Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thadbrej

Is anyone else sick of this foiling shit?

Title says it all....enough already.

Can't they have their own forum so that I don't have to weed through all this foiling crap to get to the worthwhile discussions?

Can't they have their own forum so that I don't have to weed through all this foiling crap to get to the worthwhile discussions?

Fuck of Newbie!

There is nothing wrong with stuff on foiling. It is simply Doug Lord that is the problem. There have been some really good threads on foiling, which is part of the dinghy scene.

If you don't like the foiling stuff, don't open the thread! It's not difficult!

Fuck OFF newbie.....OFF, God Damn It!...It's fuck OFF newbie.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

For the percentage of dinghy sailors in the world that foil, the foiling content on this forum is disproportionate.

I think that the foiling Moths are cool as shit.

But everytime I breeze through the topics, I find too many "People's Foiler" this, and "Can I put foils on a piece of crap" that.

Just wanted to see if anyone shared my feelings.

There is a poll on this subject going at the moment. There are so many foiling threads at the moment because Doug Lord starts about 4 different threads on the subject a week. I just noticed there are 5 different threads trying to get rid of Doug at the moment.

Its a shame really cause there are people doing some cool shit but wont post it on here because of Doug

==============================

What are they afraid of? The vicious personal attacks initiated by people that don't have a clue-"discussion by bullshit"? The ignorant jackasses that claim to be foilers but know nothing about foiler design? I'm just one person "but there are people doing some cool shit that won't post it on here because of" me? You sure it isn't because of the dozen or so imbeciles that ridicule everything I say about foiling, the discussion by personal attack modus operandi of some, and the personal invective launched by some so-called experienced foilers if one DARES to disagree with them?? No,of course not.......

Personal Invective. Vicious personal attacks. Personal attack modus operandi. You sound like Carl D but with better spelling. Bwhahahaha!!!

FFS! as others have previously said, just ignore it, stop creating new threads about it, get the idiots with pseudonyms to give it a rest and the problem goes away.

For the percentage of dinghy sailors in the world that foil, the foiling content on this forum is disproportionate.

But everytime I breeze through the topics, I find too many "People's Foiler" this, and "Can I put foils on a piece of crap" that.

Trying to control disproportionate percentages is offensive and a lot worse than the constant, persistent, repeated content crap! If you don't like the foiling content ignore it - otherwise fuck OFF newbie.

What are they afraid of? The vicious personal attacks initiated by people that don't have a clue-"discussion by bullshit"? The ignorant jackasses that claim to be foilers but know nothing about foiler design? I'm just one person "but there are people doing some cool shit that won't post it on here because of" me? You sure it isn't because of the dozen or so imbeciles that ridicule everything I say about foiling, the discussion by personal attack modus operandi of some, and the personal invective launched by some so-called experienced foilers if one DARES to disagree with them?? No,of course not.......

Actually, you have scared off many of the foilers because they are fed up with you telling them they don't know what they are talking about. They are also fed up with you copy and pasting from their blogs, using their photos and misrepresenting what they say. And they are fed up with being called idiots and ignorant jackasses. So far, you have insulted and called a liar at least 4 of the top 10 Moth sailors and I know of at least 3 more who won't post on here because they don't want to have any contact at all with you. Those same people have stopped posting on boatdesign.net because of you. In fact, you have done more to stifle good discussion of foiling than anybody else.

In fact, you have done more to stifle good discussion of foiling than anybody else.

:lol: Hes pretty much doing the exact oppisite of what he is trying to do! He has probably turned more people off foiling then he has converted!

I have foil on the rabbit ears of my telly. It's some pretty cool stuff. How does it help on a dinghy?

RD

No you name was the only one mentioned, I wont quote the email I recived as it was not very flattering of you and I dont want to lower myself to personal insults in a public forum, infact the person who sent the email wouldnt either, enough said

No you name was the only one mentioned, I wont quote the email I recived as it was not very flattering of you and I dont want to lower myself to personal insults in a public forum, infact the person who sent the email wouldnt either, enough said

As dougie's a wanker, I'm sure that the SA world would like a laugh.

If you really get the shits with DL then please post the email.

Dougie's a lowlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The top 7 threads are now to do with foiling... Its like an epidemic... :huh:

post-12639-1221390154_thumb.jpg

Actually, you have scared off many of the foilers because they are fed up with you telling them they don't know what they are talking about. They are also fed up with you copy and pasting from their blogs, using their photos and misrepresenting what they say. And they are fed up with being called idiots and ignorant jackasses. So far, you have insulted and called a liar at least 4 of the top 10 Moth sailors and I know of at least 3 more who won't post on here because they don't want to have any contact at all with you. Those same people have stopped posting on boatdesign.net because of you. In fact, you have done more to stifle good discussion of foiling than anybody else.

============================

The king of misrepresentation speaks! But Simon,you are a liar,a jackass and an idiot(all proven in numerous threads) but you haven't gone away. Why is that?

Doug do you have pictures to prove it? of course not.....

Who gives a shit. Let the foilers post where they want to post. If they want to start their own forum than great. If not let it be. I enjoy reading the threads.

Who gives a shit. Let the foilers post where they want to post. If they want to start their own forum than great. If not let it be. I enjoy reading the threads.

The root problem isn't the foilers or the foiler threads, I enjoy a good foiler thread, as I'm sure most of you do, Its just that DL comes along and runes them all, most right away. He spoils every foiler thead with his personal brand of stupidity. He spoils almost evry thread with his personal brand of stupidity. Lets say we have a thread about Flying Dutchman dingys, say some company is making a new inproved FD, it will be fine for like 10-11 posts, then doug comes in and says "lets put Foils on it" well, that thread is done. Lets say someone starts a nice little thread about America's Cup Boats, well, that goes along real nice for like 10-11 posts then Doug chimes in "what about a 60' foiling moth", well that thread is done. Lets say someone (ME) starts a thread about an interesting foiler project (SR-71), it goes along alright for about 10-11 post, then Doug chimes in, I get a PM from WA to let the thread die because Dougs pressence is going to sour the project. It just happens all the time. I know this is SA, but come on, BAN THIS DOUCHBAG, before everyone get fed up and leaves. Start a foil forum, keep dinghy forum, and ban Doug from both. Doug, just start a new website or Blog, put your same 12 pics you post every day on it, jot down your pet theroies (w/sa, sa/ws, sa/rm, f-box, midships wand, bouincy pods) and go about your day. Do you not see how sad you are? build something, any boat, build a ply opti, then go sailing. leave your computer at home and go sailing. grab someone with a camera and go sailing.

I used to hate the idea of banning people on this forum but I have finally changed my mind. The only way to stop this madness is to ban Doug. Then we can revert to decent conversations about the sport we love and the boats we sail.

I theefore have a proposal. Doug should be banned until he is able to post a picture of himself sailing a foiler that is actually foiling and which he has designed and built.Models don't count. Pictures of boats with foils that aren't foiling doesn't count.

My guess is we would never hear from him again.

BAN DOUG LORD

I used to hate the idea of banning people on this forum but I have finally changed my mind. The only way to stop this madness is to ban Simon. Then we can revert to decent conversations about the sport we love and the boats we sail.

I theefore have a proposal. Simon should be banned until he is able to post a picture of himself sailing a foiler that is actually foiling and which he has designed and built.Models don't count. Pictures of boats with foils that aren't foiling doesn't count.

My guess is we would never hear from him again.

BAN SIMON

I'm tired of all this 505/FD talk. I mean who cares about mast rams and continuous traps but guess what I can skip all that shit. so shut the fuck up newbie.

I'm tired of all this 505/FD talk. I mean who cares about mast rams and continuous traps but guess what I can skip all that shit. so shut the fuck up newbie.

It doesnt matter what your sick of hearing about. 5o's, FD, and foils are just popular types of boats and people post what they want about them. (except doug lord). Its all sailing so its fine by me.

Totally agree.

Doug, you are the person that is hiolding back foiling.

Please go and sail a foiling boat and report back on what you find.

so post more shit on non-foilers...dumbass

Although I enjoy being called a dumbass by a pimple faced college kid or being told to fuck off because I haven't posted 1,000 replies bashing Doug Lord, I was merely commenting on the proliferation of foiling threads that turn into useless personal attacks against some knob (DL) who would talk about putting foils on dogshit if he could get away with it.

I have already stated that I think very highly of the guys foiling on the Moths.

If I would have know that the personal attacks would continue beyond the traditional "Fuck Off Newbie", I would not have posted anything and would have continued to navigate around the bullshit Doug Lord/Foiling threads.

You crack me up. 'Start a new forum' you say because you're too lazy to navigate around the content you don't like. Make someone else work so you don't have to. HTFU.

I apologize for my suggestion.

I didn't realize that it was such hard work to post in a topic-specific forum.

I also apologize for the others who have also recently suggested a separate Doug Lord/Foiling forum.

Why heck...maybe we are all being lazy. Let's lump Cruising Anarchy in with Dinghy Anarchy and Flying Tiger Anarchy. It's all sailing, right?

If anything does ever get sorted regarding foiling and DL, can I make a request for a back to basics foiling thread. ie foiling 101, maybe somebody doing it could contribute.

I've been out a few time and had foiling Moths screaming past at 300 knots, and i'd actually like to get some idea as to the controls you have and a bit of the background, without having to work through 50 threads and establish what is real and what is otherwise a patented possibility. How have people gone from a normal dingy into something foiling? and what?

you can resume normal foiling threadbashing now....

;)

If people dont reply to them they wouldnt multiply, if people reply because they are genuinely interested then that is fair enough but to bag out people who discuss (to the nth degree) foiling only perpetuates the problem.

If people dont reply to them they wouldnt multiply, if people reply because they are genuinely interested then that is fair enough but to bag out people who discuss (to the nth degree) foiling only perpetuates the problem.

ii agree, foiling deserves its own thread.

Actually as long as it stays civil and on topic, I love it here. The recent "Hydrofoil sections" thread is fantastic and a model of good behavior. The rest are easy to ignore uless you want to splatter your keyboard with beer and popcorn.

Now I'm sure I've just jinxed the good thread.

Its a shame really cause there are people doing some cool shit but wont post it on here because of Doug

youre an idiot. people that sail foilers, that know nothing about foiler design, are still foilers! By your logic, i'm not a driver, since i have no idea how to design automobile engines... when was the last time you competed in a sailing race, mr lord? youre not a sailor, let alone a foiler. youre universally disliked in these parts, please just go away.

we all need to put mr lord on ignore. im doing it right now... so sick of hearing people whine about this asshat. true, he really drives people away from good discussions on DA, but it shouldnt be hard to ignore this POS.

Hopefully once you ignore him, you'll be so kind as to not quote him. Many thanks!

read your own words doug, ive yet to see you ever conceed being wrong on any subject and while you've never foiled on anything but a failed prototype, your credibility pales to those that foil on a regular/daily basis.

the most intelligent folks i know are open to the idea thier ideas and theories may be flawed and if not flawed may be open to improvement, while otoh, you sit behind you monitor and claim you are the end all when it comes to foiling design...

not for nothing but i'd rather read posts from sailors, not defensive, closed minded toymakers with a chip on thier shoulder.

so far, all i've gleaned from your posts are pictures of other's success' and other's projects mixed in with the inability to acept the fact thatothers may, just may have a bit of experience in both sailing and designing foilers...

any credibility you may have had as a designer went out the window due to this attitude.... as someone who has been refining a boat for a year, i'd be stalled in my own wake if i dismissed everyone in the way you have.

take this as an independant 3rd party observation.

sometimes, being wrong and admiting it can lead to finding the best answer....your fragile ego seems to impede your progress.

my .02

read your own words doug, ive yet to see you ever conceed being wrong on any subject and while you've never foiled on anything but a failed prototype, your credibility pales to those that foil on a regular/daily basis.

the most intelligent folks i know are open to the idea thier ideas and theories may be flawed and if not flawed may be open to improvement, while otoh, you sit behind you monitor and claim you are the end all when it comes to foiling design...

not for nothing but i'd rather read posts from sailors, not defensive, closed minded toymakers with a chip on thier shoulder.

so far, all i've gleaned from your posts are pictures of other's success' and other's projects mixed in with the inability to acept the fact thatothers may, just may have a bit of experience in both sailing and designing foilers...

any credibility you may have had as a designer went out the window due to this attitude.... as someone who has been refining a boat for a year, i'd be stalled in my own wake if i dismissed everyone in the way you have.

sometimes, being wrong and admiting it can lead to finding the best answer....your fragile ego seems to impede your progress.

my .02

My, my-if I say you're full of shit I'm being defensive and why would I want to do that. However, it seems that your indictment is not based on facts-just stuff you made up.

But I guess your "righteous" indignation gives you poetic license to simply say anything,huh?

Its sorta like this: are you sure it isn't because of the dozen or so imbeciles that ridicule everything I say about foiling, the discussion by personal attack modus operandi of some, and the personal invective launched by some so-called experienced foilers if one DARES to disagree with them?? No,of course not.......

I catch shit when I am told something by one of these so called experienced foilers and I disagree with it. Instead of attempting to show me the error of my ways the general way things go is the so-called experienced foiler whines because I disagreed but then launches into a ridicule/personal attack routine. Do you think that is because- other than the first comment that I was wrong- that the so-called experienced foiler just can't EXPLAIN why I'm wrong? Huh?

Have you actually even read anything I've written?

Haha this is the funniest shit i've heard all day!

Keep up the entertainment so that when i get in from sailing most days i have something to read :rolleyes:

my .02

My, my-if I say you're full of shit I'm being defensive and why would I want to do that. However, it seems that your indictment is not based on facts-just stuff you made up.

But I guess your "righteous" indignation gives you poetic license to simply say anything,huh?

Its sorta like this: are you sure it isn't because of the dozen or so imbeciles that ridicule everything I say about foiling, the discussion by personal attack modus operandi of some, and the personal invective launched by some so-called experienced foilers if one DARES to disagree with them?? No,of course not.......

I catch shit when I am told something by one of these so called experienced foilers and I disagree with it. Instead of attempting to show me the error of my ways the general way things go is the so-called experienced foiler whines because I disagreed but then launches into a ridicule/personal attack routine. Do you think that is because- other than the first comment that I was wrong- that the so-called experienced foiler just can't EXPLAIN why I'm wrong? Huh?

Have you actually even read anything I've written?

I rest my case, offer a lil constructive criticism and you go off.

later doug.

I rest my case, offer a lil constructive criticism and you go off.

later doug.

---------------------------------

Off I go? Constructive criticism? Well I'll be damned. Now if somebody said something absolutely false about you wouldn't you respond? Maybe not....

I'm not like that.

In respect of thos who have him on ignore, please don't quote the lord.

Why what's he been saying now? Actually don't tell me.

(Doug, it's the is a difference betwen disagreeing and not accepting, or in many cases even acknowlaging, the purfectly good expainations of why you were wrong that has got you into this position. It's imposable to have a reasoned debate with you because the conversation in 99% one way. When you revert to the same argument for the 70th time people get a tad pissed off, in fact they've got so pissed off that they would prefer not to talk about the f word any where they might have to deal with the DL hype machine. What makes it worse you're the jam around which the wasps gather and no one wants to be aroud those juvenile ass hats either. You used to stimulate some interesting discussions but it's long gone past that stage.)

Why what's he been saying now? Actually don't tell me.

(Doug, it's the is a difference betwen disagreeing and not accepting, or in many cases even acknowlaging, the purfectly good expainations of why you were wrong that has got you into this position. It's imposable to have a reasoned debate with you because the conversation in 99% one way. When you revert to the same argument for the 70th time people get a tad pissed off, in fact they've got so pissed off that they would prefer not to talk about the f word any where they might have to deal with the DL hype machine. What makes it worse you're the jam around which the wasps gather and no one wants to be aroud those juvenile ass hats either. You used to stimulate some interesting discussions but it's long gone past that stage.)

---------------------

What I don't understand is why you posted on this thread-you know it accomplishes nothing, contributes nothing, means nothing. Fascinating psychology behind you gutless anono's.......

hey wookiem...you been here almost a year and have 34 posts.

I just signed on a coupled of days ago and have 12 posts.

As a matter of etiquette, am i entitled to say "fuck off newbie" to you?

Love to do it, but if I misspeak someone will be sure to tell me to fuck off (again)

hey wookiem...you been here almost a year and have 34 posts.

I just signed on a coupled of days ago and have 12 posts.

As a matter of etiquette, am i entitled to say "fuck off newbie" to you?

Love to do it, but if I misspeak someone will be sure to tell me to fuck off (again)

quality not quantity, so ... yea... fuck off

My interest is foiling and moths, So in defense of foiling threads can I suggest that you do as I do:

1. Put Doug and a few of his enemies on ignore.

2. Do not even click on our threads, just as I do to ignore all the old Flying Dutchman rebuild, cat vs skiff etc threads which are of no interest to me.

The intellectual powerhouses on this forum never cease to astonish me!

think about it. 90% of foiling threads are posted by DL. That 90% are the shit and stupid ones. so why don't we just make a Doug lord thread, where the only the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the SA population that take himseriously can talk to him if they want, and the rest can just ignore him, and the other 10% of foiling threads that arent by DL can just stay in the dinghy sailing catagory.

Doug-

A few things:

1. I will not attack you personally or use demeaning language, although I must say you really do a good job at tempting people to use it.

2. I have not commented on the foiling scene here before

3. I have been a member of this forum 3+ years and have read your commentary on foiling, CBTF etc.

4. I have sailed a Moth once(thanks to a nice guy who let me have a shot at it). I enjoyed the 2 hours of capsizing and a brief flight off the water before the wind died totally.

As a non foiler who does sail, I do feel that you take things over the top. It really does resemble an obsession when all you ever post on is foiling stuff.

I realize you may not see it this way.

Often the tone of your language is either on the attack or on the defensive using insulting language and obscenities. I find it crude and if you were right, you wouldn't have to use such means to promote your ideas. The guys here who plead with you to show a product of your designs that visably works have a point. The Wright brothers had a photo snapped of their first flight to show the world. Columbus brought back goods. Where is the proof of your ideas? I agree with others that there are foilers who would have alot to say but have left after being repeatedly insulted. If you were Paul Elvstrom(i use him only as an example of an accomplished sailor) and someone kept telling you that you are mistaken and need to change you might get irritated as well.

You must understand and be respectful of first hand knowledge. I learned alot about foiling in my 3 hours trying to fly a Moth and talking to its owner, who was enthusiastic and willing to share info when he saw that I was listening and interested in what he had to say. Was I able to put in in practice? Not really....

If you really think you are right, please back it up(in terms that people can understand) and present it respectfully. A good engineering answer will speak for itself. You don't have to insult others or shout at them to convince them its a good idea. And when people criticize your ideas, consider what they say for a moment and refine your ideas. Just as I am considering what I say as I write this and whether or not it will be an effective use of my time, you should consider what you say before posting and not post on a whim or when you are irritated/frustrated/etc.

No, we are not sick of the new US and International Moth Fleets. New developmental/experimental dinghy classes are part of the game. Grats! to all the Mothies/Mothers out there that support this up and coming fleet. Thanks to SA Fan Club for keeping us here.

Doug-

A few things:

1. I will not attack you personally or use demeaning language, although I must say you really do a good job at tempting people to use it.

2. I have not commented on the foiling scene here before

3. I have been a member of this forum 3+ years and have read your commentary on foiling, CBTF etc.

4. I have sailed a Moth once(thanks to a nice guy who let me have a shot at it). I enjoyed the 2 hours of capsizing and a brief flight off the water before the wind died totally.

As a non foiler who does sail, I do feel that you take things over the top. It really does resemble an obsession when all you ever post on is foiling stuff.

I realize you may not see it this way.

Often the tone of your language is either on the attack or on the defensive using insulting language and obscenities. I find it crude and if you were right, you wouldn't have to use such means to promote your ideas. The guys here who plead with you to show a product of your designs that visably works have a point. The Wright brothers had a photo snapped of their first flight to show the world. Columbus brought back goods. Where is the proof of your ideas? I agree with others that there are foilers who would have alot to say but have left after being repeatedly insulted. If you were Paul Elvstrom(i use him only as an example of an accomplished sailor) and someone kept telling you that you are mistaken and need to change you might get irritated as well.

You must understand and be respectful of first hand knowledge. I learned alot about foiling in my 3 hours trying to fly a Moth and talking to its owner, who was enthusiastic and willing to share info when he saw that I was listening and interested in what he had to say. Was I able to put in in practice? Not really....

If you really think you are right, please back it up(in terms that people can understand) and present it respectfully. A good engineering answer will speak for itself. You don't have to insult others or shout at them to convince them its a good idea. And when people criticize your ideas, consider what they say for a moment and refine your ideas. Just as I am considering what I say as I write this and whether or not it will be an effective use of my time, you should consider what you say before posting and not post on a whim or when you are irritated/frustrated/etc.

=========================

I appreciate your comments but I'm afraid you've missed a lot on this and other forums. If you had not missed so much you would have answers to many of your points/questions.

Sorry to say this USA, but you've just been shown just how much of a waste of bandwidth you experienced with your kindly phrased set of observations. The very same technique has been tried by many good folks here, many times in the past. Each and every attempt is met with a set of comments that totally dodges the issues as presented. In short, the targeted individual does not wish to engage in a legitimate look at his own behavior, he wants to sidestep that process and then go straight to lecturing you as to why you know nothing about what you have had to say.

You can see it in spades in the post above. The guy isn't listening. He knows more than do you and in case you didn't get that the first time, he'll say it over and over, along with repetitive and disconnected imagery and quaint "formulas" that never quite seem to hold any water after simple scrutiny.

Then he'll repeat the process all over again when he gets a brainstorm about another totally impossible boat with no relevance to the greater discussion before us.

We've pretty much gotten the collected gang here to cease interacting with him and to that end, the conflict seems to be winding down to some degree.

I wish you all the luck in the world in your reasoned pursuit of a thoughtful interaction. Most of us here feel that it is a complete impossibility, but good luck anyway.

Chris

Thanks to SA for continuing free speech, giving us a form for the International Moth Class. Developmental classes of all kinds are not only intellectual, but pro-active for all fleets and the up and coming sailors/racers to tap into.

Thanks to SA for continuing free speech, giving us a form for the International Moth Class. Developmental classes of all kinds are not only intellectual, but pro-active for all fleets and the up and coming sailors/racers to tap into.

It looks like you're new here so "Fuck off newbie"(formal initiation thing, no offence) and welcome to DA.

The lord is an interesting individual. He pretty much offends everyone so you'll have to choose how you deal with him. Every once in a while he comes up with something that has merit but mostly he does exactly what he blasts others for having done.

It looks like you're new here so "Fuck off newbie"(formal initiation thing, no offence) and welcome to DA.

The lord is an interesting individual. He pretty much offends everyone so you'll have to choose how you deal with him. Every once in a while he comes up with something that has merit but mostly he does exactly what he blasts others for having done.

Thanks! for the warm SA welcome, and no I am not new to SA, nor DA, as an advocate for Dinghy Sailing in all fleets, and the US Moth Fleet, we welcome all threads on the International Moth, here.

As to DL: he has merit

I do love how these threads all become DL disscusions. And how its DL against everyone....

Keep it up i need sumthin to read in the long evenins...

I think it is awesome that people have figured out how to make a dinghy a foiler. incredible really. 20 years ago, who would have really imagined that it would be not only a net gain, but possible at all.

I also think that a strong element of dinghy sailing is speed. So, I'm happy that we mix threads on thistles with threads on 18 footers foiling with 3 guys on a trap.

Could get kinda boring in here if all we discuss is how our sport is slowly dying in north america.

Could get kinda boring in here if all we discuss is how our sport is slowly dying in north america.

I don't think the threads with people bitchin at each other will bring anyone into the sport - most of the foiling ones turn into that immediately.

Listen, nobody holds a gun to your head to read anything to do with foiling but you still read it. Why? There is a lot of horsemanure at times but thats because you have Ignorance clashing with Technology. That causes passionate opinions to explode and it happens because this technology is sweeping over the world of sailing: Foiling 26 footer (Mirabaud),Foiling 18's(two going on three), Foiling I-14s, Foiling B14, Foiling 49er's, Foiling Moths,Foiling Windsurfers, new foiling multifoilers, new applications of the DSS "foil assist" system,Foil assist adopted by the I-14 class and on and on. There are those that think the Moth is the end all and that the difficulty associated that boat is a characteristic of bi-foiling:IT IS NOT! The surface has barely been scratched in the application of hydrofoils to dinghies(and everything else). Relax and enjoy-you might learn something.....

yes,it is a revolution

We now have multihull anarchy lets have foiling anarchy and get back to the topics appropriate to dinghy sailing here...put the foiling shit in its own spot where those of us who don't want to see it can just ignore it....as I do most post to do with foiling..."not that there is anything wrong with that"

you obviously care so how about you poney up sponsor another forum and then you can get rid of all this foiling that must bother the hell out of you.

otherwise why cant you scroll down, though I am not with doug in the revolution part. I am fairly certain moth sailing will increase the number of dinghy sailors in the US. You dont have to read about it if you dont want to

... Foiling 26 footer (Mirabaud),Foiling 18's(two going on three), Foiling I-14s, Foiling B14, Foiling 49er's, Foiling Moths,Foiling Windsurfers, new foiling multifoilers, new applications of the DSS "foil assist" system,Foil assist adopted by the I-14 class and on and on...

And there's foiling toilet paper, foiling maxi-pads, foiling pitchforks, foiling dog shit, foiling asswipes from Cocoa Beach who were pulled from the Mushroom farms in Georgia, foiling Open 60's, Foiling Queen Mary's, foiling tacos, foiling hoochey mamas from Tijuana's finest bars, foiling conquistadors at the Royal history museum, foiling foils, foiling UFO's, foiling pancakes, foiling platform shoes, foiling Dylan concert goer's, foiling breath mints, foiling fish hooks, foiling park rangers... the whole world is now foiling in the brain of one Doug Lord.

See a naked chick in a nasty magazine?..... she got there on foils, she has one up her ass and she pukes them after she visits the Lord for a "massage".

The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor... she is riding on foils. So is the Sydney Opera House. The Pharoah's Lighthouse, and the Colossus of Rhodes... yep, both foiling

Buying your girl a diamond ring for the big moment... it better be mounted on an Ilett foil or you just know she's gonna say, Bite me poser!

Salvador Dali was a foiler, so was Churchill... Stalin...? he had structural problems but he foiled in his own mind. The black kids in Africa foil and so does Castro.

Hell, just admit it, guys. The whole world is foiling except for Doug Lord and he's fully wanked by the idea to the extent that he's had a foil tattooed on his dick for the last two years. It's a growing concern and he's not concerned.

I can't fight it, so Where The Fuck Do I Sign-Up?

Did somebody say, "Tongue in Cheek"?

you obviously care so how about you poney up sponsor another forum and then you can get rid of all this foiling that must bother the hell out of you.

otherwise why cant you scroll down, though I am not with doug in the revolution part. I am fairly certain moth sailing will increase the number of dinghy sailors in the US. You dont have to read about it if you dont want to

I'm with the Explorer here ... I like following up on foiling development by people who sail dinghies with foils (with pictures), and those that build full size foilers (that actually foil). I am sick and tired of Mr. Lord, and feel he has single handedly done permanent damage to an interesting but limited potential sailing development.

I think S/A has shown bad judgment allowing Doug to continue participation based on his ongoing behavior. His negative net contribution causes more people to ignore Sailing Anarchy than to join in.

I agree that moth sailing and foiling will increase interest in sailing - I just think that the constant shit fights wreck this forum.

Neil

I agree that moth sailing and foiling will increase interest in sailing - I just think that the constant shit fights wreck this forum.

Neil

Just have to convince everyone to not comment when the shit starts slinging

I am sick and tired of Mr. Lord, and feel he has single handedly done permanent damage to an interesting but limited potential sailing development.

===========================

Its YOUR(and a handfull of others like you) behaviour that you should be ashamed of: you can't discuss the issues without resorting to personal attacks!

You're terribly afraid of the inroads being made in foiler design and the fact that class after class(now the 49er) are experimenting with hydrofoils. You're afraid you're whole world is changing and it scares you and causes you to lash out. Get over it!

pix from Access 18 site:

post-30-1229889948_thumb.jpg

Its YOUR(and a handfull of others like you) behaviour that you should be ashamed of: you can't discuss the issues without resorting to personal attacks!

If you can't take the heat, get out of the foiling kitchen, Douglas... (with all apologies to the family of Harry Truman)

The stuff you mention about other classes of boats experimenting with foiling does not constitute a revolution, Doug. It's more like a bunch of similarly arranged experiments that have a long way to go to prove their worth as a genre. I know that you've never been in combat, but take a moment to digest this fact.

Take a bunch of guys sitting in a trench with their M16's all locked and loaded. They know the enemy is out there... somewhere, and that they are pretty much out-numbered. The answer, take a series of non-aimed shots over the top of the trench parapet and hope that you can lay down enough fire to keep the bad guys at bay just long enough that a whole big gang of your buddies can come streaming into the battlefield and assume tactical control of the environment. In this case, Doug, non-aimed is very much like what is going on with the very tiny individual forays into foil use on boats other than the Int. Moth. Non-aimed in the combat sense means that you hold your weapon up over the parapet and fire indescriminantly in some direction other than at yourself, hoping to hit something. That's exactly what the other boats with foils are doing right now. They have no idea if the thing can really work, and more importantly... if it's even worth the hassle.

So, here's my suggestion to your relentlessly foaming persona... take a chill pill, quit with the hype and let things unfold as they will. Since you are doing nothing at all to further the cause save for the blowing of smoke up your own butt, recognize that you are only irritating the folks who are directly engaged, while making yourself a righteous pain in the ass. Time will show if the experiments are worthwhile, no matter what you do at your keyboard.

If you just cant fight the urge, then get your lazy ass out to the garage and do something of merit that everyone can see in photos and video clips.

Enough already

That's exactly what the other boats with foils are doing right now. They have no idea if the thing can really work, and more importantly... if it's even worth the hassle.

---------------------------

I marvel at your completely,incredibly uniformed and assine comment! You simply don't have a clue........

The whole personal attack thing was started by you in almost every case. Don't expect people to have different standards to the ones you display.

...........................................and the fact that class after class(now the 49er) are experimenting with hydrofoils.
This is where your retoric discredits you so much. The 49er class isn't experimenting with hydrofoils and it is a fact that very few classes are. the B14 class isn't, the I14 class isn't, the 18' skiff class isn't and I could continue. What is happening is that individuals are experimenting with foils and that it is totally seperate from the classes. In fact, in most cases, the classes have said they do not want foils - 18's, 14's, B14's, 49ers. And by definition, individual experimentation like this is a fringe activity and that is how it will stay.

The whole personal attack thing was started by you in almost every case. Don't expect people to have different standards to the ones you display.

...........................................and the fact that class after class(now the 49er) are experimenting with hydrofoils.
This is where your retoric discredits you so much. The 49er class isn't experimenting with hydrofoils and it is a fact that very few classes are. the B14 class isn't, the I14 class isn't, the 18' skiff class isn't and I could continue. What is happening is that individuals are experimenting with foils and that it is totally seperate from the classes. In fact, in most cases, the classes have said they do not want foils - 18's, 14's, B14's, 49ers. And by definition, individual experimentation like this is a fringe activity and that is how it will stay.

You should know better-in fact I think you do. Why the twisted BS is a mystery.....

1) Seahorse magazine says Bethwaite is developing foils for the 49er.

2) Top guys in the class are developing foils for the R Class.

3) The International 14 Class HAS ALREADY adopted hydrofoil assist-and has not ruled out full flying in the future.

4) Some guys in the B14 class are considering developing a foiler for evaluation by the class.

5) From what I hear there is a lot of interest in hydrofoil development among 18 sailors in Europe.

6) The RS600FF was born of the RS600 class and is a derivation of it..

7) There are many independent designer/developers working on foilers designed from scratch-this will produce numerous one design classes over time.

7) There are many independent designer/developers working on foilers designed from scratch-this will produce numerous one design classes over time.

So you say, Doug, but the numbers of renegade foilers out there put paid to your argument as pure drivel. If there are so many of them, then it should not be too difficult for you to provide their names, places of experimentation and their email addresses so that we can all verify their activity levels.

Don't just spew hype, Doug, produce factual evidence. In your limited lexicon, the term would be "show me the numbers!" When we can get in touch with all that you claim and make the subsequent verifications. Then we can really see just how many out there are actually taking the whole thing seriously. Until then, it shall reamin yet another of your limitless, full-of-crap, spewing sessions. Truthfully, there are just so many of these sessions of yours, that it's kinda hard to keep them sorted from one another. More, or less, a huge blur of hot air, if you will.

What's it like, anyway, to live on a diet of pure hyperbole. Is this the reason that you exhibit so many of the indications of a human that is totally constipated?

So you say, Doug, but the numbers of renegade foilers out there put paid to your argument as pure drivel. If there are so many of them, then it should not be too difficult for you to provide their names, places of experimentation and their email addresses so that we can all verify their activity levels.

Samuel Schneider

Boulder CO

Wind_apparent@yahoo.com

That's the only one I know of in the state's, so if you count Doug, that is still just one. :lol:

I thought this was funny, something from the 4m foiler thread on boatdesign.com:

Mr. Schneider challenges Doug to a race, but he of course pussies out.

(here)

You should know better-in fact I think you do. Why the twisted BS is a mystery.....

You should check your facts and not rely on your iunterpretation of what is written on the internet.

1) Seahorse magazine says Bethwaite is developing foils for the 49er. It is Frank who is doing this, not the designer of the class, Julian, and it is not so as to get it adopted by the class.

2) Top guys in the class are developing foils for the R Class. It is not for the class. It is for their boat. The class association isn't involved at all.

3) The International 14 Class HAS ALREADY adopted hydrofoil assist-and has not ruled out full flying in the future. As somebody who voted on this issue, I believe you're totally wrong about the future and that the vote was very final. There was nothing in th vote to indicate that the decision should be reviewed in the future and I can assure you that another vote on the subject would also fail. The 14's have made a decision they do not want thei boats to come out of the water on foils.

4) Some guys in the B14 class are considering developing a foiler for evaluation by the class. Chris is not doing it for evaluation by the class, as he stated in his posts on here. It is his own personal pet project

5) From what I hear there is a lot of interest in hydrofoil development among 18 sailors in Europe. I don't know what you have heard, but the 18 foot skiff association does not want foils and is trying to unify the class under one set of rules and hold world championships etc. If a few sailors in Europe want to do their own thing, fine, but they won't be classed as 18's.

6) The RS600FF was born of the RS600 class and is a derivation of it.. But it wasn't supported or sponsored by the class in any way

7) There are many independent designer/developers working on foilers designed from scratch-this will produce numerous one design classes over time. Which is very different from your comment that class after class are experimenting.

In the interests of accuracy and fairlness, I have now learnt that the "R" class have paid for the molds for the foils and are actively involved in the development of foiling for that class. however, I have also checked the other stuff I have posted and it is correct. :)

You should check your facts and not rely on your iunterpretation of what is written on the internet.

1) Seahorse magazine says Bethwaite is developing foils for the 49er. It is Frank who is doing this, not the designer of the class, Julian, and it is not so as to get it adopted by the class.

2) Top guys in the class are developing foils for the R Class. It is not for the class. It is for their boat. The class association isn't involved at all.

3) The International 14 Class HAS ALREADY adopted hydrofoil assist-and has not ruled out full flying in the future. As somebody who voted on this issue, I believe you're totally wrong about the future and that the vote was very final. There was nothing in th vote to indicate that the decision should be reviewed in the future and I can assure you that another vote on the subject would also fail. The 14's have made a decision they do not want thei boats to come out of the water on foils.

4) Some guys in the B14 class are considering developing a foiler for evaluation by the class. Chris is not doing it for evaluation by the class, as he stated in his posts on here. It is his own personal pet project

5) From what I hear there is a lot of interest in hydrofoil development among 18 sailors in Europe. I don't know what you have heard, but the 18 foot skiff association does not want foils and is trying to unify the class under one set of rules and hold world championships etc. If a few sailors in Europe want to do their own thing, fine, but they won't be classed as 18's.

6) The RS600FF was born of the RS600 class and is a derivation of it.. But it wasn't supported or sponsored by the class in any way

7) There are many independent designer/developers working on foilers designed from scratch-this will produce numerous one design classes over time. Which is very different from your comment that class after class are experimenting.

=============================

You're dead wrong on most of what you said. As an example, Seahorse magazine specifically says that Julian,not Frank is developing the 49er foiler. It goes on from there-watch this forum for the rest to be proven true.......

You're dead wrong on most of what you said. As an example, Seahorse magazine specifically says that Julian,not Frank is developing the 49er foiler. It goes on from there-watch this forum for the rest to be proven true.......

Doug,

When you make these posts of yours and spray blowhard all over the landscape, does it ever occur to you that if you are going to blast someone, that you should, at least, demonstrate the temerity to have a set of factual and verifiable answers to all the points as they have been made. In the above post, you spray your feverish commentary without even touching the meat of all the points, as made by Simon. All you have to say is... "it goes on from there..."

Son, that's not substantive arguing in anybody's book. It's simple BS. I suspect that you do not have one shred of proof to support any of your accusations against Simon, so you are dumping your nonsense and then leaving by the nearest door. Come on, be a man about it all, Doug. If you are going to call the guy out, at least have the class to have your argument in order. Otherwise you come off as a pure and unadulterated blowhard.

Look carefully at Simon's follow-up post in which he changes his positoin, gracefully and with full acknowledgement that he had gotten his original position wrong. That's the model, Doug and it's one that you should adopt as quickly as is possible.

Real simple. Answer all the points as posed by others without dodging something just because your point is much weaker and without relevance. That's a tactic that should be left for the cheese dicks who typically run for office. Just man-up when you are wrong, acknowledge the points as made by the opponent and low and behold, you might start to evolve as a person of some standing here. You're not a dumb guy, but you are a very poor arguer and your threshold of pain for being beaten is quite low, resulting in your use of a tired quiver of words that are designed to raise the temperature of any discussion.

Knock it off and argue fairly. This isn't a politics as usual forum, it's a forum for sailing ideas and complex discussions. If you have any doubt as to what that entails, then consult any text book for university level debate tactics and manners.

Real simple. Answer all the points as posed by others without dodging something just because your point is much weaker and without relevance. That's a tactic that should be left for the cheese dicks who typically run for office. Just man-up when you are wrong, acknowledge the points as made by the opponent and low and behold, you might start to evolve as a person of some standing here. You're not a dumb guy, but you are a very poor arguer and your threshold of pain for being beaten is quite low, resulting in your use of a tired quiver of words that are designed to raise the temperature of any discussion.

Knock it off and argue fairly. This isn't a politics as usual forum, it's a forum for sailing ideas and complex discussions. If you have any doubt as to what that entails, then consult any text book for university level debate tactics and manners.

Well said. Author ... author

======================

Bullshit! Particularly coming from you(Big Oz) and MOST particularly in light of Simons normal method of discussion that he only abandons when caught dead to rights.

Douglas...

You win the prize.

You're an intellectual Neanderthal in the 21st Century.

The funny part about that comment is that if you had been born in the times of the original knuckledraggers, you'd have long ago been kicked out of the cave and been consumed by a rather hungry saber toothed tiger. You should consider yourself lucky that through the total dumb luck of being alive during this time of man, your life form has been allowed to live this long.

You're just never going to get it.