Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beer Hound

Another J-Boat Sinks

Latitude 38 reports today that a J-44 sank approximately 500 mile north of New Zealand on the way to Fiji. From thier picture it looks more like a J/46 to me.

From Latitude 38

"If you've ever shunned the idea of buddy-boating, this sad news may cause you to reassess your attitude. Steve and Wendy Bott and their son Allen were safely transferred to the San Diego-based Scarlett O'Hara shortly before sunset Saturday after their Ventura-based J/44 Elusive began sinking beneath them, roughly 500 miles north of Auckland. These boats and roughly 10 others had been buddy-boating between New Zealand and Fiji.

Renee Prentice of Scarlett O'Hara reports via HF radio email: "From what we can put together, their rudder jammed, causing the autopilot not to work and they immediately started taking on water, but it was not coming in around the rudder shaft or packing gland." Scarlett arrived on the scene approximately 30 minute after the leak began, and skipper John Prentice came aboard to help Steve search for the leak, while the rest of the Bott family evacuated to Scarlett. "They suspected the leak was in the middle of the boat, as aft was much drier." After a half hour of fruitless searching, the rapidly rising water forced the two men to abandon the vessel, which has been characterized by a fellow cruiser as 'impeccably maintained'."

The incident occurred during a regular session of the Pacific Seafarer's net, whose net controllers jumped into action coordinating communications with nearby vessels and emergency agencies. Elusive's EPIRB was activated, which brought U.S. SAR resources into play also.

At this writing, the Bott family is headed north to Fiji aboard Scarlett O'Hara digesting the impact of the sudden tragedy. Although Elusive was insured, the family lost virtually everything they owned, as the 44-ft sloop was their home."

We thinks that J-Boats gots some splaining to do, reminds me of the damage to Hassel Free's keel last year. Leak from the middle of the boat sounds like ANOTHER keel issue to me.

So you suggest recovering her from a few miles of water in some Jennifer Projectesque operation to prove it?

Why not wait until they're back and can detail the events properly? There was no report of anything keel-related and they specifically mention it wasn't associated with the rudder.

Fuck I hate random speculation just for shits & giggles.

Not as if the keel fell off...

...for once.

Sheeps.

And yes, i'm in a shitty mood tonight.

A j/44 was lost a few years back due to a failed rudder though this sounds different.

Renee Prentice of Scarlett O'Hara reports via HF radio email: "From what we can put together, their rudder jammed, causing the autopilot not to work and they immediately started taking on water, but it was not coming in around the rudder shaft or packing gland."

Sounds like something happened, hitting something or extra-ordinary, than another keel falling off.

I don't think it would float back and jam the rudder before sinking to the bottom...................

So you suggest recovering her from a few miles of water in some Jennifer Projectesque operation to prove it?

Why not wait until they're back and can detail the events properly? There was no report of anything keel-related and they specifically mention it wasn't associated with the rudder.

Fuck I hate random speculation just for shits & giggles.

Not as if the keel fell off...

...for once.

Sheeps.

And yes, i'm in a shitty mood tonight.

AMEN. Thank you for posting my EXACT thoughts before I did or said something stoopid. I am SO SICK AND TIRED of of the ASSHATS who feel they need to bash J Boats just for the sake of bashing J Boats..............

I want FACTS and not conjecture

and yes, I too am in a shitty mood......... <_<

Gotta say, given how fucking many there are out there, Js don't have that many accidents. And can someone remind me what the most successful two-handed class in the last Fastnet was?

Y'all think those aluminum keel bolts are not lasting long enough?

From the picture on Latitude 38 it was a 46 not a 44. If their overpriced piece of shit products would stop sinking we would stop talking about it! There is no conjecture that it sunk, at this point I would feel safer in either a Hunter or Catalina.

From the picture on Latitude 38 it was a 46 not a 44. If their overpriced piece of shit products would stop sinking we would stop talking about it! There is no conjecture that it sunk, at this point I would feel safer in either a Hunter or Catalina.

post-2365-1242695367_thumb.jpg

It looks like a 44 to me - the 46 has a slightly different stern - primary enhaust on the Starboard side.

They seem to be going down faster than a Schock.

i heard that 9/11 was a government conspiracy.....discuss....

who let you out of PA...?

sorry, i thought this was the thread where you make wild ass guesses based on pure speculation...

sorry, i thought this was the thread where you make wild ass guesses based on pure speculation...

Sunk is sunk, what more speculation do you need. Asshat.

It looks like a 44 to me - the 46 has a slightly different stern - primary enhaust on the Starboard side.

Jesus! There is enough stuff on the back (and sides, top, front) of that thing to sink it just from the extra weight.

I think it was the Spanish Inquisition, because nobody ever expects that.

that's just crazy talk....this was a clear case of through hull alien abduction if ever there was one. Fairly soon as the evidence emerges J-Boats will have to answer the big questions as to why they started the global economic crisis with those alloy keels boats the aliens so love.

It's a bloody good thing everyone is OK

No report of hitting anything, rudder jammed but not taking on water at the rudder - maybe the prop shaft pulled out of the coupling, slid back, out of the shaft log, wedged between the strut and the rudder.

Sounds like the front fell off.

how much of an irc adjustment could they get for that? if they bring it from the bottom...

whats it rate?

I'm going with termites :huh:

Elusive is (was) a J-44 that had been fairly heavily modified with a much modified interito and the addition of a sugar scoop/swim platform. The boat had a new lower rudder bearing fabricated and installed here in New Zealand a few months ago - as I recall, the seal mechanism for the lower bearing was a stuffing-box-gland arrangement, which matches the news from the boat, but I could be mistaken.

Jammed rudder and a fairly fast leak, but no sign of leaking at the rudder sounds to me like they hit something that jammed the rudder and damaged the hull.

Steve was an airline pilot for many years, he'll have some pretty well thought through ideas about what happened - they should be in Fiji in another 2-4 days.

That's a fucking J boat?!? it looks like a Crab trawler from fucking Dutch Harbor

That's a fucking J boat?!? it looks like a Crab trawler from fucking Dutch Harbor

What he said!!

Could they've put more JUNK on board - jeezuz! The wind drag on that shit would be horrendous. In a Force10 how would you de-power the yacht? You couldn't.

No wonder it sunk..I am surprised it floated......

too much shit on board!

That is NOT a stock 44.

It's a 46 or a modified 44 to be a 46, I know of at least one of those.

The 44 does not have the transom platform to stand on.

What he said!!

Could they've put more JUNK on board - jeezuz! The wind drag on that shit would be horrendous. In a Force10 how would you de-power the yacht? You couldn't.

They would be fine in a force 10 they have a roll bar

Sounds like the front fell off.

must have hit a wave. what are the odds of that?

pretty rare i'd say

What he said!!

They would be fine in a force 10 they have a roll bar

Beautiful. <_<

:lol:

Sunk is sunk, what more speculation do you need. Asshat.

You sound like the kind of complete tool that blames his car for running itself out of gas...

No wonder it sunk..I am surprised it floated......

too much shit on board!

Ever spend time on a cruising boat thats crossing major oceans with a family on board? Yes they are packed! Thats kinda how it goes when you take the family on an extended cruise.

As long as we are into rampant and unchecked speculation: the boat was for sale in a difficult market. Though impeccably maintained, it unexpectedly sank in 2 mile deep water, but fortunately in company of another boat and in good weather, making rescue of the crew easy and reliable. "Alternative" sale?

Yeah, I know, asshat and all that. I got no reason at all to believe it. But this is SA after all....

As long as we are into rampant and unchecked speculation: the boat was for sale in a difficult market. Though impeccably maintained, it unexpectedly sank in 2 mile deep water, but fortunately in company of another boat and in good weather, making rescue of the crew easy and reliable. "Alternative" sale?

Yeah, I know, asshat and all that. I got no reason at all to believe it. But this is SA after all....

Don't blame yourself...more than a few of us were thinking the very same thing.

A the annual Perry Rendezvous we present an award to the boat with the most crap on the back.

I think this boat might have won last year.

Sorry to hear about the loss of their home.

I couldn’t agree more, sounds like jewish lightening to me...

Bad idea to hire Sanford & Son to design their deck layout.

J44 = likey very much.

That arch is a bit much though.

Its a spoiler - wicked fast.

dude thats just so WRONG :(

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE! As someone who had his boat flooded and spent a year getting it back together, I can really feel for these folks. (Despite the fact that I wouldn't go cruising on anything built by "J".) They clearly didn't understand that they had way too much stuff atop their boat. But, there is just NO WAY they could have even considered taking the hit of a loss of everything aboard, particularly at that place in the ocean. If they wanted to sink the boat there are far safer places and ways.

I can't even bring my self to comment on the religious racial slur - good grief, I know it's SA, but I think there are limits, even here.

A new hier to the kingdom of douch bag...

From running a J-44 for 8 yrs - there are only a few possibilities for water leaking (unless they added something back there) Most probable from the jammed rudder/no leak at post clue would be impact to prop strut, which is held in by 8 bronze bolts (5/16 or 3/8"). Next might be failure of the added on stern section along joining line. Also, perhaps leaking thru shaft gland, altho the boat I ran had a old style packing gland, which should have been able to resist a lot of shaft movement without catastrophic damage. Given the amount of stuff stored on deck, much of which would be jammed in below for a passage, I'm not surprised they were not able to find the source. Access to the area between the port/stbd aft cabins was all from port side, which could also have been a storage locker. Access to rudder post was from deck hatches, but that only let you see about 3' forward from old transom position.

Note to self: If my boat ever sinks, make sure that no one on SA knows.

A well maintained and, no doubt cherished, yacht has sunk in the South Pacific. Thanks to a high level of seamanship and good communication no lives were lost. I'm glad they're safe and hope they are made whole so they can continue to navigate many thousands of miles of ocean.

I don't know the owners and have never owned a J Boat, but I know the J44. For those with obviously poor English comprehension skills this one had a modified transom. In almost all other respects the 44 and 46 are the same boat. It's a great class that is both raced and seriously cruised.

I know John Prentice and some of you will know Scarlett O'Hara from it's days representing the US in the Admiral's Cup. If I was foundering half way between Auckland and Suva there's no one I'd rather see come to my rescue than him. If he couldn't find the source of the leak and save the boat then the damage was unusual then the primary suspects- through hulls, stuffing box and keel bolts- have an alibi. The rest is speculation.

To those that take pride in insulting another man's boat, too bad your high standards of aesthetics don't match your class. Talk about kicking a man when he's down. The boat was equipped for a purpose. Perhaps the solar array and radar wouldn't survive a hurricane. So what? I bet they have a weather forecast and a wrench or else feel it is expendable.

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10, so much so that he has become a cliche himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn.

The rest of you anonymous mouse jockies who have piled on, are you just jealous of those who are actually out there experiencing a life of adventure and risk?

A well maintained and, no doubt cherished, yacht has sunk in the South Pacific. Thanks to a high level of seamanship and good communication no lives were lost. I'm glad they're safe and hope they are made whole so they can continue to navigate many thousands of miles of ocean.

I don't know the owners and have never owned a J Boat, but I know the J44. For those with obviously poor English comprehension skills this one had a modified transom. In almost all other respects the 44 and 46 are the same boat. It's a great class that is both raced and seriously cruised.

I know John Prentice and some of you will know Scarlett O'Hara from it's days representing the US in the Admiral's Cup. If I was foundering half way between Auckland and Suva there's no one I'd rather see come to my rescue than him. If he couldn't find the source of the leak and save the boat then the damage was unusual then the primary suspects- through hulls, stuffing box and keel bolts- have an alibi. The rest is speculation.

To those that take pride in insulting another man's boat, too bad your high standards of aesthetics don't match your class. Talk about kicking a man when he's down. The boat was equipped for a purpose. Perhaps the solar array and radar wouldn't survive a hurricane. So what? I bet they have a weather forecast and a wrench or else feel it is expendable.

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10, so much so that he has become a cliche himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn.

The rest of you anonymous mouse jockies who have piled on, are you just jealous of those who are actually out there experiencing a life of adventure and risk?

Well put!

"Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10, so much so that he has become a cliche himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn."

that's pretty funny stuff, is that how it is tuffy ?

"Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10, so much so that he has become a cliche himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn."

complaining about the wogs?

WTF is this shit?

J44 = likey very much.

Wow, never thought of that. Push the stern in for more traction. Brilliant.

complaining about the wogs?

WTF is this shit?

Wogs. You know, wogs. Evewy time it wains, the wogs fwoat down fwom the fucking wumberyard. If you'we not cawefuw, they'w poke a howe in your huww.

I can't even bring my self to comment on the religious racial slur - good grief, I know it's SA, but I think there are limits, even here.

You should see that asshole No.Quarter over in SA. This guy is mild compared to the bile he's spewing.

J44 = likey very much.

Wow, never thought of that. Push the stern in for more traction. Brilliant.

more grip at the mark roundings..................................

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10, so much so that he has become a cliche himself.

Want to show us somewhere on this site tuffie has done that? I don't recall him doing so and believe you are upset, don't really know what tuffie posts and are making shit up to suit your rant.

I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn.

Besides showing a very ugly side of your personality the only person who seems jealous is you. I don't know tuf luf personally but know he looks ok for a man of 50 and that his work here deserves better than what you have meted out in this rant. People who rant should be fair...not lying idiots. It never goes well. People are allowed to have opinions it's SA fer facks sake.

I agree many posters here should have shown more respect for the fact a boat was lost and lives endangered but also believe you are talking out of your racist arse and therefore are no better than any "anonymous mouse jockey" that you may feel more superior than.

Fuck off and have a nice day

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10, so much so that he has become a cliche himself.

Want to show us somewhere on this site tuffie has done that? I don't recall him doing so and believe you are upset, don't really know what tuffie posts and are making shit up to suit your rant.

I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn.

Besides showing a very ugly side of your personality the only person who seems jealous is you. I don't know tuf luf personally but know he looks ok for a man of 50 and that his work here deserves better than what you have meted out in this rant. People who rant should be fair...not lying idiots. It never goes well. People are allowed to have opinions it's SA fer facks sake.

I agree many posters here should have shown more respect for the fact a boat was lost and lives endangered but also believe you are talking out of your racist arse and therefore are no better than any "anonymous mouse jockey" that you may feel more superior than.

Fuck off and have a nice day

Well fucking said.

Fuck off noob.

Seriously.

That's hilarious- this site talks about so much stuff that is borderline illegal, often offensive and rarely in good taste and it never gets commented on. As soon as someone puts the word 'Jewish' into a sentence it suddenly becomes religiously racist!

Where are you tree-hugging leftist (and no doubt circumcised) hippies later in the thread when the shitcock starts going on about wogs?

I find it more offensive that he spelt lightning wrong.

Pedantic check - So, what do you think of your own English.rolleyes.gif

he spelled lightning incorrectly - not - he (did something with a cereal) lightning as w-r-o-n-g.tongue.gif

Pedantic check - So, what do you think of your own English. You need a question mark in hererolleyes.gif

he spelled lightning incorrectly - not - he (did something with a cereal) lightning as w-r-o-n-g.tongue.gif

Not sure what the last sentence is all about.

My sarcasm is dry- that evidently didn't show through without exclamation marks and smileys.

Hey Tuf - where is your Force 10 thread? I had no idea!

I'd definitely be up for the read. Sounds like good times.

Sorry to hear about the loss of their home.

Agreed. Their home and all of their personal belongings are lost to the sea. A little respect and compassion wouldn't hurt.

I'm glad all are safe.

There will be another J-boat thread soon enough to deposit your BS.

Well this thread took a typical SA shit... Tough luck for those folks losing their home. Cruising a J-44? Some of us would love to...

Well this thread took a typical SA shit... Tough luck for those folks losing their home. Cruising a J-44? Some of us would love to...

I concur; regardless of what the hell kind of boat it is, it's still a boat.

I would still be damn happy sailing a J-Boat than no boat at all.

Gotta say, given how fucking many there are out there, Js don't have that many accidents. And can someone remind me what the most successful two-handed class in the last Fastnet was?

Exactly and in any case offshore from NZ a lot of bad stuff can happen no matter what you're sailing

J boats are the most successul inshore and offshore short handed racers under IRC. They have dominated the entry list and overall results in all 2 handed Fastnets to date (2003, 2005 and 2007)

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10The Cone, so much so that he has become a cliche himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn.

Fixed it for you...

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10The Cone, so much so that he has become a cone himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his cone, other cones and demanding another cone and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are cone sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a cone off Cape Horn.

The rest of you anonymous cone jockies who have piled on, are you just jealous of those who are actually out there experiencing a cone of adventure and risky cone?

Fixed it for you...

while we are at it and speaking of tuf luf cones

Tuff-Luff is always fond of raising the specter of Force 10The Cone, so much so that he has become a cliche himself. I imagine him sweating there one degree above the windless equator. His leg up on a table at the Raffles Hotel complaining about his gout, the wogs and demanding another gin and tonic. The only thing he navigates now are porn sites on the web and he bores unfortunate strangers with the same old story of battling a force 10 off Cape Horn.

Fixed it for you...

Oh THAT thread! Yeah I've seen plenty from his well-worn cone gallery....which is why the whole sailing in f10 thing really threw me. That's actually SAILING!

CONE-O-ZONE!! CONICAL ZONICAL CORNISH CONES!!!

Borrowed from the Cone master himself, hope you don't mind Tuffie

Borrowed from the Cone master himself, hope you don't mind Tuffie

you really should consider shortening your signature

it makes your post kinda long :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Warning this thread has been Coned!!

Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone :) TITS :) Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone Cone

If you cut out the J/24 with the aft stowage that opens into the main cabin, Js have a very enviable still-floating factor.

Remember -- they've built a shitload of these things.

The ratio of boats-built to boats-sunk is the envy of the industry.

If you cut out the J/24 with the aft stowage that opens into the main cabin, Js have a very enviable still-floating factor.

Dude, judging by these stories, these boats seem to be sinking all over the freakin' place. What's to envy?

Tig,

That is not a stock J44, they have no step.

And they usually develop wet cores and become boatyard cabins before they sink.