• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Walrus and Wobble i550 build web log ----- clownfish-i550.blogspot.com

Looks like you settled the issue of what to use for the prod.

have fun with the project(s)!

post-768-1244571956_thumb.jpg

fixed kite poles or rotating?

could people share their views on why you would choose one or the other

where kmac and many others are going for the conventional system, tokyo has the rotating sprit?

the retracting one obviously leaves the deck clean and the rotating allows better angles, is that all there is to it....

Regards.

We don't know how it all sorts itself out yet. My inclination is for the fixed to be less to think about on a short course and faster cuz concentration will be on sailing not positioning your appendage. On a longer course the wiggly prod gives the possibility of better optimising downwind courses related to wind angle and a bit of advantage over the fixed, or not.

And #217 goes to New Jersey. Now we need to add Old Jersey, EH?

TR

Simplicity is why I went with the fixed bow prod. Pull one line and deploy the pole and suck in the tack at the same time. Release the line and let bungee suck it back in as you gather the foot of the spin. I want to be able to take total rookies out and fly the spin. Also, I expect some 2-up sailing so keeping it simple is paramount. I'll make plenty of other mistakes so I don't need gybing the prod to be on the worry list.

Part of the fun is to build it the way you want. Ron in MN has a articulating prod because he needs to be able run more on a tight course.

Cheers, Kevin.

While there can be advantages to the articulated pole, there are drawbacks as well. After sailing a boat for a couple of years with an articulated internal pole, I have to agree with Kevin. Simple is better. Once loaded up, it is all but impossible to move. We destroyed the hardware once trying to use the winch to move it. To gibe the pole when gibing the kite, it takes one person to do that job alone and it gets to congested and confused with everything a good, fast gibe entails.

But then again, even as a one design, if one fast boat can run deeper, then we all might have to.

on another note, Timber, can i get CAD files for the i550? My sailmaker wants one if possible to do sail design and analysis

cheers

on another note, Timber, can i get CAD files for the i550? My sailmaker wants one if possible to do sail design and analysis

cheers

Have him drop me an email. We can be accommodating.

TR

fixed kite poles or rotating?

could people share their views on why you would choose one or the other

where kmac and many others are going for the conventional system, tokyo has the rotating sprit?

the retracting one obviously leaves the deck clean and the rotating allows better angles, is that all there is to it....

Regards.

both methods can look neat if built neatly. went with the swinging prod because its simple, light and doesn't intrude inside and take up what little room there is in the boat. in the bay to bay when we raced the green i550, we took 100's of meters out of them as they had to continually gybe downhill while we would gybe once for every 3 gybes they did, our bigger running kite helped us as well, but the downwind angles where noticeably deeper. we can 2 hand the boat with the chute up, but only in light to moderate, after then your looking for extra fat.

Hey all,

Well my brothers boat (see Waller 5.4 thread) will be launched on Sunday. He then is moving back home to Tassie and will be renting his house, which luckily for me has a shed big enough to build a boat up to 6m long.

I have been looking at the i550 for quite a while and am pretty close to committing but just a few questions from those around the boats.

What do you guys think of extending the boat (by spacing the frames out) to make the boat 6m, so I can rate on SMS. If not does the i550 currently have an SMS rating?

I'm not really keen on stitch and glue method, thought about making it on a jig as it could be stronger or/and lighter. Has anyone done this before? Otherwise I might use a base frame to sit the bottom section in like one of the build blogs.

Are there any other boats in Western Oz?

Anyway, thanks in advance!!

Mez

Update: #129 has a primed deck and is ready to be flipped tomorrow. What do you guys think of keeping the cabin sides bright finished? I'm not totally sold on it yet. Looked better in my head...

I could only make the bright area so big due to tapes and fairing compound. What say you?

Cheers,

Jeff

post-7091-1245543769_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

Well my brothers boat (see Waller 5.4 thread) will be launched on Sunday. He then is moving back home to Tassie and will be renting his house, which luckily for me has a shed big enough to build a boat up to 6m long.

I have been looking at the i550 for quite a while and am pretty close to committing but just a few questions from those around the boats.

What do you guys think of extending the boat (by spacing the frames out) to make the boat 6m, so I can rate on SMS. If not does the i550 currently have an SMS rating?

