Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.J. Porter

Duncan's Ride?

I assume on Bounder, his ride at BIRW?

They're sitting op top of PHRF Six.

Guest echo @home

Well, I don't know who Duncan is but if he is on the Sydney 36, he is taking your boat and my boat to the cleaners(sister ships that is), plus my home boys on the SR33 from NC. Must be the sweet new rating...

The 36.7 "Winds of Freedom" is the Beneteau factory owned boat but the sailmaker from Neil Pryde is the skipper. I know the sails were toast when i raced on it two years. I can't inagine how bad they are now. You would think if the Mother Ship was going campaign a boat they would pony up for some decent sails. I know NP can make them...

Well, I don't know who Duncan is but if he is on the Sydney 36, he is taking your boat and my boat to the cleaners(sister ships that is), plus my home boys on the SR33 from NC. Must be the sweet new rating...

The 36.7 "Winds of Freedom" is the Beneteau factory owned boat but the sailmaker from Neil Pryde is the skipper. I know the sails were toast when i raced on it two years. I can't inagine how bad they are now. You would think if the Mother Ship was going campaign a boat they would pony up for some decent sails. I know NP can make them...

Duncan is "Duncan" out here - frequent SA contributer and nice guy.

Bounder was in the class before us @ BIRW - and they are nicely ahead of Le Cygne now. I think it's different guys on Le Cygne than came to BIRW on her.

Which 40.7 is yours and where are you?

Guest echo @home

I've got the 36.7 (echo) in Charlotte NC. I haven't been on SA long enough to know the regulars. The 36.7s aren't making me proud :(

I haven't been on SA long enough to know the regulars. The 36.7s aren't making me proud  :(

....Let's see..... the 'Griz' 36.7 hasn't been sailing since October, the people on some other boat are from Japan and don't seem to know what to do with the Americans, and the other boat was poorly sailed from the beginning - I think they sucked last year too.

36.7's a great boat - dickie don't own one, yet, but have sailed them a'plenty.

thanks BJ- just 1 bad rounding- kite got wet

the bow guy is a god & all the crew are great guys n gals

Le Cygene was a great boat, Bird o War came on strong & we partied with the Apparition guys- a great week

cheers-

duncan

thanks BJ- just 1 bad rounding- kite got wet

the bow guy is a god & all the crew are great guys n gals

I wouldn't go THAT far... Thanks though--with great support, it makes my job easy!

can we get that jib on stb? hmm ok prt..nah- back to stdb

douse the kite!

.....And Brian and Duncan met Grinder. Might'a been a little hazy though....Drinking rum outta the glass trophy...

.....And Brian and Duncan met Grinder.  Might'a been a little hazy though....Drinking rum outta the glass trophy...

whats up boss- many nights were hazy, but that was a big bowl

its 20deg here now- why did we leave?

and shouts out to hollywood- bastard hit 20kts on some days- we saw them in a wild ride back in on sunday w/a nice breeze- yeeeha

Guest DHFiend

Duncan/Brian

Good job at KWRW - after reading all the crap being flung around about something you guys had no influence over I was curious as to who was sailing with you guys. I use to race out of the Great Lakes and think have pieced together who was on the boat but am curious to know. Heard you also updated the sail inventory, which brand?

Thanks

Yeah, going thru cold weather withdrawl here in Chicago. We have Strictly Sail show this weekend though. That helps a little. See you guys this summer.

Duncan/Brian

Good job at KWRW - after reading all the crap being flung around about something you guys had no influence over I was curious as to who was sailing with you guys. I use to race out of the Great Lakes and think have pieced together who was on the boat but am curious to know. Heard you also updated the sail inventory, which brand?

Thanks

New main and #1 are 3DL, the others are Quantum. Boat also got a #2 out of the old heavy 1--that made a HUGE difference this year.

For crew there were 3 original Bounder guys, 3 original Burden guys (2 who are on Bounder next season, I am most probably moving to Europe for a couple years for work), 2 from NY (inlcuding Duncan), and a gal from San Fran.

What did you race in the Lakes?

.....And Brian and Duncan met Grinder. Might'a been a little hazy though....Drinking rum outta the glass trophy...

It was nice to put a face to the name--nice to meet you. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch up with the Other Mongo...

Other Mongo fag was hangin out w/ his Swan buddies. Whilst we were chugging rum, he was enjoying a nice home cooked meal. Dunno which is better.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the info Duncan.

I raced with your sailmaker with the Smoke program and Stripes for many years.