Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Day 1 - Put Up Or Shut Up

"If that's not enough, they're still too cheap to hire a real racing photographer - even US Class secretary Joy Dunigan shoots significantly better stuff than official class photographer Paul Todd (not to mention the even-better stuff from our own Meredith, which is posted to thousands of you within minutes of live), but somehow, despite the clear lack of quality in his work, they just keep bringing him to these events. I'm not sure how they justify the extra thousands of dollars of expenses to their dues paying members - unless they just pass these costs off to their sponsors, who don't know any better..."

Hey Clean,

You're either blind or pussy whipped (or both). First, follow your logic (or lack thereof): "they're still to cheap to hire a real racing photographer..." then, "justify the extra thousands of dollars..." I thought they were too cheap? Paul Todd is by far the better photographer than either Joy or Mer could ever hope to be. In fact, a monkey with camera could take better pictures than Mer. Dude, they're not even close. Open your eyes. The class didn't hire Mer because her pictures are amateur at best (just like your shaky videos), so ditch the bitterness and stick to your schtick.

Thanks Clean and Mer. Great day on the water.

Talk to Ed and Mer about an SA calendar with the best of her OTWA pics. Great photog and getting better.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

RD

For some bizarre reason, PRO Jeff Borland is being a bit clueless and not running a course 5, even though the windward mark is right on the way to the finish.

You'll love this one: Our pal Simon running a Swan 68 just protested USA 615 for a port/starboard tack crossing - he said "we came within 3 meters of hitting us, we just wanted to alert you to it - then they yelled at us quite a bit."

Too fucking funny!

It's almost like ND never sold the boat...you sure it's in the barn???

"If that's not enough, they're still too cheap to hire a real racing photographer - even US Class secretary Joy Dunigan shoots significantly better stuff than official class photographer Paul Todd (not to mention the even-better stuff from our own Meredith, which is posted to thousands of you within minutes of live), but somehow, despite the clear lack of quality in his work, they just keep bringing him to these events. I'm not sure how they justify the extra thousands of dollars of expenses to their dues paying members - unless they just pass these costs off to their sponsors, who don't know any better..."

Hey Clean,

You're either blind or pussy whipped (or both). First, follow your logic (or lack thereof): "they're still to cheap to hire a real racing photographer..." then, "justify the extra thousands of dollars..." I thought they were too cheap? Paul Todd is by far the better photographer than either Joy or Mer could ever hope to be. In fact, a monkey with camera could take better pictures than Mer. Dude, they're not even close. Open your eyes. The class didn't hire Mer because her pictures are amateur at best (just like your shaky videos), so ditch the bitterness and stick to your schtick.

Dood ...Crack is so 1985 - Stay off of it

For some bizarre reason, PRO Jeff Borland is being a bit clueless and not running a course 5, even though the windward mark is right on the way to the finish.

You'll love this one: Our pal Simon running a Swan 68 just protested USA 615 for a port/starboard tack crossing - he said "we came within 3 meters of hitting us, we just wanted to alert you to it - then they yelled at us quite a bit."

Too fucking funny!

I told you Geoff,

That boat is the devil - It takes control of your mind and makes you yell. There is still some poor old lady in St. Pete that is in therapy after a run in with the Hoodlum. Well its either that boat or all of the 5 hour energy drinks before I sail. Jury is still out on that one.

Too Funny - Go get um Charlie!

ND

AWESOME reports!!! cant wait to get out there...

Man that was fun! Ullman by ages at the bottom mark. Monsoon in 2nd, Terry in third, Blu Moon gets knocked down at the drop, in Fourth, Mfatic in fifth, Joe fly tries to go upwind without a headsail but Full Throttle hits the mark as they try to roll 'em - Simplicity just ahead of WTF - all good! Vids comin!

Too fucking funny!

I told you Geoff,

That boat is the devil - It takes control of your mind and makes you yell. There is still some poor old lady in St. Pete that is in therapy after a run in with the Hoodlum. Well its either that boat or all of the 5 hour energy drinks before I sail. Jury is still out on that one.

Too Funny - Go get um Charlie!

ND

Guess the new boat has the same devil, punk. I wish I had time to find that video from Charleston...

Paul Todd is by far the better photographer than either Joy or Mer could ever hope to be. In fact, a monkey with camera could take better pictures than Mer. Dude, they're not even close. Open your eyes. The class didn't hire Mer because her pictures are amateur at best (just like your shaky videos), so ditch the bitterness and stick to your schtick.

Ouch! Ya know what's fun? That the Ed lets me be my own little dictator in the OTW forum. And I know your other log-in name now. Fun!

Nice shit-stir though.

And Solo - thanks for proving my point. Todd even cropped the back half of his own massive watermark on that shot and published it to the site. Now THAT'S professional!

Paul Todd is by far the better photographer than either Joy or Mer could ever hope to be. In fact, a monkey with camera could take better pictures than Mer. Dude, they're not even close. Open your eyes. The class didn't hire Mer because her pictures are amateur at best (just like your shaky videos), so ditch the bitterness and stick to your schtick.

Ouch! Ya know what's fun? That the Ed lets me be my own little dictator in the OTW forum. And I know your other log-in name now. Fun!

Nice shit-stir though.

And Solo - thanks for proving my point. Todd even cropped the back half of his own massive watermark on that shot and published it to the site. Now THAT'S professional!

Just keeping it real...have fun out there.

Clean - Can you find out what happened to the Volles & Hoey in race #3 "I'm with Stupid"

DNS 50 - Bow 59 / GER 624 they where sailing rather well in the first 2 races?

Clean - Can you find out what happened to the Volles & Hoey in race #3 "I'm with Stupid"

DNS 50 - Bow 59 / GER 624 they where sailing rather well in the first 2 races?

Broken gudgeon.

BTW, this thread is almost to 10,000 views, and that's significantly larger than Worlds from Porto Cervo - this is already a huge success, thanks to you guys and our sponsors. I can't stress enough how much your posts and PMs add to our coverage - otherwise, it would just be more of the boring, sanitized bullshit that others put out.

I am a little protective on OTW Anarchy, since it's partially my baby. I also get competitive, especially when I can't race, and if there's someone else doing what I'm doing, I want them to see how inferior they are. I really do like Justin Chisholm a lot, and I'd probably like the sailgroove guys if I met them, but I kinda want to see them hang their head in dejection and cry "I give" and "we just want you and SA to do everything for our event, no one else comes close."

In any event, I've made my point in what may be a petty way, and for that I apologise.

Here's a crappy cameraphone pic of the floor of the Quantum loft a half hour ago - some work to be done! BTW, the door to the North loft was shut tight, but our pal boyscout is working all night on this pile of busted sails after busting his ass to a third place on the day with T.Hutch, Bear, Amy Ironmonger, and Scott Nixon. Cheers to Quantum for the great service, even on Simplicity's North kite.

IMG00011.jpg

Correction to results

FILED UNDER 2008 ATLANTIC COAST CHAMPIONSHIP BY JUSTIN

A scoring error which incorrectly listed Dave Ullman in race one has now been corrected. Ullman in fact was the winner of that race and leads the championship ahead of Blu Moon and Quantum Racing.

Yer cameraphone has pretty good clarity

Blackberry Curve. Love it.

I think I'm too tired to go do interviews.

Tired from what? Sitting in a protected power boat? HTFU

Clean - Praise in public - Criticize in private.

Didn't the good Nuns in Grammar school teach you any manners!

Being positive about the competition, a fellow journalist , photographer or a possible future sponsor is not a bad thing!

I don't want you to sugar coat it at all , please call it like you see it,

but try not to knock everything that you don't like or that doesn't agree with your point of view.

IMHO

Peace,

Tommy K

Here's a crappy cameraphone pic of the floor of the Quantum loft a half hour ago - some work to be done! BTW, the door to the North loft was shut tight, but our pal boyscout is working all night on this pile of busted sails after busting his ass to a third place on the day with T.Hutch, Bear, Amy Ironmonger, and Scott Nixon. Cheers to Quantum for the great service, even on Simplicity's North kite.

Clean - Praise in public - Criticize in private.

Cheers Tommy - and you know I appreciate the suggestions, but that - like most everything else a nun would say - is almost the exact opposite of my philosophy. I don't believe in propriety, I don't believe in private criticism, especially for public situations, and if that means I'm going to have a hard time making my career grow bigger, so be it. Love ya bro, Kuma sends his regards.

Just waking up now and putting on my wetsuit...ugh.

Tired from what? Sitting in a protected power boat? HTFU

Do you realize that it's 7:01 and I'm going down to dive in 55 degree water? HTFU my ass!

Clean..nice work...might see you on Friday..i am getting a little bit of a cough.. *hack* *hack* *cough* *cough*

Come friday morning - you have my number. We need you!

BTW, this thread is almost to 10,000 views, and that's significantly larger than Worlds from Porto Cervo - this is already a huge success, thanks to you guys and our sponsors. I can't stress enough how much your posts and PMs add to our coverage - otherwise, it would just be more of the boring, sanitized bullshit that others put out.

I am a little protective on OTW Anarchy, since it's partially my baby. I also get competitive, especially when I can't race, and if there's someone else doing what I'm doing, I want them to see how inferior they are. I really do like Justin Chisholm a lot, and I'd probably like the sailgroove guys if I met them, but I kinda want to see them hang their head in dejection and cry "I give" and "we just want you and SA to do everything for our event, no one else comes close."

In any event, I've made my point in what may be a petty way, and for that I apologise.

Yeah, but Vegas and I are responsible for 5,000 of those views.... :lol:

I hope they are still out there when we head out for practice around 430.

Where exactly is the course? Off of the beach east of Burt Jabins?

The race course looks like between Matapeake, R2 and Hacketts.

It should get interesting tomorrow when the J105 Chesapeake Champs Regatta and the IRC East Coasts starts their events.

The weather outlook looks a lot lighter.

The flood tide came in pretty strong this evening (finally) after having all the water blown out of the Bay over the past 3 days.

the IRC long distance race is Friday, so at least we'll be able to watch the Melges a bit.

Great job Blocks. I like the campy narrative. The vids are awesome!

How about some shots of the Eastport 32? (Isn't it time for powerboat anarchy?)

Yeah, but Vegas and I are responsible for 5,000 of those views.... :lol:

If they added sex in the title line it would pick up another 5k in views also...