All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. billy backstay

Republicans Against Trump

That's Potus Trump card! He just has to rev up his base, and they become like a KKK meeting from the 50's....
  3. jack_sparrow

Brexit WTF, WTF

Only one Highlight for today's Presser "It's very important that our advisers don't effectively get dragged into political controversy." Johnson blocked questions at every turn about Cummings and the effects on lockdown compliance etc all aimed at Vallance and Whitty. Journos (even his darlings Laura K and Peston) he cuts off dead. No answer, no follow-up. Vallance "It's very clear when I'm presenting the number of new daily cases but that's not the whole number. There will be more cases out there." Mmmmmm "The R is very close to 1. And there may be nations, or places within nations where it's very very close to 1." So??? Let's reopen schools and shops, and encourage social gatherings.
  4. Point Break

What to read?

Oh, and anything (esp the last 3) written by Yuval Noah Harari, start with "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" https://www.ynharari.com/book/sapiens/
  5. Jules

Rich Mitch

I agree. They are doing what has worked so well for the Trumpublicans. And those are the people they are targeting to get them off the Kool Aid.
  6. Made my weekly grocery store run earlier today. Some cheeseheads must think the pandemic is over. Noticeably fewer people wearing face masks than in previous weeks. Less social distancing as well.
  7. billy backstay

Fantastic analogy, thanks M8!!
  8. Jules

Brightwork Anarchy

I've only seen pictures of it online sellers have. And I'm pretty sure everything available today is plantation grown. But I've seen videos taken at boat years where they install teak decks and the color looks fine.
  9. NeedAClew

SailGP 2021

It's on YouTube now.
  10. dylan winter

Rich Mitch

I think that is fine voting in merca is about emotions the length of these are short enough for people to click on them even thosse who know they will hate the message all under 1 minute They are very well made - simple - to the point
  11. It looks like someone changed their mind again. The quoted price of a Laser on LP's website went up again to $4995 for the race edition and to $5500 for the XD with the composite upper. $4190 was too good to me true.
  12. NeedAClew

Team NYYC

Almost right. If anybody but Amway Maga wins, asterisk cuz fairness, rigged, nasty people, conspiracy, mail ballots...
  13. Left Shift

Is this possibly true?

I've now read in several places that people have claimed that Donald John Trump strangled his pregnant administrative assistant, a certain Ms. Carolyn Gombell, in October 2000. She reportedly threatened to go to the press. There are further reports, I've read on Twitter, that he bribed the then Police Commissioner, Bernard Kierik, to hush it all up. Superficial research on my part seems to indicate that no police inquiry ever delved into this mystery. I also can find no record of Ms. Carolyn Gombell ever existed, but I didn't look very hard. Both of which seems clearly to confirm that there was a cover-up. Is it TIME TO INVESTIGATE?
  14. B.J. Porter

Rich Mitch

Disappointing ad. All it does is accusing him of being rich and serving himself. Zero specifics. Zero hard examples of his corruption.
  15. billy backstay

The rise of the KAREN

Not only did the check for the 30 seconds have many zeros at the end, that was a very expensive 30 seconds of filmaking!! Probabaly more than few hours of filming and cutting to get it down to 30 seconds.
  16. rh3000

Team NYYC

I guess this level of ignorance lies at the heart of some of the assumptions being made about the conduct of the defender. And I don't mean ignorance of NZ's standing in the world of objective transparent policy, but more-so that you think any sensible democratic system would bypass such structures simply because its small.
  17. @Dog says spikes are a lie.
  18. Mismoyled Jiblet.

I find the rugged unbiased individualists the least serious of all.
  19. You don't know that half of it. It was Hillary who photographed Wiener's wiener. Many people at the pizza parlor are saying that.
  20. billy backstay

What's at your bird feeder?

At the moment it's 6 male and 4 female goldfinch passing off between two each of Nyjer thistle and sunflower heart feeders.
  21. Bill Barr is running interference for Trump’s EO on TV right now. He’s a fucking piece of shit.
  22. Jules

Finding space to work on boat projects

Not sure how big of a project you're thinking you'll be taking on, but when we bought a house with a 1 car garage and no basement, I made one of the bedrooms my inside workshop. A lot of times, it's still like working in a sardine can but, with patience, I can get things done.
  23. billy backstay

"National Cleavage Day"

Sarah Sinclair
  24. Wisconsin reports record number of new coronavirus cases, deaths Wisconsin saw a record number of new coronavirus cases and deaths reported in a single day on Wednesday, two weeks after the state’s Supreme Court struck down its statewide stay-at-home order. No one saw that coming, did they?
  25. hasher

What to read?

I love everything that Pat Conroy ever wrote. Russell Baker's autobiographies are great. Oswald's Tale by Norman Mailer. Why Bob Dylan Matters. Ken Follett's books.
  26. toddster

Cruise Ships: blessing or curse?

Oh Yay. We get to be first. Although this one doesn't always stop in my marina. I think it's too big, but sometimes docks on the outer jetty. https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/05/riverboat-cruise-from-portland-will-be-first-to-resume-on-us-waters-company-says.html
  1. Load more activity

Announcements