Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

More Crazy-Ass Weather on Day 2

Well, at least I grabbed some interviews to occupy you for a little while. Of course you can feel free to browse the Girls of Porto Cervo thread in the meantime. Funny part about that is that more folks have read that thread than the racing yesterday...and I'M the pervert?

Here's the Volvo hospitality tent and IMCA Class President Gunter Teschlock.

This hasn't been as interactive an OTW Anarchy report as usual - feel free to post your own information if you find anything interesting on the web - updated results, other reports, and any of the dozens of team blogs out there are great info, and it'll help us out if you help find it. Cheers, and thanks.

Here's yotting journo Justin Chisholm, trimmer aboard Barbarians lying in fifth.

Brian Janney (a/k/a boyscout) on crewing for a newbie owner. The owner of Storm brought the scout and Brian Hutchinson over to get him up to speed for his first worlds - good choices!

Some aimless dock wandering, looking for eye candy and interviewees.

Stefano, trimmer off of leading boat Pilot Italia, talks about the racing and their chances.

Warning is on, 5 knots of breeze, we'll get you the action as it comes.

That's two general recalls! Waiting for the third, and thinking we might be looking at the black flag of death...

Wind is now dying a hot and languishing death. Start vids and pics coming.

First and Second General Recall for Race 3

Still in postponement, temp is up to 80 degrees or more, when four hours ago it was 60, pissing down rain.

They're sending us in to await possible signals ashore. Our driver, longtime local capitano Eduardo, says "I dona think theres a wind today."

I'll see about getting some interviews after I track down some beer.

From the official site: At 1512, the race committee signaled AP over Alpha indicating there will be no further racing today.

Some photos and an interview with Norwegian Nina, a blonde beauty owner/tactician of a boat that couldn't make it down, as well as some film boats coming in. and a few more. and a few more.

And the endless procession of boats...yes, we were that bored.

Just bummed that there wasn't more action. Yesterday was sort of annoying, with whacked out conditions, and today a sunbathing day. Forecast is for more light tomorrow, then the possibility of a Mistral on Wednesday if we're very lucky.