All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ease the sheet.

Drip Drip Drip

The fact that warbird thinks that anything on facebook is news is not surprising. Scratch that. Warbird thinks?
  3. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

The positive of her visit and comments is it puts Brexit into US lounge rooms which is not a bad thing, remembering Trump calls himself “Mr. Brexit” despite evidence that a disunited E.U. undermines U.S. security and economic interests. For instance Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The West is enduring an irresponsible era of destruction of institutions that have helped deliver decades of relative peace and prosperity." “It’s easier to break something than construct it,” Bart Oosterveld, director of the Atlantic Council’s Global Business and Economic Program, told an editorial writer. Mary Curtin, diplomat-in-residence at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School, told an editorial writer. “Imagine if all that energy had been put into addressing some of the societal issues that may have led people to vote for Brexit.” http://m.startribune.com/brexit-extension-reflects-damaging-dysfunction/508827952/
  4. Seems to me if you don't want people fucking with your shit you should take care of it yourself and not impose on others.
  5. phillysailor

The Redacted Mueller Report

Not my reading of the situation. Trump doesn’t get his day in court while president. After his term(s) are up he is open game for prosecution and civil suits. It does mean the onus is on Congress to deal with any high crimes while a sitting president is in office. Mueller did his best to make the evidence available, and he’s laid a road map for simpletons to follow. There has to be overwhelming political will to turn impeachment into punishment or removal, however, and it’s safe to say no one has made the case that exists. Trump is an American problem, as are his cult like supporters.
  6. Importunate Tom

Hold my beer...

When you write a sentence like that one, you should stop and think, "Why am I writing it here for free, where it could be victim of the next whimsical purge, and not writing it in the book and getting paid and keeping control of my content?" And then continue to entertain us for free.
  7. phillysailor

Since we know the Russians are here

It’s lazy posturing. H28 tried out a stupid idea to see if it would gain traction. He had put no effort or thought behind his words, but enjoys the response, trolls for more. Mid hate to think he represents many people in the auS, but believe he might be the norm. Unthinking, uncaring & convinced he’s right. But really, just lazy.
  8. Importunate Tom

"National Cleavage Day"

So I heard Misty May doing a radio spot for a varicose vein treatment center. I couldn't find the thread about her... uh... cleavage. So I guess that's cleavage-related news? Trying to decide if it's more or less depressing than seeing that Ford Mustang with the "ANTIQUE" plate.
  9. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

The EU train is already leaving the station without the UK. Trade dominated Commision this last week. Next month May 9th leaders summit in Sibiu, Romania with key agenda items trade with the US, the relationship with China, the unresolved issue of sharing responsibility for Mediterranean migrants, the next seven-year EU budget, and completing the single market etc. Sibiu is about charting a post-Brexit course for the EU – Theresa May is not invited – demonstrating to voters in next month’s parliament elections that EU has a vision that embraces their concerns. https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/eu-shifts-focus-to-us-trade-with-brexit-ball-firmly-in-uk-s-court-1.3865033?mode=amp
  10. surely no-one who spends time on forums such as this can in any way fit the description of being apolitical Agreed, but it is possible to be non-partisan. The yankees have a harder time of that than we do as party-based political identity is a much stronger element of their culture. As Eva Dent in almost every thread they comment in.
  11. We’re just gonna push on under motor only.
  12. OK we are getting somewhere. Now, how much should Ellen's janitor make? 10x what I make is 0 since I am retired.
  13. Steam Flyer

D's r off the rails. Each dashed hope = more insanity

Um, Obama released his, so what's your point?? The righties are mad because the universe has played a cruel trick on them. The birther nonsense is a case in point. "Obama didn't release his birth certificate" well actually he does not have his birth certificate. Like many states, Hawaii keeps custody of the original. They're pissed they can't take it out of the office and tear it up then say, "See we told you Obama doesn't have one." Anyone who cares to pay the fee can get a certified copy. Same with my birth certificate BTW. And I was definitely born in Kenya oops the USA -DSK
  14. I answered your moronic question upthread. The general population should make 10X what dumbshits like you and your elk make. They're generally 10X as smart as you so they should make 10X as much.
  15. See Level

Saved the Rudder?

You really should add the photo to Google maps. Were they able to get it off the beach?
  16. Importunate Tom

Assange has been arrested

You have to admit it was clever of me to get the ACLU to go along with my selfish scheme.
  17. The Lucky One

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Have you ever tried to move one cat, much less THREE?
  18. Ishmael

What Tools and/or Materials Am I Missing?

Some paint thinner, because it will inevitably go somewhere it shouldn't.
  19. Importunate Tom

Xi and the new consumer in China

246 million views. Wow.
  20. Meat Wad

D's r off the rails. Each dashed hope = more insanity

Drips what? Tranny Fluid or just rear end fluid? or Drool for the next election?
  21. SloopJonB

Coolboats to admire

I thought it was an old IOR boat when they still used the ketch rig sometimes.
  22. Mismoyled Jiblet.

Since we know the Russians are here

that's a decent summary of the bad faith trolls that make up the Trumpalos here. Of course no matter what a leftie says it's stupid, because the only correct answer is whatever lie Donald Trump said today. anyways, here's a half interesting report on propaganda efforts - https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR2200/RR2237/RAND_RR2237.pdf the "insular and circular" nature of propaganda efforts is interesting if you notice how, @Dog for example, gets his laundered rightwing crazy conspiracy theory.
  23. Yo momma raised an idiot. There have been no answers to direct questions. How much should Ellen's janitor earn?. How much should all janitors earn?
  1. Load more activity

Announcements