2. Ease the sheet.

History will judge the complicit

Stay safe!
  3. Ishmael

"Quislings" has a nice ring to it.
  4. Alan H

Gulf 29?

Ronnie Simpson, who admittedly is not your typical sailor...managed to sail from California to Australia in a Cal 29. I sailed from California to Hawaii in 1998 in a Ranger 29 with new standing rigging, but old sails and an Atomic 4 that would only run for 15 minutes at a time because ...I didn't know this....the water pump impeller was shot. I see the men and women in Petit Bateau, or who do the Jester Challenge cross the Atlantic in everyday sorts of boats. I think the OP who is thinking of doing some coastal cruising in a Gulf 29 is going to be just fine. Do the usual things...make sure the mast stays up by inspecting and replacing standing rigging if it's needed. Make sure the sails are functional. make sure the bulkheads aren't ripping out of the boat. Tap around to see if there's any delamination in the deck. if you just have to replace some through hulls, then do it at the next haulout. If they're plastic and they've been there since 1980, they're probably not going to fail tomorrow while you're pooping around on Lake Texawhuppee....
  5. astro

Jim Mattis drops his gloves

That's fucking funni. You are comparing someones imaginings against your 'think so"? Hahahahaha That's the trouble with people like you, you deal in opinions supplied to you by your controllers ... instead of the facts. People like you put Trump in office.
  6. roundthebuoys

It's not groupthink always. Why do you think Republicans are in complete lockstep with Trump? Lower taxes, abortion, Jesus, flooding the military with cash? I honestly 100% don't think anyone likes the guy. But what are they (or you maybe) holding their nose and tolerating about him? What exactly makes you say I'm so glad a President finally did this?
  7. Steam Flyer

Colregs ignorance

?? When the fuck did THIS happen? - DSK
  8. Ease the sheet.

Should people be allowed to defend themselves against their government?
  9. Sol Rosenberg

I’m contemplating a field trip to Lafayette Park.
  10. A guy in the Chesapeake

Donald Trump loses Nov 3rd

Oh yeah - you project something and challenge me to defend against your projection. No question about how that works. Have fun with yourself.
  11. El Boracho

New Forum: Anarchy Anarchy

Oh, no thanks, putting DEEP STATE PSYOPS in a title is like putting GOD in a title. The contents are going to be complete twaddle.
  12. SloopJonB

Gulf 29?

Exactly. To listen to the typical comments out there, you are taking your life in your hands stepping onto anything less than a Swan. The automotive equivalent of the prevailing attitude would be that anything less than a Bentley is a dangerous POS.
  13. 2airishuman

Spars and sails for homemade dinghy

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the plans. The mast is 10' 3" x 1-15/16. The sprit is 9'7" x 1-1/2. Each is one piece and does not collapse. One of the ideas behind the design is that the sprit rig has such a low aspect ratio that the mast is short enough to fit in the boat, obviating the need for a mast with a joint. I have previously used closet rod to make a barge/sounding pole. Hmm.
  14. A guy in the Chesapeake

If my positions are untenable, then you should be able to say something more than " you suck because I dont poke some of the things you say". If ya cant? Then perhaps it's not me who has the untenable positions. But, ya know what? Dont sweat it. I enjoy the back and forth, I like hearing from the folks who think differently than I do about things. I'm not enjoying the constant BS projections from those in here who just want to find something to slag about. Yall have fun with your little group think.
  15. Raz'r

On This Season of Riots

testing was down, and there was a spike in infections. explaining it away oh dancing poodle... https://images.app.goo.gl/JmJk56pvEUCBHpuH8 and for your fact-based reading pleasure. More spikes: Texas, Arizona and Oregon saw significant spikes last week in new coronavirus infections, while cases also continued to climb in a handful of states where steady increases have become the norm. Why it matters: Nationwide, new cases have plateaued over the past week. To get through this crisis and safely continue getting back out into the world, we need them to go down — a lot. Between the lines: Improved testing can cause the number of confirmed cases in a particular state to rise, even if that state's outbreak isn't getting that much worse. At least in Texas, however, the spike in recorded cases does seem to reflect an actual increase in new infections — not just better testing. Testing in Texas increased by 36% over the past week, while the number of confirmed infections rose by 51%. Texas also saw an increase in the percentage of all coronavirus tests that came back positive. In a state where testing is improving and the underlying outbreak isn't getting worse, you'd expect the share of positive tests to go down. The big picture: Axios is tracking each state's caseload week by week, using a seven-day average. The disparities between states, and these sudden spikes in places that had been making progress, underline just how tentative the U.S.' progress against the virus has been.
  16. Raz'r

Nope, supporting the collaborators means, well, you're a collaborator. See how that works?
  17. Ease the sheet.

If you lack self awareness, what good are my refutations?
  18. Sol Rosenberg

On This Season of Riots

Here in Putnam County, it definitely is about a statue, a most unfortunately located one. At the entrance to our courthouse, where folks seek equal justice under the law, before anyone can reach the blindfolded lady with the scales, they must pass the monument to “Our Confederate Heroes”. I can see how some folks would see that as more “Just Us” than justice. It was donated by the Daughters of the Confederacy back when they were big on donating similar monuments to our history. My suggestion was that Putnam County should thank them for it when we return it to them for relocation in a more appropriate location. Peaceful protest, organized by an 18 year old lad. Most impressive. Got all of our local political, religious and law enforcement leaders to show. (Closeups of monument taken from online site.)
  19. Ease the sheet.

New Forum: Anarchy Anarchy

Someone suggested fuckwit anarchy. But then you'd have no one to "talk" to.
  20. roundthebuoys

I think the hypocrisy of the Maga cult is interesting. Like nothing at all matters as long as judges who are pro-life get confirmed.
  21. A guy in the Chesapeake

You're so funny. Calling you on your hypocrisy means I'm a Nazi? Even for you that's a stretch.
  22. A guy in the Chesapeake

Of course. If they are untenable positions, then you should have no problem providing a substantive refutation to any if them. Please do.
  23. Ease the sheet.

Get in line...
  24. Nice!

While you probably aren't wrong about what Trump will do, his problem is bigger than a federal pardon. He has state cases pending that are outside of federal pardoning jurisdiction.
  25. Rskiff

Stars and Stripes Team USA is gone

the boat did arrive, it's sitting outside ETNZs base ready to be unpacked.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements