Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shife

The HeatWave Thread

After five years of agonizing work, the deck of the HeatWave is about to get a new paintjob. In light of this accomplishment, it has been decided that the boat needs it's own thread.

So, here it is. Poke fun at us, call us names, or show your support.

The boat: 1982 Dehler DB1. 3/4 ton IOR. Built by Brighton Yachts in Canada, eh.

Location: Current, Bayview Yacht Club. Detroit, MI. Previous, Bay City, MI.

HeatWave Crew Site

Various HeatWave related threads:

Emergency Rudder Thread

Winch Mod Idea

The World's Fastest Cradle

GPS Shitfight

Companionway Stairs Project

Formica/Foam Bunk Project

Beerholder Tech

Dinosaur Cup

DB2/DB1 Thread by Tasmin

Photo by Martin Chumiecki:

post-4412-1211940961_thumb.jpg

Looks like they used the same weird rubberized shit to finish the DB's decks as they did the Optima....way to go with the project, though.

New floor where there used to be an old sealed hatch. Old floor was so squishy and nasty that it would squirt nasty brown liquid out when stepped on. Probably wasnt the safest surface on the boat. Shes strong now tho - several layers of roving and cloth later....

NewCockpitFloor.jpg

Rebuilding tip of rudder that was snapped off during the Priems Regatta last year. Motoring in reverse at full speed has its consequences.....

P1000852.jpg

Laying balsa in the transom. Probabaly 80% of the transom has now been replaced. It was in pretty bad shape.

BalsaWork.jpg

can't wait to see heapwave out on the water!

burnsy - did you ever find your shoes?

L

Contrary to popular belief they were not stolen by a female. Instead they were stolen by a U20 main. I had to do some threatening, but it finally gave up the goods.

Love the look of these boats -- my bro has a Kirby 36, and it looks fast sitting at the dock. I've seen your site a few times and I like the Dehler too. The plumb bow is OK but the straight raked bow looks way more aggressive.

Same issues -- he's done lots of re-coring, decks, etc.

Recipe he provided to me for non-skid deck paint. More pics when you're done please!

This advice is worth plenty! My "mixture" is for Flat finish with aggressive non-skid.

I use BRIGHTSIDE....you need to use the MAXIMUM amount of flattener and beads that they mention!!!

That is 1 quart brightside mixed up with 3 quarts (no kidding---I phoned their help line to make sure) flattening agent#YMA715 and add 4 .....1/2-pint tins of Polymeric non-skid#2398; making more than a gallon of the stuff.

Voila.

Of course this will coat your deck about 6 or 8 times. So use 1/2 or 1/4 the recipe.

Or be a chicken shit and use the Interdeck....

I haven't used it so I don't know if it's a flat finish or a "Low semi-gloss".

Sand heavily with a vibrator sander.

Then the key is to make sure your deck is very clean with NO dust and NO residual soap powder that could screw up the adhesion.

Use a 5mm nap roller...high quality lint-free, don't be chicken, use a wide one you'll get less roller marks.

Keep the stir stick in the can and stir regularly before you pour into the tray to keep the non-skid consistant.

The beauty about the flattened paint is that you don't need to sand in-between coats!!

and the shelf life is good....till next year so you can fix up the damage the crew did this year!

Don't stop and start...keep a wet edge...these tips will help avoid roller edge marks.

Any fibreglass repairs underneath have to be SUPER SMOOTH or they will show, I guarantee it. You will know after the first coat if you have to sand it off and keep sanding the reair.

OHH...another tip....do a quick coat over the repair spots only before you do the 1st coat on the whole thing. This will do two things....tell you if your repair job is smooth enough...and your 1st coat will look much better because the resin colour will not show through now.

Make sure all the "blush" is off your epoxy repairs!!!! use a stiff scrub brush and water after they are cured before you paint.

I could go on for ever......or you could trailer your boat down here and stay for about 4 days while I advise.

Bet you wish you never asked now.

As a former DB2 sailor, go the DB's...nice work!

Sadly, the DB I sailed on died a dishonorable death by tree in the front yard of the MFO's brother. <_<

He's gonna kill me for this one.... :lol:

Last year's winter condo:

ShifeinHelmet.jpg

What gay beverage is that in your hand??

On another note GREAT WORK!!!

look forward to seeing the work this weekend.

Regards

What gay beverage is that in your hand??

On another note GREAT WORK!!!

look forward to seeing the work this weekend.

Regards

Napoleon Dynamite left that on the boat after mixing his mimosa. I was thirsty and out of beer.

He's gonna kill me for this one.... :lol:

Last year's winter condo:

ShifeinHelmet.jpg

Shife, you are the coolest guy I know!

Good luck and enjoy, guys- great job fixing the years of "sailed hard and put to bed wet" abuse.

Cheers,

PS: having sailed Lake St. Silly, it's just amazing to see the damage fresh water can do to a boat. Then again, we don't have the humidity, heat, and snow, either. Just salt water, the world's greatest solvent.

Love the look of these boats -- my bro has a Kirby 36, and it looks fast sitting at the dock. I've seen your site a few times and I like the Dehler too. The plumb bow is OK but the straight raked bow looks way more aggressive.

Same issues -- he's done lots of re-coring, decks, etc.

Recipe he provided to me for non-skid deck paint. More pics when you're done please!

The entire deck is getting primered with PreKote. Minor flaws will be fixed as time allows. Then comes the deck paint. Then the KiwiGrip nonskid. Primer and deck paint will be sanded between coats, yadda yadda. We know that there will probably be a few spots that aren't perfect, but we are down to 8 days before we have to leave for the Mills race. Mast still needs to be stepped, all 6 winches and the tracks, traveler, and all the hardware needs to be installed, engine work needs to be finished up, all running rigging needs to be put back on, windows need to be reinstalled, interior needs serious cleaning, electronics need to be installed, etc. We'll touch up any ugly spots next year when we paint the topsides. Plenty of time to get all that done, eh? We'll be tuning the rig and trying to work out the cobwebs on the delivery down to Mills. We just want to get the damn thing on the race course.

The entire deck is getting primered with PreKote. Minor flaws will be fixed as time allows. Then comes the deck paint. Then the KiwiGrip nonskid. Primer and deck paint will be sanded between coats, yadda yadda. We know that there will probably be a few spots that aren't perfect, but we are down to 8 days before we have to leave for the Mills race. Mast still needs to be stepped, all 6 winches and the tracks, traveler, and all the hardware needs to be installed, engine work needs to be finished up, all running rigging needs to be put back on, windows need to be reinstalled, interior needs serious cleaning, electronics need to be installed, etc. We'll touch up any ugly spots next year when we paint the topsides. Plenty of time to get all that done, eh? We'll be tuning the rig and trying to work out the cobwebs on the delivery down to Mills. We just want to get the damn thing on the race course.

After reading this great thread I have only one question; did you guys get a group rate from the Therapist?

After reading this great thread I have only one question; did you guys get a group rate from the Therapist?

A local mental institution gives us free bulk packages of Haldol.

Geee, the list of things to do looks pretty bad when you type it out. Perhaps I shouldnt ditch boat work this weekend for NOOD..... :-(

Oh well, heres more pics!!!

More balsa work:

P1000825.jpg

The "map" for the balsa. We pre-cut all the balsa on cold days so it would be ready for glassing in when temps allowed. So, I created this lovely map of where the hell all the pieces went. This should be framed.

P1000828.jpg

A first layer of glass going on: P1000830.jpg

What I've learned from fiberglass work? Roving sucks ass. Especially when trying to epoxy it in 40-50 degree temps. That shit is like a frickin industrial sponge for epoxy. Made me appreciate the lighter cloth.

As someone who knows, you do realize you could have built a whole new boat in the same amount of time?? :lol:

A huge amount of work and it seems to be getting there.

Did Bear ever send you the pics of the Puma running block covers (oven mitts) that he stole from you guys??

MS

There's always work on my boat to do when you are all finished making yours look so sweet. Keep it up! You guys are rockin it out.

What I've learned from fiberglass work? Roving sucks ass. Especially when trying to epoxy it in 40-50 degree temps. That shit is like a frickin industrial sponge for epoxy. Made me appreciate the lighter cloth.

What a job... is there much of the original boat left at this point?

Yeah, I found that the spreaders worked great with WR but were crap with chopped strand mat. The cloth is nice to work with, but you need lots of layers for the same strength -- and it's expensive. Might as well use the CSM and WR, and save the cloth for the final layer.

I rigged-up a compressor this winter and taught myself how to vacuum bag. Easy-peasy, and the other benefit is that it uses less epoxy 'cause you can get better resin distribution. Put the top layer on just a little dry and the vacuum will squeeze the resin up and distribute everything nicely. I still need to fix my cockpit floor, and at least now I have a strategy.

Are you guys doing anything other than working on the boat 24 hours/day for the next week?

Reading this post just brought back some warm memories of the shit we had to do to the boat this winter/spring. Just make sure you take the time to make it right, but it looks like you're on the right track. We finished the deck 2 weeks ago and it looks beautiful. Topsides done last weekend and this weekend we're remounting the hardware.

See everyone for the Windsor, this whole not sailing thing sucks and it'll be great to get back out there..

post-395-1212007209_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I found that the spreaders worked great with WR but were crap with chopped strand mat. The cloth is nice to work with, but you need lots of layers for the same strength -- and it's expensive. Might as well use the CSM and WR, and save the cloth for the final layer.

I rigged-up a compressor this winter and taught myself how to vacuum bag. Easy-peasy, and the other benefit is that it uses less epoxy 'cause you can get better resin distribution. Put the top layer on just a little dry and the vacuum will squeeze the resin up and distribute everything nicely. I still need to fix my cockpit floor, and at least now I have a strategy.

Are you guys doing anything other than working on the boat 24 hours/day for the next week?

Still lots of the original boat left, just not on the deck. Inner skin of both hull and deck is kevlar, so guess which cracks first during a Michigan winter? Thank God the hull isn't a balsa core. This thing would be ready for the chainsaw if it was.

Here's an idea of the amount of tools a boat like this requires:

An entire auto tech inventory, including air tools, micrometers/calipers, impact sockets, specialty drivers, tap and die kits, etc. Carried to the boat every weekend in multiple tool bags.

Craftsman Professional 1.8HP 25 gallon air compressor. Horizontal tank. 120V/15A 5.8 SCFM @ 90psi

Makita 14.4v drill and impact gun kit. Dewalt 12v drill. Makita 7.2v LiIon impact screwdriver.

Sanding tools including a Hutchins inline air file, Hutchins hand longboard, Soft Sanders low density sanding blocks (2 sets), A ginormous kit of Durablock high density sanding blocks, Porter Cable DA sanders (currenty on #6), a belt sander, 2 Fein Multimaster sets, 2 sandblasters, and more sandpaper than you can imagine.

Miscellaneous tools such as: Ryobi shop vac, Mac Tools industrial heat gun, hand impact, Drill Doctor, mini torch, butane soldering gun, Highline electrical connector kit, well over a dozen boxes of latex gloves, vacuum fluid exchanger, circular saw, jigsaw, etc.

Heaters: 35,000 BTU ReddyHeater kerosene forced air. 2 electric milkhouse heaters.

We've also used at least 7 gallons of West Systems epoxy since Burnsy bought the boat.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

Shife, I checked out the Kiwi Grip site, it seems like it's just like rolled out gelcoat.

Have you seen it up close?

Shife, I checked out the Kiwi Grip site, it seems like it's just like rolled out gelcoat.

Have you seen it up close?

No, I haven't seen it up close yet. Had a lot of people recommend it so we thought we'd give it a try.

Still lots of the original boat left, just not on the deck. Inner skin of both hull and deck is kevlar, so guess which cracks first during a Michigan winter? Thank God the hull isn't a balsa core. This thing would be ready for the chainsaw if it was.

Here's an idea of the amount of tools a boat like this requires:

An entire auto tech inventory, including air tools, micrometers/calipers, impact sockets, specialty drivers, tap and die kits, etc. Carried to the boat every weekend in multiple tool bags.

Craftsman Professional 1.8HP 25 gallon air compressor. Horizontal tank. 120V/15A 5.8 SCFM @ 90psi

Makita 14.4v drill and impact gun kit. Dewalt 12v drill. Makita 7.2v LiIon impact screwdriver.

Sanding tools including a Hutchins inline air file, Hutchins hand longboard, Soft Sanders low density sanding blocks (2 sets), A ginormous kit of Durablock high density sanding blocks, Porter Cable DA sanders (currenty on #6), a belt sander, 2 Fein Multimaster sets, 2 sandblasters, and more sandpaper than you can imagine.

Miscellaneous tools such as: Ryobi shop vac, Mac Tools industrial heat gun, hand impact, Drill Doctor, mini torch, butane soldering gun, Highline electrical connector kit, well over a dozen boxes of latex gloves, vacuum fluid exchanger, circular saw, jigsaw, etc.

Heaters: 35,000 BTU ReddyHeater kerosene forced air. 2 electric milkhouse heaters.

We've also used at least 7 gallons of West Systems epoxy since Burnsy bought the boat.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

Bottle opener?

Hey you Ghettowave heros.

Love the attitude, even though if I had a boatyard full of you guys I'd be out of a job. Fortunately, my customers aren't as skilled, dedicated and fiscally conservative (cheap) as y'all are.

Your upcoming schedule reminds me a lot of a similar project I was involved with a few (17) years ago. When we left the dock for "the big regatta" we had running lights and 50 watts per channel. 50 miles later we had 200 watts per channel, but the DFO (the engineer on the project) had crapped out as a result of being awake for 50 or so hours. When the Loran overheated and quit we simply unplugged it and brought it up in the 50 foot visability fog for an hour or so. Worked a treat! By the time we got there, the Okams were up and we'd won the Eisenhower Cup.

Any of y'all remember Ed and Ike?

The best part is that while I was reading your post that new Tom Petty song was in the background. You know, the one with his old band, with the lyrics "I don't scare easy. I don't fall apart when I'm under the gun"? It was made for you guys.

Onya.

Bottle opener?

Antique Coca Cola. Yet to be bolted to the galley. My dad picked it up for us.

This just in: Burnsy and Ziggy are at the boat right now putting the primer on.

Damn... Just been informed that cleaning/prep took longer than hoped, so painting has been delayed until tomorrow.

:blink: Fuck me....for all that work did you guys should have installed a fucking torpedo launcher..at least a built in cooler for the cockpit

. . .or maybe just replace the whole deck? I've seen it done on bigger boats.

. . .or maybe just replace the whole deck? I've seen it done on bigger boats.

Our balls don't clang as loud as yours.

BTW: My sister was looking for you today. I told her you were probably a bit busy this week.

I'm willing to bet that the beer tastes pretty sweet on Heatwave.

Yea, the roving is nice for strength and thickness. I highly recommend always putting a layer of the thinner cloth as the top layer tho. It makes for a nice smooth surface when done and a heck of alot easier on the sanders. The stiff edges of the roving were eating thru the sanding pads like butter.

Another crappy thing about the roving is trying to cut small pieces of that shit - it just falls apart!!

So perhaps we were a bit ambitious last night to expect the deck to be primered. It took damn near an hour just to get a fricken bolt into the bow pulpit. Its always the things you think will be quick.....

Finished up the sanding, cleaned her with solvent and washed her all down. Burnsy heading down early this AM to get it taped up and hopefully primered. Either way, we are also heading down there later again today to primer/paint. I sent him with my camera and expect at least a few phone pix this morning....

I predict she will actually be one color by the weekend! :rolleyes:

After five years of agonizing work, the deck of the HeatWave is about to get a new paintjob. In light of this accomplishment, it has been decided that the boat needs it's own thread.

GPS Shitfight

having read the gps shitfit thread, Im surprised no one menbtioned that the very cheapest way of splitting the GPS feed to the PC AND the DSC radio is a terminal block.. DSC only needs to know where it is so a simple cable splice on the transmit & signal ground on the cable formt he GPS will work fine. unelss of course you want to use soem of the more exotic DSC radios which automatically transmit the DSC casualties position to your plotter.

if you need to do that then you need to go down the route of a multiplexer. try brookhouseonline.com

for NMEA installations you can only have one talker per serial In, but you can have many listeners (effectively the limit is around 4 without soem form of amplification or booster)

every time you want to merge two or more data streams then you need a multiplexer on that channel, you can get multiplexers thats will merges 4 or 5 channels into one stream.

so GPS ->Plotter, ->Instruments ->DSC radio.. simple terminal block

GPS <-> PC, GPS ->Plotter, ->Instruments ->DSC radio.. simple terminal block (or GPS <->Plotter or GPS<->DSC)

if you need to send to the GPS from more than one device you need a mulitplexer

if you need to send from the DSC on the same channel as the GPS you need a mulitplexer or a second serial port

if you need two way on the instruments to PC AND a GPS feed you may need a mulitplexer (some plotters (NEXUS for sure) repeat/rebroadcast the GPS position in their output)

So perhaps we were a bit ambitious last night to expect the deck to be primered. It took damn near an hour just to get a fricken bolt into the bow pulpit. Its always the things you think will be quick.....

Finished up the sanding, cleaned her with solvent and washed her all down. Burnsy heading down early this AM to get it taped up and hopefully primered. Either way, we are also heading down there later again today to primer/paint. I sent him with my camera and expect at least a few phone pix this morning....

I predict she will actually be one color by the weekend! :rolleyes:

You were a sexy thing before, but you've become downright infatuating lately. I read this thread for the first time at around 5:00 a.m. just before going to "sleep" and my fitful three hours in bed included a short dream of you on your hands and knees with a belt sander. Yum.

Shife, you continue to make a sister proud. :P

Those are Dad's coveralls, and I'm pretty sure he was there that day, so he ought to get a little credit.

The belt on the overalls screams 1975!

Oh, and good work on the boat.

Excellent guess. They were my Dad's EMT coveralls when he started in the fire service in the 70's.

Damn. The light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to appear. Burnsy's new custom foot brace is sure to claim a ankle or two this year.

Used to be Hawk back in the day. Lived in Florida before Burnsy owned it.

Quick comment relevant to your signature:

"Martini's (gin, not vodka, and cosmos???) are like breasts; one is too few, two are just right, and three are too many" is the original quote. To which I always respond "then just head for the menage, and enjoy four". :P

Great thread, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Damn. The light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to appear. Burnsy's new custom foot brace is sure to claim a ankle or two this year.

Paint it orange? Might help some.

Paint it orange? Might help some.

Actually, not a bad thing to do.

We painted our foot brace in the cockpit green, to match the waterline stripe as well as contrast starkly against the light grey of the deck.

Do you still trip over it? Of course. The green saves a few seconds in the "what the???!?!?!" process, so that you can quickly get right to the "damn thing!@!$#@! brace" part of the moment. :blink:

"Martini's (gin, not vodka, and cosmos???) are like breasts; one is too few, two are just right, and three are too many" is the original quote. To which I always respond "then just head for the menage, and enjoy four". :P

Cheers,

Interesting! I heard an old man co-worker say it one time after we all drank way too many cosmos at convention dinner. I like your version better ;) Of course, 4 cosmos of Bayview strength would probably put me in a coma!! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Three are too many? Nonsense!

post-1032-1212082160_thumb.jpg

After so much work, I think you need to start a new class. Not a Dehler DB1, but perhaps:

BOM (Burns-O-Meter) 105 to go with the other BOM.

Three are too many? Nonsense!

Sooooo... how long has she been working in the industrial / farm chemical industry? :o:P

Interesting! I heard an old man co-worker say it one time after we all drank way too many cosmos at convention dinner. I like your version better ;) Of course, 4 cosmos of Bayview strength would probably put me in a coma!! :rolleyes:

A coma is an understatement...

The "menage comment" is my glib response, as the more serious rule I try to adhere to is the following: Never more than two martinis, and never on back to back nights, as too much gin has kept the British Royals inbred for centuries... :D

Enjoy, and drink what you enjoy!

Yes it was Hawk - based out of NC, then sold and moved to FL.

Can anyone name the (in)famous Detroit sailors who were on the boat when Hawk snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at KWRW in the early 90s by T-boning a J27 on the starting line (the last day of racing while leading their class by 9 points)? FWIW - no one from Detroit was on the helm....

By the way I am sure most of Hawks/Heatwaves rudder issues began at that regatta after the foil abruptly left the post on the practice day....

I'm pretty sure Mike Boston was on the boat, and I believe we're still using the spinnakers he built for that race, as they have KWRW '93 written on them.

Burnsy put a crap ton of time into that rudder the 2nd or 3rd year after he bought the boat. I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

She's gettin' closer! Spaldo just sent this to me:

post-4412-1212109867_thumb.jpg

Spaldo works for AT&T, so I'll apologize for him for the shitty cell pic quality.

Why the no life line padding on the other line thing?

Not sure I'm following you, but I'll take a stab.

Padding is on the uppers and lowers in the back of the bus for the driver/main trimmer. Padding is on lowers only where the crew hikes out, and doesn't extend forward of the shrouds as our folding toe rail starts there and is about 5 inches high.

First full coat of primer finished last night!! Of course, it wasnt supposed to rain, and we wake up this morning and it did!! Hopefully the primer is ok. :(

Transom stages:

With Glass

BoatWorkMay08031.jpg

With several layers of low desity:

BoatWorkMay08033.jpg

The usual daily mess. We used that entire roll of glass and then some on this project....

BoatWorkMay08019.jpg

Boat work essentials: (there would have been beer in the pic, but I think the shife drank it all.... ;) )

BoatWorkMay08039.jpg

Not sure I'm following you, but I'll take a stab.

Padding is on the uppers and lowers in the back of the bus for the driver/main trimmer. Padding is on lowers only where the crew hikes out, and doesn't extend forward of the shrouds as our folding toe rail starts there and is about 5 inches high.

Ahh. Ouch. The boat looks great! I would like to do something like this in some time...

This ones for you Clean... its not a belt sander, but its the best I could do ;) If I werent so tired, I might have been ambitious enough to photoshop a bikini and huge tits on me....

BoatWorkMay08021.jpg

And the grand finale!!!!!!

One Color Wave!

BoatWorkMay08055.jpg

Here's a good before comparison. This was taken after all the sanding was completed and she was dusted off.

BoatWorkMay08049.jpg

Our old stairs. They pretty much just fell apart as Burnsy attempted to unscrew them. Yea, those were safe. :huh:

BoatWorkMay08027.jpg

This ones for you Clean... its not a belt sander, but its the best I could do ;) If I werent so tired, I might have been ambitious enough to photoshop a bikini and huge tits on me....

BoatWorkMay08021.jpg

And the grand finale!!!!!!

One Color Wave!

BoatWorkMay08055.jpg

Why is it all the "finished" pics are in the pitch dark? I have a few of my own like that...

Looks beautiful. I guess the ditch in the cabin trunk goes with the foot brace, right?

Cheers,

Why is it all the "finished" pics are in the pitch dark? I have a few of my own like that...

Looks beautiful. I guess the ditch in the cabin trunk goes with the foot brace, right?

Cheers,

The ditch is original - molded in storage for the spin pole.

JB, she looks awesome! What a transformation.

Drink beer!

Will

Too cool! FRONT PAGE NEWS!!! Just glad Clean didn't decide to use the pic of Kosmonaut Shife. Go the Wave...

WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAV

E...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...

WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE

...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...W

AVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE.

..WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WA

VE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE..

.WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAV

E...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...

WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE

...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...W

AVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE.

..WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WA

VE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE..

.WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAV

VE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...

The ditch is original - molded in storage for the spin pole.

Interesting idea, but it's not flush everywhere... is it in the way very often? Or do you hardly notice it?

Go the Heatwave!

Too cool! FRONT PAGE NEWS!!! Just glad Clean didn't decide to use the pic of Kosmonaut Shife. Go the Wave...

WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAV

VE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...WAVE...

great post. the new cone.