Me

Posted by Marina Kai, 19 July 2011 · 299 views

Once upon a time....

Okay that was stupid.  However, as the ever-accident prone victim of boat abuse - there are few ways to adequately introduce myself.

I started out as a dingy sailor when I was young.  Once highschool hit, there was less sailing and more hockey being done and it wasn't until University that I truely discovered keel-boat racing.

Currently I have a "stretched" rotator cuff (whatever that means - at the moment, it just means it hurts to wave and yank on things [insert dirty sailor joke here]), and bum shoulder (from going overvboard).

I love sailing more than anything else.  I live to be on the water (whether sunny or rainny, windy or beer-draining) and love to be part of the team.  Sailors are incredible people and I'm lucky to name many of them among my friends.  

Here's to all of you!  

And a toast, especially, to the two sailors who lost their lives.  Mark and Suzanne, I did not know you, but - from the postings I have read - you were well loved and respected among the sailing fleets.  There is no easy way to bid a sailor, who died on the water, goodbye.  Sometimes we can do everything right and it's still not enough.  However, while some may cope by offering condolences, and others may cope by trying to justify/find reasons why you died, the fact remains....you were experienced sailors who did everything they could to ensure the safety of your crew.  My thoughts are with your friends, family and crew members as they cope with this loss.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
2728 29 3031  

Recent Entries

• Photo
    Me
    19 July 2011

Recent Comments

• Photo
    Me
    gseednglin - Nov 02 2012 06:03 AM
  • Photo