Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Down To The Wire!

Hey to everyone (the whole freaking lot of ya) who PM'd me for a Pharma gig - This is Manufacturing ..not sales..So if you have an engineering, chem, micro, or regulatory background - I might be able to get your foot in the door - Everyone in sales - You're too pretty to be out of the public eye - go tend bar!

1247H: (SB) Unofficial calculations show that Barking Mad and Mascalzone Latino each have 31 point and Joe Fly has 32 points going into Race 10.

Looks like a few DSQs went on it the room last night.

Yeah and ole Jack A Roe was tossed for some thing:(

While we wait for the Farr 40s, here's another good story. One shore crew member from a M24 team disappeared Tuesday night. The team woke up at 7, just as he was walking in. He collapsed on the couch, and they were startled to find that he was wearing only jeans. No shirt, no shoes, no wallet, no socks, no glasses - just jeans. And they had blood all over them.

Weird....

Was the blood in the front or the back?

Someone could volunteer to give his pecker a sniff test to determine where he'd been.

1259H: All off and running.

PHRF-1: Kali pushed over ElOcaso at the pin end with XS taking clear air at the RC

PHRF2: Too Sweet at t he pin end with Good Girl; Rush had to port tack across the back of the fleet.

J80s: LuckyFrog and Angry Chameleon at the pin end with Rumor in the middle of the line. 1/2 of the fleet went left, 1/2 went right. Rumor went left.

PHRF3 - All were late, held off by the current flow down the course. Thunderbolt ahead of Seefest at the pin end, Tangent in the middle of the line.

1302H: (SB) Joe Fly rounds WM2 first, Barking Mad, and Mascalzone is 5th - all Farr 40s rounded in less than a minutes.

Rio, Ran just rounded the gate.

Tiburon is the first Swan 42 around WM2

1303H: M32 top mark rounding Star 32, Leenabarca 83, Argo 72, New Wave 73, Nitemare 75 ... Nitemare hit the mark and Flat Stanley was seen doing turns

030-040 reported from the top

1304H: PHRF4: Thunderbox at the pin end; Lobo Rojo and En Charette playing with each other in the middle of the line; Lobo Rojo almost pushed out.

Yeah and ole Jack A Roe was tossed for some thing:(

That Sucks - Someone buy Bev and JT a cocktail for me ... I'll pay you back ..Really

Hey to everyone (the whole freaking lot of ya) who PM'd me for a Pharma gig - This is Manufacturing ..not sales..So if you have an engineering, chem, micro, or regulatory background - I might be able to get your foot in the door - Everyone in sales - You're too pretty to be out of the public eye - go tend bar!

Someone's got to sell the stuff.

Does manufacturing meth qualify?

I am now at home watching OTWA and not at my just happened former workplace.

Nooooooo - Dood tell me you just didn't get shit canned

Flushed...................................

Welcome to the party pal!

clean, please tell me you saw/are watching the m24's right now. shit is going down.

What happened?

I am now at home watching OTWA and not at my just happened former workplace.

Nooooooo - Dood tell me you just didn't get shit canned

Flushed...................................

Welcome to the party pal!

clean, please tell me you saw/are watching the m24's right now. shit is going down.

What happened?

JI - did KO get out clean? m24s

no idea. we should get an interesting weather mark update soon. looking forward to it...

1311H: (SB) Nanoq just gybed to cover Mangusta Risk and looks like they are 5th around the gate.

Where is LennaBarca (M32) and how did they do in race 1 today?

Melges 32 Gate Rounding

Star

Argo

New Wave

Leenabarca

Bitipi

War Canoe

Ninkasi

Arkle

Red

Barbarians

Calvi Network

Taboo

Shakedown

Banshee

Highlife

Lake Effect

Mojo

Flat Stanley

Dark N Stormy

Just back in from the RIB - BLU MOON IS WINNIN G THE REGATTA!

Uka uka back in the teens, gybed off on a flyer to try to get it back - they're coming down now!!

WTF got FUCKED and lost 6 boats at the mark...More to come.

1314H: The much awaited for ... M24 top mark rounding Blu Moon 16, Giacomel Audi 42, One Sixty 45, Monsoon 31, Party Girl 41, Full Throttle 33, Pacemaker 35, Bailout 18, WTF 22, KO Sailing 38

The last race is Course 5 (5 legs) ... lots more mark rounding to go

Signal is on the move to the top of the course to set up for finishes - div 2

1315H: Misty, the judges boat is out here with quite a crowd on their flybridge. - div 1

Div 1 signal boat is now heading up to the top of the course to set up a windward finish. Will be very interesting to watch the last beat. - div 1

Just back in from the RIB - BLU MOON IS WINNIN G THE REGATTA!

Uka uka back in the teens, gybed off on a flyer to try to get it back - they're coming down now!!

WTF got FUCKED and lost 6 boats at the mark...More to come.

nice...

bet Alan said WTF.

1312H: (SB) Mangusta Risk is flying a B flag and so does Plenty.

1313H: (SB) And Spaceman Spiff and Oz bring up the rear. very exciting rounding and could bode a shuffle in standings.

1317H: Seeing wind at 040. XS around the top end.

Bottom Mark!!!!

Blu Moon

Giacomel Audi

Full Throttle

Monsoon

Party Girl (HI JANET)

One 60

Peacemaker 35

Bailout

KO Sailing

WTF

Zingara

Carloan

Uka Uka

Joe Fly

Convexity

1318H: J105 top mark rounding Max Power 90, Big Booty, Savasana, Tenacious, ... Eclipse is 3rd from last

1319H: (SB) We are following the Farr 40s up the beat. The boats on port tack in order are Joe Fly, Barking Mad and the Crown Prince. Can't see far enough over to the starboard tack boats.

Nanoq just tacked over to starboard after getting pinched by Barking Mad

i have a feeling that uka will be able to pick off enough boats to catch blu moon in the standings, lots of race left. but they're certainly making it interesting! does anyone know how many points uka was winning by going into the last race?

1322H: (SB) Halfway up the beat is looks like Mascalzone may be leading. Joe Fly just tacked on a puff and will cross in front of Barking Mad - but they just tacked under Joe Fly. Joe Fly is now clearly behind M-L by about 3 boat lengths. Joe Fly and Barking Mad are fighting for second to WM2 for the second windward leg.

1323H: (SB) Barking is another 2 boatlengths behind Joe Fly - all boats on starboard.

1321H: Elysium having the lead downwind just ahead of Lightning Rod.

TOp mark vids loading right now - amazing action! We are way off the course heading up in the mother ship, hope to get to the M24 top before they do but we have to go a long way around with our big wake. Funny that the best vids all come from the flybridge - something to keep in mind next time. Tuna Tower, anyone? Bet on it.

No time to read the whole thread - did all those F40 vids get up? We got through to the finish, just making sure.

i have a feeling that uka will be able to pick off enough boats to catch blu moon in the standings, lots of race left. but they're certainly making it interesting! does anyone know how many points uka was winning by going into the last race?

1322H: (SB) Halfway up the beat is looks like Mascalzone may be leading. Joe Fly just tacked on a puff and will cross in front of Barking Mad - but they just tacked under Joe Fly. Joe Fly is now clearly behind M-L by about 3 boat lengths. Joe Fly and Barking Mad are fighting for second to WM2 for the second windward leg.

1323H: (SB) Barking is another 2 boatlengths behind Joe Fly - all boats on starboard.

1321H: Elysium having the lead downwind just ahead of Lightning Rod.

Uka was up by 7

TOp mark vids loading right now - amazing action! We are way off the course heading up in the mother ship, hope to get to the M24 top before they do but we have to go a long way around with our big wake. Funny that the best vids all come from the flybridge - something to keep in mind next time. Tuna Tower, anyone? Bet on it.

How bout a guy up the Mast of a Gunboat 62 - That would be awesome - and stable

with a throw out it doesn't matter does it. they have nothing worse than a 5th. am i wrong?

No time to read the whole thread - did all those F40 vids get up? We got through to the finish, just making sure.

If you have to ask... ;)

A quick thank you to Naptown chix Sara Proctor and Amy Batdorf for doing an amazing job making OTW good for you. Buy 'em a drink next time you see them at the Boatyard.

This is really goddamned exciting - i don't even know who I want to cheer for - so many good folks on these teams.

1330H: We are now at WM2 . M-L is now on the port layline

M-L is still leading. Looks like the order will be M-L, JF, BM, but Convexity may give BM some trouble.

1330H: M32 bottom mark rounding Start32,Argo 72,New Wave 73, Leenabarca 83, and War Conoe 82

M24 bottom mark rounding Blu Moon 16,Giacomel 42, Full Throttle 33, Party Girl 41, One Sixty 45, Monsoon 31, Pacemaker 35, Bailout 18, KO 38, WTF 22

Gotta love seeing the big A on two or three media boats...and a guy came over on a RIB and said "Sailing Anarchy? We love you guys - thanks for the site - we're here all the way from Canada!"

Peter Craig and the PR staff were 20 feet away.

Got to hand it to him - the RC's have been damned good, the racing spectacular. Hire good PROs is the lesson here.

http://www.premiere-racing.com/09_KW_Resul...div1_series.htm

race 9 div 1

1333H: J105 bottom mark rounding Max Power 90, Big Booty 58, Savasana 55, Tenacious 54, Caress 59

1332H: We are at the top end of the course, anchoring for the finish.

XS has come around followed by Wairere.

Logo Rojo was the first PHRF-4 through the gate followed by Elysium.Lightning Rod next.

1331H: M32 2nd top mark rounding New Wave 73, Argo 72, Star 32, War Canoe 82,Leenabarca 83 ... Red is deep in the fleet
Go Marty!!! extend, extend...

1334H: (SB) Rounding - First - M-L, Joe Fly is 17 sec behind M-L, Convexity is 30 sec behind M-L, Barking Mad is 45 sec behind M-L. ; All Farr 40s continue down the leg on starboard gybe - they are all lined up

1302H: (SB) Joe Fly rounds WM2 first, Barking Mad, and Mascalzone is 5th - all Farr 40s rounded in less than a minutes.

Rio, Ran just rounded the gate.

Tiburon is the first Swan 42 around WM2

man up CURTIS!

OK everyone, for your viewing pleasure!

Rev Pete's hi res work for days 2 and 3 is up on www.champosa.com

These are big files--you will need a hefty rig to watch them. (And don't even ask the Rev. Pete what he had to go through to get them to us or how long it took Smartypants to get them running!)

Playing on my computer they were unwatchable on first playthrough so maybe hit play then go read a magazine or get a drink or something, come back and watch the high-res loveliness.

Please let us know how playback goes for you--we are curious. Enjoy!

madre

Mr. Smartypants

Bottom Mark!!!!

Blu Moon

Giacomel Audi

Full Throttle

Monsoon

Party Girl (HI JANET)

One 60

Peacemaker 35

Bailout

KO Sailing

WTF

Zingara

Carloan

Uka Uka

Joe Fly

Convexity

TOP MARK

Blu Moon

Giacomel Audi

FThrottle

Party Girl

Monsoon

Bailout

Uka Uka

KO Sailing

Peacemaker 35

WTF

ZIngara

Carloan

Convexsity

Joe Fly

Babs

race 9 div 1

1333H: J105 bottom mark rounding Max Power 90, Big Booty 58, Savasana 55, Tenacious 54, Caress 59

Logo Rojo was the first PHRF-4 through the gate followed by Elysium.Lightning Rod next.

Where's Eclipse?

shizer, i don't know what a throwout does...

since they were ahead and have no bad races they probably don't even have to race this race. they are showing a drop of 5 now.

According to my math Uka has it locked if they have to count their 5 drop they're still only at 18pts

This is really goddamned exciting - i don't even know who I want to cheer for - so many good folks on these teams.

Easy call, New Wave, how about an update on the boys...JR

We're at the finish Judah - they looked damned good out there though...but Star is going really well too.

The boys needed you fo sho.

Bottom Mark!!!!

Blu Moon

Giacomel Audi

Full Throttle

Monsoon

Party Girl (HI JANET)

Thanks Al - I am not very good at this vicarious sailing - it does help ..but I wanna be there

xjanet

race 9 div 1

Where's Eclipse?

5 legger... at least his has some time to rebound.

oops on the f30 kinetic got a fifth in race nine and is now 1 pt back of rhumb punch

in the farr40 BM and ML are tied, and JF is only 1 pt back - it's pretty much whoever beats who in the last race

Gotta love seeing the big A on two or three media boats...and a guy came over on a RIB and said "Sailing Anarchy? We love you guys - thanks for the site - we're here all the way from Canada!"

Got to hand it to him - the RC's have been damned good, the racing spectacular. Hire good PROs is the lesson here.

Clean you really ought to innerview ken legler, he has been running div one course for lots of years. He believes in calling everyone over so there are no GR's, and he is always on time with the line square...

That is if peter lets him talk to you...

Judah, Steve was doing his best to keep everyone out until the sun came up. Looks like all the training has worked.

Easy call, New Wave, how about an update on the boys...JR

We're at the finish Judah - they looked damned good out there though...but Star is going really well too.

The boys needed you fo sho.

