Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

full circle

j24 nationals

http://j24nationals2009.com/

Yacht Skipper Home Port Sail Number Boat Type LOA (Length) Rating NGB

Small Flying Patio Furniture Edward Walker Richmond, CA 533 J24 24.0 0.0

TMC Racing Michael Whitfield Berkeley Yacht Club USA 4906 J/24 24.0 0.0

Tundra Rose Keith Whittemore Seattle 3843 J-24 24.0 0.0

On Belay Don Taylor Brickyard Marina USA1036 J24 24.0 0.0

Rylah John Mason Leschi, Washington USA 4339 J/24 24.0 0.0

Little Wing Luther Strayer Brickyard Cove USA4268 J/24 24.0 0.0

WIP Mark Hillman Annapolis USA2274 J24 24.0 0.0

Downtown Uproar Darren Cumming Treasure Island Sailing Center 2394 J/24 24.0 0.0

Bangor Packet Anthony Parker Annapolis, MD 58 J24 24.0 0.0

Woof Wally Whittier Point Richmond 3316 J24 24.0 0.0

Vitamin J Knut Westby Berkeley USA 4526 J24 24.0 0.0

Tremendous Slouch Scott Milne Seattle, WA USA 1238 j/24 24.0 0.0

Bullet Thomas Tunberg Santa Barbara CA 2257 J24 24.0 0.0

Free Bowl of Soup Douglas Schenk Portland, OR USA 3837 J24 24.0 0.0

take five Susan Taylor Los Angeles 2223 J/24 24.0 0.0

Critter James Baurley Marina del rey, CA USA 1898 J/24 24.0 0.0

About Time JB Cianciarulo BCYC USA-3534 J24 24.0 0.0

Bogus Chris Snow San Diego USA 5208 J/24 24.0 0.0

3 Big Dogs Pat Toole Santa Barbara 2160 J24 24.0 0.0

Mourning Wood Charlie Fox Dana Point USA 4139 J24 24.0 0.0

thanks, i had that. trying to find out if theres anything to follow with roundings, finishes, etc. on the water.

PB is probably out there I have his cell # somewhere around here I’ll try to give him a call.

I’m keeping my eye on # 5208

PB is probably out there I have his cell # somewhere around here I’ll try to give him a call.

I’m keeping my eye on # 5208

they should be good in breeze.

http://j24nationals2009.com/

Yacht Skipper Home Port Sail Number Boat Type LOA (Length) Rating NGB

Small Flying Patio Furniture Edward Walker Richmond, CA 533 J24 24.0 0.0

TMC Racing Michael Whitfield Berkeley Yacht Club USA 4906 J/24 24.0 0.0

Tundra Rose Keith Whittemore Seattle 3843 J-24 24.0 0.0

On Belay Don Taylor Brickyard Marina USA1036 J24 24.0 0.0

Rylah John Mason Leschi, Washington USA 4339 J/24 24.0 0.0

Little Wing Luther Strayer Brickyard Cove USA4268 J/24 24.0 0.0

WIP Mark Hillman Annapolis USA2274 J24 24.0 0.0

Downtown Uproar Darren Cumming Treasure Island Sailing Center 2394 J/24 24.0 0.0

Bangor Packet Anthony Parker Annapolis, MD 58 J24 24.0 0.0

Woof Wally Whittier Point Richmond 3316 J24 24.0 0.0

Vitamin J Knut Westby Berkeley USA 4526 J24 24.0 0.0

Tremendous Slouch Scott Milne Seattle, WA USA 1238 j/24 24.0 0.0

Bullet Thomas Tunberg Santa Barbara CA 2257 J24 24.0 0.0

Free Bowl of Soup Douglas Schenk Portland, OR USA 3837 J24 24.0 0.0

take five Susan Taylor Los Angeles 2223 J/24 24.0 0.0

Critter James Baurley Marina del rey, CA USA 1898 J/24 24.0 0.0

About Time JB Cianciarulo BCYC USA-3534 J24 24.0 0.0

Bogus Chris Snow San Diego USA 5208 J/24 24.0 0.0

3 Big Dogs Pat Toole Santa Barbara 2160 J24 24.0 0.0

Mourning Wood Charlie Fox Dana Point USA 4139 J24 24.0 0.0

some good teams in there. kind of odd, only twenty total though.

PB is probably out there I have his cell # somewhere around here I'll try to give him a call.

