Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamish the cat

Bad day for Luna Rossa STP65

Sorry for the poor photo quality. Shot of Luna Rossa the new STP 65 returning to the harbour after losing her rig this morning on her first outing. Apparently the forestay strop broke!!

post-5921-1236205521_thumb.jpg

Sucks to be them ????

got this:

some hours ago I got the information that LUNA ROSSA, the STP 65, broke their mast during the first training session with the german STP 65 Container down in Valencia.

20-25 kns wind and the forestay strop broke, than the mast broke over ther gooseneck.

Sorry no pics...

Sorry for the poor photo quality. Shot of Luna Rossa the new STP 65 returning to the harbour after losing her rig this morning on her first outing. Apparently the forestay strop broke!!

I think I can see Nessie!?

some hours ago I got the information that LUNA ROSSA, the STP 65, broke their mast during the first training session with the german STP 65 Container down in Valencia.

20-25 kns wind and the forestay strop broke, than the mast broke over ther gooseneck.

Sorry no pics...

Looks like from the Juanpa Cadario shots, they were trolling for mahi-mahi, using the rig like an outrigger, and hooked something a little bigger than what they were used to.

post-1770-1236217389_thumb.jpg

(what the foch IS THAT in the original photo???)

Looks like the alien they found on LV-426. Call in Hicks, Hudson, Apone and the rest of the Colonial Marines.

Looks like the alien they found on LV-426. Call in Hicks, Hudson, Apone and the rest of the Colonial Marines.

Hudson: Game over man, game over. What the fuck are we supposed to do, now huh? What are we gonna to do?

Burke: Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs

Looks like from the Juanpa Cadario shots, they were trolling for mahi-mahi, using the rig like an outrigger, and hooked something a little bigger than what they were used to.

Busted rig and they still do a nice flake job on the main.

I'm impressed they were able to deploy that Laser rig from the first set of spreaders....now that's some creative jury-rigging.

It's not broken!!

It's hinged to get under the bridge so they can dock in front of their cottage. :lol:

Looks like they made it out of Caa-boom not Carbon...it looks the same then BANG. :ph34r:

walking away with head in hands.....

Sorry for them....that's gotta be a $125k....some engineer got some splaining to do....

You must be joking. Ever bought a big carbon stick? $125K is just a down payment.

Sorry no pics...

Way to jump on this second hand with no pics.

Sorry no pics...

Way to jump on this second hand with no pics.

Damn, I wanted to be the first to congratulate "clean" on another "scoop".

Busted rig and they still do a nice flake job on the main.

Doubt they'd save that mainsail in that league. Probably on the bottom with the rig or stuffed down below.

Looks like the "horse blanket" only on the boom anyway... gotta keep the sponsor pleased mate. ;)

A sleeve and a slap of epoxy and she'll be right mate.

Maybe someone from XS could show 'em how it's done.

Who made the mast?

By asking that, are you implying the mast maker might be to blame?

Sounds like the forestay failure was the cause.

I'm guessing mast maker was Hall or Southern Spars. Luna Rossa wouldn't buy anything cheaper.

in 20-25kns!?

I wonder if this might be one of those circumstances where they try to shave every nanogram of weight (especially from the ends) and overreach just a wee tad. Pushing the envelope is good and I applaud those willing and able to afford/do it. But, if you cross that line..........well, it ain't cheap. Or pretty.

Saw a guy drop his keel on the launch ramp on his Viper after backing boat off the trailer. Didn't have it attached to the hoist tackle.

His now famous words that keep popping up after calamity.

"That don't hurt nothin'

I can hear his voice onboard Luna.

Pretty fucking impressive RIBS for that team though.

the is the back edge of the roof of the golf cart parked in the foreground.