Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bosundog

April Fools!

Had me going until I read the Pay Per View.

Then again......

Thanks for the grins :lol: either way!!

Had me going until I read the Pay Per View.

Then again......

Thanks for the grins :lol: either way!!

I was getting huffy about the pay per view on the email until I read the disclaimer. Yep, I'm a fool. Good job guys

DAMN I was pumped! I guess for Friday's we'll have to rely on Boomer!

front what?

As far as I can tell (I'm not good at simple math) it's not 4-1-09 yet.

fk mt calc batteries just died

quite why the Ed feels it necessary to advertise that the stories are bullshit again is a mystery. Can he not let people stew in their juices for at least a day? 12 hours maybe?

we had this last year too.

Is this the nancy-boy litigious US society requiring disclaimers on all jokes, spoofs and puns?

..Funny though..!

just another reason i should start reading updates from where i left off, scrolling up....

i was interested to see how that law suite would have worked out though....

Oh man. And here I just bought a j34...

I was looking forward to seeing the lawsuit........

I almost shit a brick when I read that SA would become a subscription service...

Another fool here.

Even told myself yesterday to expect something on the news/web.

Got through my daily dose of local news with no surprises, then onto SA at lunch time.

Thought J boats had lost the plot, annoyed I would have to hide the Hustler logo at work every time I looked at SA, then thought oh well, looks like I wont be reading that anymore anyway once it goes to subscription site.

Well done, good 1st April joke.

No, not a great 4/1 front page - the candy-ass "just kidding" completely ruins the joke.

Anarchy? Not a chance.

romaine

Clean getting served tipped me off.

I agree why the explaination?

Watching the ones that didn't get it bitching about the site fees would have been better than the front page.

I think we should seriously look into getting Hustler as a title sponsor for real!

Yea, I was waiting for this. Those fuckers got me last year so I was laying in wait to see what they did this year.

Well done, and I loved the powered by Hustler

Pretty good Front Page, BUT Scuttlebutt wins first place in the April Fools accounts with their America's Cup Story and their Gary Jobson bit.

Hey Ed, nice try. Better luck next year. :lol:

I think we should seriously look into getting Hustler as a title sponsor for real!

I don't think Pitman can afford it. Christ, he's already commited to buying 4 sets of sails this year!!! Give the man a break.

Good Times indeed, well done Ed, Cheers, Winever.

ah...can we have the lawsuit report anyway.... :lol:

You did miss at least one J/boat -- and why the hell not, anyone in their right mind has more important things to do than track their releases.

J/46, which was the 44 with transom mods.

Seems like there was also a single j/25 and/or j/23

Got me too. I don't know why, but I buy in every year. ANd I was almost born on April Fool's!

I admit I bought it up to the VOR piece.

That lawsuit would have been facking hilarious.

And +1 for taking away the disclaimer. It would be a lot more fun for those of us in the know to egg 'em on as they bitch about the ocean being off limits to Aussies and having to pay to read SA.

When I got to work and opened up SA--I read the "Hustler" blurb and thought--"what has Espo gotten me into now?" I was relieved to find out that it was a joke--Larry Flynt has his hands full sponsoring our boat!

Pretty proud of myself this year that I only got halfway through the J/34 article before I figured it out. I had a quick WTF you have to be kidding me moment and then realized the date! Still some funny shit nice work! :lol:

Mr Esposito ?

Between Scott's and Scuttlefcks stories...I was roaring this morn. Thanks for giving me some time to grin on an otherwise grouchy day!

Classic stuff from the Ed as always. Personally I'd pay 50 bucks a month to read SA!

I got an email today from AC Management telling me that Valencia had signed the deal to host the pre-Cup matches and the Cup in 2010. Surely this is another April Fools? Especially with that complete fool Rita Barbera smiling out from the press release - made me spit my cornflakes all over the computer screen. God she's a nasty piece of work - how on earth do these people get jobs? Beggars belief...

Happy Fools day guys!

Magnus

So I was just turning in when i checked the blackberri and there it was, had me going for a bit, til the Cayard "family life" bit.

And here I thought a certain J/34 was about to become significantly more valuable!

And here I thought a certain J/34 was about to become significantly more valuable!

+1!!!!

The sailing world could be so lucky as for Johnstone to start pumping out the venerable J/34 again. The pinnacle of yachting!

+1!!!!

The sailing world could be so lucky as for Johnstone to start pumping out the venerable J/34 again. The pinnacle of yachting!

Come on guys!! the J-34 was a dead giveaway. I would have started with the EB lawsuit. That was FAR more believeable!!! Heee Hee

And I was looking forward to the upcoming Hustler content :angry:

Nice work Ed! I now look forward to these every year...

This year was a bit tto obvious though... gotta mix it up with real stories and drop the disclaimer for a day...

Cheers!

Disclaimer really does ruin it, but without it, defamation suits would ruin April 1st stories even more.

Disclaimer really does ruin it, but without it, defamation suits would ruin April 1st stories even more.

Really Clean, does anyone take this site Seriously enough to sue?!?

:o:P;)

SO I read Hustler thing, no way no hot link. The rest looked good at 1:30 AM I stopped reading after the Sr Paul and hit the hay. Check out the new Google Gmail

Nice work Ed! I now look forward to these every year...

This year was a bit tto obvious though... gotta mix it up with real stories and drop the disclaimer for a day...

Cheers!

I thought the Ed started practicing for April Fools Day when he announced the SA Challenge for the America's Cup.

It doesn't have to be plastered to the front page in big, bold letters like the rest of the articles, does it? Tuck it way down at the bottom in fine print. Still covers your ass and it's less obvious.

Really Clean, does anyone take this site Seriously enough to sue?!?

:o:P;)

I hate to admit it, but they do. Big numbers make a big target.

Mr Esposito ?

I am all for it!

I was pissed because it cost my father $6000 to sell our J/34 back in 1991

I didn't have to throw my iphone against a wall? And fork over $600 to replace it?

I need to send somebody a bill for this. I need to be made whole.

Damn.

Paul

Pretty good Front Page, BUT Scuttlebutt wins first place in the April Fools accounts with their America's Cup Story and their Gary Jobson bit.

Hey Ed, nice try. Better luck next year. :lol:

And Ken Legler as head of NASA :lol:

Front page = Rookie shit

Im hoping someday, some of you will stop riding Ed's cock...

because of that whole virus bullshit, i didnt have internet access at school till noon... So by then i already knew what was coming on the front page. Still some funny shit though.

because of that whole virus bullshit, i didnt have internet access at school till noon... So by then i already knew what was coming on the front page. Still some funny shit though.

are viruses nocturnal at your school?

yep.... And i dont check the front page at 12am est, usually in the morning when i get to school... only to have the internet shut down (frustrating when i had work emailed to myself and research to do....)

These guys did a better job:

NPR Whale Farms

not to hijack, but how did you come up with your name, "bitter gnat?" Why are the boats named, "gnat?" Just 'cause it sounds good? I love it, by the way!

Hey Ed- My lawyer wants to know a mailing address so we can send a letter of demand for my shattered iphone.

You could have put the disclaimer at the beginning of the 'spoof'.

Paul

I heard the reading of the letters on my way to work this afternoon and was thinking WTF??!!!

...discussing how there was no waste in the harvesting, and the one comment from a viewer "What about the blowholes?"

Too funny.

These guys did a better job:

NPR Whale Farms

I nearly shat a brick when I saw the email,

Hustler = GOOD :D

Subscription only = BAD :angry:

When I read that SA and Clean were served by Bertarelli and his band of slimeballs, I wondered what he served them...

Based on the ruling today by the NY Supreme Court, I now know the answer...

A cheesy Crow pizza.

Nice spoof.