I'm keeping my eye on # 5208

Not sure how much Whitemore has been sailing the 24, but he could put the wood to Chris if he is on his game.

just returned from bezerkely and it looked super light

We floated around for a while after the irst race was supposed to go off and eventually sailed the first race under genoa. Breeze built during the day and most boats had jibs up by the third race.

Snow, Tundra, WIP, Bangor and TMC had good speed during all of the races but the courses were a bit short for a National Championship. Not many incidents out on the water.

The third race ended in an interesting manner. Bangor and Snow (I think) were ahead of WIP coming into the downwind finish. As they neared the leward turning mark, the 1st place boat saw a #2 on the committee boat and thought that they had another leg to complete but as it turns out that was for the next race. So both boats go genoa up and ebgin to turn the mark. Hillman gets the genoa half way up and figures it out and heads for the finish beating the other two boats.

As it turns out Hillman hit a makr previously in the race and took a 20% penalty.

Wip protested Packet in the third race for a tacking too close incident at the weather mark. Bangor took the 30%

Site sucks - no results, no photos - super lame for a Nationals.

come on guys - get it going!

WWing

WWing

dude, thats a little heavy, the injustice of non vital non instant interweb news....the horror!

Trying going to the Host Yacht Club, go to Regattas, then click on R for results.

WWing

dude, thats a little heavy, the injustice of non vital non instant interweb news....the horror!

Trying going to the Host Yacht Club, go to Regattas, then click on R for results.

It's a National Championship, and the host site for the nationals has no results up on Saturday for racing that was completed on Friday. That's lame.

WWing

WWing

It's a National Championship, and the host site for the nationals has no results up on Saturday for racing that was completed on Friday. That's lame.

WWing

Just the same - thanks for pointing me to the club's site

WWing

WWing

Just the same - thanks for pointing me to the club's site

It is in fact lame, but what can you do?

Results here....

http://www.sfyc.org/files/J-24%20RESULTS%209-26.pdf

I am shocked that they do not get a bigger turnout for nationals, even my class of Santana 20s had 29 boats this year and the year before had 40.

Where have the j24s gone?

I am shocked that they do not get a bigger turnout for nationals, even my class of Santana 20s had 29 boats this year and the year before had 40.

Maybe a bit of burnout from the Worlds in Annapolis that had 80 boats. Or that irksome recession thing?

Maybe a bit of burnout from the Worlds in Annapolis that had 80 boats. Or that irksome recession thing?

Every time they have a nationals or a North Americans in SF there are usually only 20-25 boats. It is simply too far to tow that beast. the exception would be the 1997 Nationals prior to the 97 Worlds, and maybe the 1996 North Americans at STFYC.

The Seattle Nationals got 30-35.

The 24 is not a 505 or even a Star, a bit more on when you tow cross country....the CA fleet simply isn't that big and there usual isnt that much competitor pull beyond the usual travel crowd. The recession doesnt help.

Anyone have today's results?

Snow had two more bullets with a total score of 15 pts for 9 races, securing the title. Wittemore had two 2nds today. We, 5208, were going good in the breeze upwind.

The final five were Snow, Hillman, Toole, Wittemore, Parker.

Web site could have been better, everything could have been better, but with only 20 boats and a crummy economy the event was pretty lightly funded. Local fleet wound up paying for quite a bit out of our own pockets (couldn't tell you percentages, but the fleet ponied up some real money). The money there was had to go to taking care of the people actually sailing the event, not the Imaginary Internet People.

This means: we bought beer instead of messing about with web sites. Then we drank the beer.

blah blah already said most of what i had to say about this elsethread, but wanted to send a tremendous thank you to all the sponsors as well as post a pic that pretty well sums up the entire weekend. wooooohoo!

post-32323-1254170984_thumb.jpg

post-32323-1254171053_thumb.jpg

Every time they have a nationals or a North Americans in SF there are usually only 20-25 boats. It is simply too far to tow that beast. the exception would be the 1997 Nationals prior to the 97 Worlds, and maybe the 1996 North Americans at STFYC.

The Seattle Nationals got 30-35.

The 24 is not a 505 or even a Star, a bit more on when you tow cross country....the CA fleet simply isn't that big and there usual isnt that much competitor pull beyond the usual travel crowd. The recession doesnt help.

But then, CYC in Seattle gets almost that many out on Tuesday nights all summer long. 30 boats registered, at least 25 or more showing up on the line. Old, painful boats but good times.