Clean you really ought to innerview ken legler, he has been running div one course for lots of years. He believes in calling everyone over so there are no GR's, and he is always on time with the line square...

That is if peter lets him talk to you...

x2. kenny is a legend.

between tufts practices and events like this he's run something like 20,000 races in his life!

A quick thank you to Naptown chix Sara Proctor and Amy Batdorf for doing an amazing job making OTW good for you. Buy 'em a drink next time you see them at the Boatyard.

Sara and Amy are good peeps for sure... Give 'em a big squeeze for me (I know you'll enjoy it).

Sorry not to be there...but thanks for all the great OTW reporting.

cheers - Bill

OK everyone, for your viewing pleasure!

Rev Pete's hi res work for days 2 and 3 is up on www.champosa.com

These are big files--you will need a hefty rig to watch them. (And don't even ask the Rev. Pete what he had to go through to get them to us or how long it took Smartypants to get them running!)

Playing on my computer they were unwatchable on first playthrough so maybe hit play then go read a magazine or get a drink or something, come back and watch the high-res loveliness.

Please let us know how playback goes for you--we are curious. Enjoy!

madre

Mr. Smartypants

Like watchin TV at home...guess my machine is quick...

FINALLY!!!

Race 9, Div 2 posted

http://www.premiere-racing.com/09_KW_Resul...div2_series.htm

O.K. Race Fans, Here were the points going into the last race.... remember that throw-out could still change:

Top 10 M32:

1 32 Star Jeff Ecklund Ft Lauderdale, FL 1 1 10 1 1 5 11 - 12 4 34

2 84 Red Joe Woods Torbay, GBR 2 - 8 3 5 3 1 8 7 6 35

3 72 Argo Jason Carroll Larchmont, NY 3 - 13 5 4 8 11 4 4 2 41

4 76 Banshee Derek Campbell Seattle, WA 4 2 1 15 - 18 3 3 15 1 44

5 73 New Wave Michael Carroll Clearwater, FL 13 10 2 9 - 14 2 2 1 8 47

6 83 Leenabarca Alex Jackson Newport, RI 6 9 - 17 7 2 4 10 3 7 48

7 86 Bitipi Savino Formentini YCS, ITA - 17 3 8 2 10 15 9 8 9 64

8 85 Ninkasi John Taylor Big Sky, MT 10 rdg 4 7 16 9 10 5 - 21 dsq 3 64

9 87 Team Barbarians Stuart Simpson Torbay, UK 9 7 9 - 14 12 8 7 6 10 68

10 81 Calvi Network Carlo Alberini Pesaro, ITA 8 5 - 13 6 5 7 13 13 12 69

Top 10 M24:

1 43 UKA UKA Racing Lorenzo Bressani Civitanova Marc, ITA 1 1 - 5 1 1 2 5 2 3 16

2 16 Blu Moon Rossini/Rast Lugano, SUI 4 2 2 2 - 7 6 3 1 6 26

3 39 Joe Fly Maspero/Zandona Como, ITA - 10 3 3 4 8 1 2 5 7 33

4 22 WTF Alan Field Marina del Rey, CA - 13 4 1 6 4 8 1 8 2 34

5 42 Giacomel Audi RiccardoSimoneschi Genova, ITA 6 5 4 3 2 - 18 12 4 4 40

6 33 Full Throttle Brian Porter Lake Geneva, WI 5 8 8 7 - 10 4 6 3 1 42

7 18 Bailout Vincent Brun San Diego, CA 2 6 - 14 5 9 3 4 10 8 47

8 38 KO Sailing John Kolius La Porte, TX 3 7 9 - 12 3 5 7 9 5 48

9 31 Monsoon Bruce Ayres Newport Beach, CA 7 12 15 8 6 7 - 16 14 10 79

10 45 One Sixty Kyle Vowels Chicago, IL 8 13 11 10 12 12 14 19 - 26 99

Sorry if I got a little excited about Uka - I really don't know what the scoring deal is because THE RESULTS TAKE SO LONG. Seriously dudes..

105s:

Max Power

Big Booty

Savasana

Eclipse

Wasabi

Tenacious

Rum at Six

Caress

RocknRoll

Stiner

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

Sorry if I got a little excited about Uka - I really don't know what the scoring deal is because THE RESULTS TAKE SO LONG. Seriously dudes..

105s:

Max Power

Big Booty

Savasana

Eclipse

Wasabi

Tenacious

Rum at Six

Caress

RocknRoll

Stiner

Another Hazard