3 minutes ago, BeerDidClam said:

ANy of these so-called i550s for sale anywhere?  

Brand new never titled PDX build with carbon foils and spars, on a road trailer ready to go for less than you can build one yourself; just add sails!  PM me for details

The Clam is back?

I've got an inquiry about boats in Sydney or reasonably close so an interested guy can see one and touch it to see if there is chemistry. 

T

14 hours ago, timber said:

The Clam is back?

Only because I forgot my usual login stuff and am too lazy and unmotivated to look it up.  Hey. It's January.

Did you set the guy in Syd up with some nearby contact info?  I hope so!

So far no returns about i550's within reasonable distance of Sydney. Many have migrated to Hobart. 

I am waiting for someone to challenge Commache to race for boat registrations on a course of the i550's choosing

I may be looking for a gnav fitting at the mast. Also looking at 640 mainsails, although for an aluminum rig...

Plan sets continue to go out to the world. Three of the recent initiates to the cult are in Georgia (USA), Brazil and Peru.

Current project is pouring of a ballast bulb. But this one is a bit different. Poured in three parts with tapered dovetails to join together at destination. You're wondering why? Well the three sections fit in 3 US Postal "if it fits, it ships" boxes. and they have a weight of less than 70 pounds each which  is the  limit. 

The guy in Peru wants to know  if there are sailmakers there that he is not aware of and mast suppliers. 

T

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6d7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e0.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.48dba23b464e3f2b225dd3aad1ebca22.jpegthe 550 thread has been quiet for a while. Here is a shot of mine, out for a wash and to check the fit on the trailer bunks.

Yow! what a great fairing and paint job. It's a real beauty.

The keel shipping in sections is great.  I hope that you and your wife are well.  It's never dull, Aloha Guerdon.

I am aware of another build in Texas fitting trailer bunks and a fast build project in Georgia going well. And another in Far far Eastern Canada looking like a violin. 

All of the builders are doing a fine job. 

We've a Peruvian builder wanting to source sails and a mast locally, can anyone chime in?i

550%20t-shirt%20a.pdfi550%20t-shirt%20a.pdfi550%20t-shirt%20a.pdf 

Timb, love you guys and all that, but I've had about 8 people email me in the last month about the website and how to order plans.  Are all y'all ever going to get the site back up?  Want some help?  

Want a free site with a tiny bit of functionality but at least a landing page where folks can order things?   I still have an open domain on my web provider.

lemme no.

So are plans shut down for a while on these?  I am casting about for my next boat, I am not committed yet, but the i550 is for sure on the table.  Does anyone have any plans they bought and changed their mind on?  Not asking for plans on a boat already built. 

Watershed just sent a planset to a guy.  Yesterday.  See the Forum at:  http://i550class.org/forums/index.php

there's info at the top of the BUILDING AN i550 that's pinned...complete with the email address for Moose and Squirrel (Watershed)

also: register for the Forum and win valuable prizes  (not really, but WTF, right?)

9 hours ago, Coquina012 said:

So are plans shut down for a while on these?  I am casting about for my next boat, I am not committed yet, but the i550 is for sure on the table.  Does anyone have any plans they bought and changed their mind on?  Not asking for plans on a boat already built. 

If you take the next step to take a closer look, there is an i550 that moved to San Francisco.   Our MAP needs location and status updated.

aIMG_7321.thumb.JPG.5b98b4d27dc9b995c100e169b516f3b9.JPG

Interesting.  That looks like the condos over on Treasure Island.  Any idea where the boat is kept? 

1 hour ago, Coquina012 said:

Interesting.  That looks like the condos over on Treasure Island.  Any idea where the boat is kept? 

Try Richmond

Great boat name.

Plans available at i550watershed@yahoo.com

On 6/13/2018 at 9:18 AM, Coquina012 said:

...or maybe yer want to save a bit of build time?   Carbon Offset is still available.   Built in Sacramento.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/d/i550-sportsailer/6606913998.html

On 6/19/2018 at 12:15 AM, Red Dwarf said:

Red Dwarf built by Velocity Boatworks, finally made it into the water.  Still some tweaks to take care of but will be sailing soon.IMG_0052.thumb.jpg.f099df697bb579b38042f9b47f032e2a.jpg

Wait,what!?     So cool,, quite tenacious to get 'er done through all the real-life trials,,, congrats!

That's Vancouver area?  I'd love to take a look.   Maybe I should hold on!   :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, Jray said:

Haha, Allen. Thats my boat. Still looking for a home for her.

Nice looking boat. My “fleet” is to large to consider another addition. I sailed a Viper 640 in the Big Arm area of Flathead a few seasons ago. Good luck selling!