Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jono

Lifesling cases and contacts

We have a customer who is positive there is a fibreglass case for a Lifesling l. I can only find a case for the Inflatable 3 model. Anyone know better, or who can point me to the manufacturer? I'm having no luck on any of the search engines and there is nothing on the ones we have in stock except West Marine references.

Thanks

Jono

Safety at Sea NZ

We have a customer who is positive there is a fibreglass case for a Lifesling l. I can only find a case for the Inflatable 3 model. Anyone know better, or who can point me to the manufacturer? I'm having no luck on any of the search engines and there is nothing on the ones we have in stock except West Marine references.

Thanks

Jono

Safety at Sea NZ

That's because West Marine is AFAIK the manufacturer.

Looky here

8765828.jpg

Ishmael,

I was putting some stuff up in storage and just was thinking about a new bag for my Lifesling. Was wondering to myself where I was going to get just the bag. Your link saved me some effort!

Cheers Mate!

There is a hard plastic case (not fiberglass) for the original Lifesling.

http://www.landfallnavigation.com/slhpc.html

If you google for "Lifesling Rigid Case" you will find it. I'm guessing you want the plastic case for the original model lifesling?

The other poster's link is for the newer model, inflatable lifesling which does come with a fiberglass case.

There is a hard plastic case (not fiberglass) for the original Lifesling.

http://www.landfallnavigation.com/slhpc.html

If you google for "Lifesling Rigid Case" you will find it. I'm guessing you want the plastic case for the original model lifesling?

The other poster's link is for the newer model, inflatable lifesling which does come with a fiberglass case.

Sorry, my bad. Looking at one thing and doing another...

The real case is here.

It's for the Lifesling 3, which is a bit larger than the original and L2, but the earlier ones will fit.

Thanks for the help so far.

At least I've got confirmation the product does exist. Anyone able to help on who the whoesale distributor is? Given I'm in NZ I'm not taking anybody's lunch money. PM if desired.

Thanks

Jono

A hard case is a good idea. I bought a Lifesling with the soft case and before the end of the season found it necessary to west epoxy some fiberglass matting over the strap attachment points as the straps pulled the material off. Nice product, shitty bag.

I keep wanting to get one too, the soft case seems to be the primary breeding habitat for dock spiders.