I'm not really keen on stitch and glue method, thought about making it on a jig as it could be stronger or/and lighter. Has anyone done this before? Otherwise I might use a base frame to sit the bottom section in like one of the build blogs.

Are there any other boats in Western Oz?

Anyway, thanks in advance!!

Mez

Mez.

i built my boat over a jig originally, stitch and glue is the method used to glue the panels together using wire or zip ties, has nothing to do with building with or without a jig. you can build the boat anyway you feel comfortable with. majority of the guys in the US have built the boats upright and i think there is one being buit the same way here in aus. mine and the other two i550's here in aus were built on jigs.

the boat doesnt have an sms rating, never bothered to deal into it, as the boat is too small and isnt quite quick enough to be worthy of the rating. it does however have an official cbh of 0.800. have thought about whether going to 6m would be worth it, you wont be class legal but atm there are only 3 sailing anyway, so if that doesnt bother you i guess you could do it easily. dont know of any boats being built in western oz though, the other two sailing are in newcastle and canberra.

Tokyo

There are two sets of plans in Freo. Don't know if there are progress reports for a hungry audience.

Hey TTB, you guys done a pulldown test for YA? all good with appendix D and all that? imagine it should be

LOL!

#221 goes to Tampa Bay. And the Sea Scouts get a build license for #142 (reserved but not assigned till now).

The Sea Scouts program is ambitious and they need your support to build a fleet of i550's so they can get out of the j boats and into modern times.

Write to Timber for contact info. We have 10 flags in the map from S. Carolina on to th e south.

#221 goes to Tampa Bay. And the Sea Scouts get a build license for #142 (reserved but not assigned till now).

We have 10 flags in the map from S. Carolina on to th e south.

Meanwhile, the pansies on the Chesapeake still continue to chug around in the their tubs like Cal25s and Catalina27s and such :rolleyes: . I dont think Justin got much of a rise out of his Viper campaign in Annapolis (but I could be wrong & hope I am). I don't know why people on the Ches prefer to tool around in slow, 70's fiberglass....they can barely get a sportsyacht start at Screwpile this year. At least the Antrims and Problem Child are showing up and representing a planing boat typeform.

This is challenge for someone to step up and start building the 2nd hull on the Ches.

also: no offense to my buds in C27 fleet 8....just trying to goad you all into starting an i550.

post-768-1246811555_thumb.jpg

Bump.

Watershed is contemplating a special price for ply kits if we have orders for three or more. The savings will come in shipping and grouping the work for efficiency. PM Timber for more details.

Hi all,

Please can someone provide a link, details or pics of how to:

Cast the bulb

Attach the bulb to the keel fin

Attach the keel to the hull - Is this usually lifting?

I have a wood plug to make molds from based on the plan dimensions. There is a fine plan of a keel bulb shape in the files section of i550.org and at www.sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/i550. Check the early postings to threads about the various blogs listed at i550.org

Keel is usually lifting although fixed is allowed in the rules as are double rudders or more.

Attachment can be done a number of ways. PM me for a bunch of ideas.

Timber

Hi all,

Please can someone provide a link, details or pics of how to:

Cast the bulb

Attach the bulb to the keel fin

Attach the keel to the hull - Is this usually lifting?

Here's a pic of a bulb being cast...

post-18673-1247757393_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic after it came out of the plaster mold...

post-18673-1247757416_thumb.jpg

Drill holes and bolt with 1/2" SS bolts to foil. Foil holes must be drilled out to a larger size, filled with silica putty and then re-drilled. Ron's blog has some pictures of the bulb bolted to the keel foil. Here's holes drilled in the lead.

post-18673-1247757454_thumb.jpg

Don't have a pick of my keel box, but mine is a lifting keel. I'll have a bolt run through the keel and box to fix it in position while sailing. Also, there will be a plate to ensure the keel doesn't drop out of the bottom.

Cheers, Kevin.

p.s. I though I had a blog entry on casting my bulb and I know Ron has one on his blog.

p.p.s. bolting together my bulb and attaching to the foil are to-do items for the next 3 weeks, so there will be more info soon.

This is what I did:

Did a foam plug.

