Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSoup

J24 Nationals - San Francisco 9-24 thru 9-27

We're thinking of going down from Portland for the painbox nationals to give the rockstars somebody to beat up on and to bolster the anemic participant list. Since this is a last minute trip, we're trying to do it on the cheap. Part of that might be to get creative with lodging options.

Anybody have a bigger boat, or other creative option, we could crash on for a couple of nights? The regatta is 9-24 through 9-27 and run out of San Francisco YC in Belvedere. We might have access to a RIB if that makes some options more feasible than would otherwise appear. We're 4 ~40 year old married guys, but without SOs or children this trip. We can act age appropriate or like 20 year olds, whichever the situation dictates.

sleeping bags+boat=easy accomodations

Yeah, should have mentioned that works for 2 or 3, but not 4 of us. There's not enough booze, even at the SFYC, to get any of us to share a J/24 vb-erth with another guy.

Yeah, should have mentioned that works for 2 or 3, but not 4 of us. There's not enough booze, even at the SFYC, to get any of us to share a J/24 vb-erth with another guy.

Find a couple hot chicks for you to crew. Like you said its not like you are going to win. Might as well add some deck candy...plus you can sleep with them,

if it were me, skip the sfyc booze and go to sam's. i'm sure one of the other boats without sleep aboards won't mind an overnight guest if you ask politely... at least that seems to work in the moore fleet

https://event-manager.compete-at.com/Manage...List.do?eid=851

I am not seeing the names that SA is stating that are going to be there???

Unfortunately, after seeing the list of entries, we are not planning on making the trip from the East Coast.

Glad to SA finally stepping up and covering the most popular keelboat ever, we have asked them to mention the Midwinter's in Tampa and can't get a word.

We're thinking of going down from Portland for the painbox nationals to give the rockstars somebody to beat up on and to bolster the anemic participant list. Since this is a last minute trip, we're trying to do it on the cheap. Part of that might be to get creative with lodging options.

Anybody have a bigger boat, or other creative option, we could crash on for a couple of nights? The regatta is 9-24 through 9-27 and run out of San Francisco YC in Belvedere. We might have access to a RIB if that makes some options more feasible than would otherwise appear. We're 4 ~40 year old married guys, but without SOs or children this trip. We can act age appropriate or like 20 year olds, whichever the situation dictates.

Go to the local UHaul dealer, rent one of their towing boxes - pull that with your tow rig into the YC parking lot. Sleeping bags inside, and YC showers and WC and you are good to go. Something like $20/day split 4 ways

Boat plus the Suburban at the YC could definately be the default plan - but willing to entertain upgrade options/ideas. :) beatyour- appears more local folks for the Western Regionals that haven't signed up yet for the Nationals yet. Early registration ends tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see some more.

Boat plus the Suburban at the YC could definately be the default plan - but willing to entertain upgrade options/ideas. :) beatyour- appears more local folks for the Western Regionals that haven't signed up yet for the Nationals yet. Early registration ends tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see some more.

Wish I was there, I love San Fran. Was hoping to see at least 30 boats though.

Anyone plan on hitting Midwinter's this year. The Sun, Mon, Tues and Wed before St. Pete NOOD with a feeder race over again on Thursday. Biggest Asshole Ever promises to keep his anger in check....he's got responsibilities now, he got married yesterday.

Good luck to everyone at Nationals, I'm jealous.

If four of us can sleep two nights on a Santana 20 then surely 4 can stay on 24!

Boat is going on the trailer today, looking forward to hitting the road next week. Thanks to the folks chiming in with options/ideas, appreciated. If your 70' yacht at SFYC becomes available, we wouldn't be opposed to an upgrade... :)

Dumb asses, go on a "cougar hunt" in Tiburon. It's like Newport, RI. If you can't get laid in Newport........

Some divorced MILF getting $10K month in alimony would love a little strange love from a young stud sailor. FYI, Sam's is a good bet for huntin but go a little on the early side as they stalk and eat their pray early in these here parts.

Dumb asses, go on a "cougar hunt" in Tiburon. It's like Newport, RI. If you can't get laid in Newport........

Some divorced MILF getting $10K month in alimony would love a little strange love from a young stud sailor. FYI, Sam's is a good bet for huntin but go a little on the early side as they stalk and eat their pray early in these here parts.

Don't leave out Naptown for coug hunting. They just have slightly less money there than Tiburon.

we did a sleep on the boat j-24 NAs in the bay a # of years ago

pretty crappy deal, and got way crappier when we were holed mid-regatta...

Ouch - but nice ventilation. Any update on how the Western Regionals played out this last weekend?

iceman?

iceman?

huba huba

mark skipworth plowed us

Tundra Rose dominated (duh), WIP second, three big dogs third, the rest of us losers hangin around under that. 18 boats total (I think), 1 broken boom, one holed boat, 4 head injuries (none fatal). Moderately big air both days, though day two started out with a sweet little drifter to help the trimmers warm up. GU Sports sponsored with more goddamned product than I thought existed, so everyone was pretty damn hopped up on maltodextrin and caffeine (big ups to GU and the other sponsors, we love ya).

Whittemore was running around trying to sell his wrenches, which are one of the sweetest little bits of engineering I've seen in a long time. Damn near near German. So far I am resisting, on account of my incredible cheapness, but I might be weak for the nationals and spring for one, since I'm usually the idiot up there with the wrenches.

We'll be there for the nationals too, and you can definitely sack out on our boat if nothing else turns up. Look for Downtown Uproar, tell 'em Andrew sent you.

I'd offer better crash space except for the wife is extremely pregnant and so I think I better not!

Thanks for the update, and the offer. Looking forward to starting the trek later this week.

Whilst talking J24s (you were talking about J24s, weren't you?), has anyone else seen this:

Copa Mexico

$2,700 USD for the first ten international teams to sign up for this bi-annual event in Mexico.

If you were at the Worlds in Mexico, you know this'll be a great event.

Mex

Yeah, no idea what's up. They were printed out and handed around at the event, but somehow they've not made it online yet. I think our copy got wet on the delivery home so we chucked it, sorry.