2. Terrorvision

Incest and Rape

Those goddam homosexualists.
  3. trt131

I still call Australia home

Is that Izzy?
  4. LB 15

76 Plays 67! They have a majority in the lower house. Bwahahahahahahahahaha What a fuck up by Labor.
  5. Sailabout

Corsair F28 Mast Question

I cant see why you dont keep it at the dock with rigged to drop ( but with forestay pin in) then just lower the mast via the spin halyard tied to the tackline via the spin tack block on the pole back to a winch, then winch it back up and put the forestay pin back in etc on the fly? Done it a few times, 24, 28 and 31
  6. Navig8tor

The abortion Debate - Why is incest a special case?

Didn’t know he lived in such a myopic universe. He comes from the “as soon as you understand that I am god we’ll get along just fine” school of thought.
  7. Cal20sailor

Incest and Rape

If a stork brings the white babies. And a crow brings the black babies. What brings no babies at all?
  8. Cal20sailor

The abortion Debate - Why is incest a special case?

I can only assume you tell your wife what to wear, what to eat, and I'd say what to say but of course, she's not allowed to speak in public.
  9. MultiMacGreg

Newick Anarchy

No, not that tri! The photo of the "Unknown Tri" I posted was this one:
  10. She had a refit and some major work on her about 18 months or so ago at “The Boats” at Coomera. She was in the yard for a few months or so. Pulpit
  11. dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

this about alogrithmns it is a man with a clip-board but it explains how it works and why channels rise and fall and why videos are often 15 minutes long
  12. Groucho Marx

Frog

Inspired by Jim Young's 12 metre Bladon Racer, drawn in mid 1970s.
  13. I didn't say that an event should not be included because of the body type. The issue is that the lighter sailors were disadvantaged in the Olympics for many decades (arguably from about 1928 till 1996 or so) and the big fellas appear to have never had an issue with it. They appear to have been quite happy to disadvantage lighter sailors, but when the tables are turned, they complain like hell and speak as if there was something unfair about people of a certain size being disadvantaged - something they did not care about when they were the lucky ones. Personally I'd like it if heavy sailors could still race, but the issue is that the Finn class is not even handed when it comes to the issue of being fair to all weights. I'm not sure what the big problem is about the way the offshore boat is being introduced. In earlier eras they have announced that they would bring in a new discipline, and then gone out to select a class. There was a lot of talk about a half tonner or similar boat getting into the Games in the early '70s but the Tornado got in instead. No one seemed to have a problem with the fact that the plan was to decide to put an offshore boat in, and then select the boat. PS - I have never heard that Finn sailors were the fittest sailors, and I do know of relevant sports science papers where any such claim would have been included. Can you give a citation? To be honest, it doesn't seem logical that the men in one very small discipline would have been fitter than the runners, the cyclists, the swimmers and the weightlifters. Seriously, didn't Phelps and Bolt train pretty damn hard? I can't recall hearing about them sitting around eating burgers while sailors went out and hit the weights. If the Finn sailors spent more time than any other summer Olympians on physical training, doesn't that mean they must have pretty much ignored tactics, tuning and the rest of the very complex art of sailing? That seems unlikely. So given they had the same amount of time, many other aspects to consider, lots of boathandling and sail testing to work on, why would they suddenly become ubermensch?
  14. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

Australia has just had a General Election where the Pollsters got it completely wrong. This is similiar to what occured in the Trump Presidential, UK Referendum and lesser extent the UK 2017 General Election ballots. It seems this is because old polling techniques using the telephone for probability sampling (where a random sample of telephone numbers are called across the country) isn't cutting the mustard anymore. Many people don't have a landline with a reliable address/location. For cost saving Pollsters have also switched from an operator asking questions to randomly calling mobile numbers and using robo calling. So a drop off in response rates, location accuracy and therefore consequential drop off in the quality of the data. However it appears data mining of social media interaction of party and individual candidate Online material is now starting to be used. This is to gauge voter sentiment both on a larger scale and for greater accuracy for electorate by electorate trends. For instance comparing say UTube views between parties etc. Also people simply blogging, tweeting or updating social media with their thoughts and feeling about an election race. I have no idea how the Polls for the EU are being constructed and how much they rely on this new Online sampling approach as a baseline or for fine-tuning. But interestingly I spotted this article that the Brexit Party are artificially increasing its Online interaction activity via Twitter by using bots and other inauthentic users. Buzz Feed News 18 May 2019. This technique is nothing new and is against Twitter policy but it seems there can be quite a delay before Twitter takes this stuff down. engadget 24 April 2019 So Brexit Party actual vote on Thursday compared to Polling might be interesting to watch.
  15. Groucho Marx

Frog

Ideas for a cruising version of Frog, 10 metres square.
  16. duncan (the other one)

get bent. It's not nearly as ugly as the lefty dummy spits all over twitter.
  17. duncan (the other one)

Hey - I see you're a leunig fan
  18. Bruno

Newick Anarchy

Trailer of convenience, don't overthink it.
  19. MikeR80

Medal race hell

name the event ya whiney wanker
  20. Today
  21. SeaGul

R2AK 2019

...were talking experienced Batman jumpers here - not kids...
  22. Ex-yachtie

Larry's AC50 Circus

Even at 250-300k @MR.CLEAN was right. Fancy arguing that an event will be a failure because only quarter of a million people might turn up in person. You must live in a miserable world.
  23. If people didn't just nut up, shut up, and grow up with the times, we wouldn't have even moved onto boats like the Finn 60 years ago, and the Olympics would still be sailed on boats like this, because in 1896 stuff like "THESE WERE THE PREMIERE SAILING BOATS" of that time according to people like you.
  24. Ease the sheet.

It's a bit hard to be "no worse" when they're all the same....
  25. albanyguy

Yes Meli I am enjoying it. I've also just enjoyed reading the headline that Plibersek will not contest the ALP leadership. Looks like it'll be Albo then. I doubt Bowen will get a guernsey coz it was his changes to CGT, Negative Gearing and Imputation Credit refunds that lost them the unloseable election.
  26. Raz'r

Game of Thrones

He’s gonna find another redhead and maybe be happy for once. The “brooding Jon” shots got pretty old. guess that’s it for the interloping Targayans...
  27. The mini transat is said to be the third most watched event in France, after the French open and the tour de France. There is a show on sailing on TV5 that features the build up for years. That will not be possible, as selection won't happen until 2023. The story will also be around the controversy of whether the trials are held in the right kind of boat. Whether the boat will have water balance, or a swing keel. (5 years out, we've just heard we won't know for some time, and we may no know until December 2023.) For cycling, I get it. It will be like a longer event. Trouble is, will it be held on a road bike, mountain bike, a BMX or a penny farthing? And athleticism. To not include an even because of the body type? I liked hearing that the fittest people in the Olympics are down hill skiers and Finn sailors. Their athleticism adds to the difficulty of winning, not detracts. Imagine the same statement being applied athletics - that an event isn't fair because certain body types are advantaged? Come on. Putting one event against another is like saying that there is no room for both the Javelin and the shot put, so go argue the merits. Or both are being dropped in favor of gumboot throwing because the TV ratings are higher. That sucks. These are all throwing events - does the equipment really matter? That is not what the Olympics are about. Anyhow, my main beef is the way it has been introduced to the Olympics, not whether or not the discipline belongs. And the way it is being introduced goes against any notion of any Olympic ethos I am familiar with.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements