Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hastings

Keep A Close Watch on The Big Cheese

Out of stubbornness and female intuition I still believe, CZ is born here somewhere:

post-20594-1237278041_thumb.jpg

Born, possibly..

Residing at present, no...

There's an interesting piece in the Tribune de Geneve, from the same event that TD$ covered.

Here is a translation of part of it:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Here is a snapshot of the print version:

post-17804-1237422394_thumb.jpg

And here is a snapshot of the inset:

post-17804-1237422419_thumb.jpg

The last paragraph of the inset goes something like this:

Un duel en multicoques aura probablement lieu en mai ou juin 2010, en pricipe a Valence. Oracle navique deja sur son trimaran de 90 pieds depuis six mois. Alinghi finit la construction de son monstre marin dans un chantier naval pres de Villeneuve. Il devrait etre mis a l'eau au mois de juillet.

A duel in multihulls would probably take place in May or June 2010, in Valencia. Oracle has already sailed its 90 foot trimaran for six months. Alinghi has finished the construction of its sea monster in a shipyard near Villeneuve. It should be launched in July.

Un duel en multicoques aura probablement lieu en mai ou juin 2010, en pricipe a Valence. Oracle navique deja sur son trimaran de 90 pieds depuis six mois. Alinghi finit la construction de son monstre marin dans un chantier naval pres de Villeneuve. Il devrait etre mis a l'eau au mois de juillet.

A duel in multihulls would probably take place in May or June 2010, in Valencia. Oracle has already sailed its 90 foot trimaran for six months. Alinghi has finished the construction of its sea monster in a shipyard near Villeneuve. It should be launched in July.

It doesn't say "Alinghi has finished...". It says "Alinghi is finishing...."

Thank you.

Is the last sentence correct, "It should be launched in July" ? (Il devrait etre mis a l'eau au mois de juillet.)

There is a discrepancy between what GS and BB said in the TDS Q&A (two months from this week) and what EB says here (July), even though it was at the same media conference.

Maybe they meant "float" by May and EB meant "sailing" by July? It's a little curious.

Thank you.

Is the last sentence correct, "It should be launched in July" ? (Il devrait etre mis a l'eau au mois de juillet.)

There is a discrepancy between what GS and BB said in the TDS Q&A (two months from this week) and what EB says here (July), even though it was at the same media conference.

Maybe they meant "float" by May and EB meant "sailing" by July? It's a little curious.

yep, there is some conditionality in "devrait" so the translation into "should" is adequate, Valencia's remark on finishing is correct too.

as for that discrepancy you see... aren't you a being wee bit paranoic ? (or should I say, your usual self :lol: ) , "mis à l'eau" can be both, first float or ready to sail, maybe it's just that the boss is a bit more cauteous and the employees a bit more bullish, that's all well within their roles.

Out of stubbornness and female intuition I still believe, CZ is born here somewhere:

post-20594-1237278041_thumb.jpg

Ha, ha, das ist gut!

yep, there is some conditionality in "devrait" so the translation into "should" is adequate, Valencia's remark on finishing is correct too.

as for that discrepancy you see... aren't you a being wee bit paranoic ? (or should I say, your usual self :lol: ) , "mis à l'eau" can be both, first float or ready to sail, maybe it's just that the boss is a bit more cauteous and the employees a bit more bullish, that's all well within their roles.

Thanks.

And - yes - the way they play their roles are a little different. I remember one interview (Le Matin?) where EB was asked about his AC32 budget being 85M (somethings) and he asked the interviewer "Where did you hear that?" and the interviewer said it was from a Simmer quote, and EB said something like "He has no business talking budgets in public. I will have to go box his ears!" Sounded playful, but it was in French, but anyway,.. it sorta suggested the same thing. They aren't always perfectly in sync and on-message. And the 'bullish' versus cautious thing has played out over time on the launch date too. EB is always quoting later dates than everyone else.

As everybody here knows we Swiss are not only greedy but nuts as hell. Having a job means you usually work 42 hours a week. Me, being double nuts, have another, policital job on the town council. Lots of honours but also lots of overtime. So I have a time problem if I go searching for CheeseZilla.

Dear Mr. Town Councillor,

Put Toto in the car, drive to some likely industrial areas and find the Big Cheese.

As a nutty councillor you should know your way around.

We look forward to receiving your report by 9 a.m. Monday.

Yours, Hastings

P.S. If you are working only 42 hours a week, count your blessings!

Back to one of my favorite subjects.. the search for Cheezilla...

I think this video shows the inside of the building where a lot of the action has happened. It is in Villeneuve and the boat may have been moved since then. But another piece that I posted before said the building was being leased to Decision for construction of the Solar Impulse wings, ~and~ for the 'mounting and assembly of Mr Bertarelli's trimaran.' I can't think why they would move the boat out of here, unless it was because the space was needed for another project afterward?

Anyway, you can see one of the guys is wearing an Alinghi sweat shirt too, just like in the Solar Impulse photos on their site, it's same guy and may even be the Flojo who posted the original 'CZ1, CZ2, CZ3' photos, that were really just these Solar Impulse wing parts. I bet it is the same construction facility:

http://www.banking-on-green.com/en/content...o_insights.html

~and~ for the 'mounting and assembly of Mr Bertarelli's trimaran.'

Wouldn't it be fun (and a joke on everyone) if it turned out to be a trimaran, either 90 or 115 feet?

As everybody here knows we Swiss are not only greedy but nuts as hell. Having a job means you usually work 42 hours a week. Me, being double nuts, have another, policital job on the town council. Lots of honours but also lots of overtime. So I have a time problem if I go searching for CheeseZilla.

Dear Mr. Town Councillor,

Put Toto in the car, drive to some likely industrial areas and find the Big Cheese.

As a nutty councillor you should know your way around.

We look forward to receiving your report by 9 a.m. Monday.

Yours, Hastings

P.S. If you are working only 42 hours a week, count your blessings!

Would be a bit of a problem, being in Noordwijk (HOL) from today until Wednesday evening! Watched a bit of kite surfing and am preparing now the meeting for the coming days.

Sorry about being of so little help, but I really appreciate your encouraging me.

Wouldn't it be fun (and a joke on everyone) if it turned out to be a trimaran, either 90 or 115 feet?

I am convinced that when we see it, we will call it a trimaran. Look at the D35's, the Swiss refer to them as cats but many of us may not.

People who seem to be in the know on some European sites that I've read use the term interchangeably, when talking about CZ.

I am also convinced that she will come in at right around 112 feet. But I don't want to bet on if that is LOA or LWL. Am leaning toward it being both, but just can't point to anything supporting that yet.

Yea, well ... with Nigel Irens involved ....

post-23687-1237757245_thumb.jpg

Cheesezilla concept?

PERreg.jpg

I am also convinced that she will come in at right around 112 feet. But I don't want to bet on if that is LOA or LWL. Am leaning toward it being both, but just can't point to anything supporting that yet.

There is no chance of the LOA and LWL being the same. If you are designing a multhull for offshore work, you make it as big as you can overall, then you make sure the WL length is as long as possible. If you have a rule limiting LWL, as is the case with the DoG, you maximise that, then get as much free overall length as is practical.

So the first approach ends up with LOA approx equal to LWL, and the second ends up with a much greater LOA than LWL.

There is no chance of the LOA and LWL being the same. If you are designing a multhull for offshore work, you make it as big as you can overall, then you make sure the WL length is as long as possible. If you have a rule limiting LWL, as is the case with the DoG, you maximise that, then get as much free overall length as is practical.

