Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well before dawn on the first day and it looks like it should be a scream! Current forecast is for NE 15-20 inshore with higher gusts, and a healthy 20-25 with 4-6 foot seas for the offshore boats. Small craft warning, right! Breeze will start out of the Northeast and shift slowly right all day as the bigger puffs die off in the afternoon.

The Charleston debut for the M20 class should be a lot of fun to watch, as well as a huge group of Vipers joining the steady M24 and J24 divisions inshore with some smaller PHRF boats. How do you spell carnage?

I'll ne out there with Clean and the crew moving the local TV crews about for some footage, hope they brought some waterproof eqpt if they intend to have me stick thier noses offshore!

The forecast is still bleak for the beginning of saturday, but a sea breeze should win out early afternoon and provide some more racing. Sunday still looks good- thermal conditions all they way!

More later,

Hman

Videos loading now from last night, including an interview with JItillIdie, who I've picked to take sixth here in Charleston.

Just so you know, this will all be crashing together at 10 or so, after I've gone and done about a thousand errands. Don't forget to keep this window open as well as the OTW Anarchy Viewer at http://www.sailinganarchy.com/tv/sa_tv.php

... one thing I'm liking about Charleston Race Week in comparison to some "other" international regattas is that profits from the event support educational programs aboard the Spirit of South Carolina all while profits from the "other" regattas support event organizers.

Good job Charleston Race Week...

I love this regatta. Sucks we had to sit this one out.

Good luck to the crew on ARDOR/C.R.E.A.M (Dave, Pat, Alana, Russ, and Nick) Kick some ass guys!!!

We are just running down to the boat, folks. Thanks for watching, clear your browser's cache and then make sure to open http://www.sailinganarchy.com/tv/sa_tv.php for the meat of the report. Since we are able to do so much more with the video this time, the thread will be a little less busy, but I'll still be working both things from the water. Stay tuned, and thanks again.

Clean!

Where are you guys? Wasting all of you energy on the TV stuff? 1st Races have got to have started by now ... what's going on ?

Figure 1/2 of the SA worl is there but some of us couldn't make so don't leave us hanging ...

We are ON STATION just in time to watch a general recall, which is transferring to the server right now. As probably expected, we are having some tech issues at the moment which make our delay to webcast a bit longer, and make our image quality a bit lower. We apologize - as we learn!

They are resetting as the current is really ripping and the boat end is hugely favored. It is the kind of day we all dream of. Sparkling sunshine, 8 knots of breeze with a forecast to build quickly, and barely a cloud in the 70 degree air. Good day for boat racing.

Is anyone having trouble watching the existing videos on the SA-TV player?

The first start video plays for about 10 seconds and pops back to your promo video. Miss ya man.

Yep...spoke too soon. I've got the same issue.

We are ON STATION just in time to watch a general recall, which is transferring to the server right now. As probably expected, we are having some tech issues at the moment which make our delay to webcast a bit longer, and make our image quality a bit lower. We apologize - as we learn!

They are resetting as the current is really ripping and the boat end is hugely favored. It is the kind of day we all dream of. Sparkling sunshine, 8 knots of breeze with a forecast to build quickly, and barely a cloud in the 70 degree air. Good day for boat racing.

maybe you could consider going out on practice day one of these regattas to get the tech dialed in ?

you need to iron the kinks out as much as the racers.

Thanks tronner. We are having major upload speed issues, might have to go back to YouTube while we sort things out. Bear with us please.

Top Mark rounding:

First: X Carloan.Com with Travis!

Second: Rock Steady

Third: Wild Child

Brick House 539 I thikn is Peter

CUJO!!!

Dave Dabney in about 8th with the sails he built himself for the boat from Dabney Sailmakers. What a perfect day out here, now if we can just get the damned computers to work!

Top Mark rounding:

First: X Carloan.Com with Travis!

Second: Rock Steady

Third: Wild Child

Brick House 539 I thikn is Peter

CUJO!!!

Dave Dabney in about 8th with the sails he built himself for the boat from Dabney Sailmakers. What a perfect day out here, now if we can just get the damned computers to work!

Thanks tronner. We are having major upload speed issues, might have to go back to YouTube while we sort things out. Bear with us please.

