All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. mad

Larry's AC50 Circus

you deluded little child.
  3. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

The cat is back...or is it " the cat is out of bag?" As in both a "reveal all" and "the cat o' nine tails, used by the Royal Navy for punishment" Omens flowing aplenty here.
  4. rgeek

Brexit, WTF

Brexit having next to no impact on campaigning here. Just the usual eu candidates campaigning on national issues, council candidates campaigning on european issues and national candidates campaigning on local issues.
  5. Shootist Jeff

Mikewof triggers!

Isn't that sorta the point?
  6. LionessRacing

AIS receiver info anyone?

Power and signal are both attenuated, “Signal Power” is the received energy/time available at the antenna, expressed as a density, Watts/m^2 or expressed in dB to a reference power density. Your transmission antenna may form the radiated power to have “gain” compared to a point emitter while reducing the angular radiation to a disk instead of a sphere Making the receiving antenna larger captures more power, think satellite dishes. A resistive connection or lossy cable will affect the transmission attenuation more than the reception, due to impedances of the antenna vs the receiver front end. A poorly insulated cable that may have a poor ground connection for its shield will allow more noise to be added to the received signal, perhaps to a level where you can no longer discern the signal from the noise.
  7. The youth and amateur one ? But will there be another edition ?
  8. crashdog

Brexit, WTF

Yes, Leo, that is how I see the parliamentary arithmetic working out (at its best). Raab's canard on the price of Brexit is an understatement.
  9. Shootist Jeff

LONQR

10. Shootist Jeff

VR Flight Sim - OMFG!!!

I'm a big fan of Garmin Pilot. My last long XC I did was using my ipad with GP going into LAX's airspace in a 182RG. It would have been a bastard had I not had the moving maps going in there for the first time. With the iPad it was a snap, I didn't get yelled at by LA center once
  11. Ha! Gustavo is getting good in the Stars. His technique downwind is pretty good! Also playing with Dragons, even winning the occasional race. Meanwhile, think of the best three sailboat racers there have ever been. Most people's selection include Paul Elvstrom and Ben Ainslie who's reputation is tied to the Finn. Why is that? I'm not saying there aren't others. What I'm saying that I can name 10 Finn sailors who have oustanding sailing careers. I can also name lots of offshore keelboat sailors, but who has the best sailboat racing record? The Olympics is about celebrating excellence, not creating a lottery by announcing the boat after MNA selection.
  12. mad

Assange has been arrested

Unlike the Ecuadorean embassy, there are no conjugal visits at HMP Belmarsh, so that’s probably on hold for a while.
  13. Shootist Jeff

VR Flight Sim - OMFG!!!

None, which was my entire point of my thread hijack post about reliance on automation and training. I suspect the US major carriers both have a better experience base in their pilots as well as a better and more rigorous training program to make sure they can handle the unknowns. What would be more interesting to learn is how many of the US flagged Max 8's experienced the sensor failure? I'm assuming this will come out in the NTSB investigation.
  14. Mid

Plastic on remote islands

sadly water has no respect for the boundary between your coastal waters and our oceans . Memo : US Navy > FUCK YOU .
  15. eric1207

Its not just "incidental" garbage. The Navy is planning to dump 20,000 TONS of "environmental Stressors" explosives, heavy metals, etc in the ocean off the Pacific NW. I happened to get this in my in box today. I commented, recommending a change of dump zone to just off Mar el Lago. US Navy planning dump in our coastal waters This requires so much more than just commenting in an online form, but please read this and consider doing just that. I cannot fathom that the US Navy is planning to do this our coastal waters. ACTION ALERT: Public Comment Period Understanding the true and continuing cost of war, and producing and testing weapons: Last November, the U.S. Navy announced its plan to release 20,000 tons of environmental “stressors,” including heavy metals and explosives, into the coastal waters of the U.S. Pacific Northwest over the course of this year. https://www.nwtteis.com/DocumentsandReferences/-NWTTDocuments/FinalEISOEIS?fbclid=IwAR3uRqs3HOviVkidMEWpmGQGs5VPzeLCt8VF0UfW0egc9e9zCQZG8556T5I You can comment until June 12 here, telling them not to release heavy metals and depleted uranium into the Puget Sound or any oceans. To read their unwieldy document, download Vol 2 and then Ctrl-F 'stressors" https://www.nwtteis.com/Documents/2019-Northwest-Training-and-Testing-Supplemental-EIS-OEIS-Documents/Draft-Supplemental-EIS-OEIS
  16. LeoV

Brexit, WTF

Another chilling prediction: Polling guru John Curtice has more food for thought for Tory unionist MPs. He told a Social Market Foundation event Thursday that any Tory Brexiteer going for no deal could collapse the government, potentially letting in a Labour government. But Jeremy Corbyn may not be able to win a commons majority, meaning he could have to turn to the SNP, whose price for support would likely be a second independence referendum.
  17. Today
  18. LeoV

Brexit, WTF

Even with climate change on the way I can not see that coming. But everything looks possible in the UK at the moment.
  19. Navig8tor

Nancy outsmarts Trump again.

Think the tax returns will provide more questions and the inevitable follow the money investigations that will surely follow. Donnie knows that once that door is opened it will not be closed and his future is fucked, the compliance by some banks will release an avalanche of shit that will have more questions than provide answers and lots of dots will get connected. That is why he has launched so many diversions to build so many tenuous links for all of the conspiracy theorists to piece together an alternate reality. Blocking every democrat investigation and ignoring subpoenas. Saying he cannot work with the democrats, elevating the conflict with Pelosi, while behaving like a delinquent juvenile that can't get his way. He has given Carte Blanche to his resident DOJ puppet Barr to ride off and investigate campaign spying despite the real fact his campaign had such dialog with the Russians it was noted as concerning by all intelligence agencies and by Mueller. This man is beginning to display the delusions of a dictator determined to maintain his grip on power at any cost. Of course he is telling everyone who listens that its so obviously someone else at fault. This is not the GOP, its the morally corrupt trump party carefully cultivated and engineered in the "with us or against us" doctrine. The GOP is along for the ride because it represents power and nobody wants to be the one labelled a loser by Donnie.Dumbfuck. There are a few are starting to wise up to the fact they are Donnie -without their support Donnie is nothing, a loudmouth, a bully and a bullshit artiste. Hopefully Donnies mental state prompts a few more to entertain the preservation of the party over that of their rapidly decaying leader.
  20. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

A big day today. Meeting Sir Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 Committee this morning? Maybe a statement from her before then? This is pretty funny pic ....there fix to open to get the furniture out OR to nail it closed so Brady can't get in?
  21. Mid

Niki Lauda DTS

22. Ex-yachtie

Foil arm testing successful

Will you apologise if they don’t?
  23. Mid

ROOM !!!

24. Mid

Salona 44. Sail inventory.

two words . Roller furling.
  25. 10thTonner

Ladder rungs...upwind tactics

No. But we can give you a medal for participating in this thread.
  26. SPORTSCAR

New Swan 36

We have one of those puppies on our pond. I think it has had 5 owners in 4 years, or is that 4 owners in 5 years...
  27. Mid

Narrated by Academy Award-winner Jeremy Irons, this "mockumentary" video, hammers home the stark reality of California's plastic bag pollution situation.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements