• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Down To The Wire!

Big drama at the F40 gate: Convexity barely holds on but takes the unfavored right gate,

Joe Fly takes the left, with Goombay just outside them.

Groovederci gets ahead of Mascalzone, who is overlapped inside Barking Mad, BM is so far outside that they lose 2 BLs at the rounding, ML has them on this one but it is SHIFTY!

Plenty

Nanoq

Oz

Spaceman

1130H: It is a pretty square run to the gate and the M32s are about a minute from the gate

M24 top mark rounding WTF 22,Full Throttle 33, Giacomel Audi 42, UKA UKA 43, and KO Sailing 38

1129H: Rumor is still leading at the gate

M32 bottom mark rounding Argo 72, Arkle 74, Banshee 76, Leenabarca 83, and Star 32 ... tight fleet around the mark

They look like they are just on top of one another. Taboo 88 just did a turn

This is the tightest we've seen them ..13 went left and 9 went right.

1131H: XS is round the top and coming back down.

Elysium is leading Lightning Rod around the gate

IRC2

First Light

Cool Breeze (go ralfie!)

Ngoni

Tiburon

Santa Cruz One

Solnes III

Oct 1

Soozi

Hot Ticket

Ciao

Teamwork

Hurrycane

JItillIDie

thanks for course 3 updates, my old man is on Tangent! Im going to have to listen to him all year......

Why aren't they in PHRF-2 where they were last year. Much tighter rating band and definitely where they belong.

I smell some Key West PHRF politics going on :)

The video issue is just that this course - the most westerly - has the weakest signal. But the BM vid is 94% uploaded, and the other ones are right behind it. We are staying for the F40 finishes and then we must get to the Melges course.

You're going to love these vids.

JItillIDie

thanks for course 3 updates, my old man is on Tangent! Im going to have to listen to him all year......

Why aren't they in PHRF-2 where they were last year. Much tighter rating band and definitely where they belong.

PHRF politics? Unheard of!

1139H: J105 top mark rounding Wasabi 52, Another Hazard 40, Tenacious 54, Max Power 90, and Savasana 55

UKA UKA, Joe Fly, and Blu Moon are still right together

M24 bottom mark rounding Full Throttle33, WTF 22, UKA UKA 43, Giacomel Audi 42, and Joe Fly 39

While we wait for the Farr 40s, here's another good story. One shore crew member from a M24 team disappeared Tuesday night. The team woke up at 7, just as he was walking in. He collapsed on the couch, and they were startled to find that he was wearing only jeans. No shirt, no shoes, no wallet, no socks, no glasses - just jeans. And they had blood all over them.

Weird....

1142H: 11 knot winds - div 3

Winds shifting back to 040 - div 3

1144H: XS has crossed the finish. Big gap for the next boat.

1144H: 055 degrees at the gate, 040-045 at the top - div 2

1142H: (SB) Joe Fly is first around WM2 on the second beat; (SW) Farr 30's through the gate: 1- 704 2 - 41 3 - 58

Farr 40 STart: and Mer shows her tits. Kind of.

Alright vegas - I'm not going to do it any more because you are WAY too fast. Thanks bro!

40s coming in!

1151H: J105 bottom mark rounding Savasana and Eclipse are approaching from different

sides rounding the two gates almost simultaneous ... 4 on the right, 7 on the left ... first to round Another Hazard 40, Big Booty 58, Eclipse 50, Savasana 55, and Rum at Six 56

1150H: All crew are okay. Hopefully, they have enough to not cause problems under motor. - usa 1, div 3

1155H: USA 1, Flying Tiger is using their outboard to motor off the course, so steerage should be okay.

Rush and Good Girl battling for the finish line; GG from the right, Rush from the left.

1153H: M32 2nd top mark rounding Banshee 76, Argo 72, Star 32, Arkle 74, and Ninkasi 85

Reverend Pete -

Thought you might appreciate this ultimate seal of approval. Was watching the recap you posted yesterday with my constipated 17 month old daughter curled up on my lap. When it got to the scene with all the Melgi coming downwind under spinn, she actually forgot about the dump she'd been whining about for the prior 2 hours and stood up on my lap and started clapping. If you can get her to forget about taking a crap for a few minutes... you must be doing something right.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing!

What... too much?

1151H: J105 bottom mark rounding Savasana and Eclipse are approaching from different

sides rounding the two gates almost simultaneous ... 4 on the right, 7 on the left ... first to round Another Hazard 40, Big Booty 58, Eclipse 50, Savasana 55, and Rum at Six 56

1150H: All crew are okay. Hopefully, they have enough to not cause problems under motor. - usa 1, div 3

Ok what happened Here?

Mascalzone coming in HOT and they are going to lead ths regatta! They pip COnvexity at the favored pin end of the line, surfing down a big wave - Vincenzo is one hell of a driver!

Joe Fly

Mascalzone

Convexity

Goombay

Barking Mad

Mangusta Risk

Groovederci

Plenty

Flash Gordon

Oz

Nanoq

Spaceman Spiff

1145H: (SB) Rio is second across the line. Then Ran

1148H: USA 1 has dropped sails. They snapped a rudder. They were at the windward mark. - div 3

that sucks, sorry to hear that BP & MM...

tough rating, lousy way to end the regatta.

rudder broke. surprising given china's stellar reputation of quality craftsmanship.

It obviously didn't contain enough lead or melamine :P

1145H: (SB) Rio is second across the line. Then Ran

1148H: USA 1 has dropped sails. They snapped a rudder. They were at the windward mark. - div 3

poor tiger

Ok what happened Here?

baby tiger broke it's rudder

As we move to the Div 2 Course, the signal is getting better, so look for videos to move quicker. Can someone please tell me what the current M32 and M24 situation is based on the blog?

As we move to the Div 2 Course, the signal is getting better, so look for videos to move quicker. Can someone please tell me what the current M32 and M24 situation is based on the blog?

Banshee wins M32 according to blog

UNOFFICIAL M32 to finish Banshee 76, Argo 72, Ninkasi 85, Star 32, Arkle 74, and Red 84

Hi... just checking in for a quick minute:

WM2:

Banshee

Argo

Star

Arkle

Ninkasi

New Wave

Bitipi

Leenabarca

Red

Team Barbarians

Nothing there about the M24's

Blog finish for M32:

Banshee

Argo

Ninkasi

Star

Arkle

Red

Leenabarca

New Wave

UKA UKA, Joe Fly, and Blu Moon are still right together

M24 bottom mark rounding Full Throttle33, WTF 22, UKA UKA 43, Giacomel Audi 42, and Joe Fly 39

this was the last m24 update. i believe it's for the 1st gate.

Ok what happened Here?

baby tiger broke it's rudder

Crap.

UNOFFICIAL M32 to finish Banshee 76, Argo 72, Ninkasi 85, Star 32, Arkle 74, and Red 84

Hi Judah,,

The NW boys are missing you on this one:

Finish:

Banshee

Argo

Ninkasi

Star

Arkle

Red

Leenabarca

New Wave

Here is the story.

Star came downwind on starbboard on the right of the run.

Red gybed early and sent it down the left where they made big gains. As they gybed for the line they rolled Leenabarca in the last few yards to the finish.

Star had lost one place so the delta between them and Red was just two places.

We heard a protest call from Ninkasi on the radio and also New Wave have a red flag flying.

Unofficial scoring now has Star leading by a point.

While we wait for the Farr 40s, here's another good story. One shore crew member from a M24 team disappeared Tuesday night. The team woke up at 7, just as he was walking in. He collapsed on the couch, and they were startled to find that he was wearing only jeans. No shirt, no shoes, no wallet, no socks, no glasses - just jeans. And they had blood all over them.

Weird....

Was the blood in the front or the back?

Mascalzone coming in HOT and they are going to lead ths regatta! They pip COnvexity at the favored pin end of the line, surfing down a big wave - Vincenzo is one hell of a driver!

Joe Fly

Mascalzone

Convexity

Goombay

Barking Mad

Mangusta Risk

Groovederci

Plenty

Flash Gordon

Oz

Nanoq

Spaceman Spiff

Did you get some video?

1211H: M24 2nd top mark rounding Full Throttle 33, WTF 22, Giacomel Audi 42, UKA UKA 43, KO Sailing 38

J105 2nd top mark rounding Eclipse 50, Big Booty 58, Max Power 90, Savasana 55, and Tenaciou 54

UNOFFICIAL M24 to finish Full Throttle 33 get the horn ..WTF 22, UKA UKA 43, Giacomel Audi 42, KO Sailing, Blu Moon 16, and Joe Fly 39

1209H: Kicks is the second J80

Hi Judah,,

Finish:

Banshee

Argo

Ninkasi

Star

Arkle

Red

Leenabarca

New Wave

Here is the story.

Star came downwind on starbboard on the right of the run.

Red gybed early and sent it down the left where they made big gains. As they gybed for the line they rolled Leenabarca in the last few yards to the finish.

Star had lost one place so the delta between them and Red was just two places.

We heard a protest call from Ninkasi on the radio and also New Wave have a red flag flying.

Unofficial scoring now has Star leading by a point.

No fun working. I am sure I will pay the price in penalty shots in Miami...JR

Not only is Maryann incredibly sexy, but she is also one of the top Melges 17 helms in the fleet. And so cool, and so nice, and listen to her interview. Yes, I asked her to show me her tits yesterday, but no dice.

Not only is Maryann incredibly sexy, but she is also one of the top Melges 17 helms in the fleet. And so cool, and so nice, and listen to her interview. Yes, I asked her to show me her tits yesterday, but no dice.

What are you out of Chloroform?

blog:

1211H: M24 2nd top mark rounding Full Throttle 33, WTF 22, Giacomel Audi 42, UKA UKA 43, KO Sailing 38

UNOFFICIAL M24 to finish Full Throttle 33 get the horn ..WTF 22, UKA UKA 43, Giacomel Audi 42, KO Sailing, Blu Moon 16, and Joe Fly 39

Hi Judah,,

No fun working. I am sure I will pay the price in penalty shots in Miami...JR

Hear you on that one!

Rooting for Mike, Marty & team from NJ.

Best,

VJN

J105 2nd top mark rounding Eclipse 50, Big Booty 58, Max Power 90, Savasana 55, and Tenaciou 54

AWESOME coverage on the 105s today! thanks! edge of my seat, but it will still come down to race 10! :unsure:

Clean the Coupon code is OTWA9, no zero because I thought it would confuse you, you know another digit to remember.

Keep up the good work, and Mer those boardshorts look good on you.

TC

MUMMS

Jack-a-roe (GO THE BEVERATOR)

Kinetic

Mummbles (Farrbles?)

Mummy (Fairy?)

Rhumb Punch

That should keep our Vancouver home boy's in solid first. Keep it up guy's

1219H: unofficial J105 to finish Eclipse 50, Big Booty 58, Max Power 90, Savasana 55, Tenacious 54, and Rum At Six 56

J/105's are very tight.

Unoff. Pt Standing

Eclipse - 24

Savasana - 24

Max Power- 27

Go Damian!

JItillIDie

That never happens! The PHRF Consortium are all professionals and experts in dermining who to screw over, I mean how to fairly rate boats that already have ratings.

Will Museler

1219H: unofficial J105 to finish Eclipse 50, Big Booty 58, Max Power 90, Savasana 55, Tenacious 54, and Rum At Six 56

J/105's are very tight.

Unoff. Pt Standing

Eclipse - 24

Savasana - 24

Max Power- 27

Go Damian!

i just did the same thing... LOL :P

1228H: (SB) IRC 2 finishes - Cool Breeze, Ngoni, Soozal, Act One, Hot Ticket, Gold Digger - these are uncorrected finishes

1226H: M32 Star now leads Red by one point. Places have not changed in the M24 class ... J105s Savasana and Eclipse are tied with 24 points followed by Max Power with 27

1231H: (SB) Course information for Race 10 - Course #5 - 3 weather legs and 2 downwind legs with an upwind finish for all classes. The bearing is 040, WM1 is 2.3 nm and WM2 is 1.9 nm. Wind speed is about 11-12 kts.

IRC 1 is all clear at the start of Race 10.

In sequence for the Race 10. - div 3

Let's make this last set of races the best ones.

I am now at home watching OTWA and not at my just happened former workplace.

Let's GOOOOOOOO...........................Fire the guns!

Party on!

Nitemare wins the pin, New wave over here at the boat, about 15 spectator and press boats and a total shit show, but man this is sweet! Breeze to 17...

The daily vids are all being shanghaied by Youtube's copyright policy - just trust me that the shit will be up in high res by the end of the weekend, and it is some of the funnest race footage ever.

Nooooooo - Dood tell me you just didn't get shit canned

Flushed...................................

Flushed...................................

If you were in pharma, bio or chemicals - I might have a nice op for you in Sarasota - PM Me