Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hwyl

Box rule regatta at Mystic

I volunteered to run a Footy class regatta at the Mystic Wooden Boat show on June 27. The rules as well as free plans for the Footy class are here http://footy.rcsailing.net/.

As I say in the title of the thread, it's a box rule, and there are some interesting innovations, you are restricted to two channels, so canting keels could be difficult. Let's see what the SA designers can do.

I'm modifying the rules in that registration with the class association is recommended but not required, and the sail numbers rule will be relaxed.

The boats have to be "essentially" wood. I know that has come up for interpretation before and in the spirit of sailing Anarchy, I'm becoming a tyrannical dictator over this. Basically it's wood I say it is, the parameter I'll be looking for is "does the boat depend on wood for it's structural integrity"

So balsa boats would be in, but boats with a balsa mat core would be out.

The race series starts at 1:30, to work around high slack water.

Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks for volunteering. We wouldn't have sailboat races if we didn't have anyone to run them. I will most likely see you there.

Thanks for volunteering.

Sorry, I know it sounds pretentious. I just did not want anarchists jumping on my case about wood content and etcetera.

Thanks for volunteering.

Sailzfast,

Your avatars tits are going to be so thoroughly trashed by the times she's 30.

That heavy abuse is going to stretch the shit out of 'em. :(

I volunteered to run a Footy class regatta at the Mystic Wooden Boat show on June 27. The rules as well as free plans for the Footy class are here http://footy.rcsailing.net/.

As I say in the title of the thread, it's a box rule, and there are some interesting innovations, you are restricted to two channels, so canting keels could be difficult. Let's see what the SA designers can do.

I'm modifying the rules in that registration with the class association is recommended but not required, and the sail numbers rule will be relaxed.

The boats have to be "essentially" wood. I know that has come up for interpretation before and in the spirit of sailing Anarchy, I'm becoming a tyrannical dictator over this. Basically it's wood I say it is, the parameter I'll be looking for is "does the boat depend on wood for it's structural integrity"

So balsa boats would be in, but boats with a balsa mat core would be out.

The race series starts at 1:30, to work around high slack water.

Hope to see some of you there.

At - Footy as in Foot-long. I was thinking Footy as in Football :blink:

Good for you for modifying the rules to allow more entrants. Boats in water. That's what it's all about.

Is there a Concours d'Elegance as well as an on-the-water race? these are little beauties!

Yes, but that model is from Italy and I doubt they'll be entering, but yes, many prizes:A concours and a Spirit of Wooden Boat)