Cover it with 3X 6 ounces fiberglass epoxy

Build a plywood box.

Put sand around the glass shell

See photos:

Christian

This is what I did:

Did a foam plug.

Build a plywood box.

See photos:

Christian

Thanks Christian, nice job. Does the hot lead melt and virtually eliminate the foam?

This is what I did:

Did a foam plug.

Build a plywood box.

See photos:

Christian

Thanks Christian, nice job. Does the hot lead melt and virtually eliminate the foam?

No, the foam was diluted with lacquer thinner. An awful jog. But the shell could be cut in half and glued with tape afterward.

The foam was plain blue styrofoam.

Christian.

No, the foam was diluted with lacquer thinner. An awful jog. But the shell could be cut in half and glued with tape afterward.

Christian.

That's the "lost plug" type method or something like that. I thought the foam plug was left in and vaporized when you hit it with 600 degree lead. anyway, did you have a hollow center for the foil? Or are you bolting up from the bottom into or through the foil?

Looks like a nice setup. I especially like the old jack as a support.

FYI, a ladle can be found at most plumbing supply places for less then 20 bucks if you want to go that route.

Cheers, Kevin.

Christian.

That's the "lost plug" type method or something like that. I thought the foam plug was left in and vaporized when you hit it with 600 degree lead. anyway, did you have a hollow center for the foil? Or are you bolting up from the bottom into or through the foil?

Looks like a nice setup. I especially like the old jack as a support.

FYI, a ladle can be found at most plumbing supply places for less then 20 bucks if you want to go that route.

Cheers, Kevin.

I have 1/4 inches aluminium plate in the center of the foil. I bolted squares to it and to the bulb.

I have reshaped the top of the bulb with lead rip.

Faired with body putty and epoxy glassed all over. Watertight.

Christian

#225 Hoouston, full patterns

#226 Nova Scotia, plan set

#225 Hoouston, full patterns

#226 Nova Scotia, plan set

Who in Houston?

Miguel Tejada? Ivan Rodriquez? Lance Berkman?....Lyle Lovett?

It's Yao Ming. But he's gonna have a helluva time getting under the boom during tacks.

:lol:

You all see Gordo's vid yet? Awesome.

SWEEEEEETT!

Looks alot like Viper bait to me... ;)

SWEEEEEETT!

Very nice video. Always good to see another boat actually sailing. We should have a dozen sailing around soon I hope. I'm looking at 3 weeks to sailing I think.

Kevin.

SWEEEEEETT!

Very nice video. Always good to see another boat actually sailing. We should have a dozen sailing around soon I hope. I'm looking at 3 weeks to sailing I think.

Kevin.

wow! that's excellent, Kevin.

I hope you leave yer build-blog up for a while, after you hit the water ;)

I've toyed with working on a "un-official building guide" that pulls all the ideas that work well or save time over the winter (when it's too cold to sail or build here in Chicago). The blog won't go anywhere though.

Cheers, Kevin.

I've toyed with working on a "un-official building guide" that pulls all the ideas that work well or save time over the winter (when it's too cold to sail or build here in Chicago). The blog won't go anywhere though.

Cheers, Kevin.

I dont have a blog account, so I can't comment on yours, but man that coat of blue looks outtasite!!! Great job. Miles Davis would love that kind of blue!

I dont have a blog account, so I can't comment on yours, but man that coat of blue looks outtasite!!! Great job. Miles Davis would love that kind of blue!

Thanks Tim. I was really impressed with how well the paint covered and went on. It was like instant blue. I'm taking the afternoon off to sand and apply the 2nd coat today. We flip it on Sunday at 4pm if anyone want's to come help. Here's the pic....

Kevin.

post-18673-1249484482_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tim. I was really impressed with how well the paint covered and went on. It was like instant blue. I'm taking the afternoon off to sand and apply the 2nd coat today. We flip it on Sunday at 4pm if anyone want's to come help. Here's the pic....

Kevin.

WOW!!!!! Looks Great!

Kevin.

Beautiful!!!

Very nice. The Blue will need sun glasses to view when its in the sun!

I appreciate the time you spent fairing the hull. Great Job.

T

Kevin,

You're an inspiration to us all, and a tough act to follow! In your free time, it'd be great if you could put together a "Fairing Guide for Dummies!"

Possible names: "Blue By You" or "Blew by you?"

Quinn

Kevin,

You're an inspiration to us all, and a tough act to follow! In your free time, it'd be great if you could put together a "Fairing Guide for Dummies!"

Quinn

Fairing guide....

Buy 3 gallons of epoxy and appropriate hardener.

Buy 10 lb's of fairing compound (that's a lot if it has micro balloons in it).

mix all ingredients together and apply to hull liberally.

Start sanding with long board.

Persist in sanding.

Keep sanding.

Sand a little more.

Repeat above steps 4-5 times.

:-)

It's not quite that bad, but close. Happy to provide advise and hints when the time comes. A straight long board is an essential tool. 18" minimum length. I made mine but 3m makes some nice plastic ones too.

As for the name suggestions, the 2nd one has a nice double meaning... However, I'm sticking with pipeDream.

Cheers, Kevin.

Kevin,

Quinn

Kevin, this is exactly what I was going say....

It is definatly no longer a "Pipe Dream"

;)

I'm very jealous. All I have to offer is a bunch of holes.

post-768-1249911252_thumb.jpgpost-768-1249911277_thumb.jpg

fixed it to you ;) .

Way to go Kevin, an inspiration to Koolaid drinkers everywhere :P

Not to be left out, Kevin and I are (nearly) neck-and-neck though I think he flipped his boat today. :)

http://alchemyi550.blogspot.com/ (all my pics are too big for SA, so just clicky)

Jeff

Looks really nice my friend. Keep up the good work. Kevin.

Way to go Kevin, an inspiration to Koolaid drinkers everywhere :P

Not to be left out, Kevin and I are (nearly) neck-and-neck though I think he flipped his boat today. :)

http://alchemyi550.blogspot.com/ (all my pics are too big for SA, so just clicky)

Jeff

Looks really nice my friend. Keep up the good work. Kevin.

Kevin, what are you going to do to the deck? Painted? Leave it bright?

Mikr

Kevin, what are you going to do to the deck? Painted? Leave it bright?

Mikr

The plan is to leave the foredeck bright. The rest of the deck will be painted white with non-skid on the cockpit sole and bensons (that's my plan A anyway, don't expect to go forward of the cabin while sailing). Should look pretty cool when it's finished. I need to get my hardware mounting points sorted and then it's prep, sand and paint the sucker. :-)

Kevin.

Kevin,

I would highly recommend Kiwigrip!!! It is the easiest non skid product to use. I love it.

I was considering it. how barefoot friendly is it? I'm sure that depends on how you put it on. Do you have any pics of yours?

Kevin.

Kevin,

I would highly recommend Kiwigrip!!! It is the easiest non skid product to use. I love it.

I was considering it. how barefoot friendly is it? I'm sure that depends on how you put it on. Do you have any pics of yours?

Kevin.

I am definitely going with Kiwigrip for Alchemy. Sounds wicked easy to apply and, as you note, it's "tooth" can be tuned by application process. Hopefully that tuning is as easy as they make it sound!

I am definitely going with Kiwigrip for Alchemy. Sounds wicked easy to apply and, as you note, it's "tooth" can be tuned by application process. Hopefully that tuning is as easy as they make it sound!

How much are you planning to non-skid? I was thinking about leaving the side decks smooth and just do the sole and foot bensons with non-skid. Should only take 2 liters of the kiwi stuff.

Thoughts? K.

How much are you planning to non-skid? I was thinking about leaving the side decks smooth and just do the sole and foot bensons with non-skid. Should only take 2 liters of the kiwi stuff.

Thoughts? K.

In addition to the cockpit sole, I had planned to do the sidedecks as well as the fore deck. While I don't plan on having anyone going forward while under sail, if it is needed the non-skid will be necessary. I plan to try to get a less agressive finish (no butt burns) on the sidedecks. Probably will need a whole gallon for that.

Got the last finish coat on the hull night night. Naturally, it's not quite as good as the second-to-last coat. :( Oh well, I will wet sand and buff in a few places. Bottom looks fast, though!

Email me for pictures. I have used all different types of non skid and kiwigrip is the easiest to work with. The product goes on easy and you can make it as agressive as you want it to be. I did my Olson 30 in 1 day. That included taping. Make sure you peel the tape as you go.

