All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Importunate Tom

Kelo v. City of New London,

CT Might Finally Reform Eminent Domain Use Good for them. This was interesting to me. The bolded part is right on.
  3. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

The interesting Question? Do the Tory moves to unseat May strengthen Labours resolve to "do a deal with her" or cause them to 'walk away"? Watch the market for where they are placing their bets. https://www.fxstreet.com/news/gbp-usd-brexit-regains-market-attention-after-easter-break-all-eyes-on-12970-60-201904230404
  4. ita 16

14' Stunt S9 Foiling Cat

S9 one design class , first race 2019 season , fun , races and many new good guys.
  5. Se7en

Sydney to Hobart 2019

Ah.. Cambridge and City of Rayville were both sunk early in the War (1940) by mines in Bass Strait. City of Rayville was the first American ship sunk in WW2, and quite well known. So I suspect that people had some idea that there were mines laid by the Germans...
  6. Nor this one. I'm still hoping to see you tear into NYC for their lax gun laws. They allow guns outside the home! As if we had outdoor militias or something! You're not going to call out that outrage?
  7. duncan (the other one)

Needing good shoes

I found a pair of Merrell minimal running shoes with Vibram soles excellent. Have lasted a good three or four years. I think their similar model now is the 'vapor glove'. Vibram in general is awesome. Grippy and wears very well. With all My shoes, the biggest problem seems to be the stink. I'm sure there's a common factor, if I could only find it.
  8. Importunate Tom

Florida Gun Ban Proposed

Slightly above and to the left. And I already answered you.
  9. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

Leo you are far more disciplined than most, but when you are walking along, every few miles you have to stop and kick off that dog turd hanging on to your shoe. That is just a natural defence mechanism for when he comes back, time and time again eating his own shit, before you know it you are minus a leg. But yes only kick the turd off your shoe occasionally, otherwise he will get the better of this thread.
  10. Importunate Tom

It's on..Judiciary committee just subpoena-ed McGahn

Seems a bit closer to the President than the AG's wife, who some say is covered by Executive Privilege. Well, they did say it, right up until an Obama appointee told them no.
  11. lydia

Sydney to Hobart 2019

And don't stream the Gopro footage your sinking or death live without prior approval. What a fucking joke. All about getting media you don't have to pay for. And how is the entry fee! $2350 for me ($4.00 a mile almost)
  12. hoodlum

Brisbane to Gladstone 2019

well you got third place right for I Root Chickens Shaggy, can i start....... missed you up there in team "Pink fluffy Unicorns"
  13. mad

Black Jack, Nose Job Arse Lift

Are they getting the fried splitter upgrade at the same time?
  14. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

Yes..it seems a pattern is emerging.
  15. Fiji Bitter

Keel Failure

No, it was a design flaw, apparently a pretty obvious one too. Or maybe at best it was a bit of both.
  16. SCANAS

Brisbane to Gladstone 2019

& All it would take is one existing team to have a multi in the race & WOXI BJ COMANCHE would follow. Scally’s ORMA doesn’t count (yet)
  17. lydia

Sydney to Hobart 2019

So if you launch a drone and crash it or lose it are you DSQ for pollution with plastics? Just saying. No doubt the Entry will require all drone footage to vest in the OA.
  18. bowman81

Your Yard Anarchy

Don't recall planting a tree ever on our land, but, Family property is 37 acres in a coastal town, mostly bush land. Driveway and house placement were all planned to ensure no trees needed to be cleared. Only trees we used for firewood were fell by storms, and only time a living tree was touched by the chainsaw was to trim a branch. One of my early jobs was on an adjacent property that had previously been cleared for farming, i spent most time of my time planting wind breaks along all the fence lines. Three rows deep, small medium and tall trees all native to the area. Marked and tagged on the property map with species. Must have planted close to the 400 trees during that summer.
  19. Today
  20. Upp3

Brexit, WTF

...you made false statement. They already hired 1000 new customs officers according to Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-britain-netherlands/dutch-pm-to-may-difficult-to-tweak-rejected-brexit-deal-idUSKCN1PC1WY
  21. Couta

Sydney to Hobart 2019

The Maritime archaeologist at Heritage Victoria - Peter Harvey - is an old school/Uni mate of mine...we caught up for a beer at this year's FOS at Geelong where we were talking about the number of japanese submarines & German raiders operating in Bass Straight in WW2. There were mines being laid everywhere!! Wilsons Prom was covered in them...and as the article quotes...most people didn't find out about it until after the war.
  22. JL92S

J/99 anyone have info beyond the teaser?

If i’m honest I expected J Lance to placed a little higher, I know the boat is brand new but Didier is usually able to rock up with a new J and wipe the floor with the competition. Also if I had to guess where the 99 would be competitive it would be the lighter airs like they had at the weekend because in the heavy airs the more powerful boats would prevail. I heard that J Lance has been pre sold prior to the event so i’ll be interested to see how it fairs wherever it ends up
  23. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

This is getting crazier by the moment. Today is St George's Day remembering St George, an English patron saint and according to legend, "he" (maybe he had a sex change?) was a soldier in the Roman army who killed a dragon and saved a princess. If St George is not May and she the Princess, then who is St George today??
  24. Zora

Show your boat sailing thread

The pretty dark haired girl in the hat is my better half and all my other crew are just friends. None of them have done any sailing before so I've been teaching what little I know. The dog is my friends dog that is happy to be out sailing so we bring him along for the ride I'm trying to build my experience bringing out people that aren't too experienced because I want to do some charter skippering at some point.
  25. Importunate Tom

I am waiting for an apology from the libtards

FakeNewb started it back when he was Bull Gator. Just go with the flow. And please send me some ilk backstraps.
  26. Sorry to have upset you, comrade! If we set aside how vapid or otherwise my contributions might be, I will admit I sold my last laser, a 140000 era shed that had been in the family since 1993 a few years back - maybe 2015, but I've owned 10 lasers (and countless more sails, spars, parts etc) over the years and done at least 2,000 hours of laser sailing, some of which during the beginning of the Rastegar era. I've designed a few boats - production to custom, racing to leisure, built a lot of boats in a variety of ways, and for the production stuff I have had intimate knowledge of the financials, so I think that entitles me to some opinion on the matter, no? I don't own a boat manufacturing concern and praise Allah every day in that regard. Of course it is facile to say in absolute terms what profit a builder should make. Of course its not communism and if you go to any dinghy show there are plenty of boats to chose from in a semi competitive market, albeit not many that are Olympic AND Youth pathway boats AND frankly, everywhere. I personally would like to see a sailboat maker make a profit if his product is good, with some proportionality to volume, such that he has a sustainable business and can support his customers and people who like what his customers are getting and also want to get involved. Maybe even invest a bit back into his business, R&D etc. This is often not the case in small sailboat world with a few exceptions. Of course this is all first world stuff, guys moaning about the value that they feel that they are getting from their luxury purchase. I don't like seeing the abuse of monopoly positions, crap governannce and / or incompetance, and defence thereof, regardless of how little it might directly affect me. Who does? Internet would be pretty boring if everyone rolled over and accepted it.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements