Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScowVegas

Progress Report

In the Righting a multihull thread, I was asked if Jan's new boat had splashed yet - it hasn't but I was up in Bay City this past weekend and got some shots and updates on what possibly will be the wildest Gougeon boat of them all -

For those who haven't heard - Jan is in the 11th hour of construction of a 39.75 foot Catamaran. It will be one of the most unusual designs ever seen - but unusual or not, she seems to have the making of being one of the fastest boats ever built at Gougeon Brothers (SlingShot excluded...maybe.)

The base concept looks like a trimaran with a center hull with amas, This configuration helps to distribute and control torsional loads from the amas and akas through the main hull adding rigidity and allowing for reduced loss of power from the sail plan. However with conventional tri's, this added structurability also increases wetted surface area. Reduced wetted surface is a plus for Cats.

Jan's new boat will have the reduced wetted area of a cat, with the structurability of a tri - this is planned to be accomplished by lofting the center hull out of the water and sailing her like a cat.

One of the other Mission points of this project is that she must be able to be trailerable. For this, the amas will fold forward on a bearing system to make her trailerable while not compromising the ama to aka to hull integrity or geometry.

Here are the pictures:

I'm not very close to the project but if enough questions are asked, maybe we can get Jan out here to answer them.

Big_Pic_.jpg

Here are some shots of the main hull from last year

DSC01543.JPG

DSC01544.JPG

DSC01542.JPG

Thanks for the photos. Nice to see the fabrication done by Gougeon. The hinges for the amas remind me of my the folding trailer I brought my boat home from Puget Sound on:

3021683305_5052ab82c5.jpg

Nice work Johnny!

Big B. do you know what Jan's planning on using for a Mast? - If memory serves (which it sometimes doesn;t), Jan is planning on using something off the shelf. Is that right?

Mast or Masts? Or is the tube laminated into the ama bulkhead for a crossbeam? <_<

Mast or Masts? Or is the tube laminated into the ama bulkhead for a crossbeam? <_<

the 'tube' is actually a bearing for the crossbeam where the amas will fold forward for trailering - Good Question though!

the 'tube' is actually a bearing for the crossbeam where the amas will fold forward for trailering - Good Question though!

Looks great

thanks for the peek at the construction .

The amas are the fold up ply method and center hull looks more complex .

Is there a picture of what it will look like when finished ?

I used to race Wed evenings on Saginaw Bay a few years ago, 4 or 5 now , mostly on an I 20 and did the Tower race --night leg to Tawas , {Matt set a record that evening } and others , great bunch there .

Hope to see it in the water next year.

Could this be a contender for our Sailing Anarchy Multihull?

You will still be reading the SAM thread in twelve months and they will still be debating.

I have read that thread from the start (200 odd posts) and now they are on about porta potties versus heads verses composting toilets verses bags.

Nothing out there meets everyones criteria but the thread can have you laughing one minute and scratching your head the next.

The F10 might have worked for the mono but the only thing that would come close would be a folding Sea Cart from what I can work out.

Vegas Keep those pics comming. Like to see progress and the finished item

You will still be reading the SAM thread in twelve months and they will still be debating.

I have read that thread from the start (200 odd posts) and now they are on about porta potties versus heads verses composting toilets verses bags.

Nothing out there meets everyones criteria but the thread can have you laughing one minute and scratching your head the next.

The F10 might have worked for the mono but the only thing that would come close would be a folding Sea Cart from what I can work out.

Vegas Keep those pics comming. Like to see progress and the finished item

Certain aspects of this build could be incorporated into the SAM - The foldup Ama construction was definitely the hot ticket for Jan here - Very fast (build time) and cost effective. The center 'pod' is another story - There's a bunch going on there that the eye is not catching. Including a gyroscopic driven auto helm that steers a straight course whether you are launching off the top of a wave or flying a hull down the backside of a 40 foot roller - it's pretty slick. Also all the control lines are set under the deck through conduit - like some of the Farr 40 lines.

This boat is being constructed without formal plans and engineering schematics - just good old fashion Gougeon inovation and a dream -

As for the SAM project - I haven't gotten very involved in the discussion becuase I believe that you miss 100% of the home run pitches you don't swing at - Less Talk; More Rock!

Looks great

thanks for the peek at the construction .

The amas are the fold up ply method and center hull looks more complex .

Is there a picture of what it will look like when finished ?

I used to race Wed evenings on Saginaw Bay a few years ago, 4 or 5 now , mostly on an I 20 and did the Tower race --night leg to Tawas , {Matt set a record that evening } and others , great bunch there .

Hope to see it in the water next year.

I think the main hull will get some aero/hydro dynamic shaping - the squared off front of the main I hull, I suspect, will be built out to something more wave busting, but if it busts something other than a wave it will collapse leaving a water tight bulk head (what is seen right now)...I take it you are speaking of Matt Struble on the I20 breaking the Tower race record - when Matt is 106 years old he'll still be faster then most of us could ever hope for - Frozen / liquid - I don;t care what state the water is in - that Kid is Fast Fast Fast - Any multihull AC team would rock with him on board - Hmmmm I think I'm gonna start a new topic "Multihull AC Dream Team"

[- Hmmmm I think I'm gonna start a new topic "Multihull AC Dream Team"

I'll bite:

Smyth

Struble

Schreyer

Heemskerk

Damn Meetings -Ya baet me to the Punch

I'd throw in T-Hutch on Tactics and Cammas on helm

[- Hmmmm I think I'm gonna start a new topic "Multihull AC Dream Team"

I'll bite:

Smyth

Struble

Schreyer

Heemskerk

Damn Meetings -Ya baet me to the Punch

I'd throw in T-Hutch on Tactics and Cammas on helm

Oh shit I forgot, right from your neck:

Scharl

Zeranski

I just got off the phone with Jan and the story on the mast is that he's got one of the Carbon Nacra 6.0 masts he's going to use. He's thinking that he'll beef it up with about 10 more pounds of carbon and when all is said and done it will be 33 feet off the deck. But the deck will be almost 8 feet off the water - so the wind 40 feet off the water will be working.

Also there will a 8 foot sprit off the main hull to support screachers, chutes and anything else that he decides to fly...

Really interesting stuff - I presume, like the floats/hulls, everything is bent wood and carbon (still a hard combination to beat IMO).

Slightly off topic - what happened to Jan Gougeon's very neat 25 foot tri Splinter? - flush decked, wing mast, adjustable stays - a design ahead of its time.

Cool, to say the least.

I hate cold weather,

I'm allergic to their hardener,

and I do something totally different, but

when I see stuff like that,

Sometimes I want to drive up there and beg for a job!

Really interesting stuff - I presume, like the floats/hulls, everything is bent wood and carbon (still a hard combination to beat IMO).

Slightly off topic - what happened to Jan Gougeon's very neat 25 foot tri Splinter? - flush decked, wing mast, adjustable stays - a design ahead of its time.

Splinter is alive and well in Bay City - She sails often under the steady hand of one Bob Struble - you may have heard of Bob's kid Matt - he's a pretty good sailor too ;)

that is quite wicked, in a good way, what is the beam measurement going to be?

If memory serves- I think it is 12 feet, I'll confirm when I see Jan tomorrow

The Gougeon art has been facinating me for 30yrs.....What ever happened to the F-40 Adrennalin? Now that was a ride :P

so, water ballast again?

Yup double dinghy bailers - one fills - the other drains - manual control lines

The Gougeon art has been facinating me for 30yrs.....What ever happened to the F-40 Adrennalin? Now that was a ride :P

Adrenaline lives! She is in NZ or Oz (or somewhere in between)

Adrenaline lives! She is in NZ or Oz (or somewhere in between)

The pictures I've seen of an Adrenaline down south are of a cat, not the Gougeon tri, which, last I heard, was in a container in Texas. I've never forgotten the write-up of her in Woodenboat mag, believe it or not. One of the reasons I went over to the dark side.

Hinged floats, wooden hinge, typical Gougeon.

So the plan was for 12, but it has grown to 14 -

So the plan was for 12, but it has grown to 14 -

Vegas

I got half of one but I bet I can drain it faster. Ha Ha

Picture088.jpg

Copy2ofPicture074.jpg

That boat is so cool, it looks like a spaceship. Keep the updates coming! B):D

Does anyone else think that this looks a little... well.. errr... un-pretty?

or shall i get my coat?

or shall i get my coat?

No no - stick around... lol ;)

The main hull is in it's 'functional' state - the bow will get some styling a tad more hydro/aerodynamic - the cockpit will be modified additionally with places to sit and places for a dozen winches or so, she'll get her prom dress before the big the dance-It's coming along - I forecast this ugly duckling shall grow to be a beautiful swan...a hot nasty speed enraged ass kicking swan ... :P

or shall i get my coat?

