• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Editor

BMW

320 posts in this topic

Now THAT'S a kiddie pool! Give us your own caption for this BMW/Oracle sailor sighted yesterday off San Diego, somewhere near a floating pile of carbon shards....This contest is brought to you by our friends at Sail Fast, who are providing shirts for the best three. Have fun

bmo_caption.jpg_sml.jpg

Now THAT'S a kiddie pool! Give us your own caption for this BMW/Oracle sailor sighted yesterday off San Diego, somewhere near a floating pile of carbon shards....This contest is brought to you by our friends at Sail Fast, who are providing shirts for the best three. Have fun

Did you say Jesus walked on water? Try walking on water AND sails at the SAME TIME!

Let the shore crew know I found the lockwasher they lost!

Usually when Freddy blacks out we draw on him, but we figured this would be even funnier.

Jimmy!? Are you sure you want me to spike the spinnaker halyard?

This is my boat. I got it the way I like it. You take up space and you slow me down.

Valet "but i parked your beemer just here Mr Ellison, honest, right here"

Who does that guy think he is, Jesus Christ?

No, he IS Jesus Christ. He thinks he is Larry Ellison.

I told you we shouldn't take that screw out..

Hey guys..... I found Larry's toothbrush...guys....GUYS!!! Hey come back!

The wily box rule jellyfish prepares to devour another hapless victim.

"Dude, my dad is a TV repair man. He has this awesome set of tools, I can fix it!"

BMW/Oracle practices the 1-man floater main take down.

Look, I found this shiny penny under this big wet sheet !

We just can't leave it here! We have to recycle!

Dude I can fix it, my dad's got the ultimate set of tools - Spicoli

BMW/Oracle practices the 1-man floater main take down.

That's good!

I know that SNG/ISAF says we are allowed to use drag reducing fluids - but this is ridiculous!

¿Dónde está mi mástil

"Hey, Dirty Bertie's under here drowning - you want me to cut a hole in the sail and save him?"

..........Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This D.O.G., swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the port hull, the starboard hull, the whole damn thing.

...the latest thinking in "Wave Conforming" hull technology...

WarBird

Look! The screwdriver I used after I dropped the forestay clevis pin in the water wasn't the problem.

Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat, Come on guys let me off I just saw a dark shadow swim under me, Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,.....

Oracle lawyer fails to flush legal brief down the toilet. Instead ops to flush it out to sea.

After Alingi sees the mast fall the spy jumps in with a kinfe and says "alas we have our upper hand, agree to our demands or im gonna cut your mainsail bitch"

Mr. Bertarelli! I have defeated ze 'mericans with nothing but my pocket knife...

MS

I think if we're going to use this stealth boat fouling technology maybe we should get rid of the Oracle logo.

You said you could make anything surf..... I think your full of it...... lets see ya surf this. <_<

..........Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This D.O.G., swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the port hull, the starboard hull, the whole damn thing.

Pretty good...Dude

I loved that speach.........

BMW/Oracle floats $10M debt offering.

Ha! I like this one...

Jimmy! I freed the tell tale for you, no problem.....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

San Diego CA November 3, 2009

Navy SEALS participated in a simulated terrorist attack exercise off the coast of San Diego today. An unnamed Navy source indicated that the day was a complete success with the SEAL team practicing tactics necessary to support the US America's Cup entry should the event be sailed in RAK.

Winners! Picked my personal top 3 from the list ----

I ordered the samurai douse!

Sail looks good, but the bottom is full of lawyers.

Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat, Come on guys let me off I just saw a dark shadow swim under me, Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,Yes I'm the one, who invited Jessica Simpson on the boat,.....

WWing

Where is that damn uphaul! The wind is too light to waterstart.

(windsurfing reference, just in case you dont know....)

glowingly,

ed

1 ) Quick... Hide the evidence

2) Come on Larry, your driving really is not all that bad... could have happened to anyone

3) Its melting.... melting...

1. Puff On !

2. " . . OK Ernesto . . . I dare ya to cross this line ! . . . . "

Never try a triple-lindy from the third spreader

-OR-

Kids, don't try this at home. I'm a professional!

"You mean if I swallow this little pill I can get it up again?"

MEN WHO STARE AT BOATS!!!

Oh yea.... Winner...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0