Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

What Is It?

It's been a while since we've done one of these, and this one looks to be a good candidate. Again, the first correct, complete answer wins something. Not sure what, but something. This contest is brought to you by our newest advertiser, Predict Wind. Have at it and have fun!

07/11/08

what_is_it_7_11.jpg

New 40'er out of Robert Hicks in Williamstown.

It'll be interesting how it'll go. Totally different setup to most.

We'll lets see...there's a ute with a cattle/sheep/kangaroo catcher, they look cold

30 ft. boat with a prod. southern hemisphere

The photo has been edited to eliminate the sign that said "Western Trucking" with a phone number according to the following format: xxxx-xxxx with no area code type prefix.

Judging by that and the warm clothing I'm guessing this is somewhere down in NZ, maybe S. Africa.

I was going to say King 40 but thats not right, nor is Ker 39. The twin wheels help somewhat, but.....

New Hick 40 for Melbourne owner. Built in Williamstown, Vic, Australia. Currently boat is on the hard at Royals (RYCV) in Williamstown waiting for the mast! Boat was co-designed between Robert Hick and Peter Dusting.

Check out their very basic web site: www.hickmarine.com.au

A lead mine missing its lead.

wonder wonder one of these again..

last time I said Corsair 50 in Vietnam and still didnt win anything ... ah right the Ed went MTB-iking or something and forgot about the little contest ...lol

thor

It's been a while since we've done one of these, and this one looks to be a good candidate. Again, the first correct, complete answer wins something. Not sure what, but something. This contest is brought to you by our newest advertiser, Predict Wind. Have at it and have fun!

07/11/08

Hick 40

new mills 43 for delivery to the US in time for key west. i believe the owners old boat was a j29 called cool breeze. its being built in england.

It's my new custom MacGregor 34X that I commissioned.

No boat is easier to sail. You can learn to sail in an afternoon. Pick a nice day with a light breeze. Take the boat to the water, launch it, fill the ballast tank and buzz around with the engine until you get the hang of it. It is no tougher than driving a car. Then set the mainsail and let the wind provide some of the power. Keep the engine running at idle to get you out of any tight places. An hour or so of this and you will have a pretty good idea of how it all works. When you are comfortable using the mainsail, raise the jib. An afternoon like this and you will be fairly accomplished.

To learn to sail is easy. Each MacGregor sailboat comes with a 37 page owners guide, filled with photographs and instructions, for the initial rigging of the boat, and for every phase of its operation and maintenance. It includes a well illustrated section on how to sail.

I figure 3 or 4 hours of practice and I'll be ready for the next TransPac! :P

07/11/08

Not sure I want a prize from a company with that name - I'll sit it out! :lol:

It is a 44 feet shorthanded day cruiser Stella Filante built by Galetti, Italy.

A Luca Brenta design

:)

New Hick 40 for Melbourne owner. Built in Williamstown, Vic, Australia. Currently boat is on the hard at Royals (RYCV) in Williamstown waiting for the mast! Boat was co-designed between Robert Hick and Peter Dusting.

It is the new Hick 40 everyone (at RYCV), and especially Peter Dusting and team have been waiting on, note the Vicroads Sign just above the bow. It's supposed to rate slightly lower than a Sydney 38 and to be sailed by 3-4 people.

It is the new Hick 40 everyone (at RYCV), and especially Peter Dusting and team have been waiting on, note the Vicroads Sign just above the bow. It's supposed to rate slightly lower than a Sydney 38 and to be sailed by 3-4 people.

Damn, looks like it will murder a Sydeny 38 on the track so if it rates in that ball park it will be a force to reckon with!!!

Fixed keel or another canting keel flop?

it's a Brenta 38. It cannot be a Brenta 42 because judging from the men the length seems to be 10m, not 12.5.

But it's not build in Italy at Adriasail shipyard as the other ones, because you cannot wear that suits in July in Italy (assuming the boat is new) and cars have different number plates

it's a Brenta 38. It cannot be a Brenta 42 because judging from the men the length seems to be 10m, not 12.5.

But it's not build in Italy at Adriasail shipyard as the other ones, because you cannot wear that suits in July in Italy (assuming the boat is new) and cars have different number plates

:blink:

If that's really your first, that's a nice post...fuck off and welcome to SA

Might want to enlighten a few deluded bods who think it's Nth hemisphere photo time...looks Hick(ish) to me...hope it's better built than some of the others I've been on if you're right

40?

If I look at the plebs and scale them to under 6' (the normal size around Williamstown) am guessing that boat is about 36 max.

Perhaps the erection?

If that's really your first, that's a nice post...fuck off and welcome to SA

Might want to enlighten a few deluded bods who think it's Nth hemisphere photo time...looks Hick(ish) to me...hope it's better built than some of the others I've been on if you're right

Exactly. How many roo bars would you see in the Northern Hemisphere?

40?

If I look at the plebs and scale them to under 6' (the normal size around Williamstown) am guessing that boat is about 36 max.

Perhaps the erection?

Got the same- about 35' overall, not including the doinkus.

07/11/08

brenta 30?

One thing for sure, it is not nearly as sexy as the new Problem Child. (Editor: You are going to like her. Saw her out of the shed this weekend and she is dead sexy)

I can't believe none of you Melbournians or Aussies picked up on the Vic Roads sign on the right hand side of the shed entrance.? Vic Roads means Victoria, Australia. And that means HICK.! Sorry, just in case it wasn't a majority decision.? LOL

Who said thanks to Luca Brenta.? You gotta be kidding me, a Hick design would never go anywhere near a Luca Brenta, they would be opposite ends of the scale.! No disrespect intended to either.!

Are you actually gonna let anybody know if the got it this time, unlike the last two you put up?

It looks suspiciously like a Volvo, even with the bull bar.

If they moved that boat out of the way I'd have better idea.

How many Hicks have teak decks and a gap at the edge of the cabin trunk? Looks Brenta 38ish to me, but for the prod.

07/11/08

Looks something from Brenta

Hey Terra, in case you missed it

It looks suspiciously like a Volvo, even with the bull bar.

If they moved that boat out of the way I'd have better idea.

I'll go for a Subaru ... or Toyota ... yeh it's a Toyota .. or a Subaru

Pfffft, Volvo??? Subi????? whhaaaaat????

It's actually a 1987-1993 Nissan Patrol or Ford Maverick (same thing!)

HELLO..! Read the logic.! The Shed says VIC ROADS.! Vic Roads is farkin Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, LIKE HICK Territory. End of discussion..!!!!

HICK Farkin HICK..!

HICK..!

MELBOURNE..!

VICTORIA..!

AUSTRALIA..!

ED said let it farkin go...........................................................

LOL really LOL

DUMB Farks.. Read the sign on the shed , it says VIC ROADS like Terra told u before.

HICK. Byt the way don't go to the HICK website, it's the worst farkin site ever developed.

WWW.HICKMARINE.COM.AU

How many Hicks have teak decks and a gap at the edge of the cabin trunk? Looks Brenta 38ish to me, but for the prod.

The thread topic is "What" is it, not "Where" is it. Why it is where it is, I know not. But from the Hicks website, I don't see any boats with teak decks and a gap around the base of the cabin trunk, like the Brenta 38s. Custom Brenta 38, modified by Hicks?

It's actually a 1987-1993 Nissan Patrol or Ford Maverick (same thing!)

No WAY is it. Not high enough off the ground.

The thread topic is "What" is it, not "Where" is it. Why it is where it is, I know not. But from the Hicks website, I don't see any boats with teak decks and a gap around the base of the cabin trunk, like the Brenta 38s. Custom Brenta 38, modified by Hicks?

You are a very dumb fark. Sorry Rosieberg.! The HICK wesbite is not really a website, I think the message is clear, you were told in the last 2-3 posts. The sign on the shed says VIC roads. For anyone who doesn't know what that means, it means MELBOURNE.! Like Hello.?

In Melbourne there are only a handful of boat builders ROSIE.! Hart Marine in Mornington, but Mal Hart says no, not one of his boats.! After that it don't reallly matter because at least 10-15 people have already identified it as a HICK design.

Now ROSIE if youd like to keep the guessing going , fine, it's a Custom Brenta modified by HICK, sorry Hickup Hickup.

You are a very dumb fark. Sorry Rosieberg.! The HICK wesbite is not really a website, I think the message is clear, you were told in the last 2-3 posts. The sign on the shed says VIC roads. For anyone who doesn't know what that means, it means MELBOURNE.! Like Hello.?

In Melbourne there are only a handful of boat builders ROSIE.! Hart Marine in Mornington, but Mal Hart says no, not one of his boats.! After that it don't reallly matter because at least 10-15 people have already identified it as a HICK design.

Now ROSIE if youd like to keep the guessing going , fine, it's a Custom Brenta modified by HICK, sorry Hickup Hickup.

GOLD GOLD GOLD.

No sorry, how about a silver Brenta modified by HICK?

Sorry suckers, check the waterline stripe.!!! Doo Darr.. Don't be telling me a BRENTA paints his boats all fucked up with a crooked waterline. Seriously have a look at the waterline paint stripe. It's is seriously fucked. Now believe what u want team , whoever did that was seriously cheap.

It aint sayin no more on dar grounds it could incriminate me dumb arse..

He He Hickup.... Too much Bourbon.

I bow to your superior knowledge of the location.

You are a very dumb fark. Sorry Rosieberg.!

IAfter that it don't reallly matter because at least 10-15 people have already identified it as a HICK design.

And by the way, fark yourself as well. I really don't care what 10-15 people have to say. None of them chimed in to answer my question about whether the Hicks boats have teak decks or a gap around the base of the cabin trunk. Those 10-15 people could be 180 degrees off. If you want to follow them over the reef, have at it.

As I said, I don't care where it is, because the question turns on what it is. It sure looks like a modified Brenta 38 to me.

I can't believe none of you Melbournians or Aussies picked up on the Vic Roads sign on the right hand side of the shed

why spoil the fun ..Phil nailed it in post #3

the rest has been pure entertainment and leaves you wondering whether Aussie english doesn't translate through a computer screen. fackin hilarious.

Do not hope for Luctor yachts, if I understood it rightly, no boats will be build.

Cabintop and color are wrong but the hull/prod look like the new Problem Child.

HICK HICK HICK ................................................................................

.................................................................................

........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe all the dumb arses that are still guessing? LOL

And by the way, fark yourself as well. I really don't care what 10-15 people have to say. None of them chimed in to answer my question about whether the Hicks boats have teak decks or a gap around the base of the cabin trunk. Those 10-15 people could be 180 degrees off. If you want to follow them over the reef, have at it.

As I said, I don't care where it is, because the question turns on what it is. It sure looks like a modified Brenta 38 to me.

You are a stubborn Son of a Rosenberg aren't you? Where it is dictates what it is you dill..! But your joking right? You couldn't be that dumb.

It's a Miedieke 48, it just looks small because of the cold.

Everything is electric and the batteries are in the keel. The software on this boat is amazing. Everything is electronic and the winches are powered.

I'm very envious.

Everything is electric and the batteries are in the keel. The software on this boat is amazing. Everything is electronic and the winches are powered.

I'm very envious.

WTF..? You need mental medication immediately. Speak to Sol Rosenberg, you can share the tablets..! LOL

Is it a J-105?

I'm very envious.

Take your pills imediately Walrus, you are in serious need of medication.! Here ya go me boy..! LOL

post-29337-1215867456_thumb.jpg

You are a stubborn Son of a Rosenberg aren't you? Where it is dictates what it is you dill..! But your joking right? You couldn't be that dumb.

Yawn. Engage in illiterate personal attacks all you want, it will still look like a Brenta 38 (with a prod and one other visible mod) to me.

Yawn. Engage in illiterate personal attacks all you want, it will still look like a Brenta 38 (with a prod and one other visible mod) to me.

Mine eyes have seen the glory and it looks like what it is, a Hick custom one-off 40' and yes, it has teak decks. The new Envy for Pete Dusting & Co out of RYCV, Williamstown, the pre-eminent suburb of Melbourne in Australia. On water results eagerly awaited.

The supply of silver paint to the boatbuilding industry seems to be neverending.

BTW, wotsit rate? Is it another Hick AMS bandit or will this one trouble the IRC scorers too?

Hey ref, please stop the fight before someone gets hurt here! No further correspondence need be entered into.

Take your pills imediately Walrus, you are in serious need of medication.! Here ya go me boy..! LOL

Dude...........thats not a walrus :lol: ............here's a walrus or two

post-24653-1215878580_thumb.jpgpost-24653-1215878626_thumb.jpg

BTW cool overalls

Mine eyes have seen the glory and it looks like what it is, a Hick custom one-off 40' and yes, it has teak decks. The new Envy for Pete Dusting & Co out of RYCV, Williamstown, the pre-eminent suburb of Melbourne in Australia. On water results eagerly awaited.

The supply of silver paint to the boatbuilding industry seems to be neverending.

BTW, wotsit rate? Is it another Hick AMS bandit or will this one trouble the IRC scorers too?

Hey ref, please stop the fight before someone gets hurt here! No further correspondence need be entered into.

Hurt? Nobody is going to get hurt here! I think this is funny as hell. It was not my intention to piss anyone off, but someone clearly is not happy about the comparison. If the ad department is pissed about having their baby compared to a Brenta 38, don't build a boat that looks like a B38! I noticed that nobody told me I was nuts and the boat looks nothing like a B38. But your word on it is good enough for me.

As for the others, try

! Best wishes for the fastest B38-lookalike on the water.

I know what it is. It's another contest the Ed isn't going to answer

i have been away, what was the answer to the last one ie the one that most people though was an FT. tried to search but couldnt find

why spoil the fun ..Phil nailed it in post #3

the rest has been pure entertainment and leaves you wondering whether Aussie english doesn't translate through a computer screen. fackin hilarious.

C'mon Ed, send Phil his winnings!

I must admit I've had my eye on this one for a little while now.

The owner is an old Adams10 adversary of mine.

I was at his place whilst he was doing the drawing for the coach house.

Yes the boat has twin wheels, yes there are teak decks.

What I'm waiting for is to how the sheeting system works.

Hopefully PD will let me have a steer sometime.

Hurt? Nobody is going to get hurt here! I think this is funny as hell. It was not my intention to piss anyone off, but someone clearly is not happy about the comparison. If the ad department is pissed about having their baby compared to a Brenta 38, don't build a boat that looks like a B38! I noticed that nobody told me I was nuts and the boat looks nothing like a B38. But your word on it is good enough for me.

As for the others, try

! Best wishes for the fastest B38-lookalike on the water.

Sol, We love yer man.! You are heaps of fun. Be cool....!

Sol, We love yer man.! You are heaps of fun. Be cool....!

This place is too much fun. I often get in trouble for speaking my mind; I once told two new parents that their kid looked like Rodney Dangerfield. They did't like that very much, but I'll be damned if the little guy wasn't a Rodney.

But that boat is no Rodney, I'll grant you that. Very nice.

I must admit I've had my eye on this one for a little while now.

The owner is an old Adams10 adversary of mine.

I was at his place whilst he was doing the drawing for the coach house.

Yes the boat has twin wheels, yes there are teak decks.

What I'm waiting for is to how the sheeting system works.

Hopefully PD will let me have a steer sometime.

[/qu

post-2116-1216031968_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you need a couple of these

New 40'er out of Robert Hicks in Williamstown.

It'll be interesting how it'll go. Totally different setup to most.

Mr. Hick claims you are the winner. PM me!

Shit, I just gotta stop going sailin" - out in a "Best boat ever built" havin" me some fun, and when I get back to the "bucket of bolts" I find all the fun I've been missin".

Sol - I like your style, your right, no one gave you a direct reply, but that didn't stop throwing out ya chin - Good one.

My guess - forgetting the road signs is in sinc with a lot of others. It is a Hick built / PD Design somewhat loosely around the Luca Brenta with some Southern Hemispere alterations, complete with some teak here and there and a somewhat crooked waterline stripe - which in real view is not crooked and a nice dose of pretty silver paint.

There - now having covered everything, please send the bootie all to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without incrimination - as was the case the oceansailor - I do hope that it performs better than earlier model Hicks and that it is some what tougher than other boats.

Otherwise - an other boat to copy, if you really want to go fast - why not try a 30 year old design from old Uncle Joe and make it about 10 metres long.

Now there a thought - if you can't beat em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha

"...somwhat loosely built around the Luca Brenta..."

...including the original paint I am afraid. The prod is extra, yeah, otherwise they might have to start thinking of sepuku...