All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mismoyled Jiblet.

Elect a game show host they said

Apparently Trump ended Obama’s oppression of the police and allowed the police to be free. At least that’s what the head of the Minneapolis police union said at the Trump rally. But yer just a dumb old troll happy to watch the world burn
  3. Steam Flyer

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

They were quoting Twitter posters. Edit: And witnesses saying that.  You're right, and quoting another news source quoting witnesses... I read the first part where they said he had a bow-and-arrow and should have reconciled that with the other parts. - DSK
  4. Lark

On This Season of Riots

Poorly designed quarantine with uneven safety nets increased desperation. Marginalized people prior had trouble getting food during their Covid vacation, while those better positioned earned more by not working. Europe generally adjusted to more restrictive quarantine, Bolsonaro may get civil war for denying the need. Edit. Did your daughters protest because they were bored and tired of Netflix, or because they believed?
  5. mikewof

On This Season of Riots

Opinion. An opinion I wrote months ago, that this would happen. Unemployed young adults do what unemployed young adults do. This Angry Summer is on all those people who shut down the economy to save their own skin. http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/213466-us-ranked-1-to-best-deal-with-a-disease-outbreak/&page=55&tab=comments#comment-6969104 "There are going to be a lot of angry kids this summer . It's going to be an Angry Summer. You Baby Boomers failed your Millennial inheritors on this one." You want data Cal? Here's some data ...
  6. DustyDreamer

Elect a game show host they said

How is it that you are this stupid and still able to type words?
  7. Sail4beer

Sinkholes found Northern Lake Huron

That Cyanobacteria hold many secrets of ancient earth. The sinkholes themselves are no great mystery...
  8. Mismoyled Jiblet.

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

Love the bitter old cunt brigade that want to be outraged over damage blaming the media for giving them what they want. You fucks - soreass, millicent, etc are the problem
  9. Here’s info on the Finn. https://www.finnclass.org/news/20-news/990-reliability-and-longevity-make-a-finn-campaign-cheaper-than-you-think
  10. Amati

The Trump Presidency Is Over

Used to run the VW’s on that, until the Hippies got Greedy, really greedy, and the guys who run the Boat Design Forum got upset that I was feeding my cars, and not the Poor. Pissed off and guilt ridden! Another teaching moment gone wrong.....
  11. Mismoyled Jiblet.

On This Season of Riots

The “muh rights and freedoms” little fucksticks are the first to lick the jackbooot? I had that on 2020 bingo, because it’s always true in the US.
  12. DustyDreamer

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

They were quoting Twitter posters. Edit: And witnesses saying that.
  13. Cal20sailor

On This Season of Riots

Opinion or do you have mounds of research to cite?
  14. Bus Driver

Testing the Supreme court's integrity

Ouch. President Trump will not be pleased that his beer-swilling prick pick got slapped down. Roberts Upholds COVID-19 Restrictions on Churches, Scolds Kavanaugh
  15. Rennmaus

Rocket Launch!

What was that with the zippers on the suits? What kind of test do they need to perform and why? Aaaaaand: Congrats SpaceX and NASA!
  16. mikewof

On This Season of Riots

The indiscriminate use of the quarantine partly caused this. Unemployed young people tend to create an Angry Summer when their futures are thrown away by a privileged class of old folks who are perfectly happy to fritter around their lovely homes.
  17. Amati

The Trump Presidency Is Over

...A Lawyer, a Psychologist, and a Sailor walk into a waterfront bar.....
  18. DustyDreamer

On This Season of Riots

Don't worry folks, we have things under control... it's only a few bad apples. A few people from out of state. A few hoodlums. The AntiFa or maybe it was the Boogaloo folks. Just a few and we're rounding them up as we speak. So don't worry! The racism/violence/outrage/anger is not systemic and most people are perfectly happy guzzling soda and wolfing down fast food in front of their beautiful televisions.
  19. jack_sparrow

Brexit WTF, WTF

@KC375 The Tin Solders Today May 2020 Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming  We're finally on our own  This summer I hear the drumming Four dead in Ohio  ~Neil Young - May 1970
  20. justsomeguy!

Rocket Launch!

Yay!
  21. mikewof

On This Season of Riots

The paper and water mark looks real, but that type looks composited, the black is too dense to have been photographed and there isn't enough density variation across the surface. AntiFa has no shortage of hetero caucasian males.
  22. Lark

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

I woke the cat by cheering on the crowd. Not sure what the moron was thinking, but I’m sure glad he wasn’t a real militia with rapid fire guns.
  23. Steam Flyer

“I can’t breathe” Part 2

Speaking of that: https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/man-with-bow-arrow-taken-down-salt-lake-city/ Excellent example of inaccuracy in news reporting: that ain't a crossbow. Not sure what other details are incorrect, and for the most part this seems to be honestly written as news. Frankly that guy is lucky. Mobs can be extremely ugly, it wouldn't have surprised me to see that he was trampled and/or gut-shot and killed in a very ugly painful way. No loss, sure, but I'd rather not see that kind of thing happening in American streets. - DSK
  24. KC375

Brexit WTF, WTF

Agreed the US defence industry is particularly effective at influencing policy more so than in most European countries...but that comes with the enormous budget of US defence industries/US defence spending. Eisenhower had it right when he said " we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist." As to bailing out companies in times of exceptional duress...it's an interesting question who should you help and how should you help. Financial institutions suffering from cyclical or sectoral distress - I think it's actually clear the right approach (that many governments lack the courage to do). After wiping out equity, firing the board, and replacing at least the top 1-2 layers of management the government should provide capital in what ever form needed (mix of equity, debt, debt guarantees) and in some cases hand the weakest institutions to be managed / subsumed by ones that did not need an intervention. (it is worth remembering the US Gov. made money on its bailouts of financial institutions in 2008-2009). They key thing is that where the issue is individual or sectoral, equity investors should pay the price first as it is their role to ensure these institutions are well governed. In systemic/global situations like Covid 19...it gets much more complicated especially if much of the cost is driven by public policy choices (lockdown and social distancing). I'd be inclined to keep the business alive but nuance the assistance so it has more benefit for local employees and shareholders (given the tax issue)...but the reality is more like battlefield surgery...try to keep the patient alive and worry about nuance later.
  25. jack_sparrow

On This Season of Riots

Tin Soldiers today... Tin Soldiers 50 years ago this month .... Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming  We're finally on our own  This summer I hear the drumming Four dead in Ohio  ~Neil Young - May 1970
  1. Load more activity

Announcements