• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

briar

Daniels agony aunt column

post-14558-1233879066_thumb.jpg

Well this is it - Daniels agony aunt column please post any requests for electrical advice, cruising tips etc

Daniel

I do like the grammar lessons, Its always good for a creton to pass on his vast experience with the English language

You MotherFucker - We drove him off and beat him till he faked his own suicide and you start a thread provoking him to come back?

Unbelievable! If the fucker comes back, I'm giving him your address and phone #.

I'm off to the store for Bourbon.

You MotherFucker - We drove him off and beat him till he faked his own suicide and you start a thread provoking him to come back?

Unbelievable! If the fucker comes back, I'm giving him your address and phone #.

I'm off to the store for Bourbon.

He'll come back no matter what. You guys "drove him off and beat him" to fake suicide and he STILL showed up asking about sewing machines.

DT is here to stay boys.

post-33348-1233880793.gif

Er, that would be cretin. :rolleyes:

not if your the "agony aunt"

I'm off to the store for Bourbon

He's been back for a while, he just has his digs through his blog because he gets to pretend he's in control,

so this is bringing it all together in one comedy channel.

Stop it people...really. <_<

Just don't read it!!!

For those that want to play his game don't forget to copy his postings as he's deleting after you take the bait.

Stop it people...really. <_<

Better here than in a real thread.

Dan NEEDS to be kept in his own corner.

dunce-cap1.jpg

Hey, come on you guys.... puleeeeeaze. You are sullying the "Cruising Anarchy" Forum by repeatedly regurgitating up this dt crap.

Can you take it over to GA or start a new "Off His Meds" Anarchy... take it anywhere but here. Most of us come here to CA to escape the rubbish that pervades some of the other forums.

Thank you

BB

oh now, I didn't realise this was in CA! (I just look at whatever comes up in the "view new posts" area). That's reprehensible! The folks at CA are very nice and don't deserve to have to deal with the shit-fights of SA.

Take it to GA, mate.

OK, so I admit guilt, I fell off the wagon the other day and poured virtual acid in my eyes reading DT's crap, but please! There must be something better to do than this 'til the next leg of the VOR online game starts!!! Stop the madness!!! Get a new hobby! Go buy a cat! Take up knitting! Learn Esperanto!

My 4 yr old son has a new verbal thing, he'll propose something, and then end it thusly:

I promise to stop poking at DT if you do. Deal!?!?!

Hey, come on you guys.... puleeeeeaze. You are sullying the "Cruising Anarchy" Forum by repeatedly regurgitating up this dt crap.

Can you take it over to GA or start a new "Off His Meds" Anarchy... take it anywhere but here. Most of us come here to CA to escape the rubbish that pervades some of the other forums.

Thank you

BB

you tell 'em Boom Boom!! :wub:

If you don't want to play with him don't read the topic, but if you are a follower of Daniel's you can get great pleasure in whatching the live time updates to his blog. We are on to about his third change of subject to we've had the VMG already today I think we're up to hanibal lecter at the moment also make sure you put in a couple of spelling / grammar mistakes it really gets his "keyboard bashing" going

If you're bored or a masochist and need to see his crap, please go ahead and read it over there. Why let anyone know here??? Nobody gives a damn and if you need to share your experiences with him, as BoomBoom said, please take it elsewhere.

If you're bored or a masochist and need to see his crap, please go ahead and read it over there. Why let anyone know here??? Nobody gives a damn and if you need to share your experiences with him, as BoomBoom said, please take it elsewhere.

just ignore this thread its clearly titled

Because its people here that he's talking about, It is the people here that he is reporting to the police.

If you don't see the humour in the fact that he is currently comparing himself to hanibal lecter don't read any further. The comparison to lecter is a good one they are both fictional except that one of them is really psychotic.

NO WAY ... he faked his own suicide? What a shame ... I always knew he was a fuckin' faker ... what a dick wad.

I've been too busy having fun on the water ... can some one point me to where he started to lose the plot even moreso than in the past and the suicide became nearly evident? If I have time, I'll check it out before I leave the dock to watch the LVPS in the AM.

Thanks ... I can hardly wait!!!!

MoonDuster

most of his history is here http://thelakes.ca/dt/

Daniel do you want to play batteries with the boys?

look after your tongue you don't want it swelling up , Oh it can't apply to you your not a sailor.

Have a nice weekend sailing, we'll be out this weekend as well,

Waffles and coffee and milkshakes... oh my! Sounded like he was off his meds again.

And how come he posts briar's comments and not mine? Shoot, I even went to the trouble of posting them in Swedish!

Off skiing... I'm sure the snow will be just bodacious!

are there cliff notes? can someone tell me what is going on? i love crazy people!!!

You've definitely come to the right spot with the Doublereef blog it you are looking for bug-eyed fire breathing batshit crazy.

Cliff notes are...tough...search for some of the following user names...follow the trail of carnage.

Daniel Taylor

D_T

Dr. Electron

Salty Waters

He mostly contained himself to threads he started, but he was prone to pop up in thread mentioning electricity, radios (particularly SSB), Radar, or electronics.

Also check out the link to The Lakes - that is the official Archives of Insanity. Mr. Taylor's blog would frequently undergo several evolutions per day, especially when he's banned from here. Sort of a cycle during the week until his wife would get a chance to slip him his meds in his OJ on the weekends.

You will see reference to a Parody Blog, which is a parody of DT's...when you come across that send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite. Best to check out the Archives of Insanity first though, or the parody will not be nearly as funny.

SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN!

are there cliff notes? can someone tell me what is going on? i love crazy people!!!

You've definitely come to the right spot with the Doublereef blog it you are looking for bug-eyed fire breathing batshit crazy.

Cliff notes are...tough...search for some of the following user names...follow the trail of carnage.

Daniel Taylor

D_T

Dr. Electron

Salty Waters

He mostly contained himself to threads he started, but he was prone to pop up in thread mentioning electricity, radios (particularly SSB), Radar, or electronics.

Also check out the link to The Lakes - that is the official Archives of Insanity. Mr. Taylor's blog would frequently undergo several evolutions per day, especially when he's banned from here. Sort of a cycle during the week until his wife would get a chance to slip him his meds in his OJ on the weekends.

You will see reference to a Parody Blog, which is a parody of DT's...when you come across that send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite. Best to check out the Archives of Insanity first though, or the parody will not be nearly as funny.

SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN!

I do have a 4 hour train ride to NYC in the morning. I will do my research.

I hate you BJ, really I do.

So I wandered over to Dan's place, just to see what all the hullabaloo was about.

Do sailors really wear loafers?

For that matter do sailors even use Raymarine crap?

Is West Marine really the best place to buy batteries?

What is up with all the talk about"B" rate cable TV shows?

Wasn't Silence of the Lambs like a decade ago?

Are you really sailing if you sit forward of the helm pushing buttons on your instrument panel?

And didn't DoubleReef move to worldpress like two months ago?

I think Briarptd is right though - if we restrict all DT sightings and commentary to this one thread than it will keep rest clean.

I assume your questions are rhetorical...

Hey - since he's asking for questions about batteries, maybe he could post a schematic of his battery system! Wow, that would be something.

Boy, I can't wait 'til the next VOR leg so I have something better to distract me...

Hey - since he's asking for questions about batteries, maybe he could post a schematic of his battery system! Wow, that would be something.

Boy, I can't wait 'til the next VOR leg so I have something better to distract me...

Ahhhh!!!! Fucking Fuck, Fucked Up MotherFuckers! He will post his schematic before any more talk of battery systems will continue! I need more Jack Daniels!

post-14558-1233879066_thumb.jpg

Well this is it - Daniels agony aunt column please post any requests for electrical advice, cruising tips etc

Daniel

I do like the grammar lessons, Its always good for a creton to pass on his vast experience with the English language

Damn your eyes, I was all the way to the eleventh step, and I had to look...he is rather snarky this time.

Did anyone happen to save his Feynman fantasy? A true classic. Now I have to "Stay tuned"

Fucking assholes. Inspired me to visit the blog-which-shall-not be-mentioned and now I am anxiously waiting for DT to answer this question. Why, of why did the shorepower inlet catch fire? Must know! Was it sabotage?

I'll start -

a sailor writes that their Marinco 30-amp socket/plug assembly went up in smoke, without tripping the 30-amp breaker. the entire assembly was burnt, charred black, and it was quite fortunate that it did not ignite.

so what exactly happened, and is there a solution?

And WTF is this?

c2.JPG

Since this is a dumping thread, and I'm bored, I'll post an important link for all the noobs here. It's a cruising log, so it's on topic for CA.

http://www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/murrelet.htm

(note to danni-boy - this is how it's done - a "true believer" wackjob, and not a whining egotist liar.)

Here's another role model for you, http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=82175 Spork is dogged and persistent in proving his point, in a Rainman kind of way. :rolleyes:

however, as you have seen .. your own fold can quickly turn against you as they have done. you've swallowed your tongue .. and it wasn't much of a challenge at all.

Daniel

my tongue is fine, certainly seems that yours did a fair bit of flapping before you went sailing, see you managed to write 8 comments to your blog. Not overly creative just more of those atttacks against people that you say you don't do.

So you've had a weekend sailing so now you can continue your discussion on your charging system.The fact that you can use a knife to trim back insulation on a battery cable is nice to know. But anybody new to cruising that you think you are helping - that doesn't know how to trim insulation shouldn't be playing with batteries and alternators. Accept it as given that we can trim battery cable insulation and use heat shrink and anybody that doesn't shouldn't be touching their batteries.

800 amphour of batteries what size alternator are you charging with, lets get to the real stuff and issues that you claim to have resolved.

lets get to the real stuff and issues that you claim to have resolved.

he actually was, but the silly plonker took it away, he was going to give an explanification on what Ohm's law was all about, millions of 'lectronic savvy seekers were bodaceiously staying tooned for that one, starting with one of the best lines ever to get yourself ridiculised as a teacher :"hi, I'm an electron and I come from a chemical world" whoa bundy !

God damn it! I can't take much more! Bevmo is out of whiskey and you fucks keep poking the dog. I will not make it through to this evening. Fuckers!

800 amphour of batteries what size alternator are you charging with, lets get to the real stuff and issues that you claim to have resolved.

Yup, that sure is a lot of electrical testosterone for a 42-footer without any other means of recharging besides an alternator, should he ever dare to cut the marina umbilical cord... And, conventional wisdom says he needs a 200 amp alternator, minimum...

He once claimed that he and Miss Oregon spent something like 250 “contiguous” days per year at anchor. We all know that’s bullshit – at least presently – but if true, how do you suppose he would be keeping that bank topped up once beyond the reach of his shore cord? He's never made any mention of a generator on SEQUEL. There’s no wind generator - although his ketch-rig is eminently suitable for the fitting of one - and we all know his self-articulating solar array is as much of a fantasy as the New-Boat being built in Sweden. He’s never mentioned using anything like a towing generator, so one must presume he’s completely dependent on his alternator for keeping his battery bank up once he leaves the dock… That’s fine for his weekend putterings about the archipelago, of course… but, if our circumnavigateur-next-year ever does manage to ever venture beyond marina-hopping, or motoring from one anchorage to the next, that poor Volvo of his is gonna be seeing a LOT of running time… No wonder he always seems to be doing another valve-adjustment with the same frequency he goes about replacing head-hoses… LOL!

Oh, well, perhaps it was all explained in his Private Primer for Voyaging to Hawaii on the now-vanished zensailing.blog... Damn, what a shame such a wealth of cruising knowledge has disappeared into cyberspace. Hell, the world may not have seen a similar loss since the burning of the library in Alexandria, in 48 BC...

OK, as dt has repeatedly stated, I’m “dumber than a post”… Not to mention, no cyber-sailor who does not have a blog of his own is to be taken seriously, so I guess I’m gonna need someone to explain to me the logic behind letting his blog entries to doublereef.net “reside” there for one week only, whereupon they will be moved to another blog that NOBODY registers for, or reads? Really, is there anything more bass-ackwards in the entire blogosphere? Other than making it more difficult to keep track of the number of times he repeatedly leaves the same questions unanswered, the same "topics for discussion" left un-discussed, what could possibly be the point of such absurdity?

Hell, now I'll have to put all of you on "ignore".

Just leave him be. He can't post here so why act as his surrogates?

It's really kind a of co-dependency thing. Dan needs validation through attention and we all love to watch a good train wreck in slow motion. Quite awful really, you are right.

Yup, that sure is a lot of electrical testosterone for a 42-footer without any other means of recharging besides an alternator, should he ever dare to cut the marina umbilical cord... And, conventional wisdom says he needs a 200 amp alternator, minimum...

He once claimed that he and Miss Oregon spent something like 250 "contiguous" days per year at anchor. We all know that's bullshit – at least presently – but if true, how do you suppose he would be keeping that bank topped up once beyond the reach of his shore cord? He's never made any mention of a generator on SEQUEL.

He has a honda petrol generator that he's happy to share with the anchorage so he can have his coffee in the morning

The problem wth the second site was as you pointed out is the only two readers - himself and Gail from SV Destiney and they weren't checking in everyday. So he got board and decided to resusitate the old blog to use as his "weapon against anarchy".

It is all ridiculous because he thinks he wins these little battles but these days he has to delete from the blog fairly quickly before the Friday Harbour community suicide watch checks his postings to see if he's losing it again.

from your nice & snug little place in the world ... you are ever so right

having spent a good part of this weekend thinking on ways to avoid layoffs on my group (including me, but that's least of my worries) ... bring on that focking moron, bring him on bigtime and fuck all those who say fucking DT should be banned, as a punching ball he's as good as it comes.

:blink:

from your nice & snug little place in the world ... you are ever so right

having spent a good part of this weekend thinking on ways to avoid layoffs on my group (including me, but that's least of my worries) ... bring on that focking moron, bring him on bigtime and fuck all those who say fucking DT should be banned, as a punching ball he's as good as it comes.

:blink:

Are you saying you need one of these? Or have one already with Daniel...

bozo-the-clown-bop-bag.jpg

Slap, glad to see that the lighting in that picture is just right. Did you have it taken at Sears by any chance?

It's an old photo - I did it last march. Time flys when danni is around, i guess...........

Daniel

Your suffering from Lead poisioning certainly explains a lot. You should get it looked at.

Nice cleanup job on the comments section. Maybe for the next attempt you might try something original, oh I forgot everything for you is original due to the memory loss

lead poisoning

Behavioral symptoms in adults

Irritability

Unexplained changes in mood or personality

Changes in sleep patterns

Inability to concentrate

Memory loss

Alby:

"nice and nug"?

Careful there. You know the grass is always greener.

Being a yacht designer these days is terrifying.

possible, was written amidst a load of doom & gloom data ... seems it's a bit all over the place, but at least you can step out of your office and take a walk on the beach, that's what I meant with it's all nice and snug for you, if I step out of the office I am practically standing on a highway and when I want to take a walk on the beach I need to drive more than 1 hour.

hmmm need to step out of whining mode :rolleyes:

Since this is a dumping thread, and I'm bored, I'll post an important link for all the noobs here. It's a cruising log, so it's on topic for CA.

(note to danni-boy - this is how it's done - a "true believer" wackjob, and not a whining egotist liar.)

OMFG

I thought that religious zelot had been scooped up by the spaceships on the far side of a comet.

OMFG

I thought that religious zelot had been scooped up by the spaceships on the far side of a comet.

Looks like his site hasn't been updated in a year...

OMFG

Now don't start poking that lunatic.

Although Frank does seem fairly harmless, with only the religious zeal of the true believer behind him as opposed to Daniels form of dementia.

Obviously there are two views of DT

DT = nails on a chalkboard: This is mine. I want it to go away and I don't care where.

DT = Stuttering John or Team Retard from Howard Stern -You hate them, but can't bear to miss one episode to see what they will do next.

DT seems to have recruited a fanbase of the "team retard" variety.

OMFG

He had been posting to boatdesign.net, but hasn't for a long time. Maybe his wife got tired of being married to a "celebrity" and told him to STFU.

He has a honda petrol generator that he's happy to share with the anchorage so he can have his coffee in the morning

Thanks, somehow I'd missed that one - didn't realize he was one of the New Breed of KOA Kroozers that seem to be infesting anchorages from Maine to the Bahamas of late... Yeah, I hear those portable Hondas are a wonderful means of keeping batteries topped off on passage, they just love the exposure to salt spray and whatever else might be thrown their way offshore...

Hope Nigel Calder is staying tuned, he's just the latest to be dismissed... doctor electron has branded his recommendation of 25-30% of battery capacity as "horseshit", and is preparing to give us all a lesson in appropriate sizing for an alternator...

Assuming he ever does get around to "running the numbers", that is... LOL!

Thanks, somehow I'd missed that one - didn't realize he was one of the New Breed of KOA Kroozers that seem to be infesting anchorages from Maine to the Bahamas of late... Yeah, I hear those portable Hondas are a wonderful means of keeping batteries topped off on passage, they just love the exposure to salt spray and whatever else might be thrown their way offshore...

Hope Nigel Calder is staying tuned, he's just the latest to be dismissed... doctor electron has branded his recommendation of 25-30% of battery capacity as "horseshit", and is preparing to give us all a lesson in appropriate sizing for an alternator...

No we've forgotten about those promises to teach us the basics, we're back on to new boats !!! and the mighty Sequel is for sale. I guess complete with under sized alternator.

I imagine the tickets for Vietnam have been returned and he's off to Sweden to show them how to wire a boat properly.

Do you think we'll be asked to help deliver it back?

No we've forgotten about those promises to teach us the basics, we're back on to new boats !!! and the mighty Sequel is for sale. I guess complete with under sized alternator.

I imagine the tickets for Vietnam have been returned and he's off to Sweden to show them how to wire a boat properly.

Do you think we'll be asked to help deliver it back?

SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN!!!!!!

DT = nails on a chalkboard: This is mine. I want it to go away and I don't care where.

DT = Stuttering John or Team Retard from Howard Stern -You hate them, but can't bear to miss one episode to see what they will do next.

I'm quite happy when it's not around and content to completely ignore it. CA is a better place for his absence; keeping this bullshit in one thread is harmless - keeps it out of the other threads which is good.

However as soon as someone draws any attention to Dan's latest bit of attention whoring stupidity I get this 1000 yard stare like the worst rubbernecker at a 12 car pileup.

Speaking of attention whores...did anyone notice the parallels between the "Sequel is for Sale" picture and this classic:

attention20whore3lm9.jpg

post-9917-1234215591_thumb.jpg

The "T" Team

post-9917-1234216222_thumb.jpg

Blogs are fascinating, aren't they? a nice diversion from night-school and family priorities, but ultimately a poor investment of our time. we craft lengthy prose worthy of a night-class in English at our local community college, only to find our audience is apprised of three people (and sometimes less). perhaps even that is a stretch, and yet the same cast of characters bang out another diatribe and post to their non-existant following that isn't following. including myself - though I tend to have more fun at it than most it would seem.

there, fixed it for him.

Interesting, I thought it was no longer his to sell.... He already sold it back to Magnus over a year ago, after all... LOL!

Perhaps he's trying to pull a Madoff move, that would explain why it's not listed on Yachtworld... Guys at Swiftsure Yachts must be pissed, after all the nice things dt said about the original deal they did with SEQUEL... And, especially after the broker took the trouble to post here, and remind us all what extraordinary sailors dan and deb are:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php...amp;pid=1354715

Pretty shrewd way to sell a boat, listing it on an obscure blog that nobody reads... Perhaps the same guy who bought his cello and Hasselblads will take it off his hands, eh?

This renewed talk of a New-Boat frightens me, seems he's headed into another box canyon where his only recourse is another faked suicide, or a fire destroying his hull at the H-R factory, or something... I think I'll pass on following him down that road, he's getting too weird for me, once again... (grin)

Blogs are fascinating, aren't they? a nice diversion from night-school and family priorities, but ultimately a poor investment of our time. we craft lengthy prose worthy of a night-class in English at our local community college, only to find our audience is apprised of three people (and sometimes less). perhaps even that is a stretch, and yet the same cast of characters bang out another diatribe and post to their non-existant following that isn't following. including myself - though I tend to have more fun at it than most it would seem.

there, fixed it for him.

It seems to bother Dan a lot that I am updating my blog. If he knew that since I made it public new people actually come to it every day without coming for the express purpose of mocking me it would go up his pipe about a mile. It would probably chap his ass extra hard to see how Friday Harbor figures into the Google Analytics "Visitor Loyalty" reports - before I put up public links to the blog half the traffic was him.

Of course, presumably in a night class in a Community College one might learn the proper use of capitalization, spelling, grammar, and hyphen-ation (sic)...which Dan still hasn't grasped. Having never attended night school at a community college I can't tell you what they teach but I suspect the average student may be no worse off that Dan.

Of course I don't get 42,000 hits per day like Dan claims on his blog...

there, fixed it for him.

It seems to bother Dan a lot that I am updating my blog. If he knew that since I made it public new people actually come to it every day without coming for the express purpose of mocking me it would go up his pipe about a mile. It would probably chap his ass extra hard to see how Friday Harbor figures into the Google Analytics "Visitor Loyalty" reports - before I put up public links to the blog half the traffic was him.

Of course, presumably in a night class in a Community College one might learn the proper use of capitalization, spelling, grammar, and hyphen-ation (sic)...which Dan still hasn't grasped. Having never attended night school at a community college I can't tell you what they teach but I suspect the average student may be no worse off that Dan.

BJ just out of curiosity are your deck glued or screwed down?

Pal

there, fixed it for him.

BJ just out of curiosity are your deck glued or screwed down?

Pal

Both.

Daniel

we can't quite hear what you are saying, your tongue might be a bit swollen, are you "crying wolf"

Briar

Daniel

we can't quite hear what you are saying, your tongue might be a bit swollen, are you "crying wolf"

Briar

BTW - a reminder. If you MUST visit Daniel's blog to see the train wreck, please do so via the "Autofellatio and Self Promotion" link on the 'tard blog under "Places you're not really smart enough to hang out".

It will look better in his Google Analytics reports that way (in the "Traffic Sources" especially), and will make him feel more special.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

11641_train_wreck_520.jpg

BTW - a reminder. If you MUST visit Daniel's blog to see the train wreck, please do so via the "Autofellatio and Self Promotion" link on the 'tard blog under "Places you're not really smart enough to hang out".

It will look better in his Google Analytics reports that way (in the "Traffic Sources" especially), and will make him feel more special.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Right, like I'm going to do that at work...

DT is selling the boat? Wow. It would be interesting to see how a professional boat broker could reword it:

HR for sale:

• with woefully inadequate wiring (and no schematic)
  • small alternator (but a bodacious Honda 2000 portable generator thrown in)
  • Original Volvo engine, may or may not have a sticker on it that claims NMEA 2000 compatibility
  • heads have been rebuilt quarterly
  • non-functional refridgeration
  • custom rigging (tripod bridal thingy)
  • custom instrumentation always displays VMG as negative

This renewed talk of a New-Boat frightens me, seems he's headed into another box canyon where his only recourse is another faked suicide, or a fire destroying his hull at the H-R factory, or something...

Has anybody seen my stapler?

71871725_3f71d7d971.jpg

download.jpg

Bong hits, maybe. That would explain alot.

DT is selling the boat? Wow. It would be interesting to see how a professional boat broker could reword it:

HR for sale:

• Original Volvo engine, may or may not have a sticker on it that claims NMEA 2000 compatibility

• Owner seems to have suicidal tendencies

Interesting, I thought it was no longer his to sell.... He already sold it back to Magnus over a year ago, after all... LOL!

