Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Caption Contest

We're sure what the hell this dork is doing, but we figure y'all can come up with a good story. Have at it. Pic thanks to Christophe Favreau.

caption_contest_9_14.jpg

"I call it the Bunny Hop - the wind gods love it!"

WWing

How do you like me now, Morpheus?

WWing

typical bowmans leap before the deck stomp, you can see the "FOR FUCKS SAKE" forming on his lips

"Toyota!"

(Only aussies may get this one)

Boy, you guys must all be pretty sure there are no photos out there of you doing something silly looking.

I KNOW there are daft pictures of me kicking about.

I also KNOW that should they surface, there'll be rude comments, regardless of how polite i am here.

carry on

Man those prunes I had for breakfast sure have some power..

Hope I haven't melted the boat with that one...

:lol:

We're sure what the hell this dork is doing, but we figure y'all can come up with a good story. Have at it. Pic thanks to Christophe Favreau.

Swine Flew Quantum Leap On Yacht Decks

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's the Village Idiot from Sportsboat Anarchy screaming "It's not a sportsboat! Get me off!"

Ah good stuff, Misery Guts himself (with zero knowledge of those boats with the pretty flappy flag things) is able to talk about something different for a change!!

Its also amazing that his favorite subject isnt here for him to follow/stalk... it really is a morning of firsts!

Hey, this deck is soft as a trampoline!

A foiling bowman :(

Wait for it...... He'll be here soon! :rolleyes:

look at me, i am a fucking idiot

Now that would be Sportsboat Anarchy's Village Idiot....

don't get me involved in ya sports boat shit fight stalkings. i have enough of mine own.

i see the mark !

"I LOVE getting up in the morning, I clap my hands, jump in the air, and say 'This is going to be a GREAT day!'"

Too late for the port tack mac from the power assisted fleet to realize that there is no room.

Quantum said this genoa was a light air #1 but this is ridiculous!!

Air flow really does not attach it self as you can see....

With the tornado excluded from Olympic competition, Symes begins using his free time for cross training.

GO GOPHERS! Aren't alumni just the best?

Does this have something to do with those new "Quantum Physics" ads that we have seen lately?

With a boot to the nuts, the ever complaining port twing trimmer was ejected from the cockpit and banished to the foredeck where complaints are never heard ever again.

With the driver sailing too low/jib too trimmed after a tack, driver get frustrated and yells at bowman "get off the f'n bow" - bowman's response...

Flying high over the San Francisco bay, Bow Boy looked down and saw that a boat was about to hoist the spinnaker with a rap in it. Faster than l'Hydroptere he sprang into action, saving the bowman from certain humiliation at the hands of the afterguard.

Sailboat Racing Rule 231.3: Always scan the horizon for photographers before launching into "A Chorus Line" renditions during a race.

naahhh - whats up doc?

Join the Bowman Union

Showing the rest of the crew his award winning audition for a musical singing, " I FEEL PRETTY AND GITTY AND GAY !!!!!!" :rolleyes:

Screw you guys, I'll fly back home.

EXT. A SAILBOAT BOBBING IN A CALM BENEATH A SOUR, OVERCAST SKY, HALFWAY BETWEEN THE START AND THE WEATHER MARK – DAY

BOW MAN at the pointy end of the boat (the “bow”), shivering in his expensive dry suit, contemplated the tiny nip of rum left in his flask. Should he nip the nip? Or does NEPTUNE need a little encouragement to get the day moving along? BOW MAN unscrews the flask, screws NEPTUNE , downs the last drop of Cap’n Morgan.

What’s that on the horizon? The distant water ripples ‘neath the morning glow. BOW MAN hops to his feet in wonder.

BOW MAN

Winds in the east, mist coming in,

like somethin' is brewin' and bout to begin.

Can't put me finger on what lies in store,

but I fear what's to happen all happened before. . . .

The ripple races across the expanse like a ghost, turning the watery mirror into a froth of chop. “HA HA!” thinks BOW MAN. “I pay tribute to no king of the deep! I’m King Of The Air” BOW MAN leaps into his new domain.

BOW MAN (to crew)

HA HA! Yipee! Step in time! Step in time! Come on mateys, step in time!

BOW MAN (to ‘imself)

Chim chiminy, chim chiminy chim chim cheroo

I does what I likes, and I likes what I do!

NEPTUNE doesn’t likes what BOW MAN does. NEPTUNE doesn’t like impertinence and HE doesn’t like dissenting rebellious upstarts either. And while NEPTUNE prefers Mt. Gay to Cap’n Morgan, HE really does insist on being paid, regardless of how inferior the coin might be. HE’s a reasonable tax collector; HE’ll even accept Bacardi.

So NEPTUNE waits, waits for that perfect moment, waits until BOW MAN hops, then NEPTUNE smashes BOW MAN’s boat flat, sails touching the water everywhere. And HE holds it there. BOW MAN succumbs to gravity, lands on slippery, sloped fiberglass, falls into the drink. NEPTUNE lets go of the boat, which rights itself on BOW MAN’s noggin.

NEPTUNE’s feeling a bit giddy, decides to address the fleet.

NEPTUNE

All right, ladies an' gents! Comical poem! Suitable for the occasion, extemporized and thought up before your very eyes! All right, 'ere we go! Room 'ere for everyone. Gather around. The constable - responstable! Now 'ow does that sound? Hmmm, ‘ow ‘bout this? I asked for a nip, and nothing he gave, and now I’ll smash all of you flat with a wave! What you think o’ that? There once was a man from Des Moines. . . .

FADE TO BLACK

THE END

Cirque du Solei on Water! Another Stupid idea from the folks who brought us the Kevin Costner's Waterworld

HHSA

News Flash: Ernesto Bertorelli, in yet another attempt to control more of the Amreica's Cup Challenge, has opened his own, dedicated sail loft by buying all of the former Quantum sailmaking company. His new company however, has a rather unusual sail logo sticker to go over the Quantum sticker.

Memo

To: All Quantum Staff

Re: New Direction for Quantum Sails

Couttes, Hutchinson out.

Stavro the tumbler in.

That is all,

The De Vos

Damn Skip, I really gotta go

or

a promotional poster for the traveling TP52 version of Swan Lake, Men in Foulies.

"Toyota!"

(Only aussies may get this one)

We had those ads in the States too. That commercial was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Look mom I can fly! :rolleyes:

Later

"Hey Bullwinkle, it's me, Rocky the flying squirrel"

"I'm so damned happy, I could just shit myself"

Clearly he is fighting in the far-less popular "Yatching Matrix". He's the closest thing the sailing community could get to Kyano Rieves.