shows alot of the local AUS competitors, the Viper one wins out in the US catagory

Can you post those vids GybeSet...

Here's a vid that the Mumm 30 pulled most of their shots from...ckickity

Not a sportboat...but a good vid of Robbie Naish catching air...

That video is so old. Still love it though. Captures the feeling well.

Can you post those vids GybeSet...

what's the best Sportsboat video on youtube

not sayin' best but a few intereting ones

U.S. Viper

AUS Geelong

not outta control stuff but unique as it shows a whole fleet racing

NZ Sth Ils. Kehstrals

France trucdesign

What do you make of this Mateys?

That video is so old. Still love it though. Captures the feeling well.

yes it is and yes it does...you don't do it at all anymore,eh

That's right Boomer.

And the Out95, what's with this trapeze on a boat with lifelines idea?

Libera A

Me and Cracker sailed with a german girl who sailed one of these beasts in a all woman team, should have scanned some of the photos for you guys!

Those guys are having too much fun, especially when you consider that there's only 2kts of wind.

Libera A

Me and Cracker sailed with a german girl who sailed one of these beasts in a all woman team, should have scanned some of the photos for you guys!

was that the no holes barred girl?

I don't even know what this one is!

That's right Boomer.

beats the heck outta me...someone who didn't know better I suspect...

That's right Boomer.

Just to make sure you knacker yourself with the first sign of chop or during tacking. :huh:

beats the heck outta me...someone who didn't know better I suspect...

No

someone ( well there is ONE boat) that needs to comply to cat4 -ish to race

in the inshore stuff ( ie. Lake Geneva, Garda etc) they come off \

make more sense ?

to better this one see the lifelined U.S. boats Martin243 and the East C t750 for a GT or equally unfortunate look

No

someone ( well there is ONE boat) that needs to comply to cat4 -ish to race

in the inshore stuff ( ie. Lake Geneva, Garda etc) they come off \

make sense ?

Not really mate, still doesn't answer the question as to why you'd be using both traps and lifelines at once.

Ya'know, Arrow will turn heads like this thing soon.

That's the best video hands down...sportsboat or not...non of the other videos are even a close second..

New boat should be in Chicago soon. Looks a little faster than the O30.

Not really mate, still doesn't answer the question as to why you'd be using both traps and lifelines at once.

Ya'know, Arrow will turn heads like this thing soon.

it might be bending the hiking rules, but maybe not racing,

it may be in a trap. legal race but couldn't be arsed taking the 'lines off

it has lines for 'safeties' compliance,

whether a situation (race) exists that both allows trapezes yet mandates that category of safeties (v unlikely) is kinda moot, admittedly opposing ideas

it races in Europe, with traps NO lines,

also races in UK coastal with NO traps and with 'lines

in UK it's also possible to run devices in SBR or IRC'dayboat'

http://www.out95.com/rtipreview_2006.html

" The design can be sailed with trapezes, but for the JP Morgan Asset Management Round the island race the Out 95 will be sailing in IRC mode with stanchions and its crew of five hiking from the wings."

multi configs, IRC & SB, multi CATS

when ya can

the answer to the riddle will be a bit clearer

I'm not the Worlds biggest J80 fan, but these guys know their shit, and should get extra credits for doing it in much colder conditions than the rest of us eh!

I have a tough time believing 19.8 knots on that run - barely on a solid plane. Just see how much water that waterdozer is moving. Looks like mebbe mid teens at best

I have a tough time believing 19.8 knots on that run - barely on a solid plane. Just see how much water that waterdozer is moving. Looks like mebbe mid teens at best

I think that you are right except for one little stretch where the boat jumped up and might of hit it for a second.

The second vid has a top speed of 24knts as we over took the Thompson.........

T980, I know too big but was a great intense race inside Freo Harbour smashing a heap of big boats. Crew was thrown together at the last minute but the crew work was fantastic considering none of us had sailed together or the boat apart from the helm and owner.

T980, I know too big but was a great intense race inside Freo Harbour smashing a heap of big boats. Crew was thrown together at the last minute but the crew work was fantastic considering none of us had sailed together or the boat apart from the helm and owner.

I see the bus is on the market. Pity - we were looking forward to seeing you guys at Airlie again this year.

I just now saw you post ... no doubt - who are those guys? Is there a hi def version? If so espn should run it, with the soundtrack, lock for ratings!

Damn it Mr. Clean! Where are you? I never asked for a favor, but you owe it to SA to come up with the Hi-Def version.

Peacefrog was main trimmer on the one with the onboard shot of the wipeout. I'll ping Staggie and see if he can find the original footage. SA video player allows pretty high def uploads I think - higher than youtube anyway.

I like these, not necessarily sportboat, but pretty damn well put together.

These will just remind you to respect the sea

I like these, not necessarily sportboat, but pretty damn well put together.

These will just remind you to respect the sea

So the topic is very specific on Sportboat video's and you put up a lit, with not ONE of them having anything to do with sportboats? Ocean racing boats are fun but they have nothing to do with sportboats.

Sorry, just cruising sailing vids with my son and thought I'd share. You're right..my bad

Not many sportboat vids on Youtube. I'm heading up to a regatta this weekend with my skiboat in hopes of getting some sportboat footage.

I noticed the M24 world champs have some good footage BUT, it takes forever to load, and is not in english, and is not on youtube

www.sailrev.tv/

What do you make of this Mateys?

============================

I've talked to Alex about this incredible boat: designed to eventually test bi-foils and serve as a "model" for a 100' monofoiler.

============================

I've talked to Alex about this incredible boat: designed to eventually test bi-foils and serve as a "model" for a 100' monofoiler.

it won't be a 'sportsboat', if and when that occurs, as it's ballast will need to be 'taken out'

it has little to do with he present use, function & 'reality' of the boat, more like one of your wet dreams

fuck off

I see the Glugster drew the short straw for the "Stack Camera Hat", still reckon the 980 is one of the sexiest 32'ers ever built.

Anyone want a new one??

I see the Glugster drew the short straw for the "Stack Camera Hat", still reckon the 980 is one of the sexiest 32'ers ever built.

Anyone want a new one??

At that stage, he was the only one here that had one, wouldn't give it to me trimming in that vid, so now a few of us have them.

This taken today on the Swan, we pulled the pin just at the end of the footage, 42kt were recorded shortly after and we hit 31.3 knots in a pre start gust and big bear away.

The GPS speaks, scroll down to the pic.

http://www.freodoctor.com.au/index.php?opt...mp;id=6174#6174

Love one Phil, can you shave 500-600 kilos from it? A then sweet it would be boat, to quote Yoda. We were talking about that today over rum after our DNF, Melges 32, T980? Still not sure.

JK

At that stage, he was the only one here that had one, wouldn't give it to me trimming in that vid, so now a few of us have them.

This taken today on the Swan, we pulled the pin just at the end of the footage, 42kt were recorded shortly after and we hit 31.3 knots in a pre start gust and big bear away.

The GPS speaks, scroll down to the pic.

http://www.freodoctor.com.au/index.php?opt...mp;id=6174#6174

Love one Phil, can you shave 500-600 kilos from it? A then sweet it would be boat, to quote Yoda. We were talking about that today over rum after our DNF, Melges 32, T980? Still not sure.

JK

Hell of a nice fella that Phil, however I am unfortunately am not him, and "yes" the new T980 will be significantly lighter and also an Epoxy Infused build, so a fair bit stronger also.

PM me if you want more details.

Opps, sorry HCW, head cold has led me to supperimpose names and faces! Great to hear about the new build.