So the first approach ends up with LOA approx equal to LWL, and the second ends up with a much greater LOA than LWL.

Yes - That was the approach with DZ. 90' LWL at rest (center hull) but 105' LOA on the floats and at least 115' with the sprit, depending on the sprit.

If you apply that same model ratio to CZ then if you assume 115' on the water you reach close to 130' LOA including a sprit. Even longer if the floats are up at 125' with overhangs.

DZ is in for some changes, I've seen pics of the tooling. This will get interesting. I doubt the DZ change will be that radical as to match CZ in size, but if the changes are right for DZ's size, then it will be one hell of a fast boat regardless.

I am convinced that when we see it, we will call it a trimaran. Look at the D35's, the Swiss refer to them as cats but many of us may not.

People who seem to be in the know on some European sites that I've read use the term interchangeably, when talking about CZ.

MAHGUAH SAY BROTHER YOUR ON RIGHT TRACK IF THEY USE OR FOLLOW --D FO G -

The competing yachts or vessels, if of one mast, shall be not less than forty-four

feet nor more than ninety feet on the load water-line; if of more than one mast

they shall be not less than eighty feet nor more than one hundred and fifteen feet

on the load water-line.

AND NO MATTER WHAT WESLAKE POSTED THOSE NUMBERS AND LOA AND LWL WILL BE CLOSE TO EXACT IF A CAT-

JUST LOOK AT THE BOW STEM DESIGNS-ALMOST STRAIGHT UP- OR PLUMB--INCHES DIFF NOT FT--

TRIMARAN WOULD BE THE WEIRD ONE TO CALCULATE AS THE MAIN HULL IS MEASURED AND SO IT WOULD BE ASSIGNED LOA AND LWL'S AND LESS LIKELY PLUMB--

ALSO IF THE OUTER HULLS ARE FURTHER AFT THEN MAIN HULLTHEN IT WOULD HAVE TO BE MEASURE ACCORDINGLY--YES IT WOULD--

MAHGUAH SAY IT WILL BE WILD EITHER WAY AND AWAY FROM BEING A YACHT AS SCHULYER WANTED AND DOCUMENTED-

IF THIS IS BEST FOR THE OVERALL SAILING OF THIS FINE-MORE PUBLIC GLOBAL INTEREST--

MAYBE ALL PEOPLE WILL BE MORE INTERESTED IN SAVING AND RESTORING THE OCEAN WATER QUALITY-ETC--

JUST LOOK AT THE BOW STEM DESIGNS-ALMOST STRAIGHT UP- OR PLUMB--INCHES DIFF NOT FT--

There is a good article about ~exactly~ this exact subject in Seahorse issue 346, p41, including diagrams of the latest designs, and by size, by DZ's designers.

MAHGUAH SAY IT WILL BE WILD EITHER WAY AND AWAY FROM BEING A YACHT AS SCHULYER WANTED AND DOCUMENTED-

I like to think it is exactly what Schuyler had in mind.

IF THIS IS BEST FOR THE OVERALL SAILING OF THIS FINE-MORE PUBLIC GLOBAL INTEREST--

That part too. It is balls-to-the-wall time, baby. Both teams know it.

I like to think it is exactly what Schuyler had in mind.

That part too. It is balls-to-the-wall time, baby. Both teams know it.

MAHGUAH SAY GOOD THANKS I WILL LOOK AT THAT-

MAHGUAH SAY THE BALLS TO THE WALLS --CONCEPT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR SNG ALINGHI AS THEY WILL BE LEGALLY NEUTERED-

MAHGUAH SAY THE BALLS TO THE WALLS --CONCEPT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR SNG ALINGHI AS THEY WILL BE LEGALLY NEUTERED-

I think you are a little crazy at times. But that humor is quite endearing.

:)

AND NO MATTER WHAT WESLAKE POSTED THOSE NUMBERS AND LOA AND LWL WILL BE CLOSE TO EXACT IF A CAT-

You don't really have much of an idea about yacht design, do you?

The shape of the D35 has nothing to do with the shape of a design that is restricted on the waterline but is otherwise open.

Mahguah, rather than you coming back with a bullshit answer about how clueless I am and how you are going to report me to Interpol for denigrating your skills in naval architecture, what about we just make a simple bet- I'll bet you a bottle of Mount Gay rum that Cheezilla is at least 10 ft longer LOA than LWL. I don't have a clue how long it will be or how many hulls it will have, but I do know that no designer in their right mind would make it plumb stem and stern down to the waterline.

You don't really have much of an idea about yacht design, do you?

The shape of the D35 has nothing to do with the shape of a design that is restricted on the waterline but is otherwise open.

Mahguah, rather than you coming back with a bullshit answer about how clueless I am and how you are going to report me to Interpol for denigrating your skills in naval architecture, what about we just make a simple bet- I'll bet you a bottle of Mount Gay rum that Cheezilla is at least 10 ft longer LOA than LWL. I don't have a clue how long it will be or how many hulls it will have, but I do know that no designer in their right mind would make it plumb stem and stern down to the waterline.

MAHGUAH SAY WHERE DID I TYPE IN D35--? YOUR REALLY LAME--GET THE STORY STRAIGHT- I WAS ADDING A COMMENT AND I ALSO SAW YOU REMOVED YOUR

ERROR ABOUT NOTHING OVER 90 FT--TO STINGRAY--

QUIK TO CHANGE GOOD CAUSE YOU WERE WRONG --I HAVE BEEN BUILDING YACHTS /RACING BOATS AND REPAIRED OTHERS FOR OVER 30 YEARS-

AND SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TYPING ABOUT ---YOU ARE WRONG AND SO LOOK-- WATCH AND LEARN--

AND YOU FALSELY TYPE THAT WELL ... NO ..WELL HERE IS WHAT YOU TYPED

but I do know that no designer in their right mind would make it plumb stem and stern down to the waterline BY WESLAKE

SO IF YOU LOOK AT THE BO-S OF THESE BOATS SOME DESIGNERS ARE DOING WHAT YOU SAID --WOULDNT HAPPEN---

LARRY HAS THE BEST OF THE BEST --AND OF COURSE --YOU THINK YOUR -WHAT A NA--LOL--AND BETTER--LOLLLOOOOLL

THANKS- FOR THE LAUGHS----GOOD YOUR ON THE COMPUTER TYPING YOUR BS AND NOT IN THE TRADE--ACTUALLY WORKING YOUR "MAGIC"--

SO DONT COME BACK WITH ANOTHER CLARIFICATION--LIKE THE OTHER BLOUNDERS OF YOURS AS IN ----WHO WASNT WORKING ON OLIN CREW ETC--

BUT YOU SAID HE WAS? LOL

YOU TAKE A LOOK ITS DONE --BEING DONE AND WILL BE DONE--BIG DEAL--

BROTHER PEELMANS BOAT HE POSTED CAD DRAWING HAS THEM --YOUR .. WHAT IS THAT--?? HE HAS THE IDEA THE DESIGNERS ARE DOING IT

LOOK SEE THOSE LITTLE MARKS LETTERING ON THE STEM WHAT DO YOU THINKS THOSE ARE??

post-34407-1237779243_thumb.png

MAHGUAH SAY WHERE DID I TYPE IN D35--? YOUR REALLY LAME--GET THE STORY STRAIGHT- I WAS ADDING A COMMENT AND I ALSO SAW YOU REMOVED YOUR ERROR ABOUT NOTHING OVER 90 FT--TO STINGRAY--

Sorry, I think you're having delusions again, what comment about "nothing over 90ft" did I remove - I updated a post by adding a sentence to it (post #217 in this thread), but I don't think I deleted anything from it. Can you clarify precisely what you are accusing me of?

QUIK TO CHANGE GOOD CAUSE YOU WERE WRONG --I HAVE BEEN BUILDING YACHTS /RACING BOATS AND REPAIRED OTHERS FOR OVER 30 YEARS-AND SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TYPING ABOUT ---YOU ARE WRONG AND SO LOOK-- WATCH AND LEARN--

Newbie!

SO IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOWS OF THESE BOATS SOME DESIGNERS ARE DOING WHAT YOU SAID --WOULDNT HAPPEN---

Bank Populaire is not a DoG boat, so it is not relevant to the argument. The amas of DoGzilla barely touch the water at rest and the base of the ama stems are well clear. The marks on the stem I assume are to indicate sailing waterline, but this is not where the LWL is measured. DoGzilla has a LOA of about 105' on the ama and when the boat is sailing this is all used. Regardless of this, the measured LWL at rest will be <90'

I didn't say that Cheezilla wouldn't have plumb stems, I said it wouldn't have plumb stems down to the waterline. In other words it will have a shorter waterline and overhangs which get immersed when sailing. This will apply whether it is a cat or a tri and is no different to DZ.

LARRY HAS THE BEST OF THE BEST --AND OF COURSE --YOU THINK YOUR -WHAT A NA--LOL--AND BETTER--LOLLLOOOOLL

M.S.N.A.M.E. & M.R.I.N.A., if you're curious

MAHGUAH SAY WHERE DID I TYPE IN D35--? YOUR REALLY LAME--GET THE STORY STRAIGHT- I WAS ADDING A COMMENT AND I ALSO SAW YOU REMOVED YOUR ERROR ABOUT NOTHING OVER 90 FT--TO STINGRAY--

Sorry, I think you're having delusions again, what comment about "nothing over 90ft" did I remove - I updated a post by adding a sentence to it (post #217 in this thread), but I don't think I deleted anything from it. Can you clarify precisely what you are accusing me of?

QUIK TO CHANGE GOOD CAUSE YOU WERE WRONG --I HAVE BEEN BUILDING YACHTS /RACING BOATS AND REPAIRED OTHERS FOR OVER 30 YEARS-AND SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TYPING ABOUT ---YOU ARE WRONG AND SO LOOK-- WATCH AND LEARN--

Newbie!

SO IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOWS OF THESE BOATS SOME DESIGNERS ARE DOING WHAT YOU SAID --WOULDNT HAPPEN---

Bank Populaire is not a DoG boat, so it is not relevant to the argument. The amas of DoGzilla barely touch the water at rest and the base of the ama stems are well clear. The marks on the stem I assume are to indicate sailing waterline, but this is not where the LWL is measured. DoGzilla has a LOA of about 105' on the ama and when the boat is sailing this is all used. Regardless of this, the measured LWL at rest will be <90'

I didn't say that Cheezilla wouldn't have plumb stems, I said it wouldn't have plumb stems down to the waterline. In other words it will have a shorter waterline and overhangs which get immersed when sailing. This will apply whether it is a cat or a tri and is no different to DZ.

M.S.N.A.M.E. & M.R.I.N.A., if you're curious

LOLLL NOT CURIOUS THAT MEANS EVEN LESS TO ME--YOUR WRONG AND TAKING MY EXAMPLES AWAY DOSENT HELP YOU --YOUR BS IS THAT

MAHGUAH SAY YOU HAD A 90 FT ........AND YOU CHANGED IT--I SAW IT AND READ IT--

AFTER YOU CHECKED YOU CHANGED IT --THATS WHY I POSTED THE D OF G WORDS--STINGRAY IS RIGHT--

YOUR "OPINIONS' ARE LIKE YOUR OTHER CRAP YOU TYPE -IE THE SA WEBSITE--OLIN DESIGN TEAM--ETC--

HEY YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION--DONT ACT LIKE YOURS IS RIGHT AND MY IS WRONG--YOU GOT NOTHING--

IF I SAY SOMETHING AND YOU FOOLS SAY I AM WRONG I ALWAYS SHOW THE EVIDENCE--WHY DO I BOTHER ?

YOUR BS IS WHAT DEGRADES THE TRADE-----SKILLS THATS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE---

LOLLL NOT CURIOUS THAT MEANS EVEN LESS TO ME--YOUR WRONG AND TAKING MY EXAMPLES AWAY DOSENT HELP YOU --YOUR BS IS THAT

MAHGUAH SAY YOU HAD A 90 FT ........AND YOU CHANGED IT--I SAW IT AND READ IT--

AFTER YOU CHECKED YOU CHANGED IT --THATS WHY I POSTED THE D OF G WORDS--STINGRAY IS RIGHT--

Sorry, what do you think I had said and deleted? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

YOUR "OPINIONS' ARE LIKE YOUR OTHER CRAP YOU TYPE -IE THE SA WEBSITE--OLIN DESIGN TEAM--ETC--

OK, I said in that thread (see http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php...&p=2166786) regarding Dave Pedrick -

"He does have a lot of AC experience and he has been involved in some winning campaigns, although I would take with a grain of salt his website's claim that he was principal designer of Courageous in 1974 .................". In other words, I felt he was downplaying Olin's contribution. At no time did I suggest that Olin was not the designer of Courageous, so where do you get this crap you are rambling on about now?

HEY YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION--DONT ACT LIKE YOURS IS RIGHT AND MY IS WRONG--YOU GOT NOTHING--

IF I SAY SOMETHING AND YOU FOOLS SAY I AM WRONG I ALWAYS SHOW THE EVIDENCE--WHY DO I BOTHER ?

You are such a clueless, illogical, incoherent tosser it's incredible. Are you sure you are not really Frank Mighetto?

Anyway, I offered to place a bet on whether you were wrong or right about the LWL being the same as the LOA on Cheeszilla - are you prepared to back up your bullshit with something tangible? I've still got 3 of Indio's bottles of Mt Gay in my liquor cabinet, I can afford to lose one to you. Come on, put your money where your big mouth is.

well, if that central "part" touches the water, it's a hull = we have a trimaran;

otoh, if it doesn't, it's not a hull, but a central "pod" or whatever = we have a cat.

MAHGUAH SAY AGAIN YOUR RIGHT ON AND YOU SHOULD KNOW WHY--

b] Am leaning toward it being both, but just can't point to anything supporting that yet.[/b]

BOTH AND SUPPORTING --OK HERE IT IS- I WILL EXPLAIN IT--

IF THE LOA --= AS IN LENGTH OVER ALL-= LWL IS BOTH OR THE SAME --THE RULE CANT BE BROKEN--OR EXCEDED--

IF THE BOAT/HULL= LWL GOES DEEPER THE IT WOULD GET LONGER-AND VIOLATE RULE- COMPOUND CURVES-DISPLACEMENT-

IF THE LOA IS SAME AS IN STRAIGHT UP PLUMB ETC--IT[LWL] CANT GO -GET LONGER--JUST GOES UP THE HULL/BOW STEM/ TRANSOM --=NO VIO TO RULE-

IF THE LOA AND LWL IS DIFF AS IN LOA IS LONGER AND THE CONST-RIG CREW WEIGHT IS OFF THEN VIO POTENTIAL HAPPENS-

YES LWL WILL INCLUDE CREW-HAS TO

GEO. L . SCHULYER KNEW WHAT HE WAS WRITING ON D OF G--LWL IS A BIG FACTOR TO MEET ON THE YACHTS D OF G-[THIS] WAS DESIGNATED FOR--

THOSE BOATS HAD ALL YACHT CONTENTS -INTERIORS OF MAHOG-SYSTEMS-ETC-

NOW THERE JUST RACING BOATS- AS HE SAID ITS CHANGED WITHIN 10 YEARS HIS OF WRITING THE D O G

ALSO THE TRUTH IS THAT WHEN YOU BUILD A YACHT FROM SCRATCH-- THE WEIGHTS AND THEREFORE LWL IS UNKNOWN TILL ITS FLOATING-

I HAVE WEIGHED EVERY THING THAT WENT INTO THEM AND ITS STILL ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MATCH TECHNICAL MATH DETERMINATIONS-

YOU JUST DO YOUR BEST AND HOPEFULLY THE NA HAS THE CLACULATIONS CLOSE AND YOU ADJUST WHEN ITS IN THE WATER-

-YACHT IN THE WATER LOADED-LWL-THEN ITS EXACT AND PROVEN--ITS THE ONLY WAY TO VERIFY IT--AND THEN IT CAN BE MEASURED AND CERTIFIED-ETC

AND WITH THE LOAD-WATER LINE SET-BY SOME ADJUSTMENTS-NOT JUST FORE AND AFT -EITHER

THE DESIGN WATER LINE IS THE DWL AND IS THE SHOOT FOR MARK--YOU NEED THIS AS YOU START CUTTING IN THRU HULLS AND OTHER COMPONENTS THAT YOU

NEED A REFERENCE POINT- THIS IS TRUE WITH ALL YACHTS-RACING OR NOT-ALSO ALL THE OTHER CENTER OF BUOYANCY-C EN OF GRAVITY ETC--

ALL THOSE ARE DESIGNED BUT MATH HYPOTEICAL UNTIL ITS IN THE WATER BOTTOM LINE--

SO BROTHER STINGRAY -YES BY DWL AND LOA LWL ALL ONE WITH PLUMB-OR EVEN AFT FROM LOA BOW STEM--

IN THE WATER --BOAT NEVER EXCEEDS THE NUMBER OR THE RULE--

^

As for measuring DoG boats there is no formal procedure noted in the Deed. Would that been one of the reasons a CHR is required ASAP to provide proof the DoG boats qualifies? That the boat is not outside of the DoG max measurments. Also, to to give the Defender a heads up that the Challenger does indeed have a DoG complient boat?

^

As for measuring DoG boats there is no formal procedure noted in the Deed. Would that been one of the reasons a CHR is required ASAP to provide proof the DoG boats qualifies? That the boat is not outside of the DoG max measurments. Also, to to give the Defender a heads up that the Challenger does indeed have a DoG complient boat?

MAHGUAH SAY BROTHER PEELMAN-AGREED-YES ON YOUR FIRST QUESTION-EXACTLY-YES TO YOUR 2ND QUESTION--ITS SIMPLE AND VERIFIED-

LIKE I TRIED TO DESCRIBE BEFORE--DWL IS NOTHING--LWL- IS THE ONE- SCHULYER KNEW YOU CANT CHEAT WITH THAT NUMBER-AND LWL-

THE FORMAL PROCEDURE IS SELF DESCRIBED-LWL-LINE [WATER] AS IN THE WATER-SHOWING -LINE-AT WHICH THE TRUE LWL IS ESTABLISHED-

OK SAY ITS 90 FT-LWL RULE AND YOU HAVE A MONO HULL-WITH LOA 120 FT AND IT DRAWS OR LWL IS ACTUALLY 95 FT -VIO TO RULE-

THE CUSTOM HOUSE REG-IS THE FINAL CERTIFICATION-

AND ALL COMPLETED YACHTS--CHR--OR USCG OR APPROVED MEASURE - I HAVE SEEN[READ] THAT IS ALLOWED BY OTHERS THEN USCG HERE ?

WHEN I RELEASE SOME OF HIS [GEO L. SCHULYER] WRITINGS ABOUT THIS-- ITS DISCUSSED ALL AT LENGTH EVEN THE YACHT VS NOT YACHTS AS HE REQUIRED-

MY LITIGATION EVIDENCE/ EXHIBITS HAVE ALL THAT --I WILL GET YOU A COPY OF IT ALL- WHEN IT GOES PUBLIC-OK

AN OLD DEF TO SEE--THIS FOR SHIP SAME PRINCIPLE WE WENT OVER---FOR VERIFICATION

Wow, that Estimated Horse Power calculator should come in really handy for Cheezilla's designers, can you include a propeller sizing chart as well please? Do you actually read any of the stuff you post?

Anyway Mahguah, put your money where your mouth is, take the bet - I say Cheezilla will have a LOA that exceeds its LWL by at least 10 feet, you say it won't. One bottle of Mt Gay rum, I'm sure you can afford that, even with all your costly litigation in play.

Come on, you can do it, stop talking and take some action for a change.

WHEN I RELEASE SOME OF HIS [GEO L. SCHULYER] WRITINGS ABOUT THIS-- ITS DISCUSSED ALL AT LENGTH EVEN THE YACHT VS NOT YACHTS AS HE REQUIRED-

MY LITIGATION EVIDENCE/ EXHIBITS HAVE ALL THAT --I WILL GET YOU A COPY OF IT ALL- WHEN IT GOES PUBLIC-OK

Ok - without prejudice to your case - would you mind telling us where you "Found" these writings and what they exactly consist of i.e. Are they specific writings perhaps appended to the original text of the third Deed, or diary writings made on or around the period of its authoring (or more generally during his lifetime). Could you also reveal whether or not he made any specific references to multi-hulls as sailing vessels generally in these writings ? SO I KNOW.

(p.s. - if I'd known you were an f'ing Boat-builder, I might not have been so rhough on you in some previous posts . . . )

I've still got 3 of Indio's bottles of Mt Gay in my liquor cabinet, I can afford to lose one to you. Come on, put your money where your big mouth is.

Comrade Weslake ... what did Indio do to lose 3 bottles of rum? And how did he deliver them?

I've still got 3 of Indio's bottles of Mt Gay in my liquor cabinet, I can afford to lose one to you. Come on, put your money where your big mouth is.

Comrade Weslake ... what did Indio do to lose 3 bottles of rum? And how did he deliver them?

It was 4 bottles, but I have already drunk one, very tasty too.

When ETNZ were 2-1 up in the final of the AC, I bet him one bottle per race for the remaining races. He was also supposed to buy an Alinghi cap and sweatshirt, wear it to an All Blacks game and post photos on AC Anarchy, but he reneged on this bit, probably because it might have got him killed.

As far as delivery goes, I assume that he emailed an order with credit card details through to my local liquor shop, which delivered them directly to me.

Wagers of this kind are easy to do, and honourable people will always pay up. It's a good way of silencing the more opinionated members of forums such as this. If they can't spring for a single bottle of sailing's universal currency to back their point of view, they should shut the fuck up.

When ETNZ were 2-1 up in the final of the AC, I bet him one bottle per race for the remaining races. He was also supposed to buy an Alinghi cap and sweatshirt, wear it to an All Blacks game and post photos on AC Anarchy, but he reneged on this bit, probably because it might have got him killed.

Wow ... I was in Valencia and knew nothing of this.

But I am impressed Indio is a man of honour and paid up !

Could someone give me a 25 words or less summary of the best guess location of CZ? I need to go to Lausanne in the next week or so, and I might as well bring a real camera along with me. I could spend an hour or two hunting around Villeneuve, but I won't have all day.

It was 4 bottles, but I have already drunk one, very tasty too.

As far as delivery goes, I assume that he emailed an order with credit card details through to my local liquor shop, which delivered them directly to me.

Wagers of this kind are easy to do, and honourable people will always pay up. It's a good way of silencing the more opinionated members of forums such as this. If they can't spring for a single bottle of sailing's universal currency to back their point of view, they should shut the fuck up.

I agree on all points, especially about the "shut the fuck up" part. Hence why I do not wager. ;) You mentioned that Indio payed up sometime ago. My opinion of Indio changed when I read that. Well at least a little. Now if he actually went threw with doning the Alinghi carb and posting a photo I would of elevated him up a tad more. :P

WetHog :ph34r:

Could someone give me a 25 words or less summary of the best guess location of CZ? I need to go to Lausanne in the next week or so, and I might as well bring a real camera along with me. I could spend an hour or two hunting around Villeneuve, but I won't have all day.

I would look for a recently-constructed building at least 120' long "between Villeneuve and Montreux." It shouldn't be hard to spot something like that, it's a narrowly confined area that is only 3km or so.

There's a good chance it is in this area (old photo, but..)

post-17804-1237824473_thumb.jpg

That's the castle Chillon on the water to the south of the area I am thinking.

If you don't spot it in an hour or two (and even if you do) then I would also go over to the Decision/Alinghi buildings. They are in the lower of these two circles

post-17804-1237824880_thumb.jpg

Another shot of them, in the circle on the left:

post-17804-1237825021_thumb.jpg

(Ignore the green circle, that's just Bombardier)

Another pic of the Decision and Alinghi buildings in Villeneuve. It's where Le Black was helicoptered from, there may well be some CZ activities there.

post-17804-1237826355_thumb.jpg

Looking at that picture of Castle Chillion it occures to me that I think I've been to that castle before. I was 14 at the time, and during the trip I got drunk at a bar for the first time in my life, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I'll have to ask my Mom if she still has the pictures. :lol:

Ok - without prejudice to your case - would you mind telling us where you "Found" these writings and what they exactly consist of i.e. Are they specific writings perhaps appended to the original text of the third Deed, or diary writings made on or around the period of its authoring (or more generally during his lifetime). Could you also reveal whether or not he made any specific references to multi-hulls as sailing vessels generally in these writings ? SO I KNOW.

(p.s. - if I'd known you were an f'ing Boat-builder, I might not have been so rhough on you in some previous posts . . . )

MAHGUAH SAY I HAVE SOME VERY INTERESTING DOCUMENTS WITH GEO. L. SCHULYER'S WORDS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF WHAT I HAVE STATED AND MORE-

I DID SHOW 1 PERSON SOME OF WHAT I FOUND AND SURE HE SAID IT WAS HUGE INFO- SORRY I AM NOT GOING TO SHOW THOSE BEFORE COURT FILINGS-

THE INFO IS TO CRITICAL TO MY CASE AND LITIGATION- ALSO ALTHOUGH I SEE YOUR WORDS ON YOUR PS-

I DONT KNOW YOU OR WHO YOU ARE AND SO-WHY SHOULD I DO YOU ANY FAVORS AND ALL THE ATTACKS YOU PERFORMED-PREVIOUS-YOUR SEMI SORRY-WEAK-

ANYWAY ALL THIS WILL BE RELEASED WHEN IT GOES PUBLIC AND ENEMY -DEFENDANTS WONT GET INFO UNTIL I GIVE IT TO THEM BY SUING THEM AS DEFENDANTS

SO I ALSO HAVE MADE CERTAIN AGREEMENTS WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE SO THE LITIGATION ETC WILL BE POSTED HERE-FIRST SO-

THE FREE FOR ALL TO SEE AND BADGER OR APPLAUDE ---LITIGATION DOCUMENTS WILL BE MOSTLY AVAILABLE SO WILL EXHIBITS--

AND YES I COULD HAVE SOLD THIS INFO FOR SOME BUCKS--I WANT THE FIASCO HALTED AND TRUST FIXED---

SO ALL THE BS FROM THE FOOLS POSTING HERE IS LAUGHABLE--

I HAVE THE DEFINITION FOR "HAVING"--

I HAVE DEFINITION FOR "YACHT CLUB"--

OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS-SO EVIDENCE IS EVERYTHING--ITS MY CASE--

THE LAWS ARE THERE --THE VIOLATIONS ARE THERE--THE EVIDENCE--THATS THE HARD PART --GOT PLENTY NOW SO--

THINGS ARE ALREADY HAPPENING --THIS WEEK YOU SHOULD SEE SOME GOOD NEWS-WELL DEPENDS WHAT SIDE YOUR ON-

Looking at that picture of Castle Chillion it occures to me that I think I've been to that castle before. I was 14 at the time, and during the trip I got drunk at a bar for the first time in my life, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I'll have to ask my Mom if she still has the pictures. :lol:

Have never been to that part of Switzerland. But the stretch from Vevey to Villeneuve is scenic, I can see the attraction. There is a decent waterfront walk the entire length of that coast, with several parks and cafes along the way.

Perfect. I need to schedule around this week's storm, but I'll try to get something. And definitely better quality than my last pictures.

I would look for a recently-constructed building at least 120' long "between Villeneuve and Montreux." It shouldn't be hard to spot something like that, it's a narrowly confined area that is only 3km or so.

If you don't spot it in an hour or two (and even if you do) then I would also go over to the Decision/Alinghi buildings. They are in the lower of these two circles

He'd better have a look at Lausanne. Between Villeneuve and Montreux you can't build a 120ft building.

He'd better have a look at Lausanne. Between Villeneuve and Montreux you can't build a 120ft building.

Yes - That's the conclusion I've been struggling with too.

Decision does have a fancy big new place in Ecublens, near Lausanne, it seems a more logical holding place for CZ.

http://www.decision.ch/ANG/noustrouver.htm

http://www.decision.ch/ANG/default.htm

But as I've said before, it has been suggested that it really is "between Villeneuve and Montreux."

I have no reason to think that's a lie, and it came from two different people, days apart.

And since early July, Decision has been busy building two new D35's, plus who-knows-what else, in the space inside their new facility.

MAHGUAH SAY I HAVE SOME VERY INTERESTING DOCUMENTS WITH GEO. L. SCHULYER'S WORDS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF WHAT I HAVE STATED AND MORE-

I DID SHOW 1 PERSON SOME OF WHAT I FOUND AND SURE HE SAID IT WAS HUGE INFO- SORRY I AM NOT GOING TO SHOW THOSE BEFORE COURT FILINGS-

THE INFO IS TO CRITICAL TO MY CASE AND LITIGATION- ALSO ALTHOUGH I SEE YOUR WORDS ON YOUR PS-

I DONT KNOW YOU OR WHO YOU ARE AND SO-WHY SHOULD I DO YOU ANY FAVORS AND ALL THE ATTACKS YOU PERFORMED-PREVIOUS-YOUR SEMI SORRY-WEAK-

ANYWAY ALL THIS WILL BE RELEASED WHEN IT GOES PUBLIC AND ENEMY -DEFENDANTS WONT GET INFO UNTIL I GIVE IT TO THEM BY SUING THEM AS DEFENDANTS

SO I ALSO HAVE MADE CERTAIN AGREEMENTS WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE SO THE LITIGATION ETC WILL BE POSTED HERE-FIRST SO-

THE FREE FOR ALL TO SEE AND BADGER OR APPLAUDE ---LITIGATION DOCUMENTS WILL BE MOSTLY AVAILABLE SO WILL EXHIBITS--

AND YES I COULD HAVE SOLD THIS INFO FOR SOME BUCKS--I WANT THE FIASCO HALTED AND TRUST FIXED---

SO ALL THE BS FROM THE FOOLS POSTING HERE IS LAUGHABLE--

I HAVE THE DEFINITION FOR "HAVING"--

I HAVE DEFINITION FOR "YACHT CLUB"--

OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS-SO EVIDENCE IS EVERYTHING--ITS MY CASE--

THE LAWS ARE THERE --THE VIOLATIONS ARE THERE--THE EVIDENCE--THATS THE HARD PART --GOT PLENTY NOW SO--

THINGS ARE ALREADY HAPPENING --THIS WEEK YOU SHOULD SEE SOME GOOD NEWS-WELL DEPENDS WHAT SIDE YOUR ON-

Do you know what the definition of is is?

Yes - That's the conclusion I've been struggling with too.

Decision does have a fancy big new place in Ecublens, near Lausanne, it seems a more logical holding place for CZ.

But as I've said before, it has been suggested that it really is "between Villeneuve and Montreux."

I have no reason to think that's a lie, and it came from two different people, days apart.

And since early July, Decision has been busy building two new D35's, plus who-knows-what else, in the space inside their new facility.

This link includes a shot of the new facility.

http://www.decision.ch/ANG/actualite.htm

This link includes a shot of the new facility.

http://www.decision.ch/ANG/actualite.htm

Flojo - You posted some of the Solar Impulse shots once before? There is one at the bottom of that page link. Is this photo from at Villeneuve, or at that other city where the SI's final assembly happened, 250Km north? I'm guessing Vill?

Well unless Flojo responds with something intelligent, I'm going to assume that this post here was another intentional red herring, from Flojo.

Villeneuve and Montreux are only three miles apart (along the coast). If it's there, you won't have to search very hard for likely hiding places.

Back to one of my favorite subjects.. the search for Cheezilla...

I think this video shows the inside of the building where a lot of the action has happened.

Well, the bloke wearing the Alinghi shirt pretty well gives the game away.

The Solar Impulse looks like an intriguing project. And Picard looks mighty motivated (run in his family)

Now if he actually went threw with doning the Alinghi carb and posting a photo I would of elevated him up a tad more. :P

It is not reasonable to make Indio wear Alinghi garb. to an All Blacks match.

At the forthcoming rugby World Cup (2012) only millionaires and political insiders will be able to afford tickets.

It is basically ridiculous and I will not be sorry if it all turns to custard.

Villeneuve and Montreux are only three miles apart (along the coast). If it's there, you won't have to search very hard for likely hiding places.

Agreed.

Okay - Deep breath.

In case anyone missed it, and to drive the point home even if they did not miss it.. Here's a recap on the big question "Where Is The Big Cheeze" as best as I can gather it so far.

Flojo, who steps in suddenly to say "He'd better have a look at Lausanne. Between Villeneuve and Montreux you can't build a 120ft building" is the same guy who posted pics of the Solar Impulse wings, that were posted at the Solar Impulse site already (but none of us knew yet) and labeled the damn things CZ1, CZ2, and CZ3.

If the intention was to mislead people, then it certainly did that, to me anyway, for a time. But the joke is kind of on him now, because I stuck so hard to the damn things that I figured out where the building was, in Villeneuve.

Later, based on it being right next to a company called Miauton, I managed to locate meeting minutes in a Villeneuve business report from October, in French, where they connected CZ, SI, Decision, Miauton, Bertarelli, and Bombardier. Bingo.

That led to the SI page, to those SI photos that were mislabeled as being CZ ones here in the forum, and to the video showing the inside of the building. It also calls Bertarelli's boat a trimaran. I think I can pinpoint the building, but the horse likely left the barn already. The SI wings left December 5th. Not sure if/when any large CZ parts did.

So despite Flojo's little 'joke' we know a shitload more about CZ as a result; even if the path was intentionally circuitous.

The reason I want to know if Flojo is being misleading again, intentionally or otherwise, is because - finally - someone is going to go scout the area out for us.

That person is Schnappi. He is who, by pure luck, got caught in a traffic jam outside Vevey late one morning (actually, starting at just about 11:35) on his way to a dentist's office. He saw two trucks, carrying very large hulls, causing the hiway block. One of them backed down the other side of the hiway right past him. And he thought: 'Oh My God, it could only be one thing!' And he took 6 shots with all he had, his cell phone with a poor quality camera. But based on even just those shots, with help from you guys I was able to position his car, twice, and the trucks with the hulls, and measure them by landmarks behind.

And now he's visiting again, and willing to go try find Cheezilla. With a superb setup camera this time.

And so if anyone (say... Flojo?) is dicking us around, well that is really, really unfortunate.. Nobody expects photographs of CZ yet. We just want to know where the hell she is!

This may seem obsessive, and perhaps it is to a degree. But think about it. It is quite possibly the fastest motherfucking boat ever built. And it's already been built. And we have no really good clue yet where it is hidden. We've been told it's in 'plain site' but that the Google Maps aren't new enough to show the building. Someone has to actually go. But he needs help!

Shifting through the bullshit is simply part of providing that help. Any other help, to help this effort, is greatly appreciated. The damn monster is right there - in a small region - somewhere!

The known locations so far are:

* Decision in Vevey (original spy shot),

* The hiway near Vevey (Schnappi's spy shots)

* The Decision yard in Villeneuve (next to the main highway, and probably next to an Alinghi building)

* This ex-Bombardier building, since purchased by Miauton, and leased to Decision to build SI's wings, and to assemble EB's CZ. (same industrial zone as previous bullet, in Villeneuve)

* The new Decision facility in Lausanne/Ecublens (which I just don't think is involved - for several good reasons - perhaps especially Flojo's pointing to it..)

* And now this mystery new building, too new to see in Google maps, "between Villeneuve and Montreux"

I can document pretty damn well all these places, and the timeline, except for anything about the last one, which is now the most interesting one - by far. There is a monster under wraps, I swear it! A very, very fast one!

The Solar Impulse looks like an intriguing project. And Picard looks mighty motivated (run in his family)

Yes - That damn thing oozes cool!

Okay - Deep breath.

In case anyone missed it, and to drive the point home even if they did not miss it.. Here's a recap on the big question "Where Is The Big Cheeze" as best as I can gather it so far.

If George W. had put Stingray on the Saddam WMD case (instead of idiots in the CIA), we may have avoided a friggin' war !

Good intelligence is always hard to come by.

Stingray is one hell of an intelligence officer !

And Stingette puts the whole thing to music !

Will we have the CZ photos by Monday morning?

Schnappi ... if you see Friar Tuck disguised a a parking lot attendant, get a picture.

He stands with hands on his hips.

Like this.

post-23687-1237853091_thumb.jpg

My guess is it's locked up in a UBS safety deposit box...where the recently removed US taxpayer money was kept.

But seriously, Stingray could find Bin Laden if given a Predator drone and 5 sets of boots on the ground.

Kudos for getting this far, Schnappi should be able to uncover something with Stingray's leads.

* The Decision yard in Villeneuve (next to the main highway, and probably next to an Alinghi building)

* This ex-Bombardier building, since purchased by Miauton, and leased to Decision to build SI's wings, and to assemble EB's CZ. (same industrial zone as previous bullet, in Villeneuve)

* The new Decision facility in Lausanne/Ecublens (which I just don't think is involved - for several good reasons - perhaps especially Flojo's pointing to it..)

* And now this mystery new building, too new to see in Google maps, "between Villeneuve and Montreux"

I can document pretty damn well all these places, and the timeline, except for anything about the last one, which is now the most interesting one - by far. There is a monster under wraps, I swear it! A very, very fast one!

Thanks for the compliments above, guys.

Mahguah: At the risk of bringing on another avalanche of crimes and criminals, perpetrators and potential scalpees, let me try ask a narrow question.

You've suggested you know a thing or two about yacht construction.. What do you make of this pic? This is what we around here like to call the original Alinghi Spy Shot.

It appeared on the front page some months before you joined in. And it relates, I think, to the little tiff you had with Brian W earlier in the thread, where he challenged you about if the boat will have overhangs.

So since we are (big surprise) discussing CZ again:

post-17804-1237862180_thumb.jpg

Anyone is welcome to comment too, obviously.

My only comment is that's way too wide to be an ama.

Most people who have looked figure it is a half-hull, resting on its side.

And so either the left or the right is really the top of the hull.

Good chance the hull would be symmetrical too, left-n-right. This shape would be used for the left half and the right half.

And, if this is half an ama - not a center hull, then both amas would be the same like on DZ. But massively bigger. And so there would be four of these, put together to make two big amas.

The curvature is what is interesting to me, because it might suggest the LWL.

Thanks for the compliments above, guys.

Mahguah: At the risk of bringing on another avalanche of crimes and criminals, perpetrators and potential scalpees, let me try ask a narrow question.

You've suggested you know a thing or two about yacht construction.. What do you make of this pic? This is what we around here like to call the original Alinghi Spy Shot.

It appeared on the front page some months before you joined in. And it relates, I think, to the little tiff you had with Brian W earlier in the thread, where he challenged you about if the boat will have overhangs.

So since we are (big surprise) discussing CZ again:

post-17804-1237862180_thumb.jpg

Anyone is welcome to comment too, obviously.

MAHGUAH SAY OK NO CRIMINAL STATEMENTS- DIDNT SUGGEST -I SAID IT-- ITS TRUE OK -IE yacht construction.

ITS POSSIBLE-ITS A HALF OF A HULL AND WILL BE LAMINATED TOGETHER-ITS HULL CURVE IS CLEARER ON THE SUPPORT CRADLE ON TRAILER-

ALSO I DONT KNOW WHAT THE LENGTH IS APPX? AND AS YOU STATED BELOW IT COULD BE SYMT-ALSO A SYMT--

AND YOUR LWL AGAIN-THING? NO WAY TO SEE THAT OR REF SO? I DONT SEE HOW YOU CAN THINK IT UNLESS THE LWL MAX=LOA IS LIKE I ALREADY DESCRIBED-

PLUMB BOWSTEM AT MAX LWL --WONT-CANT VIO RULE FOR LENGTH--YOU DIDNT COMMENT BROTHER SO I DIDNT -DONT KNOW IF YOU UNDERSTOOD MY

EXPLAINATION-

BACK ON THE HULLS-AND LAMINATING THESE - I DID THAT ON SOME COLD MOLDED WOOD VEN- WIND GENERATOR BLADES 40FT LONG

I EPOXY /KEVLAR LAMINATED LEADING AND TRAILING EDGES- WORKED GOOD --EVEN GOT IMPACT TESTED WHEN THE NACELL HUB BROKE AND THE BLADES WERE

LAUNCHED OFF THE TOWER AND 1 STUCK IN THE GROUND ABOUT 3 FT-THAT WAS WILD TO WATCH-ANYWAY-

ALSO WE MADE MOLDS THIS WAY FOR BOATS TO SAILPLANES WINGS -SO?

And so either the left or the right is really the top of the hull.

Good chance the hull would be symmetrical too, left-n-right. This shape would be used for the left half and the right half.

And, if this is half an ama - not a center hull, then both amas would be the same like on DZ. But massively bigger. And so there would be four of these, put together to make two big amas.

It's symmetrical left and right, which would make it symmetrical bottom and top if it were "on its side." I'd be very surprised if this has anything to do with CheezeZilla.

BROTHER STINGRAY-

FORGOT TO MENTION IF YOU LOOK AT THE CRADLES-

THE CURVE [RADIUS] ON THE LEFT THAT WOULD BE HOW THE DECK CROWNS WOULD BE [iF YOU ZOOM IN-]

THEY ARE FAIR TO EACH OTHER THOSE RADIUS AREAS ARE DIFFERENT BUT MATCHING WHAT THOSE HULL STATIONS OR SECTIONS ON HULL

WOULD BE SO MY GUESS IS THATS THE DECK SIDE -

RIGHT SIDE ON TRUCK WOULD BE THE BOTTOM [iN THE WATER]

AND YES ALL THAT COULD WORK EXACTLY REVERSE SO -HARD TO TELL -JUST MY COMMENTS -

ALSO I DONT USE THE TERMS AMA ETC --THE POLYNESIAN TERMS ARE MISSED USED AND NOT WORTH ARGUING-MY LIMITED HAWAIIAN AND KNOWING THE TERMS

JUST DONT USE THEM TERMS UNLESS ITS FOR POLYNESIAN CANOES-BOATS -PROAS-ETC

BROTHER STINGRAY-

FORGOT TO MENTION IF YOU LOOK AT THE CRADLES-

THE CURVE [RADIUS] ON THE LEFT THAT WOULD BE HOW THE DECK CROWNS WOULD BE [iF YOU ZOOM IN-]

THEY ARE FAIR TO EACH OTHER THOSE RADIUS AREAS ARE DIFFERENT BUT MATCHING WHAT THOSE HULL STATIONS OR SECTIONS ON HULL

WOULD BE SO MY GUESS IS THATS THE DECK SIDE -

RIGHT SIDE ON TRUCK WOULD BE THE BOTTOM [iN THE WATER]

AND YES ALL THAT COULD WORK EXACTLY REVERSE SO -HARD TO TELL -JUST MY COMMENTS -

ALSO I DONT USE THE TERMS AMA ETC --THE POLYNESIAN TERMS ARE MISSED USED AND NOT WORTH ARGUING-MY LIMITED HAWAIIAN AND KNOWING THE TERMS

JUST DONT USE THEM TERMS UNLESS ITS FOR POLYNESIAN CANOES-BOATS -PROAS-ETC

FOTO OF ANOTHER PLUMB BOWSTEM-THIS BOAT OWNER HAS SOME BUCKS SO THEY KNOW WHAT THERE DOING -

post-34407-1237870429_thumb.png

FOTO OF ANOTHER PLUMB BOWSTEM-THIS BOAT OWNER HAS SOME BUCKS SO THEY KNOW WHAT THERE DOING -

Yes, the hull in the Spy shot - and I do believe it is a half of a float - does have a plumb bow too.

But, like Brian was saying, because of the curve along the bottom, the LWL may be less than the LOA. Even with plumb bow and stern. Because of overhang. DZ's floats are an extreme example of this.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions and I will try decipher what you wrote above.. But tomorrow.

Yes, the hull in the Spy shot - and I do believe it is a half of a float - does have a plumb bow too.

But, like Brian was saying, because of the curve along the bottom, the LWL may be less than the LOA. Even with plumb bow and stern. Because of overhang. DZ's floats are an extreme example of this.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions and I will try decipher what you wrote above.. But tomorrow.

YOUR BRIAN W -CURVE THING ? HYPO-THET ON HYPO -THET-??????

CURVE ON THE BOTTOM??

PROFILE LINE --

LOOK THE LWL IS THE LWL NOTHING MATTERS ON THE MEASUREMENT BUT THAT- LWL-

THE D OF G IS ILLEGALLY --ALL BUSTED UP NOW AND ALL THE ALINGHI SNG -CLUSTER F*&&% CIRCUS- WRONG- JUST WRONG--

ANYWAY "DECIPHER" THAT FINE EXPLAINATION I DID CRYSTAL CLEAR--COME ON BRO--

YOU KNOW YOUR A MAD SCIENTIST TYPE TOO--LOL- MY BEST TO YOU AND YOURS--

Hate to break it to you, but the photo you showed was of shrouded ACC V5 hulls.

This is what your PLUMB BOWSTEM looked like without the covers -

post-19692-1237872701.jpg

MAHGUAH SAY LOLOOOLLLLL

MAHGUAH SAY LOLLOL

MAHGUAH SAY .... HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT THOSE HULL COVERS ARE PLUMB....LOLOOOLLL

I THINK YOU THOUGHT I THOUGHT THAT WAS A CATAMARAN...........LOLOOLLLLLLLLL

THANKS MR WESTLAWN I NEEDED THAT GOOD LAUGH

post-34407-1237876870_thumb.png

Hi Stingray

If you want to see buildings that you can't see in GE, have a look at the swiss counterpartto GE ( http://map.search.ch/villeneuve-vd ).

Chee®s(e)

flojo

Hi Stingray

If you want to see buildings that you can't see in GE, have a look at the swiss counterpartto GE ( http://map.search.ch/villeneuve-vd ).

Chee®s(e)

flojo

That's very cool - Thank you. I had seen that map before but did not think to check if it has more recent imagery than GE - now I will :)

Hi Stingray

Chee®s(e)

flojo

That's very cool - Thank you. I had seen that map before but did not think to check if it has more recent imagery than Google - now I will :)

Here's one difference, at first glance. The building circled at top is not in Google. It is apparently a new Decision building, matching the one they already had. But I have seen it in photos dating back a while already.

The building in the bottom circle, though, looks to be an extension of what I think was an existing Alinghi building. That is ~quite~ interesting already :)

Newer image on left. Google on right.

post-17804-1237939798_thumb.jpg

I'm telling you, Stingray is amazing!

I hope you're putting these skills to good use outside of SA.

And so either the left or the right in the pic is really the top of the hull.

It's symmetrical left and right, which would make it symmetrical bottom and top if it were "on its side."

Yes - It looks nearly symmetrical along the left and the right (which, when turned vertical, is the hull's top and bottom) but the photograph telescopes so much that it's hard to tell.

But either way, there ~is~ quite a lot of curvature. That is the point behind Brian's BOR photo; to illustrate that, even with a plumb bow, there can be overhang. The question I have, and it's almost impossible to tell, is if the 'footprint' - the LWL - of the hull when floating at rest, could be 90' LWL or less, even though the hull is 115' LOA. Because the bottom (whichever side that is) is so banana shaped and so the ends lift out of the water. If it is designed this way, then it suggests a single-master and the Seahorse rumors are wrong, about it having a 'fake' mast to allow > 90' LWL, or it having two real masts.

I'd be very surprised if this has anything to do with CheezeZilla.

The photo was from the second week of July 08. Alinghi said at their 'Back to Sailing' event in early April 08 that the start of build was 'imminent.' And said some of the action would be at this very site, in Vevey. That's where they built SUI 100, 92, 66, etc (could have those sail numbers wrong, but anyway..) - big hulls. If you look at the timetable like that, and the fact they were not building any other monster hulls, certainly nothing that big for use on the lake, certainly not any other AC V5's or AC 90's, then... What else could it possibly have been? I'm 99% confident this was a gigantic Cheezilla left/right half hull. it is about 10' at its deepest (widest, the the pic) and between 110' and 115' LOA.

With the cover draped over it, you can't be certain but the general consensus in the threads was that the near end is the bow, the truck-cab end the stern. What is very telling despite the cover is the shape on the cradles, as Mahguah noted above too. That is the shape of the sides of the hulls.

What is also telling is the shadow cast, in near-perfect light conditions - almost noon, on July 16. The street slopes up towards us, distorting the amount of curvature in that shadow, actually minimizing the effect. It would have looked less curved and been more accurate had the street been flat, but with the camera still at this elevation.

It is a very interesting shot. It gives us the best idea of what CZ looks like, by far. Unfortunately, we have nothing else even close to as good as this. The cell phone shots that Schnappi took, and the incident he described when he watched the trucks, were great. But it was hard to make out anything as clear as this.

This is old news to some long-timers, but here is a crude layout of that photo's situation.

post-17804-1237946313_thumb.jpg

We gradually took it further..

post-17804-1237946629_thumb.jpg

And I think it was Dogwatch who ultimately built this 3D model into Google Earth, including the cranes. We shared the model to verify its accuracy, before posting it.

post-17804-1237946677_thumb.jpg

Now: Do you still think it is not Cheezilla? B)

Hi Stingray

Chee®s(e)

flojo

That's very cool - Thank you. I had seen that map before but did not think to check if it has more recent imagery than GE - now I will :)

Damn - Schnappi could be wasting all his time. I don't see any new buildings towards Montreux, using the newer Swiss Topo TeleAtlas.

He's gonna hate me :(

Was it Albatros (the pisssing one) who did the great work laying the truck on the photo?

I will check on that later today, they deserve credit for it. The effort even got mentioned in a Seahorse article!

I am waiting to hear from our Swiss town councillor and his dog Toto.

If Toto cannot sniff out the Big Cheese what hope is there for Switzerland?

Besides, a town councillor has access to records showing the recent arrival of big doghouses.

Given the shortage of space around these Swiss lakes, it should not be hard to spot a mega-shed or enormous tent.

C'mon Toto !

Get on it !

I am waiting to hear from our Swiss town councillor and his dog Toto.

If Toto cannot sniff out the Big Cheese what hope is there for Switzerland?

Besides, a town councillor has access to records showing the recent arrival of big doghouses.

Given the shortage of space around these Swiss lakes, it should not be hard to spot a mega-shed or enormous tent.

C'mon Toto !

Get on it !

Just came back from Holland meeting. Great, friendly people, fantastic food they served (I do like fresh fish every day).

That's the place I was, I feel obliged to deliver some pictures, so here you are! Know what it is?

post-26490-1238086625_thumb.jpg

Just came back from Holland meeting. Great, friendly people, fantastic food they served (I do like fresh fish every day).

That's the place I was, I feel obliged to deliver some pictures, so here you are! Know what it is?

post-26490-1238086625_thumb.jpg

A huge shed surrounded by parking lots.

While you were in Holland Toto missed you and now needs a walk.

He knows the task.

And so do you.

So get over to Villeneuve and find the you-know-what !