Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyrus

SAYC Sponsorship for Russia VOR

I wonder how much money it would cost to stick a big red A on Team Russia's main sail and cover the next leg of the Volvo race. I'd start with $10 each ....

Berti might start to wince!

Nice dream ..... Team Anarchy Challenge assist in Russia VOR campaign .... I have emailed Team Russia to pose the question ....

Could you imagine Bertie's face if he saw that big red A sailing out of Singapore?

This is an outstanding idea.

This would absolutely get my US$10. . . I might even go to ten quid. Great PR for the challenge as well. "We believe in helping inclusive racing" etc.

However, I suspect that even if 10,000 anarchists all ponied up, that wouldn't be enough to get them to a place where they could continue. US$100 probably would!

So much for the fantastic commercial opportunity the new course gives!

It can never hurt to ask.

Once we know a number then we can start to add it up.

I´m in for the 10 EUR too --- but please no PayPal - Moneybookers lets more beef over for the SA VOR Team .... Buy the way: I like the suggestion by SYDE - Anarchists plus broken Vendée Globe guys under a big red A :-)

I'm afraid the ruskie billionaire will have to make it happen without my help, but it will be good practice for AC fund raising.

Using the SA challenge model, the dudes at F1 Anarchy have just bought the Honda F1 racing team for a nominal $1 and are working on the easy part of the deal raising the $150M /yr to run it.

I'm afraid the ruskie billionaire will have to make it happen without my help, but it will be good practice for AC fund raising.

Using the SA challenge model, the dudes at F1 Anarchy have just bought the Honda F1 racing team for a nominal $1 and are working on the easy part of the deal raising the $150M /yr to run it.

I thought that was Team French Spirit's model.

I thought that was Team French Spirit's model.

We aint buyin' it, we just want enough cash to run it around the block a few times.

Kind of like when we used to round-up all the coke bottles we could, cash them in and get enough to put in the tank to go hang-out at the Causeway on a Friday night, maybe a little street race or two also........... :ph34r:

Well, here is the answer ....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many thanks for your enquiry. Running costs per leg average around Euro 400-500k, depending on the length of leg and stopover. Singapore is a long stopover, and an expensive venue, so for Leg 4 it's in the 500k bracket.

I'm not sure of the purpose of your enquiry, but we are still seeking sponsorship for the Team, with a view to restarting the race.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind regards

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

My reply is as follows;

What we'd want is the space on the main sail for our corporate logo. Do you have any other interested parties in terms of keeping you racing? Perhaps we could work in conjunction with another party to keep you going and try to build momentum for your campaign to at least get you to reach your home turf.Kind regards,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At Approx $1mill per leg we would need every one of the million SA readers to put in $1 to cover. In reality, $10 a head for a share of the leg costs, for the magic A main could be more feasible if there was a boat sponsor also.

Any thoughts anyone?

At Approx $1mill per leg we would need every one of the million SA readers to put in $1 to cover. In reality, $10 a head for a share of the leg costs, for the magic A main could be more feasible if there was a boat sponsor also.

Any thoughts anyone?

Wouldn't $1M be better spent on the SA AC effort? And I'd be very surprised to find out that there are one million SA readers.

1 Mill per month as I understand it.

Not suggesting we cough the whoe $1mill. But perhaps share the next leg with other spnsors with view of having the Anarchy Mainsail on the boat for branding purposes.

good job cyrus...so would they seriously consider us at all??

how many people were involved in raising $ for Hans' family last time around? 10,000 anarchists?? that could at least give us an idea of SA's realistic reach in terms of people who may possibly put some money on the table (i know its different and i'm not comparing team russia to Hans, just to get an idea)...10k@ $10 ea, 100k...that would certainly help, and at least put a logo on the main....how much for a big logo on the kites?!?!

While there are a million or more unique visitors to the site in Jan and February, it is unrealistic to think that a significant percentage would contribute to funding a leg of the VOR to the tune of 100 grand, let alone five. What we can do is make sure the world knows that they are looking, and that all of a sudden there was a cheap way to be part of a Volvo team for short while. If Branson would spend what he did for a failed transatlantic record attempt, why wouldn't one of our readers throw a few hundred grand at a Volvo team out of good will and the desire to race the beast?

If Branson would spend what he did for a failed transatlantic record attempt, why wouldn't one of our readers throw a few hundred grand at a Volvo team out of good will and the desire to race the beast?

Why can't Branson save the day for the Russians? Paint the boat white and call the team "Virgin White Russian". Or "Russian Virgin"? The possibilities are endless are they not?

Something doesn't pass the smell test. A Russian Billionaire is shutting down his team because of lack of sponsorship? Better leave this one alone. And wouldn't be fabulous to replace "Russian Billionaire" with "Swiss Billionaire"? ;)

And shouldn't this be in the Ocean Racing section? ;)

WetHog :ph34r:

1 Mill per month as I understand it.

Not suggesting we cough the whoe $1mill. But perhaps share the next leg with other spnsors with view of having the Anarchy Mainsail on the boat for branding purposes.

Yea- you organise coughing up 250 large for the main on a russian boat with no chance of finishing the race, and I'm sure clean will put you in charge of $15m Challenge fund raising.

While there are a million or more unique visitors to the site in Jan and February, it is unrealistic to think that a significant percentage would contribute to funding a leg of the VOR to the tune of 100 grand, let alone five. What we can do is make sure the world knows that they are looking, and that all of a sudden there was a cheap way to be part of a Volvo team for short while. If Branson would spend what he did for a failed transatlantic record attempt, why wouldn't one of our readers throw a few hundred grand at a Volvo team out of good will and the desire to race the beast?

Richard Branson did it because he has a history of Atlantic record breaking, he can afford to do what ever the fuck he wants and usually does, and it is something he wants to do with his family, I wonder which of your readers is going to throw 200 large or more at a boat owned by a russian billianaire which has been last in every leg, because you think it would be a cool thing to do.

How many 'hits' does 1m unique visitors a month make?

Richard Branson did it because he has a history of Atlantic record breaking, he can afford to do what ever the fuck he wants and usually does, and it is something he wants to do with his family, I wonder which of your readers is going to throw 200 large or more at a boat owned by a russian billianaire which has been last in every leg, because you think it would be a cool thing to do.

How many 'hits' does 1m unique visitors a month make?

Something like 150 million hits last month, not that it's a useful figure. Why?

I certainly don't know all our readers, but I do know that the owners of some very fast, very expensive boats lurk and even post here. Who knows?

Hmmm sounds very Premier Challenge (Grant Warrington) to me.

Maybe crying poor will attract some business, personally i hope it does as 8 boats is better than 7.

Ol' mate russian knew exactly how much this race was going to cost from the get go. To enter without sponsorship was a big call, thats why the Mean Machine campaign pulled the pin early on as they couldnt get people to commit the cash. To go all out with a crazy boat may have been a little silly. If the cash/sponsors was short, maybe they should have gone down the Delta Lloyd path and just snap up a 2nd hand VO70 at a fraction of what a brand new boat costs.

That said, i really hope they get the frieght to continue on with the race. If they do get the cash and sort out some of the crew, they could be a real contender for a top 5 place in the next leg.

My guess is not all of it is needed right away, and a pledge mechanism to keep the motel bed shaking, I'm in for $20. $5 for each iceberg sighting.