Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Cheap-Ass Florida Sportboat Regatta

Last year we ran out of gas while towing a Melges 24 from Key West to Charleston. I had about 2 gallons in a can so I chucked that in the tank, though my 2 AM brain hadn't realized (or cared) that it was mixed with oil, so the car's fuel pump was killed instantly. An anarchist connection helped us find a mechanic and a place to stay - and a series of coincidences stranded us in a spacious channelside hotel in a mid-south Florida beach town.

It was March and it was breezy - it usually is this time of year. High pressure means seabreeze - often strong - and low pressure means frontal blasts. We walked around the few seaside restaurants and bars, but the town is mostly beach, homes, a couple of CG stations, and a park that runs along the edge of the inlet. 3/4 of a mile inside the inlet on the way to the Intracoastal is the hotel of our Anarchist friend. It has 70 rooms, most with kitchens. There are two laundry rooms and two pools. The tiki hut bar is under construction, and will be open (hopefully) before anything I am contemplating. There are 400 feet of dock, deep slips, and pilings.

There are very few open-ocean regattas for small sportboats, yet racing in big winds and unimpeded ocean waves is one of the sport's real treasures - the kind of days that are easily remembered for years. There is still a real gap in the winter schedule for Melges 24s and the like that was once occupied by Miami Race Week. Nothing has filled that gap. We know that people still want to race, they just have a hard time justifying the expense with their finances hit so hard - so we are coming up with a solution.

The Sailing Anarchy Cheap-Ass Worlds (CHAW) Sportboat Invitational Regatta. Or the SAYC Fuck you bowl. Or something like that. Sportboat regatta, because the ramp launches are very nice, very close, and very free. This part of Florida because it is directly across from St. Pete, the previous event. This time of year (March) because it worked when Miami was still around, and it slots in very nicely between St. Pete and Charleston. Free storage from St. Pete until the event. Booze sponsor for open pour pool parties. Everyone staying at the same inexpensive hotel, two feet from the boats, and the event HQ. A good local band at the tiki bar after the free booze is gone. Fun, camaraderie, no attitude, big wave, sportboat racing, that owners will walk away from having spent a fraction of what they spend at any event - and the parties will obviously be much better.

Location is Fort Pierce, just south of Vero Beach, about 3 hours due East of Tampa. What do you want to see? Would you come? Vipers, Melges 20 and 24, Open, Laser, Ultimate 20, K6, and so on.

Clean ,you can count on Viper #77 being their,will get the word out ,we will also be doing St Pete nood and Key Biscayne at the end of March before Charleston Race Week.

Right on, kz7! I think that either March 7-8 or March 15-16 will work the best, though as a weekend-only regatta with very close ramps and easy logistics, it won't need as much of a hall pass as the 3-day events for you guys.

This thread is a chance to really shape the regatta that Sportboat anarchists want to see.

I know that so many of the M24 guys are getting tired of lake and harbor regattas, and the only good open ocean events now are Jersey and Newport - while the Vipers and U20s don't have anything in real water.

With so many people staying home from Key West and Jacksonville called off this year, I know the M24s are looking for something cheap, and the Vipers need to get their minions charging down 8 foot swells - it's religious, and this will be church.

This is a cool idea, and I know from the J/24 Nationals that SA sponsored, it will be one hell of a party! I do like the idea of a big, cheap, fun sportboat fest.

I just don't know if I can pull off another trip south. Vipers are currently pushing for St. Pete NOOD in Feb, Miami in March (important to help build the new local fleet), and Charleston in April. Cost is a factor, but time is the big one. I simply don't think I can take the time for one more. I may not even be able to make St. Pete, having already committed to Miami and Charleston. I'd love to see it happen this year and get some Vipers there, and make it part of our schedule for next year. Sort of like what's happened with Charleston for the Vipers from last year to this.

I'm starting a new business (filed the LLC today in fact), and the only way I could possibly go to this is if it's the weekend before the Coral Reef Cup, and I could make a sales trip out of the days in between. That's just me, and that may make it harder for others.

I know, and I wish I'd figured this out before some of you committed to the Miami thing. Still, we can help a lot of you make it work if that's what it takes - we could enlist some help and deliver and store the miami competitors in Ft. Pierce, something like that. Just looking for interest at the moment...

The open ocean swells, with good breeze and warm water are pretty appealing. For me there's a great deal of interest, but my reality is that it's a "probably not this year".

From a Class growth perspective, supporting Miami is more important this year. But for the new Miami Viperers, it's only a 2 hour ride, they should go! That's like a jaunt from Marblehead to Newport for the weekend, no biggie. And I'd expect some of the other SE Viperers may step up as kiwikz7 has.

shoot, if i could get a ride, i think that i would be down!

Clean - wow...very cool venue! This sounds like a perfect regatta.

The Texas V boys have our first circuit stop in late March. My boat wont arrive until late Feb so it's probably not in the cards for us this year.

Next year.. however - a comprehensive south circuit. Nood in Feb, Miami, this regatt and then Charleston. Sounds like a plan.. man.

Many years ago, traveling along the FL coast looking for fun surf spots during two different summers, stopped here and surfed. This was early 90's and I remember a slightly industrial looking place. Did make the effort to getting along the beach away from what looked like a sewage plant near the inlet (where you would normally look for surf during tide changes, but infections are no fun, aka, don't surf along the Jersey shoreline during a storm), I found it a nice place to hang. Google Earth shows a significantly built up locale from when I was there. Looks like a good idea still.

Nice A., good idea and hope this works out!

Back in the 90's the old Maxi 'Congiere' spent her winters there...

There is a great "Raw bar on the peer and nood beach down the road" :lol:

If it's cheep, the Elliott 770s might be interested. There are a few already in Fl and on Lake Lanier, and the one in Maine and I are coming down already for St. Pete.

Cool idea, Clean - thanks!

If it's cheep, the Elliott 770s might be interested. There are a few already in Fl and on Lake Lanier, and the one in Maine and I are coming down already for St. Pete.

Cool idea, Clean - thanks!

Please pass the word along to them and let me know if there's anything you need. Dates must be nailed down by this weekend. It will be VERY CHEAP.

Cheers M - we will definitely need R/C help.

Count me in for RC also.

Is there a 4000# lift with 7' of water near by for those of us with not quite ramp launch set-up. I need about 4' of water to float her off the trailer

I'm pretty sure that the ramp is a deep one, at least at high tide - but we'll do some investigating for sure. There is also the port - they will help if needed, and have lots of cranes. The important part of making this regatta work - on a trial basis and for next year - is to try to cut all unnecessary expenses out of the mix. Our goal is for an owner to be able to do the entire event - including crew lodging, entry, food, party, launch/haul, and transport - for under a grand. Our goal for entries is 20-30 this year, and 75-100 next. We may be nuts, but we think it can happen as long as sportboaters love ocean racing as much as we do.

I'm pretty sure that the ramp is a deep one, at least at high tide - but we'll do some investigating for sure. There is also the port - they will help if needed, and have lots of cranes. The important part of making this regatta work - on a trial basis and for next year - is to try to cut all unnecessary expenses out of the mix. Our goal is for an owner to be able to do the entire event - including crew lodging, entry, food, party, launch/haul, and transport - for under a grand. Our goal for entries is 20-30 this year, and 75-100 next. We may be nuts, but we think it can happen as long as sportboaters love ocean racing as much as we do.

I may spend more on gas

I may spend more on gas

At 1.69/gallon, I hope not. What the fuck are you pulling with - a V-10? Borrow someone's Subaru wagon.

I may spend more on gas

At 1.69/gallon, I hope not. What the fuck are you pulling with - a V-10? Borrow someone's Subaru wagon.

no clue... im looking for a new towing vehicle, what do you use for a 24?

I may spend more on gas

no clue... im looking for a new towing vehicle, what do you use for a 24?

I tow two of them around. One with a GMC Yukon, great for hauling crew and gear, but at 12 mpg, a nightmare for fuel. The other with a Subaru Legacy, gets 17 mpg at 70 mph and tows very well, plus when you drop the boat off it gets 26. You can get a late 90s Subaru like the one I use for 4 grand. You don't need anything bigger.

Right on, kz7! I think that either March 7-8 or March 15-16 will work the best, though as a weekend-only regatta with very close ramps and easy logistics, it won't need as much of a hall pass as the 3-day events for you guys.

This thread is a chance to really shape the regatta that Sportboat anarchists want to see.

The weekend of March 15-16 would be my preferred option.

M.

I may spend more on gas

Something wrong with a V-10? :blink:

Sounds like a great idea, hope that it all comes together. If anyone needs crew- I'll be down for it.

Location is Fort Pierce, just south of Vero Beach, about 3 hours due East of Tampa. What do you want to see? Would you come? Vipers, Melges 20 and 24, Open, Laser, Ultimate 20, K6, and so on.

You mean besides Mer's Tits? I think you've covered it ;)

I'm borrowing a U20 for St. Pete NOOD's so I've have to figure out how to get it there. No way I can drive the 7000 r/t miles with my boat. Sounds like a HELL of a party plus breeze and waves. Absolutely PERFECT! How's the surfing that time of year?

This post popped up on the U20 users group this morning, so I know quite a few are looking at Squeezing it in. There's a U20 OD race in Jan in Florida, the Noods, in Feb and now this in March. Pretty good sweep for the Southern Circuit, particularly given the option of some cheap storage pending boats moving back to Northern waters.

My preference would be Mer's birthday weekend too. San Diego Noods are March 20.

Great Idea Clean!

I may spend more on gas

Something wrong with a V-10? :blink:

not really, but better if it's a turbo diesel ;)

Any way this could fit in with the FT-10 season, QMN?

Tiger will be there. Ask Sol about getting race committee.

Sounds like fun. Perhaps a SR25 and a U24 ( Boom, you out there?) could come down from Jacksonville to play.

I think we could have fun with a mixed sportboat class. Anyone have experience with SMS or another rule that would work?

I think we could have fun with a mixed sportboat class. Anyone have experience with SMS or another rule that would work?

Use Portsmouth ratings - it was used at the mixed sportboat class a LIS NOOD and worked iine - tatings may have to be tweaked a tiny bit but probably the best for SB's

I can make it, it's up to the others. First dibs on Clive for crew.

RC has already volunteered: Madge and myself. We're going to get magpi and elle in on it too.

Use Portsmouth ratings - it was used at the mixed sportboat class a LIS NOOD and worked iine - tatings may have to be tweaked a tiny bit but probably the best for SB's

Ya know, it sure would be easy to leave Wanda in Ft. Pierce on her way North. I might even be able to take her...

Ya know, it sure would be easy to leave Wanda in Ft. Pierce on her way North. I might even be able to take her...

I am thinking about it - a bit tough timing wise (sometimes work interferes with your fun time). We are ditching KWRW - what's the point in racing 1 other boat and a bunch of leadmines for the spend involved?

Our participation in this would hinge on time available and competition in our speed range - don't want to sail by myself however much it is nice to get out of Chicago at that time of the year.

Sounds like fun. Perhaps a SR25 and a U24 ( Boom, you out there?) could come down from Jacksonville to play.

Hey Boom, if I can't manage to hook up with a U20 for this, I'll come crew for you, if you need it.

If memory serves me right, Elle's (and Bad Jelly's) birthday is sometime around mid-March as well.

M.

If memory serves me right, Elle's (and Bad Jelly's) birthday is sometime around mid-March as well.

M.

sure is..the 12th! i need to check the calendar, i think our mardi gras regatta is one of those weekends...if not, it would be a nice b-day road trip.

We are ditching KWRW - what's the point in racing 1 other boat and a bunch of leadmines for the spend involved?

While I'm dissapointed, I can't say I blame ya...

RC has already volunteered: Madge and myself. We're going to get magpi and elle in on it too.

does this mean the RC will be flashing during pre-start and for first to finish? I think it's about 4k miles, but what the hey!

does this mean the RC will be flashing during pre-start and for first to finish? I think it's about 4k miles, but what the hey!

Dude, it's sponsored by Sailing Anarchy. What do you think?

And I'm sure we can find charters for those on the other coast...

This sounds like a shit ton of fun; I guess I need to man up and get our trailer road ready...

Would like to see what kind of mixed class we would have before rolling down the road. Not sure on using Portsmouth. It is based on actual race data which is good but when you have little or no data, as in the case for the Antrim, it is no different than PHRF.

So the FT 7.5 could make that date, reading the other forum re 7.5 East Coast tour

So the FT 7.5 could make that date, reading the other forum re 7.5 East Coast tour

Yep. We will likely be sailing on the 7.5 in San Diego as well.

This sounds like a shit ton of fun; I guess I need to man up and get our trailer road ready...

Would like to see what kind of mixed class we would have before rolling down the road. Not sure on using Portsmouth. It is based on actual race data which is good but when you have little or no data, as in the case for the Antrim, it is no different than PHRF.

We need to nail down the date by the end of the week, then we'll start accepting entries and get a website up.

We are ditching KWRW - what's the point in racing 1 other boat and a bunch of leadmines for the spend involved?

You going with Pete?

You going with Pete?

Yeah, he is. I told him to harass you into going.

This is going on the front page and e-Anarchy:

Anarchy Bailout Package – Sportboat Style

We all know how bad this winter is for racing. Every major regatta is struggling for numbers, and almost every class is seeing boats mothballed and membership down. We know you want to race somewhere warm and windy, but Key West is too expensive, Miami's no better, and St. Pete has crappy wind and crappier parties.

Sailing Anarchy has a better idea: Sometime in March, SAYC is throwing a drunken bash, and we might even fit in two full days of racing on the open ocean. In a nod to the current America's Cup Challenger, we are launching the 'First Annual' SAYC Cheap-Ass Weekend (CHAW) Regatta down in Fort Pierce, Florida, during mid-south Florida's windy season. The venue is the Dockside Inn and Resort, a 70-room hotel with more than 300 feet of frontage on the Fort Pierce Inlet, exactly ¾ mile from the wide-open Atlantic. There's dock space for dozens of boats, two pools, and a brand new tiki bar/grill inches from the dock. The seafood is cheap and fresh, the drinks are cheap and strong, and the hotel is comfortable, clean, and inexpensive.

We've targeted the sportboat crowd for the CHAW – mostly because sporties are easy to trailer and drop in the water at the free ramp next door. The strong Southeast Melges 24, Viper 640, and Ultimate 20 fleets almost never get to race on real ocean courses with big swells and breeze – and that's an experience that should not be missed. We'd love to have a few one-design classes as well as some mixed sportboat racing, but the real goal is to have some adrenaline-blasting rides, lots of short course, action-packed racing, and hangovers the likes of which you haven't seen in years. So if you have one of the boats mentioned above, or a FT-10 or 7.5, a Melges 20, an Open 5.70, a Laser SB3, a K6, an Elliot – or pretty much anything that launches on a ramp and goes fast – your presence is requested.

It will come as no surprise to most of you that we don't have a clue what we're doing – so we're relying on the SA community to come together and tell us what y'all want. You guys have now designed a few boats, mobilized to help the needy, and changed the nature of sailing – so why not organize a regatta? We need to finalize a date by this weekend, so get on the thread and tell us what you think. We need volunteers and sponsors, but mostly we need racers. Given the timing (between St. Pete and Charleston), the price (did we mention it was going to be cheap), the venue (we said it was cheap, right?), and the parties (with SA as title sponsor...), we can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be there. Check it out.

You going with Pete?

Yeah, he is. I told him to harass you into going.

Not sure it would help much.........it would be fun to race Pete and the gang in his old boat though.

You're gonna love this video of the venue.

Captain Joe rocks! Do they have any idea what is forming on the Horizon? Cap'n Joe seems like the kinda guy that would give a hell of a group discount for say 25-50 rooms.

This place has great potential Clean. We may have to look to rework the Texas Viper Circuit Calender.

You're gonna love this video of the venue.

Captain Joe rocks! Do they have any idea what is forming on the Horizon? Cap'n Joe seems like the kinda guy that would give a hell of a group discount for say 25-50 rooms.

This place has great potential Clean. We may have to look to rework the Texas Viper Circuit Calender.

It's a natural. The minute I saw it I knew, and I've been looking for an excuse to get a regatta going there since. I spoke with Michael Miller today, who said he knew exactly where it is, he'd raced some 470 thing there back when he was on the US Sailing Team, and he thought it would be a sick spot for sportboat racing.

This place is great in general and for water sports, for sailing is fantastic. Location is good - in the mid of the FL and great ocean sailing - It is time to start working on the logistics and perhaps sponsorship.

Will try to approach a few people in my business area. Hope we might get $omething...

So I attend Florida State up in Tallahassee, and we think this is a wicked awesome idea that SA is doing this. We would love to be able to enter and race, but sadly our old beat up j/24 wouldnt be able to make the trip. Is there any chance of showing some dinghy love during this regatta? or is anyone in need of crew? if not, we're still there to spectate, as it were.

I'm gonna be hittin you up on Facebook in a little while.

:blink: um. go navy

You're right, there are less than 5 data points in the 0-1 Beaufort scale, over 15 in the 2-3 range, and between 5 and 15 in the 4 and 5 and above range for the Antrim 27. Of course that is better than the Esse which is not even listed. I have always thought that the Portsmouth yardstick did a good job, but without sufficient data points, it is pretty much shooting blind. I believe that PHRF does a good job between similar boats (Sport Boats), PHRF's main failing is trying to compare sport boats and lead mines, which ends up in a very condition driven competition. Personally I think that, especially if we get a mix of various sport boats that do not have sufficient Portsmough data points, that PHRF would do the best job.

Clean, let me know about hoists in the area, that is our only option with the Esse, we can't do it without hoist or crane. Is there a place we can hire a crane to come in and launch a few boats and come back to haul them, we could probably hire the crane for 4 hours each day for less than $1000 and launch several boats, combining the cost.

Clean, a great sailing community and location. you couldn't do better. Just brainwash all the participants when they leave. We like the treasure coast just like it is.

I think if you get the local area involved you'll get lots of support and participation. US Sailing center in Stuart, Palm beach Sail Club and Sail-Race.com should get you started.

I'd love to help but I just booked three weeks down under for march.

For the underpowered (motor) boats, the Fort Pierce inlet is a real pisser (long and fast) With the right/wrong wind/tide combo, some of the boats will need assist.

If you get OD dinghys, the the IndianRiver adjacent to the inlet would be the right venue.

I know you are talking about sailing offshore- I've never been to Ft Pierce so I'm wondering if there is an appropriate place for us to race E-Scows if the ocean is bumpy. There are quite a few E's in and around Charleston and we don't start racing them until the Easter Regatta in April. If it's a possibility we can try to mobilize the fleet. I know everyone will be ready to get wet by then. Sounds fun.

You guys are coming to my hometown!

I'll work on the J24 fleet in Miami and see if I can get them to come up, anyone from Jax want to come down to play? We have a lot of boat yards in the area that I will talk to about getting the bigger boats splashed. They are all right around the turning basin. (Did anyone mention that this is an active port? Small, but active.) May not be able to get it for free, but I can definitely get it cheap.

The inlet can be a bear, but is doable for the larger boats. It is actually one of the better inlets on the east coast of Florida. We also have the Indian River which is good for the smaller boats as long as we stay south of the inlet.

If I can't get the J's, I'll do RC. Let me know and I'll start lining up power boats. I am on the board of US Sailing in Jensen Beach, let me check and see who I can get from down there. We can probably get a Snipe fleet going too as there are a lot in the area. As well as M24's.

Madge, I'll pick you up at the airport! This is going to be a blast! I can also work on trailer storage with the city. Let me know what you want me to do. Palm Beach Sailing Club will definitely send some entries our way.

March 14,15 is a Sat-Sun. People got jobs yo.

march 14th, eh...seems an appropriate day to start an sa regatta.

At the moment, we are trying to concentrate on the ocean part of the racing. For this first year at least, we do not want the additional headache of having two courses, though we are definitely going to have a backup spot in the river if it's blowing 30 outside and the inlet is a washing machine. We are also trying to stay away from unballasted boats for safety's sake. That being said, we're pretty easy to convince if the numbers are there.

The inlet can be a bear, but is doable for the larger boats.

470s can do it, so can everyone else. If a full-on black NE'ly is raging, we'll either stay inside and race on flat water, or get hammered.

Isn't that steak and blowjob day?

The inlet can be a bear, but is doable for the larger boats.

470s can do it, so can everyone else. If a full-on black NE'ly is raging, we'll either stay inside and race on flat water, or get hammered.

Yeh.

If a NE'er is blowing, all the pussies can stay on shore and get drunk. The tough guys who go out sailing can scavenge their boats (to replace all the gear that gets broken) while they're sleeping it off.

Strategy!

FB- Doug

Isn't that steak and blowjob day?

yep. so...unless the regatta schedule on friday night includes steaks, i'll need a list of steakhouses close to the venue.

i'll need a list of steakhouses close to the venue.

a list? how many blow jobs are you aiming for?

s.

just one... but it's good to have choices. just kidding...the steak is traditional (as part of my b-day weekend) regardless of blow jobs.

I hate to be "that guy" who wants to participate but is uninvited...

but Ocean racing in March is perfect for the Nacra 20 / F18 fleets getting ready for the T500 that time of year. What are the chances that we could show up and get a start. No special course would be required and we don't take up too much room at the bar :P

but Ocean racing in March is perfect for the Nacra 20 / F18 fleets getting ready for the T500 that time of year. What are the chances that we could show up and get a start. No special course would be required and we don't take up too much room at the bar :P

I think I'll have to ask our PRO about that. I'd hate to be the guy to not invite a class that wants in - especially beach cats. See what the interest is like and let us know.

I live about a block from this hotel. Anyone that needs 1) hardworking, hard-drinking crew and/or 2) local info let me know!

Could not believe my eyes when I looked on the front page today.

This place is down the road and has a good aerial photograph that was taken recently, scroll down to the bottom. The Dockside is in the upper left hand corner.

www.sms.si.edu

EDIT: I should note that the ramp you see in the bottom there is the closest, but is not very deep. It certainly is possible at high tide and with a smaller boat like M24, U20, etc. There is a deeper ramp to the west on the other side of the causeway that is probably a better bet.

Wow Clean,

They have a "BAIT SHACK." Holly shit that changes everything - Hoodlum is in if you can get some other M24's to go.

ND

Word, brother. I'm finally racing again this weekend in Charleston with Blur - there is a good chance that we can get most of the CHS contingent there. EVERYONE's dick gets hard when they think of real waves and big breeze.

For Vipers and M24s doing St. Pete, we will be setting up free or very low cost storage for the month between St. Pete and the CHAW. We will also have low cost towing available if you want to fly out of St. Pete, and fly back into wherever is close to Ft. Pierce. Onward from the CHAW, Charleston Race Week has free storage set up, and we'll put together some more cheap-ass trailering (CHAT) from Ft. Pierce to Charleston.

FYI: West Palm Beach airport is around 45 minutes away. Ft. Pierce has a little airport as well - don't know the details there.

FYI: West Palm Beach airport is around 45 minutes away. Ft. Pierce has a little airport as well - don't know the details there.

Thank you - that was going to be my next question :)

M.

I'll work on the J24 fleet in Miami and see if I can get them to come up, anyone from Jax want to come down to play? We have a lot of boat yards in the area that I will talk to about getting the bigger boats splashed. They are all right around the turning basin. (Did anyone mention that this is an active port? Small, but active.) May not be able to get it for free, but I can definitely get it cheap.

The inlet can be a bear, but is doable for the larger boats. It is actually one of the better inlets on the east coast of Florida. We also have the Indian River which is good for the smaller boats as long as we stay south of the inlet.

If I can't get the J's, I'll do RC. Let me know and I'll start lining up power boats. I am on the board of US Sailing in Jensen Beach, let me check and see who I can get from down there. We can probably get a Snipe fleet going too as there are a lot in the area. As well as M24's.

Madge, I'll pick you up at the airport! This is going to be a blast! I can also work on trailer storage with the city. Let me know what you want me to do. Palm Beach Sailing Club will definitely send some entries our way.

Thank you!!!! I was wondering when you were going to pick up on this.

Mr. Clean - SERIOUSLY - connect with "Klutz". She knows the local sailing season inside out backwards and sideways. MSG knows her as well. She is also working OCR with MSG and myself in January.

M.

I think I'll have to ask our PRO about that. I'd hate to be the guy to not invite a class that wants in - especially beach cats. See what the interest is like and let us know.

Who is the PRO?

M.

Who is the PRO?

M.

Not decided yet, but we have a couple of great offers from people we know and like. We're holding out for a PRO who moonlights as a coke dealer.

Mr. Clean - SERIOUSLY - connect with "Klutz". She knows the local sailing season inside out backwards and sideways. MSG knows her as well. She is also working OCR with MSG and myself in January.

M.

I wanna pick up Madge at the airport too!!!! :lol:

Serious, I can absolutely help shuttle anyone to the venue from either the Lauderdale airport or West Palm.

Clean, what's my alcohol budget for the party? Can we get a mechanical bull for the party?

I will bring my J/24 down from Melbourne, it is right in my backyard. May be able to bring two others down as well!!

M.

I wanna pick up Madge at the airport too!!!! :lol:

Serious, I can absolutely help shuttle anyone to the venue from either the Lauderdale airport or West Palm.

Clean, what's my alcohol budget for the party? Can we get a mechanical bull for the party?

Wow, my own welcoming committee!

Good thing I get paid 3 times in April. Visa is going to love me 2 trips to Florida in a 6 week period :unsure:

Mr. Clean please be advised that there will be a CONSIDERABLE amount of planning being undertaken by MSG, Klutz and myself during R/C duties on the Paralympic course at OCR. We might/or might not keep you informed.

Do you think that we should see if the Burns-o-matic is available for this event? Bulk serving is always a good thing.