All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. cosmicsedso

Australian Sailing

News reports of masses of soggy medical masks washing up on NSW beaches
  3. As far as I know, it's the same cost if you quit, get laid off or if you're fired. It's the full cost of employee plus employer contribution, albeit at the group rate.
  4. frenchie

AOC.... OMG

Murray wasn't Alexandria's Republican challenger; she just dropped out of the primary. She was runnin against John Cunnings for the Republican spot on the ballot. Also, Alex had nothing to do with it; Murray's campaign was just incompetent. Running for the Republican Primary... and the witness on your petition is a registered Democrat? Doh!
  5. Amati

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

My mom was in the Audubon Society. You don’t fuck with the Audubon Society. Really. My dad certainly didn’t.
  6. "Entitled" because it's a law, the Continuation of Health Coverage Act. It wasn't always a law. He's right, "entitled" is the correct word. But it's silly because it's even more expensive than when they were employees and then they're not employees. COBRA is a joke. A cruel joke.
  7. Amati

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

Freedom! Emotional Freedom!
  8. Gouvernail

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

Absolutely not the time for an “internal investigation.” The men involved need to be prosecuted by a totally outside entity, tried, and sentenced according to whatever the jury of inner city black men find.
  9. RobG

Aussie Government blow it (Again)

Sorry, I don't choose who I'll vote for based on aesthetic appeal. Oh, you dislike her because she doesn't have a quaint English name like Bjelke–Petersen? She became leader of the opposition as the most senior Labor member in the parliament after the rout in 2015. She went on to soundly defeat Newman, who was quite capable but had a very abrasive style and made some really stupid political decisions (and who had strong family support in getting to Brisbane Lord Mayor and subsequently parliament). His best trick was to be the parliamentary leader while not a member of parliament. But I guess he's better looking.
  10. Why? If you're so concerned about being infected by others, go to the supermarket in the morning in the reserved times. If seeing unmasked humans is so unnerving, why would anyone willingly go where there are unmasked humans? Is it a "Karen" thing, they really just want something to complain about?
  11. Gouvernail

2-part prep

Never never sand with an air tool before applying topcoats...... unless you have brand new hoses and a super fabulous filter system catching every drop of oil. i use Surgical Blue tack rags. And I NEVER press down or stop moving and change direction with the rag. wiping with bare hands really isn’t all that bad. I find my fingers are very sensitive to any dust and little particles that are large enough to show through my paint 202 is one of the smelliest most pervasive won’t go away stinky ass solvents in the world. It eats virtually any glove. If it gets on your skin your hands stink fir hours or even days...’I hate that shit!!!! also... anything that stinks that long must be soaking in to the surface and I do not like having chemicals under my paints wipe the surface down. Wipe it again. Wipe it once or twice more after you are certain you got everything.
  12. SloopJonB

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

Hell yeah - she even used the PC "African American" FFS. I mean what do these people want?
  13. WTF is the matter with you people biting at Cervical Cancer's hook?
  14. he b gb

Bi plane rigged wing mast cat pros and cons?

Yeh Rusty, I was wondering the same thing. I watched the vid you posted and I’m a bit surprised at the overall complexity of the UFO rig. I’m interested as I am in the process of getting Cactus Islands catamaran tender sailing (bi-plane rigged) and hope fully foiling.
  15. IStream

"National Cleavage Day"

College was fun.
  16. How would he weaponize his twitter followers if he had no access to it?
  17. DDW

Ceiling Anarchy

They used a similar product in in my boat (except they did the overhead, not the ceilings). To make it appear more authentic, a V groove was sawn at 2" widths to simulate T&G. Looks like Nat Herreshoff put it up himself and white enameled it. Oh and don't forget the floors while you are at it.
  18. Gouvernail

flattening Perfection paint

Use the official company formula or risk absolutely Fucking up the entire job.
  19. Hence all the talk about "free" health care here and elsewhere with single payer systems of various kinds.
  20. astro

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

Hahhh, fuck Race, that's so old skool. You guys have moved on to Left and Right for hate. Edit: but punishing white cops for killing a 'nigger' will inflame the Right Wing Gun Nuts. They won't forget this when Trump calls them all out to 'Liberate' the USA if he even looks like he losing the vote in November.
  21. Gouvernail

J24 wet core replacement material

A multi time J-24 champion was banned from racing for a while because his boat was inspected and it was discovered his lazarettes were recited with foam if you plan to race the boat, check with a friendly trusted Certified Official Recognized currently active J-24 class Association measurer before you alter ANYTHING about your boat’s construction.
  22. MRS OCTOPUS

Bi plane rigged wing mast cat pros and cons?

Yep, thats actually pretty funny cuz Ozone's unstayed masts were something like twice the cost of the standard schionning stayed sloop rig and 250 kg heavier. No wonder it trimmed bow down. The funny bit is that Rob Denny and his engineer mate may have had a hand in the design and supply. Fact check required, paging Rob. There may be a thread over on boatdesignforum or DIYYACHTS with the owners comments from memory.
  23. That doesn't even make any sense. Try again.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements