Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

Down To The Wire!

While we don't know exactly how we're going to improve the coverage we have some great ideas, ........

-Clean

Here's one for ya Clean:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/8708/Windscreens.html

Thanks for all of the updates all week. Awesome work.

I thought the same BW2; but then looking at the Maryanne Ward interview - all right, for about the fourth time - it struck me that Clean was just miking from the camera, which isn't particularly good for outdoor interviews because it doesn't isolate sound very well.

So, Clean, dude, get thee a cardiod handheld mic. With a windscreen Or better yet a couple of lavaliers. Oh, and try to avoid shooting hot womenses in full sunlight.

In any case, thanks for the coverage this week - I've avoided countless hours of actual work . . .

You should interview Espo. That would be interesting!

You lead a precarious life, Mr. D.

When are you coming home?

Cheers,

MikeR

End of Feb I think. Good showing by the Robinson's.

Apparenly some big shitter powerboat got in Gold Diggers way on their start, crossed our bow and stopped, closing off Relentless's escape route, and the boys on the Swan are not happy with the Anarchy boat...You've gotta see this big powertub that did it too - it's like the trawler version of the fishing boat we had on the first day.

Pics or...

(and being a photo boat don't tell me you didn't take pics)

Hey Julien--they beat the O'Day 40 by 1/2 a point! Great going------that was close.

I want Clean to interview Jeff Pierini---how much did he pay Ogletree for next to last place? He should have chartered a J/80!

LOL!!

Maybe he shoulda kept my boat. :-) He was right on teh Storks tails last CRW

You lead a precarious life, Mr. D.

When are you coming home?

Cheers,

MikeR

End of Feb I think. Good showing by the Robinson's.

Thanks, very proud of them. I told Bri and he needed to have lead weights on Krissy's ankles to keep her from flying tonight.

Cheers,

MikeR

Thunderbox -- Ian Trotter...

Hi there!! You too deserve some love!! You're from DAGO -- all the way out in Calfornia and came to play the game in Key West! I'm sorry you didn't do great -- but -- I will never forget when you brought the remote controlled sailboats to Long Beach Race Week and let me drive one!! Finally, a boat I didn't puke on!!

Kudos to you for making the fleet!! It's not about talent, it's about passion!! And while all you armchair racers sit back and critique the events that transpired. Thunderbox raced!! They were there!!

THEY DESERVE LOVE TOO!!

Holy Crap!! Just watched Tuesday thru Fridays action. An awesome job by clean, the photos were top notch! Cured my sailing jones for about two seconds, damn, I gotta get to KW for the next race week. Outstanding job everyone!!

1058H: Highlights of the start: PHRF-1: Kali holds off XS for clear air first, Wairere port tacks behind the fleet to take over the right side of the course.

PHRF-2: USA1 at the pin end again, with GoodGirl next along with Blueprint and Man-o-war, Rushe and Island Flyer choose the second row, with Too Sweet taking the third row.

there wasnt even a second row, how could there be a third? *groan*

1259H: All off and running.

PHRF-1: Kali pushed over ElOcaso at the pin end with XS taking clear air at the RC

PHRF2: Too Sweet at t he pin end with Good Girl; Rush had to port tack across the back of the fleet.

J80s: LuckyFrog and Angry Chameleon at the pin end with Rumor in the middle of the line. 1/2 of the fleet went left, 1/2 went right. Rumor went left.

PHRF3 - All were late, held off by the current flow down the course. Thunderbolt ahead of Seefest at the pin end, Tangent in the middle of the line.

definitely got it in the groove a little better for the second start. Today went a lot better but RUSH just seemed to be in a different league from us; i think, and they agree, our sail selection was suspect. shoulda gone with our 1 (and should have taken the 3sec hit to use our 137sqm runner, instead of trying to make due with our code1 120sqm kite. that really hurt and was probably the second biggest blunder of our regatta. that code1 was made for 0-10, when our big kite just wont fly, and it works perfectly in that range. but a medium air runner it is not). Had an exciting final beat crossing tacks with a 36.7 all the way up. im know they got us on corrected but it was fun to go out with some excitement. Again, i think that if we had up our 1 it would have been a non issue with them... but... oh well, i've fucked up bigger.... apparently.

So good ...gotta say it twice;)

It apears our friend Clean used to work in the Department of Redundancy Department.

Judging by the fact there is 5 minutes between posts, I'd say brain dead would be a better prognosis...

just shy of 2,000 posts for the week so far.

I cannot believe I expended 15 hours of my life watching this marine themed train wreck.

Kudos to the team for great coverage.

And to the peanut galley for chiming in, good, bad, or totally f*cked.

Same BS squawking that goes on my boat watching the other fleets.

Only I didn't have to worry about you sucking down all my beers.

Bottom line is it felt like we were there.

Nice job!

So good ...gotta say it twice;)

It apears our friend Clean used to work in the Department of Redundancy Department.

Yes, especially reposting videos after Vegas already had! :lol:

Now, is it true that Cleans fishing boat captain caused Gold Digger to be late at a start?

http://www.premiere-racing.com/09_KW_Resul...div1_series.htm

race 9 div 1

1333H: J105 bottom mark rounding Max Power 90, Big Booty 58, Savasana 55, Tenacious 54, Caress 59

1332H: We are at the top end of the course, anchoring for the finish.

XS has come around followed by Wairere.

Logo Rojo was the first PHRF-4 through the gate followed by Elysium.Lightning Rod next.

Where's Eclipse?

Look for the boat with the bobbleing head at the helm way back

http://www.premiere-racing.com/09_KW_Resul...div1_series.htm

race 9 div 1

1333H: J105 bottom mark rounding Max Power 90, Big Booty 58, Savasana 55, Tenacious 54, Caress 59

1332H: We are at the top end of the course, anchoring for the finish.

XS has come around followed by Wairere.

Logo Rojo was the first PHRF-4 through the gate followed by Elysium.Lightning Rod next.

Where's Eclipse?

5 legger... at least his has some time to rebound.

CHOKE

2nd in that fleet of hacks is worse than 2 years ago when he had espo on the boat and finished 10th out of 35 in a stacked fleet

It's over!

Go Home. :lol:

Does that mean I have to go back to working next week? (shit)

While we wait for the Farr 40s, here's another good story. One shore crew member from a M24 team disappeared Tuesday night. The team woke up at 7, just as he was walking in. He collapsed on the couch, and they were startled to find that he was wearing only jeans. No shirt, no shoes, no wallet, no socks, no glasses - just jeans. And they had blood all over them.

Weird....

B)

Rev. Petey, Mer & Clean (and crew)..... thanks again for a great week.

Do we have any "drama" wrap-ups??

> M24 shore crew follow-up

> Gold Digger start issue

> Any more love notes from the Lord P.C.?

> Update why/where the Baby Tiger broke its rudder. (Besides just the fine China manufacturing)

> any pics of the boat that sheared off the 1/4" on the overpass on delivery?

> and finally, of course, a Friday party wrap up.... Did crews finally go out and play? :-)

GREAT job all!

While we wait for the Farr 40s, here's another good story. One shore crew member from a M24 team disappeared Tuesday night. The team woke up at 7, just as he was walking in. He collapsed on the couch, and they were startled to find that he was wearing only jeans. No shirt, no shoes, no wallet, no socks, no glasses - just jeans. And they had blood all over them.

Weird....

B)

> Update why/where the Baby Tiger broke its rudder. (Besides just the fine China manufacturing)

> and finally, of course, a Friday party wrap up.... Did crews finally go out and play? :-)

what happened to Sjambok?

Joisey:

1) No comment

2) Just giving the haters as much rope as they want for the moment

3) No, but plenty of comms with PR staff

4) Pintle fractured/had been slightly modified/needs some beefing up. Rudder fine.

5) Nope, but can get them. It will be interesting to hear what happens with the carrier/insurance.

6) Party was insane. We left the house at 6 PM for the awards, returned home at 5:55 AM. And had a lot of folks still hanging tough.

Now, is it true that Cleans fishing boat captain caused Gold Digger to be late at a start?

Or was Gold Digger late for the start long before they chose to mix it up with the spectator fleet?

Joisey:

1) No comment

2) Just giving the haters as much rope as they want for the moment

3) No, but plenty of comms with PR staff

4) Pintle fractured/had been slightly modified/needs some beefing up. Rudder fine.

5) Nope, but can get them. It will be interesting to hear what happens with the carrier/insurance.

6) Party was insane. We left the house at 6 PM for the awards, returned home at 5:55 AM. And had a lot of folks still hanging tough.

Super.... wish I was there! I love trying to make the sun up on Day 5!

I'll be in touch soon.

All the best

-v-

Carlo Vroon, owner of a Dutch Melges 24, sailing here with Norwegian M24 dealer Jens and the new Party Girl.

<object name="Video" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" standby="Loading Quicktime components..." width="320" height="256" > <param name="src" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/penaltybox/folders/Default/media/611cc12e-07a8-4a44-874d-dfbf67126914/key%20west%20race%20week-day%205%20qt-H.264%20800Kbps%20Streaming.mov"></param>'>http://content.screencast.com/users/penaltybox/folders/Default/media/611cc12e-07a8-4a44-874d-dfbf67126914/key%20west%20race%20week-day%205%20qt-H.264%20800Kbps%20Streaming.mov"></param> <param name="autoplay" value="false"></param> <param name="controller" value="true"></param> <param name="enablejavascript" value="true"></param> <param name="playCount" value="1"></param> <param name="starttime" value="0"></param> <embed name="Video" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" type="video/quicktime" src="http://content.screencast.com/users/penaltybox/folders/Default/media/611cc12e-07a8-4a44-874d-dfbf67126914/key%20west%20race%20week-day%205%20qt-H.264%20800Kbps%20Streaming.mov" autoplay="false" controller="true" enablejavascript="true" starttime="0" width="320" height="256"></embed> </object>

Well Done Clean!

Thanks for all the great coverage. All the others a not even close.

[

Well Done Clean!

Thanks for all the great coverage. All the others a not even close.

Cheers WP, we had a blast - even if it ends up being our last OTW from Key West, it was a great ride.

Here's my favorite interview of all - Chad Hough and I after a half-dozen Mount Gays:

Some of it is mixed in with the daily videos, which were all linked on the front page the other day. Star had a camera on Day 1, FT on Day 3 I think, SC37 on Day 4 or 5. We'll see what else we have.

i'm looking for the Author of this picture. anybody knows anything?

post-34801-1233797458_thumb.jpg

i never heard of a photographer being called an author before... least not an Author... but...

A runner block blew up due to a badly kinked line splitting the cheecks, shortly after a gybeset. Mast stayed up for about 4seconds before failing just below the first spreader. Repair is chronicled in one of the other threads.

Clean, you sure there was no footage from the FT on the 4th day?

i'm looking for the Author of this picture. anybody knows anything?

post-34801-1233797458_thumb.jpg

i never heard of a photographer being called an author before... least not an Author... but...

A runner block blew up due to a badly kinked line splitting the cheecks, shortly after a gybeset. Mast stayed up for about 4seconds before failing just below the first spreader. Repair is chronicled in one of the other threads.

Clean, you sure there was no footage from the FT on the 4th day?

Dude, Adam-12 is third from the left IN that photo, and english is his second language. Lighten up.

I think it was taken by Tim Wilkes, I'll find out.