All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BrickTopHarry

Fat Point Tragedy

Aside from the specific stupidity in this case, are these kinds of shoot no shoot demonstrations really necessary at all? There's more than just this instance of it resulting in grief, is there not?
  3. Anaiis226

Dick Carter design boats

And a foto as Apecist
  4. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

You have to go to full interview on UTube but Goanna Face really has some gems. Gove on Sky - Sophie on Sunday Like he pushed the button on No Deal Yellowhammer today in response to the Letwin Amendment? But Letwin ensures No Deal doesn't happen (subject to EU agreeing) . So keep an eye out for emergency services etc all standing around with nothing to do. Says fully prepared for No Deal at end of Oct and everything will be alright. Then says a No Deal at end of 2020 transition period will never happen as the UK and EU would avoid that happening at all costs? How many times was he dropped at birth?
  5. Hukilau

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

I do not want to know what happened to the Wendy I
  6. LeoV

Brexit, WTF

Dogwatch said nobody should join the Euro for this... Singapore on the Thames it is (one look will show you how impossible that is, populist bs) As I said, reform is ongoing for 18 years since it was introduced. And it has been a stable currency meanwhile. The same economists predicted that the Euro would not survive the 08 crises, the Greek crises etc. The same economics would have doubt of the dollar (petrol based) too.
  7. marcus brutus

Photo ID

Please don't; your avatar photo is more than enough. https://tenor.com/view/speedo-speedoguy-bobs-burgers-vegan-gif-9930193
  8. Grenada was to prevent the spread of Soviet influence via Cuba. That was not done to transfer a bunch of money to buddies via their contractor companies. Panama was done to stomp on a rogue CIA asset who dared us to take action, and now gets to enjoy a cell for life, for his troubles. GHWB served in combat, and recognized the folly of perpetual rebuilding. His son did not, in either case, though at least one of his advisers warned him of the Pottery Barn rule. We are still paying for that. We managed to knock out the training camps in Afghanistan pretty quickly, but our regime change efforts there have accomplished little else, other than redistributing a bunch of borrowed money to the Best Americans. I think that a commander in chief who has served in combat might have a better chance of recognizing that there are costs for such things that extend beyond monetary consideration. How's Libya doing these days? At least we didn't get bogged down there with our troops on the ground. Rep. Gabbard is right to oppose the folly of regime change, and now is in a position to have a louder voice on the topic. I think that's a good thing. btw, has Hillary come up with any evidence yet?
  9. Anaiis226

Dick Carter design boats

It s me again I forgot some details built at Abeking&Rasmussen, 1969, G226, hull material wood , she raced 1969 at the one ton cup in Helgoland. …
  10. Shootist Jeff

Mattis mocks Donnie

Oh no, the bitch is burning better than I could have ever hoped for.
  11. Panoramix

Greta

That's funny, you say I can't do the maths but don't even bother to pick apart the calcs I made. As for carbon sequestration not being practical, obviously you forgot to send the memo to all the people using natural materials to build stuff.
  12. Shootist Jeff

Mattis mocks Donnie

Oh fuck off. You’re so far off base on that it makes me sick to even entertain the notion.
  13. KC375

Brexit, WTF

I never said the Euro would be the downfall of the EU. I simply observed that it's an incomplete solution that needs reform (a view expressed by many Economists with much more cred than I have). I also expressed some optimisim that it will be reformed...as the need is clear and pressing.
  14. marcus brutus

Andrews 28 Hulls 2 and 4?

Me too. That is why FT10 at half the price was a no brainer; they sold over 100 boats in 2 years.
  15. Anaiis226

Dick Carter design boats

Hello all from Hamburg Germany i found this forum a couple of weeks ago and love it! i will present you our 50 year old Lady „ Anaïs“ formaly known as _ Apecist _ Reata _ Skagarak _ Svinga we bought her 2016 - did a lot work by ourselves and the revit is still in prozess! Since 2016, we sail her during the summertime in the baltic sea and we are fascinated about her potential. know a couple of Fotos and greetings from germany ! ,
  16. LeoV

Brexit, WTF

Consider the grey economy, consider the opposite of the experiment (has been tried too). Italians are the most wealthy persons on average. I do not say it is without problems, but it will not be the downfall of the EU. But it is a good myth.
  17. KC375

Brexit, WTF

Fair enough. Those and similar experiences in Greece are some of the reasons why I think the Euro will reform, slowly, painfully, despite some pigheadedness (maybe Scholz will eventually be more reasonable the Schauble)...but I've been wrong before.
  18. jack_sparrow

Brexit, WTF

The Government now admitting the new Brexit Yacht leaks, which wasn't in the brochure 3 years ago, but climbing aboard and sailing away is still the right thing to do because it was ordered.
  19. bill4

Bombardier 4.8

With marginal success. Boats are average.
  20. Willin'

Man Plays With Gator In Pool

Too many stops for foto ops. Total attention whore.
  21. SloopJonB

Sketchy Yaquina Bar Rescue?

People unfamiliar with the Wet Coast may not really understand why all this happened - the sea looks rather benign in those rescue pics. This is Yaquina bar. That's a 52' Coast Guard cutter.
  22. dogwatch

Brexit, WTF

I didn't say it was over. Indeed it has not, the torture continues. I said it has failed. Consider its youth unemployment rate, for example. Consider the rise in populism.
  23. Israel Hands

OBO READY TO SELL Sweedish 31’ IW Sparkman & Stephens sailboat - $14000 https://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/d/morehead-city-obo-ready-to-sell/7002923851.html Excellent boat. Clean. Comes with extra sails spinnaker, extra main and Genoa. Setup ready to preform. Has made several ocean crossings. Comfortable, Sea worthy. Kubota diesel.
  24. Monkey

AC 36: INEOS TEAM UK

I don’t think he’s smart enough for big words. “Bag of shit” is more at his level.
  25. Israel Hands

That thing looks too much like a Vaquita. Leave it be - it's protected!
  26. Reagan made training films. W protected Texas from the Free Mexican Air Force.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements