• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Day 1 - Put Up Or Shut Up

Breeze is down a bit, bit still some nice puffs coming down the course. Sun is poking out just a bit, and it's damn cold when I venture out of this cushy cabinhouse. Lane is holding it.

It looks fucking cold - I'm in Sarasota and its even cold here

Thanks for the great coverage (as Always)

Lane holds on to the finish! Followed by Quantum Racing, Ullman, MFatic, Stu McNay, Blu Moon. Awesome results for McNay in his second ever Melges event. Ullman and Quantum sails are looking damned good out here, Norths not so much...

Great coverage!!! F@#$@ Jobson and T2P, busch league in comparison.

A request to get some crew shots of some of the boats w/out crewlists (like the Lanes, etc.) so SA members can establish them. I'm guessing you have Ivey and Strube w/ one Lane, and Kotoun and Norris w/ the other.

Stu McNay has Enright, Bissell, Dave Hughes and a ~130-140er, I believe some chick (why do I have to work!!)

Understand if you can't take the pics, but we can put the teams together otherwise. Melges and Eastport did a much, much better job than Stagg and Sail newport for the Mumm 30 worlds as far as crew lists go.

Lane holds on to the finish! Followed by Quantum Racing, Ullman, MFatic, Stu McNay, Blu Moon. Awesome results for McNay in his second ever Melges event. Ullman and Quantum sails are looking damned good out here, Norths not so much...

Real shame about North. Did somebody say karma?

Great coverage!!! F@#$@ Jobson and T2P, busch league in comparison.

A request to get some crew shots of some of the boats w/out crewlists (like the Lanes, etc.) so SA members can establish them. I'm guessing you have Ivey and Strube w/ one Lane, and Kotoun and Norris w/ the other.

Stu McNay has Enright, Bissell, Dave Hughes and a ~130-140er, I believe some chick (why do I have to work!!)

Understand if you can't take the pics, but we can put the teams together otherwise. Melges and Eastport did a much, much better job than Stagg and Sail newport for the Mumm 30 worlds as far as crew lists go.

They could've done a lot better, and they know it.

Wow - Even though I'm much warmer here in my office it hurts just a little that the Hoodlum is parked in the barn. Go Bora that boy has the crazy ability of clawing back to the front.

Cheers,

ND

Their tack line blew up just a few yards from the finish, if you can believe that. They lost a couple positions - hope it wasn't my snazzy FSE Robline ropes...

Hey I know Sailing Anarchy is the go to forum for M24 updates but has anyone ever heard of SailGroove? They have a terrible site, and they suck donkey dick. Don't ever go there for any reason.

Edited for you, Tigerbear. Fuck I hate spam.

Hey I know Sailing Anarchy is the go to forum for M24 updates but has anyone ever heard of SailGroove? They have a terrible site, and they suck donkey dick. Don't ever go there for any reason.

FACK OFF NEWB!!!!

Hey I know Sailing Anarchy is the go to forum for M24 updates but has anyone ever heard of SailGroove? They have a much cleaner site and are also giving live updates, and have some cool videos from the event. www.sailgroove.org. Any other site ideas for good coverage?

The Groove has "text-to-blog" updates. SA has videos and results minutes earlier, plus pics, and legit commentary (the FCC might not let it fly on the Networks, which makes it even better!!)

Survey says? SA kills it. I even took out the link in the quote because it is below par.

I see lots of friends watching - big hello to all of you - especially crabtown, JItillIdie, L_Z, Dancing Bear, ND, Dixie, Grinder, NOGLOVES...

BTW, Simplicity is deep in this one...

Kristen lane takes the lead at the leeward mark! Holy crap.

Goes without saying that I'm jealous. Hopefully I'll be there next year in my own boat.

For some bizarre reason, PRO Jeff Borland is being a bit clueless and not running a course 5, even though the windward mark is right on the way to the finish.

You'll love this one: Our pal Simon running a Swan 68 just protested USA 615 for a port/starboard tack crossing - he said "we came within 3 meters of hitting us, we just wanted to alert you to it - then they yelled at us quite a bit."

Too fucking funny!

Big props to Borland - after a call from an anonymous competitor on 68, he just changed it to a five legger. Great RC work so far - right now he's on par with what we've seen from Luigi and Hank Stuart in this class.

So the Swan 68 was sailing thru the racing? Nice.

For some bizarre reason, PRO Jeff Borland is being a bit clueless and not running a course 5, even though the windward mark is right on the way to the finish.

You'll love this one: Our pal Simon running a Swan 68 just protested USA 615 for a port/starboard tack crossing - he said "we came within 3 meters of hitting us, we just wanted to alert you to it - then they yelled at us quite a bit."

Too fucking funny!

So the Swan 68 was sailing thru the racing? Nice.

Given the likely position of the guy that fouled them, the Swan was trying to bring up the rear...

Big props to Borland - after a call from an anonymous competitor on 68, he just changed it to a five legger. Great RC work so far - right now he's on par with what we've seen from Luigi and Hank Stuart in this class.

Nice CLEAN, he will recognize your voice before too long...

Gannet wins the pin, and tacks off immediately to the right, while Joe Fly is launched just to the left of them. Quantum Racing looks good as well on the right. Best start - Vince Porter. Kids got mad skillz

Thanks Vegas. Love ya bro. Can you believe it's just the two of us? This is going too smoothly!

Gannet wins the pin, and tacks off immediately to the right, while Joe Fly is launched just to the left of them. Quantum Racing looks good as well on the right. Best start - Vince Porter. Kids got mad skillz

Thanks Vegas. Love ya bro. Can you believe it's just the two of us? This is going too smoothly!

Damn Homie - You've got a driver though right?

Nice work calling the lines and shooting/filming too - Of course the file uploads, postings, and commentary that shit just happens by itself -

There's a well deserved BIG Vodka in your future - Make it a double for your beautiful Bride ;)

that is wrong, has Ullman w/ a 50 no Finish for race #1, which he won...

After 2 races, he should have been in first with a 1,3.

He did go through the finish line properly, right?

YEah, he did. Must be a scoring snafu.

that is wrong, has Ullman w/ a 50 no Finish for race #1, which he won...

After 2 races, he should have been in first with a 1,3.

He did go through the finish line properly, right?

My bet a typo...his sail number is 505....a dns or dnf is 50pts...

That graffiti-covered boat is headed in after about five minutes on their side...also, I just called the captain of that swan 68 - it wasn't him that called on that foul, it must have been another british captain of the Swan 42 that was out here. My mistake.

Why is it that Ullman is scored as 50/No Fin in race #1. What's the story? Clean?

Maybe his mustache forgot to weigh in?

LOL :lol:

I'm thinking a big win on the water with a big score on paper normally means OCS

Whoo Hoo PAGE 4

Why is it that Ullman is scored as 50/No Fin in race #1. What's the story? Clean?

I'm thinking a big win on the water with a big score on paper normally means OCS

Whoo Hoo PAGE 4

Page 7, if you set to 25 posts/page,as clean requested....

Whoo Hoo PAGE 4

Page 7, if you set to 25 posts/page,as clean requested....

I didn't get the memo - My TPS Reports need work too

Great pics! I've e-mailed the two of Entourage to the boys down there..

That will be $225.00 each. Send VISA info to MerPix.com within the next 2 hours or she will report you to a collection agency. Thank you. :P

Great pictures. Bet the racing is even better in person. To bad I have to work today. Would be worth it to stand out in this cold as wind to watch something like that. On second thought....

WetHog :ph34r:

Greetings from the Cayman Islands - yup down in the Caribbean again for work. Just got a chance to check out the coverage, looks great, makes me wish I was there! Please tell Tom I said hi, and that the "Master Plan" is still in progress, but proceeding slowly.... also if you can get a picture of High Voltage on here, that would be great, they are staying with my mom.

Thanks!

Just wanted you all to know that John just texted me - he owns Latis, one of our sponsors, and just offered a package deal for Key West for any M24 teams - 2900 bucks includes 3 months storage and the haul, best price around!

Thanks to John for his support - be sure to check out Latis for all your transport needs!

Blu Moon and Joe Fly are stuck together like glue! They're in the exact same position as they were at the first mark, a good 10 BLs ahead of T Hutch in 3rd. Monsoon in Fourth.

I have got fuck-all nothing done at work today, following this thread.....

Blu Moon and Joe Fly are stuck together like glue! They're in the exact same position as they were at the first mark, a good 10 BLs ahead of T Hutch in 3rd. Monsoon in Fourth.

T Hutch holds the third, he's still winning the regatta so far. That fucker's good! I forgot who he had with him (Nix?) but there is some def talent on that ride.

Yeah Nixon, George "Bear" Peet and I think a pretty good College kid, not sure of the name.

T Hutch holds the third, he's still winning the regatta so far. That fucker's good! I forgot who he had with him (Nix?) but there is some def talent on that ride.

He's got Scott Nixon, George (Bear) Peet, Brian Janney from Mark Reynolds' loft in Dago (I think he's on the boat) and I'm not sure whom the 5th is..........

T Hutch, S Nixon, George Peet, my favorite Amy Ironmonger, and I forget their fifth, but they are stacked with talent, everybody onboard is PRIMO!

PressureDrop

Oh shit! That's right...WORK! I gotta go!

I've gotten some shit done - behold the power of multiple monitors

hey, are there any gay websites that provide live coverage for this event?

s.

Don't be an Asshat

Where is Kristen Lane - USA 623?

She is back near 12th I think in this one. Peter doing better - but the real family story is Vince Porter beating papa. Looking forward to chatting with him later.

Where is Kristen Lane - USA 623?

She is back near 12th I think in this one. Peter doing better - but the real family story is Vince Porter beating papa. Looking forward to chatting with him later.

Ask Vince about his hangover from Lake Wawasee's E-Scow Event - LEGENDARY!

Gotta tell you - after a few dozen times when it looked like it was getting lighter and warmer, the weather kept shutting the door, and now it looks positively gnarly. There is a huge cloud rolling in from the West with some heavy rain looking like it wants to come out - it's dark as shit, and the beat back to the dock is going to SUCK for those guys.

It looks like Flavio and Blu Moon took out Joe Fly on the final beat - still a few minutes out, but the Swiss team that is really Italian looks like the winner of this race, and sitting nicely for the regatta.

Gotta tell you - after a few dozen times when it looked like it was getting lighter and warmer, the weather kept shutting the door, and now it looks positively gnarly. There is a huge cloud rolling in from the West with some heavy rain looking like it wants to come out - it's dark as shit, and the beat back to the dock is going to SUCK for those guys.

More Kick Ass Video and Pictures or it Never Happened!

Ullman squeezing in overstood on the port tack layline,

Ullman takes third by inches over Terry!

Then WTF just squeezes out

Full Throttle

Chris Larson

Monsoon

Othmar, just ahead of

McNay

Peter Lane

Vince Porter

Sim