Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ic198

Sam Davies to skipper AOR II for TJV

Good news for all concerned I guess- Sam gets to join a well-funded campaign, Artemis gets a skipper who can sail...

I think it was more a problem of the boat than a problem of skipper. I hope they plan on removing a few tons if they want to be competitive for the TJV...

Hmm wil she beat AOR 1 ? Sailing with Gavinet, damn that is going to be fast.

I'd half expected to see a Dee-Sam pairing for the TJV, though Aviva doesn't have any sponsorship right now.

Good news for Sam, and Artemis Ocean Racing II has been on a diet.

It's also interesting that Nick Bubb and Ollie Bond are being sponsored. Wasn't Ollie being helped indirectly by Aviva? (i.e. They hired him, and he spent his cash on his Mini. :))

Co-skipper, Richie Benaud.

With the Truth running the shore crew...

Seriously good news for Sam, they had to wake up sooner or later.

Isn't the boat a real dog?

It will be tough for her make a good result and keep the good karma around her...and not even the "old boat" point.

Let's hope she does well.

By the way, the artemis site says Jhonny malbon is going to sail the figaro... we will see what a sailor he is, no better test. No excuses there, only the good ones have good results. I am afraid he will be between the slowest , but this is the chance for him to shut all us pretending he's a terrible sailor racer.

[by the way, the artemis site says Jhonny malbon is going to sail the figaro... we will see what a sailor he is, no better test. No excuses there, only the good ones have good results. I am afraid he will be between the slowest , but this is the chance for him to shut all us pretending he's a terrible sailor racer.

He will get major league found out, be very surprised if he is top half. Bloke has absolutely no racing pedigree at all, and ina one design fleet against some seriously good froggies, he will get caned.

He will get major league found out, be very surprised if he is top half. Bloke has absolutely no racing pedigree at all, and ina one design fleet against some seriously good froggies, he will get caned.

He's not alone in that amongst the Vendee or wider IMOCA 60 group

Remember he discovered figaros a couple of months ago when some have been sailing figaros for decades. Quite ballsy...

Got to love this quote from the article;

"In offshore sailing there is a clear evolutionary cycle starting from the Mini Transat class, tiny 21-foot ocean going boats sailed solo, into the intensity of Figaro racing, and passing through the stepping stone of the Class 40 on to the IMOCA 60 Class of yachts used in the Vendée Globe" commented Charles Darbyshire, Project Manager for Offshore Challenges

Shame nobody told the sponser about the real world! :o

I'd half expected to see a Dee-Sam pairing for the TJV, though Aviva doesn't have any sponsorship right now.

Good news for Sam, and Artemis Ocean Racing II has been on a diet.

It's also interesting that Nick Bubb and Ollie Bond are being sponsored. Wasn't Ollie being helped indirectly by Aviva? (i.e. They hired him, and he spent his cash on his Mini. :))

these are the sailors they should've had in the first place. I see Jonny boy is going to school in the Figaro this year. talk about learning to crawl after you tried to run.

it should be less of a dog with 3 tons less...

no serious project can be shaved 3 tons and work well. It might turn into a light (and dangerous) dog.

She will have a worse result in TJV than in vendee with roxy, I'm afraid.

Go Sam!

http://www.artemisoceanracing.com/

"In offshore sailing there is a clear evolutionary cycle starting from the Mini Transat class, tiny 21-foot ocean going boats sailed solo, into the intensity of Figaro racing, and passing through the stepping stone of the Class 40 on to the IMOCA 60 Class of yachts used in the Vendée Globe" commented Charles Darbyshire, Project Manager for Offshore Challenges

seems johnny is making it backward, first open 60, now down to figaro... probably next season they 'll give im a mini and then back as sail instructor in the channel eh eh

No actually he's making two steps backwards at one time (jumped class 40) so probably he won't even get the mini ah ah

just kidding malbon

Good luck removing 3 tons out of that.

The design evolution of AOR 2 reminds me a bit of Gitana 10. Hope I'm wrong. Seems like the team is getting organized well.

I dunno, depends on how big the drill bit is

I dunno, depends on how big the drill bit is

Could be the best thing for the boat, take 3 tons out and throw the rest in a skip

http://www.artemisoceanracing.com/

seems johnny is making it backward, first open 60, now down to figaro... probably next season they 'll give im a mini and then back as sail instructor in the channel eh eh

No actually he's making two steps backwards at one time (jumped class 40) so probably he won't even get the mini ah ah

just kidding malbon

didn't think a class like the figaro is a step back for anyone.... malbon aside....

Co-skipper, Richie Benaud.

i think my missus would get a bit fucked off if i went offshore with the infamous bikini clad petite anglais...!

fucking great news, and just what artemis need..

hear malbon has jumped into a figaro and is taking sailing lessons from french kids...???