Thoughts? K.

Kevin-

One other thing you might consider is glare from NON-non-skid surfaces. Food for thought...

jd

P.S. Happy Anniversary!

I Do like the Rum(can) holders in the deck! In fact i think it should be part of the class rules!

Thanks! Those were a "must have" accessory! :D

They drain into the the storage bin, which in turn drain into the cockpit.

Hi guys.

From Today through the end of September, we are going to run a

"Back to Boat School Special," for the i550 sportboat Meranti plywood

kits within the USA. The price remains $2500, but we will waive the

shipping charge, which will save you about $300 to $500, depending on

where you live.

Also, Worldwide during this same time period, we will include the hull

license and plan set FREE if you buy a set of the full-sized Tyvek paper

patterns. The Tyveks are cut from the master templates so they are very

accurate & will save you a lot of time. Within North America, the plan

set/hull license/Tyvek combo will save you $79.95. Outside of North

America, the combo will save you $86.95.

If you hit the purchase button on the i550sportboat.com site & scroll

down, you'll see descriptions. (You won't actually purchase until you

union in US dollars). The Tyveks are waterproof, untearable & hold their

shape. You can just lay out to the best configuration to avoid waste, as

per your plans. You then can use double-sided tape or pushpins to

temporarily hold patterns in place, & then mist the outline edges with

spray paint & that will give you a clean line for cutting. We can also

give you a special price right now on Ronstan hardware.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tim Reiter

Watershed Sailboats

set@skywerx.com

I know some of you will give me comments on this post. But c'mon, give me a pass this one time.

I'm a bit late to the party, just getting started.

post-4941-1250786534_thumb.jpg

It's never too late to join this party. The bulb plug looks good. You might want to trim off that very fine tail (last inch maybe). While making mine plug I kept loosing that tail and finally decided if I was loosing it while making the plug, I'd probably break it off on something once it was cast.

Look forward to seeing more progress. I'll need some company on the water one of these days :-).

Kevin.

I'm a bit late to the party, just getting started.

post-4941-1250786534_thumb.jpg

It's never too late to join this party. The bulb plug looks good. You might want to trim off that very fine tail (last inch maybe). While making mine plug I kept loosing that tail and finally decided if I was loosing it while making the plug, I'd probably break it off on something once it was cast.

Look forward to seeing more progress. I'll need some company on the water one of these days :-).

Kevin.

I'm leaving the plug with extra tail so that I can cut it off as I see fit once it's cast. The plug has a 1/4" wood "spine", so it's pretty robust. Hoping to cast my mold this weekend, and then move on to the keel for a while to let the mold fully cure.

I now have bulb envy....

I'll trade you my bulb (plug) for your boat -heh.

#235 is going to Australia. Also, there is a very strong posiblity that a launching announcement for One of the US boats will be made in the next couple weeks.

All you guys are doing a great job. Your boats really reflect attention to detail and skill.

T

Or a Stormtrooper?

Nice one... I think I'll just call in "Jango".

Seriously, It's looking fantastic Jeff. Ryan should have our sails done by the middle of next week.

Then it's go time :-)

k.

As no one else has posted it, we have the first US built i550 floating and hopefully sailing by now. Ron Bowman splashed his new i550 Lunatic Fringe this past Wednesday, September 9th. This makes three sailing in Australia and one here. Two more I550 should be on the water here in the US within a month or so.

As no one else has posted it, we have the first US built i550 floating and hopefully sailing by now. Ron Bowman splashed his new i550 Lunatic Fringe this past Wednesday, September 9th. This makes three sailing in Australia and one here. Two more I550 should be on the water here in the US within a month or so.

Well Done Ron, the boat looks great!! It is nice to have some of the builds hitting the water here in the US.

Jon

Congrats to Ron. His boat has always looked good. Here is one of his pics from launch day. He has reported that yesterday he had a nice first sail although the wind died on them. Plans for more sailing are on his books. The first tri-state intergalactic championship is in the works.

post-18673-1252679625_thumb.jpg

Jeff and I are battling for the #5 spot on the world wide i550 fleet list. The question is, who will be #7 on that list?