Perhaps he's trying to pull a Madoff move, that would explain why it's not listed on Yachtworld... Guys at Swiftsure Yachts must be pissed, after all the nice things dt said about the original deal they did with SEQUEL... And, especially after the broker took the trouble to post here, and remind us all what extraordinary sailors dan and deb are:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php...amp;pid=1354715

Pretty shrewd way to sell a boat, listing it on an obscure blog that nobody reads... Perhaps the same guy who bought his cello and Hasselblads will take it off his hands, eh?

This renewed talk of a New-Boat frightens me, seems he's headed into another box canyon where his only recourse is another faked suicide, or a fire destroying his hull at the H-R factory, or something... I think I'll pass on following him down that road, he's getting too weird for me, once again... (grin)

Its interesting that after swiftsure wrote such a glowing report on Daniels skills, he forgot to put it up on the brokerage website

HR for sale:

I will only believe it is for sale when I see it listed on Swifsure's advertisements or on Yachtworld.

HR for sale:

He comes with the boat???? Any good surveyor would find that one...

HR for sale:

He comes with the boat???? Any good surveyor would find that one...

Sometimes if the current owner has a career that might imply that the boat got special TLC it might be mentioned in the ad. Like if the owner was a professional boatbuilder, or maybe an airline pilot (pretend pilots need not apply).

HR for sale:

what? no oscilloscope? bah. I'll pass.

But that doesn't look like a hull in the picture he has posted. Looks more to me like a plug that is being cut on a CnC machine.

Maybe HR is starting a whole new signature line, "The Captain Dan Circumnavigator". To be commissioned 'next year' and built to DT's exacting specifications. Jaunty cap not included.

Be tough to sell with specifications that include the word Bodacious, and while short on detail say "stay tuned" and "under edit"...

Maybe HR is starting a whole new signature line, "The Captain Dan Circumnavigator"

Here is the first one:

sinking.jpg

Damn, BJ, he has as much of a hard-on for your blog, as he does for my mathematical acumen... (grin)

Pretty amusing how he ragged on you for choosing a 2-stroke outboard over a 4-stroke, blathering on about "how much is a child's breath worth?", or whatever.... Not to mention his frequent rants against American consumerism, our love affair with the internal combustion engine, and the general wrong-headedness of out national energy policy, etc...

And yet, when it comes to settling on a means to recharge batteries aboard SEQUEL, he eschews wind and/or solar in favour of a Honda 2000 rattling away on deck.... LMFAO!

HR for sale:

One might also add:

- Lovingly re-caulked teak-decks which have only been tangoed-upon in bare-feet...

Damn, BJ, he has as much of a hard-on for your blog, as he does for my mathematical acumen... (grin)

Pretty amusing how he ragged on you for choosing a 2-stroke outboard over a 4-stroke, blathering on about "how much is a child's breath worth?", or whatever.... Not to mention his frequent rants against American consumerism, our love affair with the internal combustion engine, and the general wrong-headedness of out national energy policy, etc...

And yet, when it comes to settling on a means to recharge batteries aboard SEQUEL, he eschews wind and/or solar in favour of a Honda 2000 rattling away on deck.... LMFAO!

He's in full on manic cycle now, looks like posts are appearing and disappearing as he edits and reedits.

I hope Oldgoatroper is getting all of this...

Seems svgreatwhite is the latest target of his ire.

Also looks like "quickie2" has became a "guest anarchist".

He's in full on manic cycle now, looks like posts are appearing and disappearing as he edits and reedits.

I hope Oldgoatroper is getting all of this...

Seems svgreatwhite is the latest target of his ire.

Also looks like "quickie2" has became a "guest anarchist".

Yes, I am.

WTF is he on about? -- "apparently R. Booth and myself were banished to the deep, dark depths of Cruising Anarchism for thirty-days."

Whatever prompts him to just make shit up like that? Perhaps he figures that preceding his statement with 'apparently' gives him some wiggle room...

<edit>

Oh, and did you guys catch that 'attractive financing offered by the o