The main hull is in it's 'functional' state - the bow will get some styling a tad more hydro/aerodynamic - the cockpit will be modified additionally with places to sit and places for a dozen winches or so, she'll get her prom dress before the big the dance-It's coming along - I forecast this ugly duckling shall grow to be a beautiful swan...a hot nasty speed enraged ass kicking swan ... :P

A DOZEN winches , i thought gougeon was a K I S S subscriber!

or shall i get my coat?

A DOZEN winches , i thought gougeon was a K I S S subscriber!

Adagio has 11 winches on her - Genuine Risk has 12...

I don't think Jan will have 12 on there right from the word go - but after 10 years of saling her, I'm sure she'll become increasingly more complex

Vegas,

I've gotta know more about this contraption. When is Jan planning on being ready to test sail it? Any other nuggets you can throw us?

Vegas,

I've gotta know more about this contraption. When is Jan planning on being ready to test sail it? Any other nuggets you can throw us?

I've been watching this boat being built for at least 4 or 5 years. (he stopped building it for a long time) It is absolutely mind numbing to see what comes out of Jan's head. THe original loftings were drawn on a white board on the shop floor, Directly from between his ears to loftings. Simply amazing. I asked him if there were ever any other drawings and he said "just napkins and shit".

He said originally that all up weight would be around 1300 lbs, and last summer he said that was up a bit most likely. The floats are plywood core, nearly 40 feet long. The rig he's got in mind is supposedly going to only be 33 feet off the deck. I told him I'd bet he'll want to go up another 4 ro 5 feet and he said "we'll see" . The Gougeons aren't into overpowering hard to drive hulls, but rather like very light easily driven hulls with minimal power. Watcing Adagio sail away once in really light shit, one of my crew members said Meaded must have cut a deal with God to keep a cushion of air underneath the hull.

Jans designs don't please everyone, but I am blown away by the novelty and the art in his stuff. He is truely a one-of-a-kind pioneer. The performance he gets out of his designs speaks for itself.

Jan and Greg Bull, who is working virtually full time on the project have told me it's goig to splash in the spring and sail in Bay City this summer, with an eye toward doing the Mac Races in '10.

rew

Adrenalin, that is the Gougeons' Adrenalin F40, has been bought by Auckland land yacht sailor Colin Palmer (CEO of Adhesive Technologies NZ) - but it has been in its container for sometime. Last I heard he has found someone to assemble and sail the tri, so maybe we'll see it on the water soon. I offered my services a year ago to help put it together but he was too concerned with new farm, mountain biking, Ad Tech and various other time consuming occupations - or maybe he smelt a rat and thought I wanted to take Adrenalin over. Not a bad idea though, eh? However I've got G. Marx to look after. But would love a sail, who wouldn't?

Vegas,

I'll go over to the boat shop today and get some more pictures -

For the record Adrenaline is in fact in New Zealand - confirmed... EDIT: I had the reply open while I was fact checking - Thanks Coxcreek for the full story

Vegas

Can you get some detailed pictures of the ballast system. Are the scuppers for fill and drain spring loaded? How are the lines going to the main hull? Are they just cleated?

I had to use two aerator pumps for my Raptor ballast system . Just kind of wondering how they did it.

I got the inspiration from the G32 video Jan sent me. I know it can piss now just wondering how it will suck. Ha Ha

"The Gougeons aren't into overpowering hard to drive hulls, but rather like very light easily driven hulls with minimal power"

I know what that is like. Problem is there is almost no wake when you are moving so it is hard for people to judge your speed on a video unless you go by them at a close distance. Then all at once you hear "Boy that thing really moves "

Vegas

Can you get some detailed pictures of the ballast system. Are the scuppers for fill and drain spring loaded? How are the lines going to the main hull? Are they just cleated?

I had to use two aerator pumps for my Raptor ballast system . Just kind of wondering how they did it.

I got the inspiration from the G32 video Jan sent me. I know it can piss now just wondering how it will suck. Ha Ha

"The Gougeons aren't into overpowering hard to drive hulls, but rather like very light easily driven hulls with minimal power"

I know what that is like. Problem is there is almost no wake when you are moving so it is hard for people to judge your speed on a video unless you go by them at a close distance. Then all at once you hear "Boy that thing really moves "

I sure will! - I'll do that at lunch and post shortly there after - the mechanisms in place are two dinghy bailers in each ama (exact same ones in an e-scow) the doors to the bailers have been removed. One faces aft the other fore - there are some line configurations, but in essence you pull on one string and the sealed chamber filles up adding aproximately 100 gallons of water to the ama and then with a pull of another string it closes - same thing with the evacuation of the water - Nothing like having 4 Gorrillas hiking for you at the tug of a line

Vegas

I sure will! - I'll do that at lunch and post shortly there after - the mechanisms in place are two dinghy bailers in each ama (exact same ones in an e-scow) the doors to the bailers have been removed. One faces aft the other fore - there are some line configurations, but in essence you pull on one string and the sealed chamber filles up adding aproximately 100 gallons of water to the ama and then with a pull of another string it closes - same thing with the evacuation of the water - Nothing like having 4 Gorrillas hiking for you at the tug of a line

I have the excact setup on my water ballast tank. Amazingly simple and foolproof.

Vegas

I have the excact setup on my water ballast tank. Amazingly simple and foolproof.

So I guess, the faster you are going, the more water if forced into the tank. If you slow down, can it run out if the filler is open or is there a non-return flap?

Vegas

So I guess, the faster you are going, the more water if forced into the tank. If you slow down, can it run out if the filler is open or is there a non-return flap?

I know the stock non-return flaps are removed for this application - however It might be a benifit that if you slow down, you dump some ballast - good question. I'll check with Mr. Wizard when he gets back from iceboating, although I'll bet REW can shed some more light on the subject. ;)

That thing looks like a water spider!

I'm still confused about what it will look like in the end??

Vegas

Last I knew SPLINTER was still owned by Bob Struble (Matt's Dad) and was sitting out the winter in his canal backyard while he toils away in his frankenstein basement building wicked fast DN iceboats.

I have had the pleasure both personally and professionally to spend time in the Gougeon Facility. They have done some R&D testing for me on a state-of-the-art composite system for the USN. Hat's off to Bill Bertlelson, Materials Guru God!

Vegas

I know the stock non-return flaps are removed for this application - however It might be a benifit that if you slow down, you dump some ballast - good question. I'll check with Mr. Wizard when he gets back from iceboating, although I'll bet REW can shed some more light on the subject. ;)

Flaps are still on mine.

Thanks again for the pictures .

The 40 ft tri they built and raced in Prosail events with the pivoting amas was more extreme but I believe this should be an extremely easily driven hull platform and very fast and faster than that previous deasign from the late 80s .

Any word on the rig and sail configurations ?

Hat's off to Bill Bertlelson, Materials Guru God!

Feel free to give Bill a call or an E-mail - It's his Birthday! I thin the big 60! his E-mail is WDB@gougeon.com - I kow he'd love to hear from everyone!

Here is a shot with out the control lines attached:

post-20085-1233933576_thumb.jpg

They look like your run of the mill manually operate scuppers. I'd like to see how he is plumb them without completely redesigning them.

I'll wait for the pictures with the "control lines".

Love the pictures and updates, please keep them comming

Flaps are still on mine.

Even on the filling scupper? I thought those were made to inhibited water flow when they see exteriror postive water pressure...

The 40 ft tri they built and raced in Prosail events with the pivoting amas was more extreme but I believe this should be an extremely easily driven hull platform and very fast and faster than that previous deasign from the late 80s .

Yeah Carl - Jan is going to use a Nacra 6.0 mast and a custom fully battened high aspect square top main - inner working jib, 125% genny in front of that, and to top it off with a long sprit for screachers and asym - kites - it's going to look wild and probably be an even wilder ride

Flaps are still on mine.

Even on the filling scupper? I thought those were made to inhibited water flow when they see exteriror postive water pressure...

Theyre one way flaps, filler swings in only and exit swings out only.

Flaps are still on mine.

ahh ha - and there it is. thanx;)

Flaps are still on mine.

Rew & Vegas

Pictures would help alot. I kind of understand what you are saying but pictures would clear it up especially how the lines run from the scuppers. Thanks

Flaps are still on mine.

Rew & Vegas

Pictures would help alot. I kind of understand what you are saying but pictures would clear it up especially how the lines run from the scuppers. Thanks

Ed - As soon as they get run, I'll post some pictures for ya.

Flaps are still on mine.

Rew & Vegas

Ed - As soon as they get run, I'll post some pictures for ya.

Thanks Vegas

Flaps are still on mine.

Rew & Vegas

This is the best I can do for you for now. Black ball-all close, red ball fill, green ball empty. We usually race with the green one pulle so the tank is draining.

post-2723-1233948063_thumb.jpg

Flaps are still on mine.

Rew & Vegas

This is the best I can do for you for now. Black ball-all close, red ball fill, green ball empty. We usually race with the green one pulle so the tank is draining.

post-2723-1233948063_thumb.jpg

Thanks REW

Sounds like one line goes through some blocks to pull both scuppers closed and the other two lines pull each individual scupper open.

or shall i get my coat?

Thats defenetly #1 on the shortlist for the name of my cherub i is alright by you.....I think this boat isn't to pretty when you look at it from a traditional point of view, but just for thinking outside the square and looking different, its hot.

or shall i get my coat?

Thats defenetly #1 on the shortlist for the name of my cherub i is alright by you.....I think this boat isn't to pretty when you look at it from a traditional point of view, but just for thinking outside the square and looking different, its hot.

totally good by me -

Yeah Carl - Jan is going to use a Nacra 6.0 mast and a custom fully battened high aspect square top main - inner working jib, 125% genny in front of that, and to top it off with a long sprit for screachers and asym - kites - it's going to look wild and probably be an even wilder ride

Must mean a N 6/0 section ,but longer .

A 32 ft mast L on a 40 ft cat would not be much .

The Reynolds 33 cat has what --about a 46 ft mast ?

I recall having a Smyth 450 sq ft kite flying off my Nacra 6/0 way back when but again I would think some added mast L would be in order for a 40 .

You would think they would CF a nice wing mast up in the shop for it .

One thing that amazed me about the Saginaw Bay area was how tremendously skilled people are at building and fabricating just about anything .

Has Bob Stuble ever tried large foils off the amas of Splinter ? and is Ollie {the tri } still racing ?

thanks again .

Must mean a N 6/0 section ,but longer .

A 32 ft mast L on a 40 ft cat would not be much .

The Reynolds 33 cat has what --about a 46 ft mast ?

I recall having a Smyth 450 sq ft kite flying off my Nacra 6/0 way back when but again I would think some added mast L would be in order for a 40 .

You would think they would CF a nice wing mast up in the shop for it .

One thing that amazed me about the Saginaw Bay area was how tremendously skilled people are at building and fabricating just about anything .

Has Bob Stuble ever tried large foils off the amas of Splinter ? and is Ollie {the tri } still racing ?

thanks again .

Jan's plan as I understand it is to utilize a sail plan that will be very powerful but at a lower center of effort - So possible a longer boom than whats on a N6.0 and a high aspect square top main with a double slotted jib system - add a big sprit for DW action and I think he'll get all the power he wants - keep in mind that this thing will only weigh in the neighborhood of 1600 lbs - it won't take much to get her going - As for the big wing mast - they are killer for sailshape, but they also add a bunch of windage and weight aloft - so for this round Jan is going with the N6.0 and I'm sure as this thing progresses, she'll get more modifications than Joan Rivers -

I think bob digs Splinter just as she sits - plus Saginaw bay is pretty shallow so maybe Bob thinks that putting more boat below the waterline might end in heartbreak -

Ollie does still race and lives in Bay City off of Lagoon beach - In fact here's a google earth image of her at rest.

ollie_at_rest.jpg

And here's Adagio at Gougeon Brothers

adagio_at_rest.jpg

Fine Fine Fine - You found me - I'll grab some stuff and get r Done - Gimme 24 hours

I am sure Jan appreciates the design help...right! He is and always has been a visionary and will walk the talk. The guy is amazing!

I am sure Jan appreciates the design help...right! He is and always has been a visionary and will walk the talk. The guy is amazing!

I'm just taking pictures and writing updates, Jan's the guy with the plan (as always!)

I just skimmed this topic for the first time today, so, if somebody already mentioned this in the last two years I apologize.

Back in the 80s there was a cat in Santa Barbara called a Pod Cat. It got a write up in some mag, maybe MM. It looked like a giant Hobie 18 with a pod suspended inbetween the hulls, very similar to the boat in this strand. It was maybe 30' long. It was all composite construction. It wasn't meant to be a "one off" but I never saw another one.

The point is, I guess, this has been done before, eg Phillips bi-lateral rig big cat that failed spectacularly. Of course, Meade has his own orignal spin on the concept. I love the Meade boats and his "out of the box" thinking and eagerly await to see pix of this boat when finished.

I just skimmed this topic for the first time today, so, if somebody already mentioned this in the last two years I apologize.

Back in the 80s there was a cat in Santa Barbara called a Pod Cat. It got a write up in some mag, maybe MM. It looked like a giant Hobie 18 with a pod suspended inbetween the hulls, very similar to the boat in this strand. It was maybe 30' long. It was all composite construction. It wasn't meant to be a "one off" but I never saw another one.

The point is, I guess, this has been done before, eg Phillips bi-lateral rig big cat that failed spectacularly. Of course, Meade has his own orignal spin on the concept. I love the Meade boats and his "out of the box" thinking and eagerly await to see pix of this boat when finished.

First of all this is a Jan Gougeon built and designed boat from the ground up, the the term 'Meade Boat' does not technically apply, but I like where your thoughts are. also - She will be 40 feet LOA, less than 2000 lbs rigged, folding amas, self righting and trailerable. Jan ha been designing and building this for a long time now - possibly will be his opus.

Super busy today - will try and get pictures of the progress very soon - she should be ready to launch early 2010

If you are talking about the boat I am thinking of, it is still in the harbor. It also has a relatively short free standing mast. It looks heavy based on how low it sits in the water. But it might just be that the hulls are very narrow.

Here's some more pcitures

post-20085-1233933954_thumb.jpg

I don't know where I've seen anything with such potential. It's an absolute dream concept that brings out the horny teen ager in me !

OK Reality time. Whats it going to cost? Sure its a one off right now, but whats the ball park figure?

I've often wondered why the G-32 wasn't pushed harder as a commercial project. Still a very cool boat; could it be revived and upgraded?

This baby is scary radical and gives me the gut feel of sailing a Tornado (anticipatory...) BUT, I'm over fifty and my significant other likes a boat with a real head,

something between this baby and the old G-32.....is that too much to ask for? Could it be time for the Gougeon brothers to go big again?

Here's some more pcitures

JAN5sm.JPG

I don't know where I've seen anything with such potential. It's an absolute dream concept that brings out the horny teen ager in me !

OK Reality time. Whats it going to cost? Sure its a one off right now, but whats the ball park figure?

I've often wondered why the G-32 wasn't pushed harder as a commercial project. Still a very cool boat; could it be revived and upgraded?

This baby is scary radical and gives me the gut feel of sailing a Tornado (anticipatory...) BUT, I'm over fifty and my significant other likes a boat with a real head,

something between this baby and the old G-32.....is that too much to ask for? Could it be time for the Gougeon brothers to go big again?

Yes this will be one for the history books - All up Jan expects this 40' boat to weigh less than 2000 lbs - With a high aspect ratio square top main, she'll generate all the power she will need. When the wind pipes up - he will be able to add almost 800 lbs of ballast to either ama with the flick of a string and dump just as quickly.

As far as cost goes - only Jan really knows what he has in it - but I have seen at least 3 full rolls of 35K 12oz carbon twill run through the shop - very exciting project indeed - I can't fathom what price a custom designed Jan Gougeon 'one off' would command, but I'm sure she's not cheap (read: inexpensive). As far as a renewal of the G32 goes , I'm sad to say the molds were destroyed and unless someone goes off the reservation and pulls a mold off an existing boat , as well as develop additional molds from the interior parts, and then starts up production - there will probably never be a 'new' G32 produced - ever... :(

Now with that being said - Gougeon Brothers is moving into what I like to call Gougeon 2.0 - A whole new generation of Gougeon's are in the mix today (pun intended) with the same 'out of the box' ideas that made the Gougeon name synonymous with quality and innovation. So keep your eye on Gougeon 2.0 - I think you will be amazed at the next iteration.

Cheers!

Definitely looks interesting however

boy she ain't a looker with those ..."akas"

With Jan's boats, he really just need to make the stern sexy - after all that's what most people will see anyway - ;)

Definitely looks interesting however

boy she ain't a looker with those ..."akas"

With Jan's boats, he really just need to make the stern sexy - after all that's what most people will see anyway - ;)

...good one :lol::lol::lol:

I have admired boats like Adrenaline. The old wooden tornados built by Gougeons are beautifully built and a blast to sail upwind with the new rig. The buiding advices and tips and developement of epoxy technolofgies is awsome BUT ...

Gougeon or not I have to get this off from me: Its Hideous.

Well - I'll keep the pics coming as she gets her dress and makeup together... maybe she'll be pretty enough to take to the dance then.

For what its worth...the decks and fairing aren't even on her yet - Remeber Claudia Schiffer was a zygot once - zygot's ain't pretty (unless you are into that sort of thing NTTAWWI) ;)

I reserve my decesion on looks for the finished product but those pics on the front make it look the gate on a Texas cattle ranch. ;)