Kevin.

Congrats to Ron. His boat has always looked good. Here is one of his pics from launch day. He has reported that yesterday he had a nice first sail although the wind died on them. Plans for more sailing are on his books. The first tri-state intergalactic championship is in the works.

post-18673-1252679625_thumb.jpg

Jeff and I are battling for the #5 spot on the world wide i550 fleet list. The question is, who will be #7 on that list?

Kevin.

Great looking boat. Maybe the bulb needs to be further forward though? She looks like she'll be dragging those transom corners through the water as soon as the crew is aboard, whilst you are missing out on all that forward overhang in the LWL (this might not be the case so much with crew aboard)?

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/style_ima...st-numbered.gif

Great looking boat. Maybe the bulb needs to be further forward though? She looks like she'll be dragging those transom corners through the water as soon as the crew is aboard, whilst you are missing out on all that forward overhang in the LWL (this might not be the case so much with crew aboard)?

I think the 50 lbs of outboard motor hanging off the back might be effecting how she's sitting in that picture. In the light stuff, the i550 is a "keep the knuckle in the water" boat for sure. And the 350lb of crew can overcome any balance issues created by the 185lb keel. One of the reasons I went with the long cockpit because it give you another position forward (at the shrouds). We should have some first hand sailing experience soon.

Kevin.

theres a natural rocker in the lines, and of course a good sportsboat shouldn't be 'bow down'

we use a 27 lb o/b on a 8mtr,

on a 5.5 this would be the max weight you would want !!

I think the 50 lbs of outboard motor hanging off the back might be effecting how she's sitting in that picture. In the light stuff, the i550 is a "keep the knuckle in the water" boat for sure. And the 350lb of crew can overcome any balance issues created by the 185lb keel. One of the reasons I went with the long cockpit because it give you another position forward (at the shrouds). We should have some first hand sailing experience soon.

Kevin.

I can only imagine how much it will effect it when its off the dock & on the back of the boat then :(

Kevin.

Shit, with getting married next weekend and a honeymoon to follow, I might be #7. :o Oh well, life is still great.

I got the non-skid finished this afternoon. KiwiGrip is really nice stuff to work with. Will take some photos tomorrow in the daylight and post. Need to get crackin' tomorrow on the rudder and boom fittings. Oh, and pour the f#cking keel bulb.

Jeff

I have a feeling that #'s 5,6 & 7 will splash as a cluster. There are a couple proceeding quietly in the States which might follow these three quickly also.

As promised here are a couple of photos of the boat with the Kiwi Grip applied. Sorry for the lousy lighting; I was too busy all day working on the boat to take pictures of her.

The first pic looks like there is non-skid on the cockpit sides. Not the case; must be water droplets from rinsing the boat down just prior to the pictures.

post-7091-1252899069_thumb.jpg

post-7091-1252899560_thumb.jpg

As promised here are a couple of photos of the boat with the Kiwi Grip applied. Sorry for the lousy lighting; I was too busy all day working on the boat to take pictures of her.

The first pic looks like there is non-skid on the cockpit sides. Not the case; must be water droplets from rinsing the boat down just prior to the pictures.

post-7091-1252899560_thumb.jpg

Cool!!! Stubby holders in the side decks, what a great idea!!! Is there a matching eskie in the cockpit floor?????? :P

Two Heads

... ... ... ...

The first pic looks like there is non-skid on the cockpit sides. Not the case

... ... ...

Why not?

You don't think you'll ever -WISH- there was non-skid on the cockpit sides?

:lol::lol:

The boat looks great though, hope to see more of these out sailing!

FB- Doug

The brain trust at world headquarters is prototyping a motion sensing, spring or pneumatic actuated beverage unit vertical launch delivery system which can be installed to assist delivery of liquid replenishment to vehicle passengers. First trials of the pneumatic system exhibited higher than expected velocities and poor directional stability at distances greater than 2 inches above deck. Sheetrock ceiling being repaired as you read this.

T

Sheetrock is great stuff. I'm going to build my next i550 out of ferro-cement with sheetrock framing and bulkheads. I like sheetrock for its light weight, tensile strength and waterproof properties!

Go the USG Corp!!!

post-768-1253036904.jpg