Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heaven can wait

The Ed and Atlantis Weathergear.

Those that know my story understand that I've had a pretty crap time beating Cancer and all the complications that the disease has thrown at me since I was diagnosed.

Now over the past 4 years I've started - and promptly Froze - but finished each HCW 24-hour that we've held, however each time I've faired just that little bit worse than the previous year before due to my bodies wonky Thermometer.

As we count down to the 2009 edition of the great race, I really didn't know how I was going to drag my body through another night Freezing again.

Enter the Ed and Atlantis Weathergear.

Over the past few years I've searched hi and low for a set of pants that would try and keep me warm, I finally had no option but to go with a plastic pair that were pretty much useless as sure they kept the rain out but I ended up soaked anyway from sweat until they finally tore in the early hours of the morning.

Putting my own self consciousness aside, I pretty much came to the conclusion that no one makes any type of Wet Weather gear that would fit my mangled disproportioned frame, I resigned myself to fact that I'd have to get something Custom made which was an option I unfortunately just couldn't afford.

I can't remember exactly how the conversation started with the Ed, but pretty soon we were discussing sizes and a maybe we can get something sorted was the final word.

Atlantis Weathergear warmed to the challenge and Yesterday Morning a brand new pair of Hi top Pants found it's way to my front door.

And you wouldn't believe it but the buggers fit perfectly. Unbelievable.

Thank you Ed most sincerely for all of your help, I'm certainly humbled by your faith in what I'm trying to do and what I have done till now, but mostly a massive thank you to Mr Lynn at Atlantis Weathergear for taking up the challenge in getting something to fit me.

I warned The Ed that I'd sing his praises publicly, and on SA's main sailing page is where this fits.

Thank you Gentlemen for giving me the opportunity to participate with confidence again for the Race and the Sport I love and I'm sure this year I'll at last be toasty, which I know shall be a huge relief to my crew who were pretty concerned about me after last year.

Again Thank you and this place ROCKs, especially for this Aussie on the other side of the World.

Good on ya, and I'll def look at Atlantis next time for gear.

the thanks really goes to bill lynn from atlantis. shaun has been such a resolute anarchist that doing what we could to help him out was a no brainer. bill went out of his way to make this happen (the sizes are like 4xl and had to be custom made). sa is picking up the cost of these, but that is besides the point - which is these are the sort of good things that this community can do, and we're quite happy for shaun to help make it happen. stay dry brother!

the thanks really goes to bill lynn from atlantis. shaun has been such a resolute anarchist that doing what we could to help him out was a no brainer. bill went out of his way to make this happen (the sizes are like 4xl and had to be custom made). sa is picking up the cost of these, but that is besides the point - which is these are the sort of good things that this community can do, and we're quite happy for shaun to help make it happen. stay dry brother!

Good onya brother.

Anything that gets this guy on the water is worth it!

Also, Ed's stock just went up (not that he cares).

GO SA!!

Sail Safe!

great work all involved!

the number of anarchists deserving of such red carpet treatment are rightly very few and far between.

keep warm and dry.

(save the cold and wet for the cricket team over here!)

Thank you Gentlemen for giving me the opportunity to participate with confidence again for the Race and the Sport I love.

Being cold and miserable can get in the way of that love, eh?

I hope you stay warm and dry and that you enjoy every minute of it.

Those that know my story understand that I've had a pretty crap time beating Cancer and all the complications that the disease has thrown at me since I was diagnosed.

Now over the past 4 years I've started - and promptly Froze - but finished each HCW 24-hour that we've held, however each time I've faired just that little bit worse than the previous year before due to my bodies wonky Thermometer.

As we count down to the 2009 edition of the great race, I really didn't know how I was going to drag my body through another night Freezing again.

Enter the Ed and Atlantis Weathergear.

Over the past few years I've searched hi and low for a set of pants that would try and keep me warm, I finally had no option but to go with a plastic pair that were pretty much useless as sure they kept the rain out but I ended up soaked anyway from sweat until they finally tore in the early hours of the morning.

Putting my own self consciousness aside, I pretty much came to the conclusion that no one makes any type of Wet Weather gear that would fit my mangled disproportioned frame, I resigned myself to fact that I'd have to get something Custom made which was an option I unfortunately just couldn't afford.

I can't remember exactly how the conversation started with the Ed, but pretty soon we were discussing sizes and a maybe we can get something sorted was the final word.

Atlantis Weathergear warmed to the challenge and Yesterday Morning a brand new pair of Hi top Pants found it's way to my front door.

And you wouldn't believe it but the buggers fit perfectly. Unbelievable.

Thank you Ed most sincerely for all of your help, I'm certainly humbled by your faith in what I'm trying to do and what I have done till now, but mostly a massive thank you to Mr Lynn at Atlantis Weathergear for taking up the challenge in getting something to fit me.

I warned The Ed that I'd sing his praises publicly, and on SA's main sailing page is where this fits.

Thank you Gentlemen for giving me the opportunity to participate with confidence again for the Race and the Sport I love and I'm sure this year I'll at last be toasty, which I know shall be a huge relief to my crew who were pretty concerned about me after last year.

Again Thank you and this place ROCKs, especially for this Aussie on the other side of the World.

Now THAT*** is what being a member of this community is all about. We are indeed a family and in this case a great man (HCW) who battles for his life daily found support from Atlantis Weather Gear who are flat out the most generous guys in the industry. Great stuff indeed...

Bill and the rest of the TEAM at Atlantis: Thank you for helping out when and where you could! I called/ wrote a number of suppliers to try and find someone that would/ could get this custom job done. No one else was willing to step up but you. MANY THANKS.

THAT deserves a link: http://www.atlantisweathergear.com/

HCW, have a great event and thanks for letting us know.

Thank you Gentlemen for giving me the opportunity to participate with confidence again for the Race and the Sport I love.

Being cold and miserable can get in the way of that love, eh?

I hope you stay warm and dry and that you enjoy every minute of it.

For me it can be quite dangerous.

My major problem is that my bodies fluid is like Oil, it takes forever to warm up and when I get hot, I struggle to cool down.

My legs and Torso seize up when either of the two extremities are reached.

Thank you for sentiments. ;)

Now THAT*** is what being a member of this community is all about. We are indeed a family and in this case a great man (HCW) who battles for his life daily found support from Atlantis Weather Gear who are flat out the most generous guys in the industry. Great stuff indeed...

Bill and the rest of the TEAM at Atlantis: Thank you for helping out when and where you could! I called/ wrote a number of suppliers to try and find someone that would/ could get this custom job done. No one else was willing to step up but you. MANY THANKS.

THAT deserves a link: http://www.atlantisweathergear.com/

Thank you so much DA for helping me out, it's so very kind of you, the Ed, Bill Lynn and the greater SA family to help me on this, and really hope that Atlantis gets some mileage out of this as they really went beyond any of my expectations and richly deserve it.

Kudos to all involved, again thank you.

bill went out of his way to make this happen (the sizes are like 4xl and had to be custom made).

I know I'll get really beat up for saying this on SA but there just isn't many choices out there for us big boys.......

It's nice when good stuff happens for the right reasons.....

HCW - go fast, u wonderful fugger!

ED- I'll ignore the next two political messages you offer

ALL - If this doesn't articulate the opportunity that THIS place has for good - then, I would suggest that y'all go sit on your rocking chairs and wait for God.

Good job.

Best of luck HCW and great work by Ed and others.

I'll certainly look up the web site after that effort.

good job is not enough.................EXCELLENT Job is more like it.

I bought one of the really light Atlantis Tops a couple of years ago at the Disabled Sailing Worlds in Rochester. Wore it everywhere, one of my fave tops.

Really bummed that I lost it (or had it stolen). It was perfect. I'm slowly saving up for another.

Score one for the good guys -all around- Shaun, Billy & Rick at Atlantis, Mark and Ed.

Keep sailing Shaun!

Good on ya, and I'll def look at Atlantis next time for gear.

+1

Good on 'em!

Cheers,

MikeR

This is awesome news! You always have us all worried during the races. It is always great to see you on the course!

Now we just have to sort out that boat and get it ready ;)

I am still working things out now that Animus is gone but we have a few options.

Heaven can wait ,The Ed and Atlantis Weathergear., Legends the pair all of them.

major kudos gents :D

Hi-jack :P

(save the cold and wet for the cricket team over here!)

rate things are going currently your welcome to keep 'em ;)

I was on the lake taking photos of the good ship HCW the morning of last year's 24 hour race as Shaun was rounding the Speers Point mark just before the thunderstorm came through. It looked to my eye that he was shivering at the helm. The fact that he could keep focus and maintain course (sailing close by with a couple of bigger boats) was amazing. When I met him at the dock after the race, I could see just how devastating the cold night had been on his body.

Fantastic job Ed, and clearly also Bill at Atlantis. Some good deeds are just so damn appropriate, and this is one of them. Cheers! :D

Absobloodylutely tops. Shaun pours his heart and soul into this event (it sooo much more than just a race) and its great to see others giving him a hand up that he so rightly deserves.

Kudos to all involved.

Cheers

Thank kroyst for this. No need for me to deliver any more of those offshore cuddles eh Shaun!

Paying it forward gentlemen. Great Job!

I love this shit! Sorry WD, had to steal your sig for this one.