Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cfarrah

F17 Midwinters Day One

Sorry it ain't the best, as it was shot on my handheld camera, but they had some good times on the water yesterday...

I'll be there tomorrow and will try to shoot some more (nothing from me today).

C.

Performance Midwinters was a blast.

10-20 both days, although when I left on Sunday morning it was blowin 22 on the beach and more on the course apparently (no canceled racing though ;) ) .

Pro-tip, don't eat oysters at a dive bar at 2AM the night before the last day of racing.

Here's all we shot. What a blast! Everyone out there had a blast, and there was plenty of adrenal activity across the board.

Sorry to hear about the oysters...

Man those Day 3 videos really don't convey how much it was blowin.

You're looking down the course with your wind at your back and therefore wont see the whitecaps and such.

Man those Day 3 videos really don't convey how much it was blowin.

You're looking down the course with your wind at your back and therefore wont see the whitecaps and such.

Agreed,

Plus we were in the lee of the shore there (top mark was much more protected as the day progressed).

It was honkin out there - 3 to 4', steep chop with whitecaps. Very gusty as well.

I was lowering my mast with the assend of the boat facing the wind. It was the first time I was able to drop it with one arm.

OK, now that I've got that figured out, here is a nice sequence of the eventual regatta winner, Bob Curry rolling the competition at the top mark (Day 1).

Thanks to Don Wigston for the photos...who knew Don could work a camera like that...

post-11365-1237916283_thumb.jpg

post-11365-1237916290_thumb.jpg

post-11365-1237916300_thumb.jpg

post-11365-1237916326_thumb.jpg

post-11365-1237916351_thumb.jpg