No problem. Yell at Nixon and tell him Tronner wants to know if he likes the wind direction today.

Finish of the first race:

1 - 776

2- Wild Child

3 - Quantum

4 - Rock steady

5 - 785

6 - Cream

7 - 23

8 - bow 43

9 - Brick House 539

10 - 46

11 Go Get Mama

12 - Cujo

13 - Entourage

14 - Simplicity

15 - 786

We are headed for another start, and hopefully a better damned signal.

I know full circle, I know...

Big correction - KO Sailing won that one wire to wire, Kolius' crew wearing the bright yellow shenanigans.

Finally, the start is loaded - unfortunately on YouTube but we're trying!

First Top Mark:

Alright we're back to YouTube for now...videos in three minutes...

I think we might have our connection issues sorted in a few minutes, obviously we are well behind.

Top Mark of Race 2:

1) 795

2) Riot Act (with Hardesty)

3) Simplicity comes in on Port

4) OReilly

5) Quantum

6) Rock Steady

7) Vamoose

8) Wild Child

9) Bow 43

10) Brick House 623

11) Blur

12) Brick House 539

Thanks cooper

Second Top Mark:

1) 795 who I don't know who the hell it is!

2) Quantum

3) Simplicity just outside

4) Riot Act

5) Vamoose

6) Peter Lane

7) Blur

8) Kristen Lane

9) Party gir

10) Wild Child

11) KO Sailing, but totally destroyed by two J/80s and some massive fouls - video coming!

Second Gates:

1) Quantum

SImplicity

Blur

Riot Act

Wild Child

Vamoose

Brick House Kristen

Party Girl

Brick House PEter

Second Gates:

1) Quantum

SImplicity

Blur

Riot Act

Wild Child

Vamoose

Brick House Kristen

Party Girl

Brick House PEter

no 795 on the scratch sheet, 785 is Dabney, Chas Eye Doc

This alternative video stream is not great. Would prefer the YouTube Stuff. At least you can watch it.

I agree. My computer doesn't like it. The videos are good though, like your work Al.

Y'all have GOT to watch that first top mark - total mayhem with the J/80's, not sure if it is up yet but soon!

Dave O Reilly notifies protesting Simplicity.

What's wrong with the Sail.TV viewer guys? It looks really good on my computer...but we need to know how to fix it.

What's wrong with the Sail.TV viewer guys? It looks really good on my computer...but we need to know how to fix it.

Can't see anything. Gave up half hour ago

My computer has crashed 3 times so far. I don't know why. I get some error message saying firefox has to close. When it is able to play, it does look good. I preferred youtube because it was easier for me to keep track of what videos I had already watched and I was able to watch them.

The viewer seems to work fine here.

I've got the Sail.TV programmer reading the thread now, hopefully he can troubleshoot - it looks really cool for me, but if so many of you can't watch it, we can try something else of course.

Finish:

1) Quantum

Simplicity

Blur

RockNRoll (795)

KO Sailing

Brick House Kristen

Party Girl

Riot Act

Vamoose

Wild Child

Rock Steady

This is unfortunate... It's going to be a nice weekend, so today is the day while I'm at work. Content has been minimal compared to Key West.

Race 2 Finish should be up now! Bora just rolled by to see if we got the mark rounding on camera - there will be a protest, so any of y'all who want to analyze that first mark rounding of race 2 - have at it. 757 vs 700

Agreed! Minimal Content!

To help debug ...

Streams come thru on an adobe 10 player ... very intermittent and I am on a nice 20mb up n down fiber pipe.

OS Fedora10 - Browser - FF3.0.7

Maybe this works best for the Windows guys ... but then again are they truly anarchists if they are using windows & I.E.?

There are some results up...

I-flag start, Cujo over early, Simplicity owns the boat and tacks for Fort Sumter.

Yeah choppy video ... good quality but choppy & really choppy audio.

Don't think the stream is buffering at all.

Any way for example my version is current at 10,0,22,87. So hope you can help...SailTV.

Keep it up Clean!

Video is OK here, but showing re-runs............

Nothing is without teething pains, but we do have some really bright people anxious to see this thing work for as many people as possible. I'll post my favorites on Youtube when we get to land for the rest of you. Start is posted on SA TV.

After owning the boat (watch the start), Bora put Simon 4 boatlengths ahead of anyone at the top mark, then after simplicity was:

Brick House Peter

RocknRoll

Riot Act

Blur

Unsponsored (Germans)

KO Sailing

Goux Get Mama

Party Girl

Wild Child

Quantum

Brick House Kristen

We couldn't catch them to the bottom mark, so we'll stay up here for the second rounding. Gonna do an upwind finish again - not sure how much I like 5 leg races. It's not like people buy sportboats because they love spending time beating.

Weird - we all heard them say 5 legs but it looks like they may finish them up here after just 3

Two more vids on their way!

And by the way, click on the Point Loma Outfitting link above for the biggest discount on SLAM, Patagonia, and a bunch of other brands that Tom has ever offered to SAers, he's a great supporter of what we do, and he loves bitching at me to get him some more customers so he can afford to keep Mer and I in the manner to which we've become accustomed - which is wearing comfy shit. The shirts we got look awesome, you'll see modeling vid of Mer later.

No word yet on the doings of Ira Perry's J-29 out of Dartmouth, Mass., although tactician Ryan Walsh was overheard at almost 1 a.m. Friday morning at Wild Wings downtown offering to take any female below 250 pounds back to Affinity at the Charleston City Marina. Reliable sources confirm he came up empty. Considering the horrendous version of Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young" that Walsh and Chris Heffren performed with a couple townie girls earlier in the evening, survival may be the best Team Seefest, with very pregnant Leslie Perry aboard, can hope for. With Steve Gleason aboard providing ballast and comic relief, the only way Seefest is getting any hardware this week is if it hits a repaired Blueprint tomorrow.

Brian Gleason

2010 Charlotte Harbor Regatta

www.charlotteharborregatta.com

gleason@sun-herald.com

go Heff, if you can't win the regatta, win the party!!!

although tactician Ryan Walsh was overheard at almost 1 a.m. Friday morning at Wild Wings downtown offering to take any female below 250 pounds back to Affinity at the Charleston City Marina.

Jeez - don't set the bar too low, you may trip over it.............

Finishes Race 3:

Simplicity

Rock N Roll

Riot Act

KO Sailing

Brick House 3

Party Girl

Wild Child

Rock Steady

Brick House 4

Blur

Quantum

bow 43

Unsponsored

Xcarloan

Goux Get Mama

Just add water

Vamoose

Big Sky

Funtech

Obsession

Cream

Eager Beaver

Entourage

Screaming Mimi

Cujo

Blowing 15-17 now with bigger puffs on the north shore. Three more vids including race finish and some planing downwind action. Warning, Race 4!

Holy crap. After a 2 and a 1 last two races, Simplicity snaps their jib halyard at the start of Race 4, manages to keep the rig though, and the spinnaker halyard is holding everything together. We just did two short videos of it, loading now with the start! Bummer for Bora and friends!

Dr. Feelgood was the J/24 with the rig snapped at spreaders

Vid of the J/24 with the snapped mast is loading, as well as a good start and simplicity's woes.

Bottom mark of Race 4:

Quantum

KO Sailing

CharlestonEyeDoctor (Dabney)

RnR

Brick House Kristen

Brick House Peter

Vamoose

Unsponsored

Riot Act

Wild Child.

Vid of the J/24 with the snapped mast is loading, as well as a good start and simplicity's woes.

all of this is excellent coverage, thanks.

however, your thread says "and hot chicks". any vids? i guess i can wait until the racing is over.

This blows, what about the other classes?

After Key West, a lot of anarchists whose opinion we value said that it was too hard to follow the real stories of the event because we romped around so much, so we decided to focus on one circle. The Melges class asked us to stick to them, so we're doing it, and hopefully those who watch the whole event will enjoy it a bit more than otherwise. If not, we do something different, all a work in progress.

Will have plenty of stuff from other classes tonight though, they have been encouraged to share their stories, vids and pics from today - as if they needed it.

Oh, and I think Mer's "girls of CRW" will be the hottest installment yet. I just wish it was bikini weather like last week. Damn.

two more videos posted - start and broken stay