Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Down To The Wire!

OK everyone, for your viewing pleasure!

Rev Pete's hi res work for days 2 and 3 is up on www.champosa.com

These are big files--you will need a hefty rig to watch them. (And don't even ask the Rev. Pete what he had to go through to get them to us or how long it took Smartypants to get them running!)

Playing on my computer they were unwatchable on first playthrough so maybe hit play then go read a magazine or get a drink or something, come back and watch the high-res loveliness.

Please let us know how playback goes for you--we are curious. Enjoy!

madre

Mr. Smartypants

Like watchin TV at home...guess my machine is quick...

Good to know--clearly I need to talk to Smartypants about a new computer.

Did you go full-screen?

The local flash settings may need to be checked. With cursor on a video, right click and select settings. Increase the cache (file icon) to 10mb or unlimited, that may help with the jerkiness.

These are big files--you will need a hefty rig to watch them. (And don't even ask the Rev. Pete what he had to go through to get them to us or how long it took Smartypants to get them running!)

Playing on my computer they were unwatchable on first playthrough so maybe hit play then go read a magazine or get a drink or something, come back and watch the high-res loveliness.

madre

Mr. Smartypants

Works fine on mine - 'puter 5 or so years old. Using Safari as the browser so works well and the high res is even higher than IE or Moz.

Nice job.

M24 Top Mark Rounding Hoist Action!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

those are M32s

Sorry if I got a little excited about Uka - I really don't know what the scoring deal is because THE RESULTS TAKE SO LONG. Seriously dudes..

105s:

Max Power

Big Booty

Savasana

Eclipse

Wasabi

Tenacious

Rum at Six

Caress

RocknRoll

Stiner

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

wait, i'm confused..... was this the 2nd weather mark??? or just confusion about results???

I believe its the 2nd weather mark

Sorry if I got a little excited about Uka - I really don't know what the scoring deal is because THE RESULTS TAKE SO LONG. Seriously dudes..

105s:

Max Power

Big Booty

Savasana

Eclipse

Wasabi

Tenacious

Rum at Six

Caress

RocknRoll

Stiner

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

wait, i'm confused..... was this the 2nd weather mark??? or just confusion about results???

I believe its the 2nd weather mark

if these are the standings of the last race the j105 fleet is the fleet to watch. only a point between the top 3 Eclipse, Savasnah, and Max Power based on their current places. Right?

M32s Finish!

New wave

Star

Argo - the story of the regatta!

War Canoe

Leenabarca

Bitipi

Arkle

Ninkasi

Banshee

Taboo

Barbarians

Highlife

Red

Nitemare

Mojo

Shakedown

Calvi

D&S

Flat Tan

M24s next

M32 blog results Race 10:

New Wave

Star

Argo

War Canoe

Leenabarca

Bitipi

Arkle

Ninkasi

Banshee

Taboo

Team Barbarians

Highlife

Red

Calvi

Nitemare

Mojo

Dark n Stormy

Flat Stanley

if these are the standings of the last race the j105 fleet is the fleet to watch. only a point between the top 3 Eclipse, Savasnah, and Max Power based on their current places. Right?

Eclipse & Savasana at 24

Max Power at 27

Tie Breakers will be key. (Not good news for Damian)

Congrats to Argo (John, Molly, Chad "Pantsgram" Corning). A huge improvement over Miami, and well deserved.

As badly as I want my Argo friends to be 2nd for the regatta, I think the math is wrong -- Red sailed its drop in Race 10, meaning its score in Race 2 (8) kicks back in. M32 order should be:

1. Star: 1,1,10,1,1,5,11,(12),4,2 = 36

2. Red: 2,8,3,5,3,1,8,7,6,(13) = 43

3. Argo: 3,(13),5,4,8,11,4,4,2,3 = 44

Still a great showing for the Argonauts.

271 Users online right now

And no TITS? The nicest day of the week! What is wrong with Clean? He need to start drinking earlier in the day.

That's what I'm screaming!

1411H: (SB) BM tacked on the port layline into the starboard end of the finish line. Ml wins, the battle is now for 2nd

1403H: Synergy, the Russian boat, came by and thanked the Race Committee and said they will be back next year for sure.

1358H: Rio finished 9 min and 3 sec behind Rosebud

1356H: Looks like Rosebud crushed this race - no other IRC 1 finishes yet

IRC 2 scores are a lot different than before race 9. Not sure what the hell happened!?!?!?!?! Many changes there!!! And not just from yesterday... scores from all week have changed. why?!?!?!?

And no TITS? The nicest day of the week! What is wrong with Clean? He need to start drinking earlier in the day.

What?

Vegas

you got the power.......FIX IT brotha

I'm pretty sure that all the M32 videos except the finish are up on Youtube.

M24s:

Blu Moon

Giacomel Audi

FT

Uka Uka

Bailout

Party Girl

KO Sailing

Joe Fly

Peacemaker

WTF

Zingara

Carloan

Babs

Cracker

Lounge act

Convexity with a 720 after fouling someone at the finish

Obsession

Unsponsored

Rumor

Zetiana

Warpath

Jacuzzi

Cujo

130?

105s next!

And it's FRIDAY! What's wrong with this picture? Oh... there has been no picture posted! Clean?

Go the Charlestonians! Big Booty finishes first!

Savasana

Max Power

Tenacious

Eclipse

RockNRoll

Wasabi

Rum at Six

Stinger

Caress

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

We are headed in, and all finish vids are loading.

Savasana

Max Power

Tenacious

Eclipse

RockNRoll

Wasabi

Rum at Six

Stinger

Caress

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

FINAL:

1) Savasana (26)

2) Eclipse (29)

3) Max Power (30)

1426H: Farr 40 finishes - Mascalzone Latino, Flash Gordon, Joe Fly, Barking Mad, Nanoq, Convexity, Goombay Smash, Plenty, Groovederci, Mangusta Risk, Oz and Spaceman Spiff.

1 ITA 1 Mascalzone Lat. Vincenzo Onorato Napoli, ITA 1 1 2 1 9 10 3 2 2 1 = 32

2 1805 Joe Fly Giovanni Maspero Como, ITA 3 2 5 9 2 1 4 5 1 3 = 35

3 50955 Barking Mad James Richardson Newport, RI 2 4 3 2 1 2 2 10 5 4= 35

Savasana

Max Power

Tenacious

Eclipse

RockNRoll

Wasabi

Rum at Six

Stinger

Caress

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

FINAL:

1) Savasana (26)

2) Eclipse (29)

3) Max Power (30)

Congrats Nantucket Red & Brian

Nice regatta Footlong & Damian

1426H: Farr 40 finishes - Mascalzone Latino, Flash Gordon, Joe Fly, Barking Mad, Nanoq, Convexity, Goombay Smash, Plenty, Groovederci, Mangusta Risk, Oz and Spaceman Spiff.

Overall"

1) ML (32)

2) JF (35)

3) BM (35)

1430H: followed by Good Girl and Man-o-war.

Tangent will be the first to cross for PHRF-3

Way to go Gerry and gang. Great Job.

Savasana

Max Power

Tenacious

Eclipse

RockNRoll

Wasabi

Rum at Six

Stinger

Caress

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

well congrats to Savasana! always a well deserved win on that boat...although i was hoping eclipse could finally pull off that elusive Key West win this year.... hmpf. <_<

nice regatta for the top 3- congrats to all!

Vegas

you got the power.......FIX IT brotha

Yeah that's Right!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM4JNjqZN7g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM4JNjqZN7g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM4JNjqZN7g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow Vegas your sister sure seems friendly!

Do you guys have matching sailor outfits?

Savasana

Max Power

Tenacious

Eclipse

RockNRoll

Wasabi

Rum at Six

Stinger

Caress

Another Hazard

Distant Passion

FINAL:

1) Savasana (26)

2) Eclipse (29)

3) Max Power (30)

Congrats Nantucket Red & Brian

Nice regatta Footlong & Damian

HOLY MOLY! What a great regatta- Congratulations to the boys on Savasana! A win well fought.

259 User(s) are reading this topic (67 Guests and 14 Anonymous Users)

I know there was more throughout the week, but at 238 PM EST a lot of people looking for final results, vids, updates, etc. Nice job Clean and ALL of the on scene and online supports, thanks sponsors for $ to make this happen. Nice job Mr. Scott Norris trimming on Star (an interview with him, Kotoun, Ivey or any of the Newport homies would be sweet.) And nice job John, Molly, Bardwell and the rest of the Argonauts. All corinthians, consistent, dorky but nice dudes.

I have no tits for you - hey Jerseygirl - how about a cameraphone shot? I'll send you more swag...

Listen - we are going to shore to do a shitload of interviews and go get our drink on BIG TIME. We've got Sol Rosenberg to party with - a very important man - and about a thousand other friends and enemies - that is, if Premiere lets us in the tent.

In any event, we will NOT be getting those interviews up tonight. Sorry, but we have earned a little time without our heads buried in our fucking computers like groundhogs in the dirt. Petey will be home tomorrow night, so Sunday we should see all of it up and looking beautiful. Petey will also be putting together some amazing footage for you all, and knowing his work, it will set a new bar for the kind of race footage we will see in the future. Look for it Sunday night on the front page, or maybe the next day if he gets snowed in and loses power again...poor bastard!

I want to ask you all a huge favor as well - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let our sponsors know how much you appreciate their support of OTW Anarchy. They are all extremely happy so far to be a party of it, but only through your comments will they pony up for more great events. We are looking for a title sponsor for a series of OTW events in 2009, one that will help us develop the coverage into something far better than the already stellar format we have stumbled upon with the help of so many anarchists. Once again, they are: Quantum Sails, Point Loma Outfitting, Santa Cruz Yachts, Latis Yachting Solutions, Melges Performance Sailboats, Flying Tiger Boats, Dax OneTouch Winch Handles, and HBI Boats.

We have big plans for '09 - we are confirmed at the M32 Worlds in Porto Cervo, the M24s in Annapolis, hopefully the Moth WOrlds at the Gorge, the Lauderdale-Charleston Race (satphone OTW) on Moneypenny, and have a LOT of stuff in the pipeline, all thanks to your enthusiasm for our reports and our excellent crew doing what they do so well.

While we don't know exactly how we're going to improve the coverage we have some great ideas, mostly with the interface itself - and live action - and more browsable photos and videos - and most of all, with figuring out a solution to get us the bandwidth we need from the water for all these toys.

I owe a personal debt of gratitude to the folks that came out with us this week - in person or online - Ramsey, Amy, Lori, Sara, and Pytlak from Annapolis, Cindy Cady from Texas (watch her for the next Adams Cup), Sol Rosenberg, Maryanne Ward, Peter Crawford, Vegas, JITILLIDIE, Vegasgirl, and my lovely, amazingly talented wife Meredith, who continually astounds me with her art and attitude - I would never be able to do this without her - or for that matter, without all of you.

And one more...is the Ed. He's trusted my vision for this stuff all along - even when he didn't think it would really go far - and now he is a believer. He's given me amazing latitude with his creation to make it happen, and now he understands what I've been trying to do all along: Provide an affordable way to spread the excitement of this amazing sport. We want to see a day when any event can show their stuff to the world - whether it's a kids regatta (I obviously won't be the commentator), a match race, a fleet race, a World Championship, or just about anything. It doesn't have to attract thousands of viewers, because it doesn't have to be expensive - that's what we've learned, and that's why we feel so good about all this.

So thanks Ed, and thanks Anarchists, and thanks even to Premiere for not letting the battle escalate too far. We'll see you soon.

-Clean

madre

Mr. Smartypants

Works fine on mine - 'puter 5 or so years old. Using Safari as the browser so works well and the high res is even higher than IE or Moz.

Nice job.

I checked and cache is pegged. Glad to know others are finding it easier. (And thanks.)

I know there was more throughout the week, but at 238 PM EST a lot of people looking for final results, vids, updates, etc. Nice job Clean and ALL of the on scene and online supports, thanks sponsors for $ to make this happen. Nice job Mr. Scott Norris trimming on Star (an interview with him, Kotoun, Ivey or any of the Newport homies would be sweet.) And nice job John, Molly, Bardwell and the rest of the Argonauts. All corinthians, consistent, dorky but nice dudes.

Were the Baxters on Argo??

very cool.

Where the Baxters on Argo??

very cool.

32 crew lists, again the only class that showed full crews for this event. Nice job to the people in this class.

http://www.melges32.com/raceready/2009kwrw...9kw_cleared.htm

I have no tits for you - hey Jerseygirl - how about a cameraphone shot? I'll send you more swag...

Listen - we are going to shore to do a shitload of interviews and go get our drink on BIG TIME. We've got Sol Rosenberg to party with - a very important man - and about a thousand other friends and enemies - that is, if Premiere lets us in the tent.

In any event, we will NOT be getting those interviews up tonight. Sorry, but we have earned a little time without our heads buried in our fucking computers like groundhogs in the dirt. Petey will be home tomorrow night, so Sunday we should see all of it up and looking beautiful. Petey will also be putting together some amazing footage for you all, and knowing his work, it will set a new bar for the kind of race footage we will see in the future. Look for it Sunday night on the front page, or maybe the next day if he gets snowed in and loses power again...poor bastard!

I want to ask you all a huge favor as well - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let our sponsors know how much you appreciate their support of OTW Anarchy. They are all extremely happy so far to be a party of it, but only through your comments will they pony up for more great events. We are looking for a title sponsor for a series of OTW events in 2009, one that will help us develop the coverage into something far better than the already stellar format we have stumbled upon with the help of so many anarchists. Once again, they are: Quantum Sails, Point Loma Outfitting, Santa Cruz Yachts, Latis Yachting Solutions, Melges Performance Sailboats, Flying Tiger Boats, Dax OneTouch Winch Handles, and HBI Boats.

We have big plans for '09 - we are confirmed at the M32 Worlds in Porto Cervo, the M24s in Annapolis, hopefully the Moth WOrlds at the Gorge, the Lauderdale-Charleston Race (satphone OTW) on Moneypenny, and have a LOT of stuff in the pipeline, all thanks to your enthusiasm for our reports and our excellent crew doing what they do so well.

While we don't know exactly how we're going to improve the coverage we have some great ideas, mostly with the interface itself - and live action - and more browsable photos and videos - and most of all, with figuring out a solution to get us the bandwidth we need from the water for all these toys.

I owe a personal debt of gratitude to the folks that came out with us this week - in person or online - Ramsey, Amy, Lori, Sara, and Pytlak from Annapolis, Cindy Cady from Texas (watch her for the next Adams Cup), Sol Rosenberg, Maryanne Ward, Peter Crawford, Vegas, JITILLIDIE, Vegasgirl, and my lovely, amazingly talented wife Meredith, who continually astounds me with her art and attitude - I would never be able to do this without her - or for that matter, without all of you.

And one more...is the Ed. He's trusted my vision for this stuff all along - even when he didn't think it would really go far - and now he is a believer. He's given me amazing latitude with his creation to make it happen, and now he understands what I've been trying to do all along: Provide an affordable way to spread the excitement of this amazing sport. We want to see a day when any event can show their stuff to the world - whether it's a kids regatta (I obviously won't be the commentator), a match race, a fleet race, a World Championship, or just about anything. It doesn't have to attract thousands of viewers, because it doesn't have to be expensive - that's what we've learned, and that's why we feel so good about all this.

So thanks Ed, and thanks Anarchists, and thanks even to Premiere for not letting the battle escalate too far. We'll see you soon.

-Clean

Clean and Gang

Tahnks for a great week on the water.

Now go get drunk ya' bums.

see ya in Charleston in April.

madre

Mr. Smartypants

Nice job.

I checked and cache is pegged. Glad to know others are finding it easier. (And thanks.)

Shout to the Reverend Peter Crawford for getting that stuff done, edited, up and out there!

Crap Clean! You never told me about the full 2009 schedule, I'mg oing to have to sell a lot of gear to keep up with your demands.

Good job to you and the crew. We at Point Loma Outfitting are proud to be a sponsor of OTWA for the second year running, I only hope we can afford to stay on (please do not fly First or Business Class to Porto Cervo).

Just to put another shameless plug in; if you use the coupon code OTWA9 during checkout at www.pointlomaoutfitting.com you will get 20% off on whatever is in your basket.

Again thanks Clean, Mer, Petey, et al. for all of your work, it was a blast to stay in touch from out here in SD and I'm sure there is more to come.

Thanks guys again for all of your effort to make everyone a part of the regatta and to let us cheer our hometown guys on, where ever we may be from, snowed-in Michigan to even Balmy 30 deg. Florida.

Thanks again and go enjoy the wrap party!

edit: Any St. Pete NOOD coverage? I may have plenty of time on my hands.

Crap Clean! You never told me about the full 2009 schedule, I'mg oing to have to sell a lot of gear to keep up with your demands.

Good job to you and the crew. We at Point Loma Outfitting are proud to be a sponsor of OTWA for the second year running, I only hope we can afford to stay on (please do not fly First or Business Class to Porto Cervo).

Just to put another shameless plug in; if you use the coupon code OTWA9 during checkout at www.pointlomaoutfitting.com you will get 20% off on whatever is in your basket.

Again thanks Clean, Mer, Petey, et al. for all of your work, it was a blast to stay in touch from out here in SD and I'm sure there is more to come.

tom, trying to get on your sight. not happenning. hopefully because you got too many people trying right now.

Great job guys and Great job Mer. Is it me or are the photos just fantastic this year? I feel like she's really stepped up her game.

Keep it up guys. Go the Anarchy!

For the Full Series of ALL of Alan's Video

you can go here and an have a OTWA orgy

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blocksail

i'm outta here - i have an office to pack up and car to gas up for 1500 mile drive north!

Hasta!

Great Job Vegas! Thanks for all your efforts!

Thank you!

If your Ever in Michigan come on over and go for a mulit ride!

Well done Team Clean & Mer - Ur coverage has been much appreciated from Janet UK -

Isn't it time you spread "the word" over here in the muddy river (Hamble & The) Solent - come and show them how to do it this side of the pond - accommodation provided in best sailing pub (The King & Queen Pub) - these Brits will love to watch top sailing and stay with the programm - how about Cowes Week ? i reckon you'll get 1000 vicarious sailors - at least...

awesome work! have a great party tonight,

xj

To all of you, a great big thanks! Even though you dissed the j80s and I didn't get the promised video of Brian and Kris, you did a great job. I second the feeling about Mer's photography. Big, big difference from last year. Watch out Sharon.

To Sarah, when we were fooling around in santa suits and green tutus, I never knew what a terrific photographer you were.

Alan, you really put on a show. When you figure out how to control yourself, you might even take it to corporate. (Yeah).

Thanks guys, it was great.

Cheers,

MikeR

For the Full Series of ALL of Alan's Video

you can go here and an have a OTWA orgy

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blocksail

i'm outta here - i have an office to pack up and car to gas up for 1500 mile drive north!

Hasta!

Great Job Vegas! Thanks for all your efforts!

Thank you!

If your Ever in Michigan come on over and go for a mulit ride!

:-)

Michigan??

Sarasota sounded warmer~!

Dang El Ocaso just didn’t get it done the boat always dose best on the windier days.

Congrats to Soozal the King 40 nothing worse than a 5th and 4 bullets in their 1st regatta. Good job guys!!

Clean and co GREAT job on KWOTWA enjoyed the coverage. Now everyone go buy something from a sponsor.

Clean & Crew,

Very well done. Pushing the bar to new heights.

I have an idea for you to kick around for the next OTWA. Live Streaming!

I did some live streaming at the St. Pete NOOD's a couple of years ago using some high power directional WiFi gear.

We put in a half assed effort and it actually worked.. There are lots of cools things for sponsors and a real time blogging window.

When you recover from tonight's festivities, chat me up. I can provide the hardware required.

FM - Keepin it real here in the Burg..

Here's a shout-out to the guys on Rhumb Punch in the Farr 30 class! Nice work clawing back to win it on the last day!!! Great week for John and Linda Edwards -- the Paul Washburn Award to start it, and a victory to end it!!

NICE WORK, MAMA AND PAPA!!!

-Clean

Hey bro, I'm a Cal boy now..... Anyhow, I never saw that vid you guys were tellin me about. Donno if I'm famous yet. ;)

John

Very nice, kept me occupied for the last 3 rainy days here in Northern California. I would second getting a wind muff for the mics tho.

ss

Major kudos to the XS crew. After a strong start they lost the rig, pieced it baclk together with inspiration, baling wire and glue, and finished 1-2-1. Have to think they would have been tough to beat with better luck.

Clean and the gang, thanks for all the hard work. It looks like you guys were enjoying yourselves out there, which made for some great commentary. I really enjoyed the coverage, and WILL buy something from a sponsor. Looking forward to today's videos, but take your time - you guys have yourselves a well-deserved a break. Great Work.

Hey bro, I'm a Cal boy now..... Anyhow, I never saw that vid you guys were tellin me about. Donno if I'm famous yet. ;)

John

Maybe it's the location under your avatar that threw him off..... :P

Sorry you left the Bay, but hope everything's working out for your on the other coast. Come back "home" for Screwpile this year-- I'll buy you a rum drink to make it worth your while!!